Which Royal Has the Same Name As You?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadiyah2086

Aristocracy
City
Fishkill
Country
United States
I know that there are many people who are name for royals because their parents liked that particular royal. For example my friends was named after Princess Diana becasue she was born on the day Diana married Charles.

My name is Latisha which means joy and gladness in Latin. I share mine with Princess Letizia of Spain and Princess Leatitia-Maria of Belgium. (Although spelled differently)

Anyone else out there share they name with a royal?

no, I pity that. :(
I would love to have the name; mary. My name looks a little like that; mirjam. No actually it doesnt. it is totally different. :D

I share my name with Anne, Princess Royal.

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Sofia...my mum called me it obviously because she likes the name and she has always admired Queen Sofia. :) Personally I prefer the spelling Sophia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an Elisabeth, so there are/have been so many royals with whom I share/shared my name! :)

I too share my name "Emma" with quite a number of royal and noble ladies... but I am most proud to share it with the great Queen Emma of Holland(nee waldeck-pyrmont) who raised the amazing Queen Juliana and is largely responsible for shaping the Dutch royal family into what it is today.

my name is Grace Mariella;) my mom have always loved Princess Grace.,, maybe the reason

My name is Aleksandra, so I share it with Princess Alexandra of Danemark and with little daughter of Princess Caroline. There were also few other Alexandra-Queens and Princesses in the past, I think;)

Well, my name is Diana, so I share my name with late Lady Diana and a few other royals.

My name is Agnieszka - Agnes.

I share my name with few ladies from the past like:
Agnes von Anhalt wife of Johann Herzog v. Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg and great-great-granaunt of Catherine II of Russia.
Few Agneses d'Anjou, d'Aquitaine (wifes of Henri III empereur Romain-Germanique, Ramiro I rey de Aragon, PierreI comte de Savoie, Ramiro II rey de Aragon), de Bourbon and de Bourgogne, von Habsburg (daughters of Rudolf I, Albrecht I), von Hessen, de Savoie, von Wurttemberg.
Agnes von Babenberg wife of Istvan III Arpad kin of Hungry etc.

Present: Agnes von Habsburg-Lothringen wife os Karl-Alfred, Prince von und zu Liechtenstein (1910-1985) brother of GD Franz Joseph II.

I share my name with all the variants of "Katherine" , but in the royals category I guess the closest match would be the agelessly lovely Duchess of Kent, the former Katherine Worsley. All the others (Ekaterina, Caterina, Catherine, etc) are also in with that but the Duchess and I share the same spelling.:)

my name is Diana so I obviously share mine with the late Princess Diana.

My name is Joana. I share it with Joana, wife of Henrique IV of Castela; her daughter Joana, Princess of Castela; Juana (La Loca) Queen of Castela and Infanta Joana of Portugal.
I share it also with Jeanne d'Arc.

Last edited:
My name is Bénédicte Marie, so I share my name with both Queen Margrethe of Denmark'sister and her daughter-in-law!!:D

my name is Sofie , so I share it with Queen Sofia of Spain

It's also one of Princess Louise of Belgium en Countess Eloise of the Netherlands middle names

And my name is Marta - just like the name of my favourite princess Martha Louise;)

My names are Elizabeth and Catherine so that would be quite a few royals I share a name with!!

My name is Olympia.........so I share with Maria-Olympia (well half of it anyway)

My name is Marie, and I have Anne as third name. So I share it with lot of royals.

My name is Jennifer & my middle is Lindsay & I do not share my name with any royal.

my name is really uncommon Avellina and Novialy (I never find any girl who have same name with me).. so I don't share my name with any royals..

my second name is Tamara and i share it with Princess Tamara Laura Czartoryska (or Czartoryski) Borbon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamara_Laura_Czartoryska-Borbon. she's a member of Poland's exiled royal family and apparently related to the Spanish royal family. ;)

on one pic of her that i saw on WireImage i thought she looked like Cher. :D hee hee

My name is Liesbet and that comes from Elisabeth/Elizabeth so I do share too my name with a lot of queens and princesses from the past and the present. I think Elisabeth (or something that comes from it) is very popular. At least In Belgium.

There's a royal named Paula?, I don't know :(

Paula** said:
There's a royal named Paula?, I don't know :(

Queen Paola of Belgium which is the Dutch version of Paula. (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

my name is Alexandra, that is quite popular with royals now, Princess Caroline named her daughter Alexandra, Queen Alexandra of England, Ingrid ALEXANDRA from Norway, Zsarina Alexandra of Russia, (ex) Princess Alexandra of Denmark, ...i cant think of anymore!

Last edited:
Shadiyah2086 said:
Queen Paola of Belgium which is the Dutch version of Paula. (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Paola is an italian name:rolleyes: ;)
Queen Paola was born in Italy:cool:

crisiñaki said:
Paola is an italian name:rolleyes: ;)
Queen Paola was born in Italy:cool:

Duh, stupid me I didn't think of that.:rolleyes: Thanks for correcting me crisiñaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom