Unmarried, Single & Eligible Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry but this isn’t the engagement thread. The member(s)of the princely family that were mentioned were the sons of Alois of Liechtenstein. But yes, the father of Johan Wenzel, Prince Gundakar has a second son who isn’t engaged or married.

Yes, I know this isn't the engagement thread. You don't need to point that out.

I obviously got Johann-Wenzel and Joseph-Wenzel mixed up.

Last edited:
Prince Charles-Henri de Lobkowicz comes to mind. Son of Prince Françoise de Bourbon de Parme and full cousin to the Duke of Parma. Prince Charles-Henri owns Château de Fourchaud, Château du Vieux-Bostz, Château du Nouveau-Bostz, and Château de Rochefort and surrounding domains plus is the most likely heir to the Manoir d'Ujezd in Goderville, and to the Château de Lignières.

Once one of the most eligible rich aristocrats around, at the age of 58 he still is unmarried: https://www.pointdevue.fr//storage/images/article_900/2020/04/_jp27736.jpg

In front of the Château du Vieux-Bostz:
https://img.lamontagne.fr/hNNcXRriC...y8vMDAvMDAvMDMvNzUvNTgvMjAwMDAwMzc1NTg2MA.jpg

Aerial:
https://cms.eventail.be/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/chateau-lobko-Chateau_du_Vieux_Bostz.jpg

In front of the Château de Fourchaud:
https://gentlemansreview.hu/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/charles-henri-de-lobkowicz-2.jpg

In the fields:
https://cms.eventail.be/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/chateau-lobko-Chteau-de-Fourchaud.jpg

In front of the Château du Nouveau-Bostz
https://gentlemansreview.hu/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/charles-henri-de-lobkowicz-3.jpg

By day:
https://cms.eventail.be/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/chateau-lobko.-Chteau-nouveau-du-Bostz.jpg

Château de Lignières (owned by his equally unmarried uncle Prince Sixte-henri de Bourbon de Parme)
https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/im...e717daa106b8e52d/version/1378642090/image.jpg

Last edited:
In german nobility one of the most eligible bachelors would be Duke Wilhelm of Württemberg, who is since the death of his grandfather the Head of the House.
Others would include the new Hereditary prince Leopold of Baden, Fürst Albert of Thurn and Taxis, Hereditary Prince Heinrich Donatus zu Schaumburg-Lippe to name a few

Prince William of Lobkowicz (1994) son of Prince William of Lobkowicz (1961) who owns 4 important palaces in the Czech Republic.

Makes one wonder if they are gay or waiting for Miss de Right. Will end up in a marriage of convenience with love or without any feelings, safe for status?
I'd love read their stories, something that makes their live worth it for me, but they are so private, I guess I won't get a chance-
The eldest son of viscount Chelsea (Earl of Cadogans heir) is married however but he has one more son.

In german nobility one of the most eligible bachelors would be Duke Wilhelm of Württemberg, who is since the death of his grandfather the Head of the House.
Others would include the new Hereditary prince Leopold of Baden, Fürst Albert of Thurn and Taxis, Hereditary Prince Heinrich Donatus zu Schaumburg-Lippe to name a few
Is Heinrich Donatus still dating the Chinese lady he's been together with for years?

Another eligible is Prince Georg of Liechtenstein

The 16-year old Anna Silfverschiöld is the only child of Baron Carl Silfverschiöld and granddaughter of Princess Desirée of Sweden. As such she's the probable heir to the two castles of Koberg and Gåsevadeholm and extensive estates in Sweden and Latvia.
When her grandfather, Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, died in 2017 it was revealed that he had disinherited his two daughters, Héléne Silfverschiöld and Baroness Christina De Geer af Finspång, but also that they would be compensated in his wife's will. Since his death meant the dissolution of the old family entail there were certain conditions that had to be met when dividing the entailed properties which his and his wife's arrangement bypassed with the approval of their children. Furthermore the will stated that also his personal fortune went to his son and that should his son have sons it was his wish that the elder of them should inherit the family estate.

Edit: I didn't realise that this thread was specifically about most eligible men, but why not shake it up a little and add some eligible ladies as well.

Last edited:
The 16-year old Anna Silfverschiöld is the only child of Baron Carl Silfverschiöld and granddaughter of Princess Desirée of Sweden. As such she's the probable heir to the two castles of Koberg and Gåsevadeholm and extensive estates in Sweden and Latvia.
When her grandfather, Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, died in 2017 it was revealed that he had disinherited his two daughters, Héléne Silfverschiöld and Baroness Christina De Geer af Finspång, but also that they would be compensated in his wife's will. Since his death meant the dissolution of the old family entail there were certain conditions that had to be met when dividing the entailed properties which his and his wife's arrangement bypassed with the approval of their children. Furthermore the will stated that also his personal fortune went to his son and that should his son have sons it was his wish that the elder of them should inherit the family estate.

Very interesting. Would you happen to know of any websites which have information on the regulations applying to entails and former entails?

From your post, I take it that gender discriminatory wills remain valid in Sweden. Would a Berleburg-style will discriminating on the basis of noble ancestry also be valid?

Edit: I didn't realise that this thread was specifically about most eligible men, but why not shake it up a little and add some eligible ladies as well.

While the thread starter asks about eligible princes, seeing as the thread has gone on for so long and its name has been changed to "[...] royals", discussing eligible women (and royal men who are not princes) seems reasonable.

Last edited:

So Carl is the son of the deceased Nicolas and he has inherited the castles? Can you explain what dissolution of the old family entail means?

Of the European monarchies the following persons are apparently unmarried:

Luxembourg:
Prince Louis
prince sebastien

Spain:
Felipe de Marichalar
Victoria de Marichalar
Juan Urdangarin

Monaco:
Camille Gottlieb

Liechtenstein:
There is little information about the members of this family, but some of Prince Alois' children must be unmarried.
Other princes and princesses too.

UK:
Lady Louise Windsor

Very interesting. Would you happen to know of any websites which have information on the regulations applying to entails and former entails?

From your post, I take it that gender discriminatory wills remain valid in Sweden. Would a Berleburg-style will discriminating on the basis of noble ancestry also be valid?
I had a feeling that the subject would be of interest to you. I'll try and find some links tonight.

The part about Niclas wanting an eventual grandson to inherit the estates puzzles me. There is to my knowledge no provision in Swedish law that allows for a son to inherit over his sister so his wish would, again to my knowledge, be under the condition that other heirs are either given their legal share from other funds or if they have relinquished their share. There is also no provision in Swedish law to disinherit any of your descendants from getting their minimum share of the inheritance, but they can voluntarily relinquish their inheritance. This is what seems to have happened with Niclas's daughters. So, to me, his wish seems to be more aimed to his family than having any legal validity.
So Carl is the son of the deceased Nicolas and he has inherited the castles? Can you explain what dissolution of the old family entail means?

Yes, Carl is the son of Niclas and Desirée.
Generally when an entail is dissolved the one who would have been the next holder of the entail gets half of the estate and then shares the other half equally with the other heirs or in accordance with the last holders will (this last provision makes me wonder if there are any special provisions to skip over would-be heirs after all). There is also a possibility to turn the entail into an "entail incorporated company" or apply to the government to have the entail extended for another generation.

Last edited:
Princess Alexia of the Netherlands

According to a Dutch royal website, princess Alexia of the Netherlands is keeping in touch with prince Christian of Denmark through their mobile phones. I was surprised, say no more, Iam just thinking about it, that's all.

If she knew precisely what the original poster meant, she would not have asked.
Excuse you but I’ve answered the query. Thank you very much. They answered by saying “you mean rich” in the context of eligible.

Last edited:

Luxembourg:
Prince Louis
prince sebastien

Spain:
Felipe de Marichalar
Victoria de Marichalar
Juan Urdangarin

Monaco:
Camille Gottlieb

Liechtenstein:
There is little information about the members of this family, but some of Prince Alois' children must be unmarried.

UK:
Lady Louise Windsor
Umm the people you listed in Spain aren’t royal. Camille Gottlieb isn’t royal either. None of Prince Alois’s children are married.

According to a Dutch royal website, princess Alexia of the Netherlands is keeping in touch with prince Christian of Denmark through their mobile phones. I was surprised, say no more, Iam just thinking about it, that's all.

It would be, strangely enough, in all these centuries, only the first time for a direct alliance between the House of Denmark and the House of Orange-Nassau. (Correct me if I am wrong). The most consistent Danish-Dutch rumour was a possible match between Prince Knud, later Dansk Arveprins and Princess Juliana, later Queen of the Netherlands.

As known Prince Knud married his cousin Princess Caroline-Mathilde of Denmark. Ingolf, Greve af Rosenborg, is their still living child. And of course Princess Juliana married Bernhard Prinz zur Lippe-Biesterfeld. The Princesses Beatrix, Irene and Margriet are their still living children.

I can not imagine Princess Alexia of the Netherlands to marry Prince Christian of Denmark but certainly it would be an amazing match!

Picture of Princess Alexia: https://images0.persgroep.net/rcs/R...=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&quality=0.8

Last edited:

Several years ago there was a tiktok starring both Christiand and Alexia, so I am not surprised they are still in touch. They seemed to get along well and in their positions it is great to have friends that understand your life because they are in comparable positions.

Several years ago there was a tiktok starring both Christiand and Alexia, so I am not surprised they are still in touch. They seemed to get along well and in their positions it is great to have friends that understand your life because they are in comparable positions.
Isabella was also in it.

His mother is a Princess, so he has a Princely blood in his veins. (half-Prince)
But in Liechtenstein women don’t pass on Princely titles so he’s not a Prince. And “half prince” isn’t a thing. You are either a Prince or you aren’t.

Luxembourg:
Prince Louis
prince sebastien

Spain:
Felipe de Marichalar
Victoria de Marichalar
Juan Urdangarin

Monaco:
Camille Gottlieb

Liechtenstein:

UK:
Lady Louise Windsor

In Monaco we also have
Pauline
Alexandra

I am still waiting for the Thurn and Taxis oldest children to get married
Elisabeth who his 40
Albert , who is almost 40

What about Princess Astrid's children:
Joachim , 30 or so and his younger sister Marie Luisa, 26 and the youngest one Letitia

In Monaco we also have
Pauline
Alexandra

I am still waiting for the Thurn and Taxis oldest children to get married
Elisabeth who his 40
Albert , who is almost 40

What about Princess Astrid's children:
Joachim , 30 or so and his younger sister Marie Luisa, 26 and the youngest one Letitia
Pauline and Alexandra in Monaco aren’t royal. But I’m sure they will marry. This my assumption but I don’t think Elizabeth of Thurn und Taxis will marry at this point. Albert will probably marry fairly soon and he has a bit of time.

Princess Astrids children, all three are eligible. Marie Luisa is I think dating one of the Auersperg Princes currently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom