Which Royal Life Would You Like Turned Into A Movie?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love a well done miniseries about the Romanovs. If only because when I read bios I have a hard time keeping anyone outside of the immediate family straight.
Also I think a movie about Queen Mary Tudor would be interesting. Somehow she always gets lost between the greatness of her father and her sister.

I would like to see a movie about King Abdullah and Queen Rania's love story :heart:

I would love a well done miniseries about the Romanovs. If only because when I read bios I have a hard time keeping anyone outside of the immediate family straight.
Also I think a movie about Queen Mary Tudor would be interesting. Somehow she always gets lost between the greatness of her father and her sister.

A good series about the Romanovs is long overdue, in my opinion. It's hard to keep the family straight (like you, I know the members of the immediate family with no problem, but beyond that, I have to refer to my sources over and over, though I think I'm beginning to grasp the Konstantinovichi branch, but only slightly).

I wish to see more series about dynasties as Stewarts,Romanovs,Hannovers,Windsors,Bourbons,Valois,Medici etc.

I think it would interesting if they did a movie on King Charles I and his children. I know they did a movie on his son Charles II (didn't see this movie).

Another interesting movie would be CP Victoria and Prince Daniel, their courtship and relationship. Or CP Haakon and Mette-Marit.

You don't see too many movies of other royal households (most of the ones I've seen are British royalty). Would be interesting if we saw movies of modern royalty besides British royalty.

I think a movie about Queen Mary, wife of George V, would make my day! So many times I see her as a one dimentional, stiff supporting character in films about either Edward VIII or George VI. It would be great to explore her life, show her confidants (Helena Bricka, her aunt Augusta, Lady Airlie, etc.), and go through her amusing World War II experiences in Badminton House as well as all three sons who died during her lifetime.

A well crafted, nearly exact- as- we- know- it film of the Romanov murders would also be much desired.

Victoria, Princess Royal and Frederick, Crown Prince of Prussia

I'd like to see movie about Queen Noor, and her adjustment to new country, culture and royal life. And movie about Farah Pahlavi. She had fight for female rights in Iran, was very popular person. Left her country, lost her husband, son and daughter. She is true heroine for me.

I want to see a movie or read about the relationship of Haakon and Mette-Marit and his families reaction to the relationship in its infancy. Also want to see a movie or read a book about Frederick and Mary.
Lastly I think a movie about Queen Raina would be very interesting.

King Hussein of Jordan, Queen Alia Al Hussein, and Queen Noor Al Hussein.

I think Catherine de Médicis is long overdue a movie on her life along with a few other long forgotten Kings/Queen's.

I think it would be interesting if a movie was done about Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. How they met, their courtship, etc.

I would love a film about Christian IX, Queen Louise and their children, I know A Royal Family was made about them (and is a lovely series, just by the way) but I would love to see an actual film about them. I think it's a fascinating story, he wasn't even meant to be king and then he ended up as the father-in-law of Europe.

A decent film about the Romanovs would also be great, maybe focusing a little less on the Anastasia/Anna Anderson subject, and more on the family and the relationship between Nicholas and Alexandra in particular, one of the greatest love stories in history.

And then I agree with some of the previous posters and would love a film about Queen Mary, Queen Consort to George V. She's a really admirable person and she had a fascinating life.

^There should be an episode about Waldemar/Marie+MarieBonaparte/George :)

Would love to see a movie about the Bavarian Princess and scientist Therese, who was als in love with the mad King Otto I.

Isabella of France,Queen of Edward II would be another of my choices!

:previous:

I'd love that too! Isabella was a real character and certainly lived an eventful life.

I'd really like a film on Marguerite of Navare. In fact, I'd love a film on either ladies known under the name (one was Francis I's sister, the other - Henry II's daughter, sister to Francis II, Charles IX and Henry III, and wife to Henry IV). I know the latter lady has been popularised in Dumas work but I think I would prefer something more factual and involving a larger segment of her life.

Last edited:
I would like to see a very tasteful movie about Their Majesties George V & Queen Mary. I also hope a tasteful movie will be done on Elizabeth II life at some point in the future, perhaps after she passed on.

Most of the movies that I've seen about royals have primarily been the British Royal Family. It would be interesting if a series of movies were done on other royal households. A series called the Royal Households of the World which would feature various royal households or their history. It would be interesting to me, at least. Can't say that this would be the same for the American public in general.

I would like to see a very tasteful movie about Their Majesties George V & Queen Mary. I also hope a tasteful movie will be done on Elizabeth II life at some point in the future, perhaps after she passed on.

I feel like The Queen did a pretty fantastic job with parts of her life already.

I think that a movie about Britain's Queen Mary told from her point of view would be interesting. She had a fascinating, though sorrowful, life.

Queen Mary's life would take a mini-series. She when from her husband's grandmother was queen to her grand daughter being queen. Oh, and an abdication.

Queen Margaret of Scotland. Her father was exiled from Britain and she was raised in Hungary, with her mother being a daughter of the "Holy Roman Emperor." Her family tried to return to England but they were forced away, and sailed on a ship which winds blew to Scotland, where she met the King, Malcolm (this was just after the time of MacBeth, Shakespeare's scoundrel). Margaret introduced customs of the European church to Scotland and was declared a saint of the Catholic Church. She had six sons, and died a few weeks after her husband Malcolm was killed in battle. Her son became King David I of Scotland, who invited the family which became the Stuart kings to settle in Scotland, after they fought on the wrong side of a dynastic battle in England.
This would be about as murderous and swashbuckling as any Tudor drama from a later period.

I would like see movie about Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh

I would love to see a film about Richard III of England. I know that there are many versions of Shakespeare's Richard III, but that play is very much anti-Richard and I would like something less biased or even pro-Richard filmed, for example "The Sunne in Splendour" by Sharon Kay Penman, especially now when archeologists might have found the remains of Richard.

Back
Top Bottom