Which Royal Would You Work For?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HA!That's an interesting thread.I would choose to work for CP Mary of Denmark.
I think it could be a lifetime experience.

I wouldn't mind being Prince Christian and Princess Isabella's and the Dutch princesses nanny either... I'd enjoy that more than being an assistant for their parents. Kids are more fun than adults

I would want to work for a Royal who actually has some gravitas and standing and a real involvement with their issues.

For that reason I'd choose QEII, Queen Rania or Sheikha Mozah.

Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands (she is really cool!) and Mette Marit (I'd find every pair of those dark tights and replace them with hose!!!). Seriously I'd love to work with either of them, they seem to be down to earth (of course that is just an assumption since I've never met either on of them).

Crown Prince Frederik or Crown Princess Mary

but wouldn't mind working for Prince Joachim or Princess Marie

i think i would love to work for queen Elizabeth ,or the Duchess of Cornwall .

I would choose Queen Rania. It would be very interesting as they travel a lot and seem to do a lot for their country. I'd probably never be bored. Plus she seems nice.

Prince Albert II of Monaco. My very lucky sister met him through her work about 10 years ago and told me how nice he was. I like nice people, there is nothing more rattling than having a mean boss. Prince Albert will do nicely :)

I'll choose Maxima I'd like to talk with her and so i can see the life of a princess

I would like to work for Mary,see her how carries her life,how she prepares her duties as Princess and how spends time with her children...and maybe help her

I wouldn't want to assist any of them...I would rather be a fly on the wall, because I am sure there would be things they would hide from a lowly assistant ;) And i would really love to be a fly on the wall to the Crown Prince couple of Denmark, I want to see what it's really like behind closed doors, whether Mary is as nice in private as she appears to be in public?...I want to know how many shoes she really does have? I want to se how she treat her staff? I want to see whether being royal has gone to her head and she doesn't even attempt to make her own cup of tea anymore?

I wouldn't want to assist any of them...I would rather be a fly on the wall, because I am sure there would be things they would hide from a lowly assistant ;) And i would really love to be a fly on the wall to the Crown Prince couple of Denmark, I want to see what it's really like behind closed doors, whether Mary is as nice in private as she appears to be in public?...I want to know how many shoes she really does have? I want to se how she treat her staff? I want to see whether being royal has gone to her head and she doesn't even attempt to make her own cup of tea anymore?

Oh to be invisable!

I would love to be the personal assistant of CP Victoria or Princess Madeline. I would love to shop with them when they purchase their gowns and shoes and other clothing.

I don't know if such a job exists but I would love to be the one who reads all the newspapers and then writes a summary on it. I would love to do this for Queen Elizabeth. Or a person who takes notes when she meets with the PM or other political leaders.

Princess Haya of Jordan she seems interesting to me.
Also the King of Thailand this man is wonderful just nice.

I'd like to work for the Japanese Royals - either CP Naruhito and/or CP Masako, or Prince Akishino and/or Princess Kiko - not fussed which family - just to see and experience what life's like for the Japanese Imperial family

I would love to be a free-lance travel agent available to any royal household that needs me. If they want to travel to Florida, I know a lot about the state. I've traveled from the Panhandle of Florida to Key West. I been to many places in the state. If I don't know the answer, I can find it for them. I know where they are places that they can have their privacy (no one would know them or bother them). Unless they are the British Royal Family, few people in Florida would recognize royals from other countries. I wouldn't either for that matter.

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

Finally, I would present a style all of her own and given my background in the field of fashion, I would work some real wonders with this beautiful Dane :flowers:

Madame Royale, don't you think Mary already has a style of her own? I think her sense of style is very good - when she is clearly choosing her own clothes. I'm not so impressed with Anja's "out there" choices for Mary though ...

I would nominate to work for Haakon, because he is the royal who is doing the most good work. Rania would be my second choice and Charles my third choice on that basis.

But for sheer fun, I'd work with Victoria!

I think it would be interesting to be a royal assistant to Kate Middleton. I'm assuming once she's married to Prince William that she would have an assistant. Most likely though she would get someone whose already experienced.

If Princess Di were alive, she would be my first choice. Also would choose CP. Mary, or Kate Middleton. Or the Countess of Wessex.

Last edited:
How To Work For Royalty

dear all,

I thought this would be an interesting topic. Some courts, like the british one, will publish a list of jobs and posts open, and one can apply to them, but most don't (the spanish one, for example, doesn't seem to publish them, and posts seem to get filled in by people who worked in diplomacy or public service in the past, or by word of mouth).

How does one get a job or post at a royal court? the answers may depend on the house specifically, so if it relates to a specific royal household, don't forget to add which one it is :)

As for the DRF, there is no doubt in my mind: It's word of mouth or otherwise through an extended network. And that goes all the way down to the cleaners.

When we are talking about senior court officials, it's people who are already known to some degree by other advisers or court officials. They are then approached to see if they are interested. That's how the current Chief of Court was employed.
Other senior court officials have a military background, requiring talent for organization and leading people. That's how the Masters of Ceremonies have been employed.

As for footmen and employees at the royal stables. Some of them are brought in when young. In at least once case after having served as a volunteer conscript with the Guards Hussars. The women in question then served at the stables before becoming a footman.

Then there are cleaners. They are almost invariably people who have worked for the state, say in ministries before and as such are already cleared and who potentially could have had access to confidential info. Working for the court is a relatively cozy job as a cleaner. You don't have to run ever faster, but can take more time in doing the job properly - a luxury few cleaners have nowadays. And often an employee at the court have access to rent an apartment at the Amalienborg complex at a very affordable price, considering the location!
Such a post formally has to be advertised, but in reality those who seek such a job is rarely an outsider.

In short: It's people who are known, recommended and approached and encouraged to seek a specific position at court.

Naturally all employees have to cleared by PET, that's no secret and as a state employee they have to sign a letter of confidence, making it a criminal offense to talk about sensitive matters to anyone.

M&F's cook for example is the husband of a friend of M&F.

Then there are the staff of adjutants. Being an adjutant for the DRF is not a temporary posting as in other countries. They apply and if accepted basically can remain adjutants until retirement or they seek another post. So a number of QMII's staff of adjutants have been around for years.
Just as with being the Captain of Dannebrog, it's usually the last position they have before retirement.

The drivers however are seconded from the military. I have an army-buddy who now drives or the DRF. They are usually recruited among career NCO's who have served for a long time and who now has this as a little cozy job, before retiring or returning to their unit. It's considered a little reward - it also means that you (and your family) don't have to relocate to a new posting at least for a few years.
These drivers undergo special training in evasive driving at FET (The military intelligence service) and a course in protocol.

Then there are the Ladies in Waiting. They are personal friends of the female royal in question. As it is considered an honor to serve the royal family they are not paid a salary, but only get expenses covered. They are not employees, they are above that.

As for nannies, and here speaking of the nannies employed by M&F, that must clearly have been through a network. Mette Hansen, is by profession a very qualified nurse at Rigshospitalet. So someone would have known her and recommended her.
At least one nanny, a British nanny, was employed through a very renowned British agency. They are highly trained, highly recommended and very discreet.
Mary's stylist and certainly former Chamber Maid, was recommended through the network of her hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard. The now dead Chamber Maid came from the world of theater and Søren Heedegaard's husband knew her very well.

Last edited:
thanks for your detailed answer, mulher! it's a fascinating topic.

I would like to work for His Imperial and Royal Highness Archduke Imre of Austria. It would be interesting to travel to the various imperial residences.

Princess Caroline, absolutely. She seems such a kind, warm woman with a very elegant and chique air about her. Plus she must have juicy gossip to tell and I'm all ears.

To be honest, I don't think I'd want to be a personal assistant to any of them. Even with all the perks that seem to come with job. I like following the ins and outs of royalty but I wouldn't want to live the life myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom