What will happen to Royal Families in 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibility of a baby for Duke and duchess of Sussex.

Wedding for Lady Gabriella.

Some of the older members of the family may pass from this life.

UK
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcome their first child in the Spring ;)
Princess Eugenie announces a pregnancy.
Princess Beatrice has a new boyfriend.
Lady Gabriella Windsor marries in May and announces a pregnancy at the end of 2019.

Belgium
Engagement of Prince Joachim with Victoria Ortiz Martinez-Sagrera.

Denmark
No abdication for Queen Margrethe.
More official tasks for both Frederik & Mary and Joachim & Marie as the late Prince Henrik's patronages are redistributed.
Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg gets engaged to Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig and marries over the summer at Egeskov castle.

Norway
Princess Martha Louise has a new boyfriend.

Sweden
Third baby for Carl Philip and Sofia - a boy.
Fourth one for Madeleine and Chris - a boy.

Greece
Engagement and wedding of Prince Philippos and Nina Flohr.

Luxembourg
Pregnancy announced for Guillaume and Stéphanie with a birth in 2020.
Third baby for Félix and Claire.

I like all of these predictions. Let's see how many come true.

Duke and duchess of Sussex announce expecting their first child. Born either end of 2019 or early 2020. And Meghan's family continue their things.

I try think more later.

And someone has already mentioned Margarethe of Denmark abdicating but I don't see that happening. She has announced being queen rest of her life.

Now we know we don't have to wait for 2019 for Duchess of Sussex's pregnancy.

Here are my predictions:

UK:
A girl for Harry and Meghan (born around late March-mid April 2019)
Pregnancy announcement for Eugenie and Jack
Possible fourth pregnancy for William and Kate.

Sweden:
Another pregnancy for Carl Philip and Sofia (boy born in late 2019 or early 2020)
Another pregnancy for Madeleine and Chris (boy born in 2020).

Luxembourg:
Another pregnancy for Claire and Felix (girl born in mid 2019)
Engagement announcement for Alexandra
Not really sure about other siblings.

Belgium:
Another pregnancy for Amadeo and Elisabetta (girl born in mid 2019).

Perhaps we then heard about Eugenie's pregnancy then.

She sure was beaming when the archbishop was at the 'children part' of the prayer at their wedding. So, you never know how long it might take but it seems that they are hoping for children to join their family unit.

Here are my predictions:

UK:
Pregnancy Announcement for Eugenie and Jack
A boy for Harry and Meghan
Increasingly official acts for William and Kate

Luxembourg
State visit from Luxembourg to the United Kingdom (it's one more wish of mine ...)
Pregnancy Announcement for Guillaume and Stephanie

Spain
More state visits (Luxembourg, Denmark, and other countries ..)
Leonor debuts at the Princess of Asturias Awards

Greece
Engagement and marriage of Prince Philippos and Nina Flohr.
Princess Theodora's Engagement Announcement

Monaco
Charlotte Casiraghi Engagement Announcement
Another baby for Pierre and Beatrice

Belgium
Princess Elisabeth has more prominence in the agenda of the royal house

Netherlands
Princess Catharina-Amalia is more prominent in official events

UK
Birth of Baby Sussex in Spring/Name annoucement/Christening early Summer
Wedding of Gabriella Windsor
Annoucement of Princess Eugenie's pregnancy in Fall
Annoucement of Meghan's several patronages
Release of Prince Louis first birthday pictures

Bhutan
Queen Jetsun Pema announces 2nd pregnancy

Belgium
Special occasion for Princess Elisabeth 18th birthday
Improvement of Prince Emmanuel condition

Denmark
Prince Felix confirmation
Prince Nikolai fashion job increases
Prince Christian increase on royal activities with his father

Dutch
Countess Eloise admitted to College
Princess Ariane starts the Gymnasium school
Princess Catherina-Amalia first engagement with her father

Norway
Mette-Marit condition improves
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra role extends in 2019

Spain
Princess Leonor attends for the first time the Princess of Asturias Awards
More surgeries for King Juan Carlos

Sweden
Pregnancy annoucement for Prince Carl-Phillip and Sofia
Festivies/official photographs for Prince Carl-Phillip 40th birthday

UK
Birth of Harry and Meghan's baby
Pregnancy announcement for Eugenie maybe near end of the year.
Would be nice to see a new relationship for Beatrice
I think William and Kate may try to emulate the Queen and so think there may be an announcement of fourth baby next year.

Princess Theodora's Engagement Announcement
Now we know we don't have to wait for 2019 for this happy event.:hug::heartflower:
I am also sure we hear about the pregnancy soon after wedding; Theodora is 35 and a half already.?
Same for Lady Gabriella Windsor, who probably will have turned 38 at the moment of her wedding:baby:

Luxembourg
Pregnancy news for HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephane or Prince Felix and Princess Claire
Cour redesigns their website
Prince Louis and Princess Tessy finalize their divorce

Japan
Crown Princess Masako continues to improve and attends New Year's Greetings and New Year's Poetry Reading
Possible first solo event for Princess Aiko. 1st solo appearances seem to vary. Mako was 16 whereas Kako was 20, after coming-of-age.
Princess Kako attends her first garden party (well, the garden party following enthronement as regular garden parties are cancelled in 2019)
Princess Hisako finds her daughter Princess Tsuguko a husband. Possible engagement announcement in late 2019 but no wedding until 2020. Like sisters, Tsuguko will use the same team of dress designer, hairstylist, and florist and wear grandmother Princess Yuriko's robes.

Last edited:
UK

-The Sussexes have a girl.
-They go full steam on the naming tribute, Lady Diana Frances Elizabeth
-Pregnancy for Jack and Eugenie.
-Pregnancy for Gabriella and Tom.
-Beatrice is in a serious relationship with either Edo or another man, but despite the media saying marriage is imminent, Bea doesn't get engaged in 2019.
-Andrew throws Sarah a 60th birthday party at Royal Lodge. The press goes heavy on the Sarah-Andrew romance speculation.
-The press says one of the Queen's grandchildren is going through a rough patch in their marriage. The rumor is denied but the media continues to repeat the rumor.

Luxembourg

-Pregnancy for Felix and Claire.
-Pregnancy for Guillaume and Stephanie (IVF? twins?)

Monaco

-Pregnancy for Beatrice and Pierre
- Jasmin and Ian get engaged

Babies to be born:
Prince Edouard & Princess Isabella de Ligne - a boy
Duke & Duchess of Anjou - a boy
Ashley & Kathryn Hicks - a boy
Hereditary Prince Ernst-August jr & Hereditary Princess Ekaterina of Hannover - a boy
Duke & Duchess of Sussex - a boy
Prince Michael & Princess Ljubica of Serbia - a girl
Count & Countess of Dreux - a girl

Pregnancies/babies:
Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank
Lady Gabriella Windsor, future Mrs. Thomas Kingston
Princess Theodora of Greece, future Mrs. Matthew Kumar
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxemburg
Jetsun, Queen of Bhutan
Princess Elia of Albania
Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este, nee Rosboch von Wolkenstein
Princess Kristine Bagration-Mukhransky, nee Dzidziguri
Countess Anna von Arco-Zinneberg, Mrs. Colin McKenzie
Archduchess Lisa of Austria, nee Winter
Diana Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg, Mrs. Stefan Dedek
Princess Iman bint Hussein of Jordan, Mrs. Zayed Mirza
Princess Zeina Rashid of Jordan
Princess Noor bint Asem of Jordan, Mrs. Amr bin Zidan
Zein al-Sharaf al-Kurdi, Mrs. Karim Thomas
Countess Desiree zu Castell-Castell, nee Peill
Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth-Mills, nee Binder
Princess Henriette of Bavaria, nee Gruse
Princess Amanda of Orleans and Braganza, nee Gabriel Sao Clemente de Azevedo
Princess Maria Thereza of Orleans and Braganza, Mrs. Guillerme dos Santos Zanker
Princess Bernadette of Bavaria, Mrs. Carmelo Milici
Hereditary Princess Viktoria of Leiningen, nee Princess von Preussen
Duchess Alice of Oldenburg, Mrs. Philip Maciocia
Princess Jerriann of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, nee Sullivan
Princess Katja von Croy, nee Schultz
Lupeolo Halaevalu Tuita, Mrs. Lopeti Aleamotu'a
Princess Courtney of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, nee Young
Honourable Sophia Lascelles,nee Catlidge
Cynthia Lascelles, nee Ramirez
Princess Tatiana of Prussia, Mrs. Philipp Womack
Princesss Clara of Schonburg-Hartenstein, nee Countess von Waldburg zu Wolfgegg und Waldsee
Anna-Stina Ferner, nee Slattum Karlsen
Vicky Magnusson, nee Andren

Weddings:

Sheikha Maryam bint Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum & Sheikh Khaled bin Mohammed bin Hamdan Al Nahyan - soon after Ramadan
Prince Peter Lobkowicz & Countess Helena von Khevenhüller-Metsch - May
Baron Harold Bonaert & Countess Sibylle de Lannoy - May
Thomas Kingston & Lady Gabriella Windsor - May
Matthew Kumar & Princess Theodora of Greece - June
Louis Ducruet & Marie Chevallier - July
Prince Otto zu Castell-Rüdenhausen & Sofia Mautner von Markhof - July
Count Josef of Stolberg-Stolberg & Baroness Maria della Neve von Freyberg-Eisenberg - on 11 May.
Jan Stahl & Princess Stephanie of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (religious) - July
Prince Casimir zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn & Alana Bunte - June
Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma & Archduchess Gabriella of Austria - August
Burkhard Keese & Princess Isabelle "Minzi" zu Hohenlohe-Jagstberg (religious) - February

Who will get engaged?
Prince Constantin of Nassau (with mother of his son)
Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis
Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este
Prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este
Princess Maria-Annunziata of Liechtenstein
Princess Olympia von Arco-Zinneberg
Jazmin Grimaldi
Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoleon
Princess Rayiah bint Hussein of Jordan
Princess Angelika Tupou of Tonga
Moulay Idris Filali of Morocco
Moulay Yazid Bouchentouf of Morocco
Princess Tsuguko Takamado of Japan
Princess Azeemah of Brunei
Sirikitiya Jensen
Nicolas Guillermo
Haakon Lorentzen

British Royal Family
*A boy for the Sussexes in early to mid March.
*A serious relationship for Beatrice but no engagement until 2020.
*A fourth and last pregnancy announcement for the Cambridges in the fall with a girl to follow in the summer of 2020.
*A pregnancy announcement from Eugenie.
*A bit more public engagements from Louise, probably alongside her mother.
*A late winter pregnancy announcement from Lady Gabriella.
*I won't completely rule out a late in the year pregnancy announcement from the Tindalls because I'm not completely convinced they're done.
*I don't think we'll see any slow down in the rough press about the Sussexes and their/her relationships with the rest of the family.
*I wouldn't be surprised to see some rumblings about marital discord for either Peter/Autumn, Zara/Mike, or Harry/Meghan but I don't think there's any truth to them.
*I certainly think we'll see a 60th birthday party for Fergie and loads of speculative press surrounding the relationship between she and Andrew, who attended the party and what that means, etc.
*Definitely an increase in preparations for the future, acclimating the public to the change-over in reign, etc. in preparation for what's eventually going to come.
*I'm hoping we see the Duke of Edinburgh remain fairly healthy all year but I do think we'll continue to see and hear less and less of/from him than we already do as he fully completes his transition to retirement.

Swedish Royal Family
*A late in the year pregnancy announcement from Madeleine and Chris. Another boy in late summer 2020. I think this will be their last.
*A summer pregnancy announcement from CP and Sofia. Another boy in December 2019/January 2020. Still thinking they might go for four total.
*We'll continue to see Estelle at official engagements.
*I think we'll see lots of rumors and rough press about Madeleine and Chris and their living arrangements.
*We might see an official statement from the Court later in the year regarding the future plans of Madeleine/Chris and the children's titles, place in line, etc.

Danish Royal Family
*I think we'll see more of Christian and Isabella at official functions.
*Maybe rumors of marriage trouble with Joachim and Marie.
*No abdication but a stepping up of duties for Fred and Mary.

Dutch Royal Family
*We'll see a definite increase in exposure for Catharina Amalia at official functions and duties.
*I'm thinking we might see WA and Maxima on a very high profile tour somewhere, though I really couldn't say where, and might see CA accompany them.

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Christopher O'Neill will have a fourth child: perhaps a son.

I don't think Zara Tindall will have another child before 2020 as that is an Olympics year and she will still want to try to qualify for the British team if she has a horse that is good enough - so a lot of training and competing in 2019 to attempt to quality so no baby announcement until after the Olympics in 2020 for her - if she is even thinking about a third and I am not sold on that idea.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a fourth baby for Kate and William.

Eugenie and Jack I think will wait a year or two more before having a baby.

I don't see an engagement for Beatrice in 2019 - to Edo or anyone else.

I doubt strongly that Zara will have third child. And not sure even if Cambridges will have fourth child.

But I am pretty sure that there will be big scandal in British royal family in 2019.

I doubt strongly that Zara will have third child. And not sure even if Cambridges will have fourth child.

But I am pretty sure that there will be big scandal in British royal family in 2019.

Do you have any views on what the "big scandal in British royal family" might be?

Belgium
Its revealed Albert is Delphine Boel's father, he and Albert leave Belgium for good
Big (but private) 18th party for Elisabeth
Denmark
M&F step up their duties
Daisy makes it clear, again, that she won't abdicate
Luxembourg
Tessy continues her madness but her and Louis are officially divorced and she looses her title but tries to continue to use it on social media
Would love a pregnancy announcement for Gui & Steph
Norway
Mette Marie is seen less as she seeks care for her health problems
New boyfriend for Martha Louise
Netherlands
Mabel has a boyfriend
More wearings of the Stuart tiara
Sweden
New pregnancy for Sofia and CP
UK
Charles does more with and for the Queen
More speculation about Meghan and Kate friendship as they look after their children so differently the media use this to add fuel to the "feud"
William & Kate step up their duties
Baby boy for Harry and Meghan

Lady Gabriella Windsor, future Mrs. Thomas Kingston
Princess Theodora of Greece, future Mrs. Matthew Kumar

It would be Lady Gabriella Kingston and Princess Theodora, Mrs Matthew Kumar using British naming conventions.

Do you have any views on what the "big scandal in British royal family" might be?

One thing can be counted on. Even if there isn't a whisper of discord in the British royal family, there are those out there that will manufacture one with all the juicy tidbits. Get those pearls ready!! :D

It would be Lady Gabriella Kingston and Princess Theodora, Mrs Matthew Kumar using British naming conventions.

It's likely that the original post was attempting to name the husbands rather than use the real names of the women; it referred to most married women, even Jordanian ones, as "Mrs. husband's name".

As far as Britain goes, the naming convention seems flexible. Among the four princesses of the United Kingdom who maintained their royal status while married and whose husbands were titleless at least at the beginning of the marriage, two used "Mrs husband's name" (Anne and Alexandra) and two did not (Margaret and Eugenie).

Belgium
Its revealed Albert is Delphine Boel's father, he and Albert leave Belgium for good

Even now there does not appear to be much if any question among the public in Belgium as to Albert being Delphine's biological father.

Japan
Crown Princess Masako continues to improve and attends New Year's Greetings and New Year's Poetry Reading
Possible first solo event for Princess Aiko. 1st solo appearances seem to vary. Mako was 16 whereas Kako was 20, after coming-of-age.
Princess Kako attends her first garden party (well, the garden party following enthronement as regular garden parties are cancelled in 2019)
Princess Hisako finds her daughter Princess Tsuguko a husband. Possible engagement announcement in late 2019 but no wedding until 2020. Like sisters, Tsuguko will use the same team of dress designer, hairstylist, and florist and wear grandmother Princess Yuriko's robes.

Apt and informed predictions! :flowers:
It is probably safe to predict more political bickering between nationalists and anti-nationalists attempting to influence the abdication ceremonies in conformity with their views.

Luxembourg

Japan

I'm hoping you are correct about Masako and a first solo event for Aiko--it certainly looks as though she is being groomed for this.

I'm a little skeptical about Hisako's success finding Tsuguko a husband, since I suspect she's been trying for quite a while. Tsuguko is obviously a hard nut to crack! But I hope you're right on this one, too.

It is probably safe to predict more political bickering between nationalists and anti-nationalists attempting to influence the abdication ceremonies in conformity with their views.

Oh, I think this is probably the safest prediction on this thread!

Here are my predictions:

Grand Duke George finds someone and gets engaged.
Prince Philippos of Greece gets engaged.
Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg have a child, their only one.
Felix and Claire will likely have a third child.
Madeline and Chris O'Neil will have a fourth child - a boy, their last.
Carl Philip and Sofia will also have a boy, also their last.
Harry and Meghan will have a daughter and she will become pregnant again rather quickly.

Belgium
- A 18th birthday party for Elisabeth. Some foreign royals will attend.
- Even though she doesn't have a chance to wear it yet, Elisabeth receives a tiara from the Belgian nobility.
- The younger kids will have more public appearances with their parents
- Mathilde wears the Spanish gift tiara as a necklace or a brooch (can it be worn as a brooch?). She still doesn't wear it as a tiara but we can know that it now belongs to her.

Luxembourg
- In autumn Guillaume and Stephanie announces they are expecting their first child (and it is a girl).
- Tessy loses her title. But she keeps using it. Finally the GD family does something to prevent her to do so.

Monaco
- Charlene wear her tiara again. Hopefully.

the Netherlands
- Catharina-Amalia undertakes some official engagements.

Norway
- A confirmation for Ingrid Alexandra, just like her father and aunt. All her godparents are present (unlike her christening). Marius is here too. Mette-Marit wears Q Maud's diamond and Sonja wears Q Josephine's diamond for this occasion.
- Ingrid Alexandra continues doing engagements with her parents/grandparents.
- Martha Louise attends banquets again.
- Everyone (special Harald, Mette-Marit and Astrid) stays healthy.

Spain
- Leonor continues doing engagements with her parents.

Sweden
- Victoria and Daniel announces third pregnancy in summer/autumn (and is a girl).
- CP and sofia announces pregnancy in winter again (boy again).

UK
- Philip may go to hospital several times but he is still very fine.
- Cambridges announces pregnancy in winter too (and boy again).
- Sussexs have a girl. She has her grandmothers' middle names as her middle names (Frances and Loyce). Zara is one of her grandmothers.
- Anne will welcome her fifth grandkid, and it is a girl again (I love Anne's granddaughters squad ?).
- Eugenie and Jack won't announce pregnancy in 2019 but they announce it in the beginning of 2020.

Other
- State visit from Belgium to UK. Elisabeth participates some minor parts if it occurs after her birthday.
- State visit(s) between the Scandinavian.
- Theodora and Matthew has their wedding in US. They mainly invite close relatives and friends, not so many royal guests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom