What Royals Want Non-Royals To Know?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom

Nobility
City
Miami
Country
United States
What do you think Royals want nonroyals to know, understand, & appreciate about them & their lives?

What an excellent question!

I think royals want us to know the following:

- sometimes, they're fed up with "duty" and would like to call "in sick" for a few days! They get tired of shaking hands and being nice to strangers.

- they have bad hair days just like us, but it's a little more difficult because proof of a bad hair day is captured in photos that never disappear.

- they don't like ALL of their relatives!

- they would like to sometimes trade with us as much as we'd like to trade with them

- they would like us to pay as much attention to what they think and the causes they support as we do to what they wear

- they secretly read this forum! (and are a little hurt when we make negative comments about them!)

those are my thoughts, for what they're worth!!!

Eliza

And one more thing-

They are tired of rumours that they are pregnant!

Eliza

Thank you Azile1710 for your insightful input. :)

They may want us to understand that they did not choose to be born into royalty therefore they may not want to live their entire lives with an occupation that they may despise. Any hopes and dreams that they may have had for the future are basically a no-go because of royal status (look at Sophie & Edward)
Restrictions on personal lives may become unbearable and press breathing down your back, waiting for your next slip up must be horrible.

All in all I do not admire

any of them can trade jobs with me any time. after making lunch & dinner and doing the dishes every day for the pass 1 or so can make u appreciate having days of shaking peoples hands. and i almost forget cleaning..yeah....lots of fun....i only do it cause i'm scared of germs & spiders and i have dogs that like to have accidents.:(

that they want a privite life but still surve thir country on official dutoes

to want people to understand that not all photos can be evidence of what their personalities are like. For example, if they are feeling exhausted and isnt smiling much, doesnt mean they are cold and snobbish. Just an example. So basically, not to judge them based on photos, especially knee-jerk sudden pics.

Last edited:
That they are human and make mistakes.

They may not always want to conform to tradition.
Like when they have to name their son: What if they want John as a first name? However John may not have been used in many generations. Does this mean they cannot use John?

That they are not celebrities - the work they do is for life

That they undertake some tasks at the request (read "order") of their governments that they dont always agree with

They need some time to themselves

Representing the country and the patronages are the priority - this is trivialised by emphasis on clothes/hair etc.

That the events they undertake are only part of the job

I don't know what royals would want to convey as i'm not royal, but as a non-royal what i think non-royals in general do not understand about royals:

You can't compare royals from one monarchy to another; there are differences in all areas like tradition, culture, familyvalues and -habits, jobdescription, workload, finances, and last but not least in how the royals view themselves...

They are human like everyone else.

They have their ups and downs in life and their relationships.

They have bad hair days, days they don't want to get out of bed and smile when they don't feel like it.

They don't always like their job and some days wished that they weren't royal.

To the press: Be careful how you approach my children ...if you scare, yell or push a camera at them for your money shot their will be consequences.

to want people to understand that not all photos can be evidence of what their personalities are like. For example, if they are feeling exhausted and isnt smiling much, doesnt mean they are cold and snobbish. Just an example. So basically, not to judge them based on photos, especially knee-jerk sudden pics.

A picture may be worth a thousand words but they can still lie. I think it was Crown princess Mary of Denmark who said that one of the things she found annoying was that you could be at an event, blink and a photo of you with your eyes closed is used to tell that you were bored with the event.
Also something that a lot of people don't understand is that with diplomacy there is a certain protocol that you must follow. If a Head of State, who is your ally, dies, then you put the flags down to half mast and attend a funeral, regardless of what people might think about the person who died.

That they do read letters. Ones they can. I guess that and also hope they get screened for things and get swabbed for pathogens before they reach the desk. I guess some have to be photographed to be sent to the Royal Family. I guess they recycle the paper to make sticky notes. That the ones they get, actually help them too, they feel like regular people too and like correspondence. I didn't know they liked interaction, didn't know they actually cared, but then I saw a film that shows they do read some. I guess they'd want us to quit thinking like they don't care don't know who we are anyway on some sites too. However hard that last one is to sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom