What Would You Change?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lena

Heir Apparent
City
Mandø
Country
Denmark
When the Royal world would be like chess and when you would make decisions over the Royal´s life, which ones would that be.
Ok, here are mine:

- I would reintroduce the classic coronation (the Monarch gets a crown on his/her head)

- Queen Elizabeth II would give an looooong interview about her eventful life.

- Prince William would marry princess Madeleine

- The current generation of crown princes(ses) would pose for a photoshoot together. Then their partners together...and then their children...

I would love to see a photo like this

The current generation of crown princes(ses) would pose for a photoshoot together. Then their partners together...and then their children...

and i would like to see court dresses again

Last edited:
Re:

I'd like to see a huge party given with all the Kings and Queens, Crown Princes and Crown Princesses etc all present. All their orders and decorations - all posing for a huge photograph and looking great!

Also, I'd like to see Queen Elizabeth II talk about her life, but only about the bits she feels comfortable discussing. Her mother and father, her grandparents etc.

I'd like to see true coronations and proper bows from the waist and not from the neck.

I would like Prince Philip to give a long interview about his life even the parts he feels uncomfortable discussing.

I want Prince William and Harry to do a reality show like The Simple Life.

I would like Camilla to to do a documentary so she will stop being a mysterious woman, and I could get to know her more.

Prince William would marry Lauren Bush. (we need an american over there)

Re:

Prince William would marry Lauren Bush

No! He should drop Middleton and marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden :p

Harry's polo shirt said:
(we need an american over there)
*Tries to avoid pointing out how "well" that worked last time.*

and especially considering that Lauren is ..a Bush! I do not think that the british are very fond of that family (to say the least).

I would like to see all royal weddings as grand gala events as in denmark and norway, with orders, uniforms and tiara's.

I think Will and Lauren would make an adorable couple. They would be like Romeo and Juliet.

I would like Prince Andrew and Fergie to remarry also.

Id Like the Queen to be interviewed on US TV id Like William to Marry Kate
Henry to focus on his Army and Charity career

Fun thread--
I would also like for Queen Elizabeth to give a loooooonnnngggg interview about her life

I want to see more tiaras at the opening of Parliament

I want to see more of the British Royal Family's jewels that are hidden in the vault, glinting in their cases but never seen--

I want a formal announcement that Camilla will be Queen Consort

I would LOVE to see William drop Kate (even though she is a very nice girl) and marry Madeline, too. Imagine the children those two could have!

I DO NOT want to see Harry and Chelsey

I want to see Prince Charles nominated for a Nobel because of all the work he has done on behalf of the environment

I would like to see Princess Michael get the Royal Family Order. It just seems unfair that she does not yet have one.
my list could go on and on, this is just the beginning!!

I would like Prince William to marry Kate... or if that doesn't work out for them... I want Kate to be the one to break it off with Prince William.

If Prince William must marry a royal bride, I would want him to marry Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, his third cousin, I think?

I would like for the Queen and Prince Phillip to do an 18-episode reality show/ documentary of their personal lives. In it, they would discuss the past, present, and future as well as discuss their relationships with family members and extended family.

I have heard that the place where the Queen's jewels are kept is as big as a football field (underground). I would like for the arena of the Queen's jewels to go on display to the public.

I, too, would like for Prince Charles to start getting a little more recognition for his work. At this point, time seems to be Prince Charles' friend. Imo, without the glitz of Diana around, we get to see the better qualities of Prince Charles, and so far, they are qualities worth seeing.

I would like for William to grow into a thoughtful, considerate, serious, duty-conscious young man who makes great sacrifices and always puts his country first.

I would like for Harry to continue to be the playboy prince and drop Chelsea. I would like to see him date models, famous actresses, singers… basically, people we already know through the media and who will talk about how cute and charming he is when they give interviews.

I would like for the royal channel on YouTube to have more videos, much more videos.

Last edited:
Denmark would hence forth reinstate the Coronation of Kingship.

A new fleet of royal carriages is built for the Danish Royal Family. Made here in Australia by the very same man who makes Queen Elizabeth's.

HRH Crown Princess Mary is made a Grand Commander of the Order of the Dannebrog.

Denmark institutes it's own Nobel Prize with a large royal ball held in either Copenhagen, Stockholm or Oslo each year where all Scandinavian royals attened.

There would be three state visits made to Denmark each year, in which HM Queen Elizabeth II pays a State Visit to the Kingdom of Denmark in 2008.

A formal announcement that HRH the Duchess of Cornwall shall assume the title of Princess Consort upon HRH The Prince of Wales accession.

HRH The Prince of Wales is officially recognised for all his good works.

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall is made a Dame Grand Cross of The Royal Victorian Order.

HRH Princess Michael of Kent receives The Royal family Order of Elizabeth II.

HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit is presented with a tiara which, dare I say, is actually noticeable. Something with sapphires or emeralds mounted in white gold and encrusted with diamonds. Matching earrings, a brooch and bracelet also.

Denmark pays an Official visit to Norway and HRH The Crown Princess is made a Knight of the Order of the Elephant.

HIH Princess Aiko (Toshi) is proclaimed second in line to the Imperial Chrysanthemum throne.

Last edited:
I would go back to the days when princesses dressed like princesses, irrespective of the occasion. I'd also get rid of the custom of royal ladies wearing gloves as it's silly to go out on a hot day swaddled up in a coat, hat and gloves. Plus, flesh-to-flesh contact is much more humanlike than gloved hand contact.

Definitely, I'd reintroduce the classic coronation ceremonies for those countries that no longer have them.

Another change I'd like to see is that Prince Charles gives up his right to the throne because his affair with Camilla, and subsequent marriage, makes a mockery of the Church, marriage and the Monarchy.

Princess Ragnhild of Norway becomes Queen Regnant of Norway

Italy restores the Monarchy & House of Savoy

Ireland elects Princess Caroline as High Queen of Ireland

Prince Albert II bestows Princely titles on the Casiraghi trio

King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia take up residence at the Palacio Real & the Prince/Princess of Asturias move to the Zarzuela Palace.

In Thailand, King Bhumibol changes the succession so instead of the Crown Prince, the throne goes to Princess Sirindhorn. Then, he abdicates so Sirindhorn can be a new voice of unity after the protests and riots this month.

While the Crown Prince is seen (privately due to the lese majesté laws) with a high level of scorn, Sirindhorn, the eldest daughter still in line for the throne, has the same respect and adoration from Thais as her father.

Wikipedia:
Thais commonly refer to her as Phra Thep (Thai: พระเทพ), meaning "princess angel."
Some of the articles I have read on Thailand mention a prophecy that says the Chakri Dynasty will have nine kings, and Bhumibol is the ninth. But what about a Queen?

A few other things I'd like to see happen:
---Respectful, multi-part interview with Queen Elizabeth about her life. Each part could discuss a different facet of her life: her father, the world trips, her children, etc.

--Restoration of a (constitutional, limited) Imperial Family in Russia for the sense of history and the possibility of a unifying force in a vast, diverse nation. This would be nothing like the Autocrats of All the Russias, more like a Western European-type monarchy, but I could see where people would be uncomfortable with this idea, given the history.

---Canada gets to alter its succession law so when the UK has a new monarch, Canada gets its own ruler. Maybe Charles for the UK and Andrew for Canada? Or William for the UK and Harry for Canada? :D (Part of this might be me thinking how cool it'd be having a royal family residing right across the border.)

---Japan alters its law to equal primogeniture, so Aiko is Empress one day.

I think Will and Lauren would make an adorable couple. They would be like Romeo and Juliet.

I would like Prince Andrew and Fergie to remarry also.

I would also like to see Prince Andrew and Fergie remarry as well.:flowers: I think they suit each other.

Things I would change:

1. Equal primogeniture in ALL monarchies (doesn't have to be retroactive for current generation, but COME ON...it is 2010) and Princess Aiko becoming Empress of Japan...and marrying a Club Kid LOL

2. Elimination of the Imperial Household Agency in Japan and creating a new royal court (with NONE of the members having served in the IHA)

3. Fully complete, accurate, and totally public records of all monarchy costs/expenses/budgets and the same for all republics and governmental agencies of constitutional monarchies so everyone could see accurately which system, if not better, is more economical.

4. Establishment of a Mandatory Boot Camp for Fashion Challenged Princesses. The inaugural platoon would include Mabel, Laurentien, the York Princesses, Stephanie of Monaco, her sister Caroline (who might get out early for good behavior), the Princess Royal, Crown Princess Victoria (but just for the weeks on shoes and accessories), Martha Louise, and Queen Beatrix.
The Drill Sgt. would be a mystic channeler who calls forth the spirits of Princess Grace, Jackie Kennedy, Coco Chanel, Queen Ingrid, and Marina, Duchess of Kent.

5. If QEII isn't going to open up the vaults so that more of the jewels can be worn by the British royal ladies, then put those rocks on display somewhere, charge admission, and use the proceeds for charity or to maintain the state-owned royal buildings.

6. Fergie would shut up...forever.

7. Members of this forum would be invited to spend a one week vacation as the guests of a different royal family each year. Access would be granted to view all jewels, palaces, private apartments, historical archives and a private audience would be granted with each monarch who would be required to answer one question completely truthfully.

and, finally....

(not really a change...but something I would LOVE to see...)

8. The reigning queens of Europe (Elizabeth II, Paola, Margrethe II, Silvia, Sofia, and Beatrix) do a remake of the *****cat Dolls "Don't Cha"

William either marries Kate or dumps her for good. (I'd prefer the latter but I'd settle for the former just to end the waiting game.)

Mette-Marit and Haakon have another child.

More royal-royal marriages in the next generation, but only if the couples truly love each other.

Semi-salic law is retained in countries that still have it and restored in those that don't.

Every country that has gotten rid of its monarchy decides to restore it so that we have more reigning houses to watch. ;)

Prince Michael of Kent gets the Order of the Garter Russia restores its Monarchy all of Ireland under the Monarchs control

I would like to see Georg Friedrich become German Emperor.
He could reign as Georg Friedrich I, Georg I, or Friedrich IV.

10-12-2005, 05:25 AM
When the Royal world would be like chess and when you would make decisions over the Royal´s life, which ones would that be....

1. More coronations than proclamations, it's good for tourism and the economy.
2. Make all Balkan monarchies return to be re-established since most were removed during war by Hitler or Stalin's associates.

-All the commoner spouses of British princes being called 'Princesses' rather than 'Duchesses'
-Kate becoming Lady of the Garter
-All the European royal consorts (m/f) receiving either the Order of Bath or the Royal Victorian Order

Last edited:
I would like to see the restoration of the monarchy (along with the traditional royal and noble titles) in France and in Portugal, as those were two of the oldest monarchies in Europe.

Portugal restored its monarchy with the House of Bragança reigning again.

Afonso de Bragança married Lady Louise Windsor.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex returned to the United Kingdom as senior and working members of the BRF

Nepal, Greece, Italy, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Germany restored their monarchies.

In 2034, Prince Christian of Denmark married Infanta Sofia of Spain.

-All the spouses of British princes being called 'Princesses' rather than 'Duchesses'
-Kate becoming Lady of the Garter
-All the royal consorts (m/f) receiving either the Order of Bath or the Royal Victorian Order

From what I remember the spouse of a royal prince (not the crown princes) uses princess if she belongs to another royal family or she is a princess. Back in the 70s when magazines wanted Prince Charles to marry Caroline, princess of Monaco, she would have joined the family already as a born princess and daughter of a head of a state.

In the olden days, and maybe today in theory, there were two types of princes as in the same word used to describe two different ranks. A Serene Prince is not a Royal or Imperial Prince. Same name, different ranks.

A Dukedom was above a serene highness principality unless is an independent nation like Monaco, Liechtenstein. A royal or imperial highness prince was above a Duke. In Spain and Portugal, a duke with the title Grande was ranked higher than any other duke in Europe. Think of a Spanish Duke that is also a Grande is a 'Grand Duke' of sorts.

Note aside, anyone here knows if the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, who is also a Bourbon royal prince too, outranks a serene highness prince of Monaco or Liechtenstein?

Last edited:
From what I remember the spouse of a royal prince (not the crown princes) uses princess if she belongs to another royal family or she is a princess. Back in the 70s when magazines wanted Prince Charles to marry Caroline, princess of Monaco, she would have joined the family already as a born princess and daughter of a head of a state.

In the olden days, and maybe today in theory, there were two types of princes as in the same word used to describe two different ranks. A Serene Prince is not a Royal or Imperial Prince. Same name, different ranks.

A Dukedom was above a serene highness principality unless is an independent nation like Monaco, Liechtenstein. A royal or imperial highness prince was above a Duke. In Spain and Portugal, a duke with the title Grande was ranked higher than any other duke in Europe. Think of a Spanish Duke that is also a Grande is a 'Grand Duke' of sorts.

Note aside, anyone here knows if the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, who is also a Bourbon royal prince too, outranks a serene highness prince of Monaco or Liechtenstein?

I say the commoners married with British princes could being called of Princess in front of the Duchess titles. ex:Princess Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh

Would the Parliament of Monaco have to approve this?

No, Parliament is not involved in the Prince of Monaco's conferrals of titles.

From what I remember the spouse of a royal prince (not the crown princes) uses princess if she belongs to another royal family or she is a princess.

No, the British monarchy has always preferred to use Duke/Duchess over Prince/Princess. For example, once Princess Helene of Waldeck and Pyrmont married the Duke of Albany, she was formally known as the Duchess of Albany.

The exception might be the Duchess of Fife, who on marrying Prince Arthur of Connaught became known as Princess Arthur of Connaught.

A Dukedom was above a serene highness principality unless is an independent nation like Monaco, Liechtenstein.

No, not necessarily. For example, the Duchess of Hohenberg (a morganatic wife of an Austrian archduke) did not outrank the Prince of Liechtenstein (who was accepted as an equal-rank husband for an Austrian archduchess).

Today the rank of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Duke of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon of Parma, etc. etc. (his titles are used in that order) at international events depends on his status as a head of state, not his title of Royal Highness.

Back
Top Bottom