The Most Ideal Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yvr girl

Nobility
Love the Windsor's but, let's face it - they don't seem to be the most functional family. Which royal family seems the closest and most normal to you? If you could have been born into one of the families, which would you choose?

Hi!

I think the Royal Family of Sweden is the most ideal family. They don't seem to be dysfunctional. I've seen a lot of pictures of the them and they seem to be a close knit family. :flower:

Margrethe and Henrik seem to have done a bang-up job, turning out two seemingly well-adjusted, positive-seeming, bright young men (who are also both happily married, it would appear.) The Danes always did seem pretty humble and ordinary re: their monarchal position, not spoiled and whiny. The Spanish royals seem fairly non-dysfunctional, too. Don't think I would want to be part of either the UK or Monegasque families, though-there seems to be a lot of tension and stress in both the Windsors and the Grimaldis. :woot:

The Spanish royal family and the Greek royal family both seem like really nice families. The children seem close to their parents. Now that they are adults, they seem to be living positive lives.

It's odd, both kings are said to have had affairs. I wonder how this impacted on their family life. It doesn't seem to have caused any rifts with the children at least. I wonder what the current state of the royal marriages is?

Do you think that Felipe, Pavlos, Nikolaos and Philippos will carry on like their fathers did?

Originally posted by Jackswife@Jun 17th, 2004 - 7:54 pm
Margrethe and Henrik seem to have done a bang-up job, turning out two seemingly well-adjusted, positive-seeming, bright young men (who are also both happily married, it would appear.) The Danes always did seem pretty humble and ordinary re: their monarchal position, not spoiled and whiny. The Spanish royals seem fairly non-dysfunctional, too. Don't think I would want to be part of either the UK or Monegasque families, though-there seems to be a lot of tension and stress in both the Windsors and the Grimaldis.  :woot:
I really appreciate Queen Margrethe and prince Henrik-their love for details, their interest for art, literature, their still impassionate seeming relationship to each other...and I admire their sons, who have picked such classy women, and who (Joachim) have the cutest boys I´ve ever seen.
But thinking of Henrik´s educational methods I can hardly say that the upbringing of Frederik and Joachim was ideal or idyllic! And I would never say, that the fact, that both princes are respectable, nice human beings is a result of this education!

I think on the whole I can´t answer the question of this thread/poll. In my daily life I´ve seen so many families, which seemed to be so harmonious to the outside, but then I often found out by accident, that they have their dirty little secrets as well.
So why should it be different with Royal families. I don´t say, that all the harmonious seeming Royal families are worse than the RF, which are obviously in trouble, but IMO there´s a chance that it´s this way!

well it's pretty hard to be a functional 'proper' family being constantly in the eyes of the public but if i had to choose the most 'ideal' family i would choose the Monaco royals....why??? because i'm biased and i always favour them...hahah so they aren't exactly functional but all the controversy does make it a rather interesting family ^___^

The Norwegian Royal Family : modern, down-to-earth, open-minded and ... a real fairy-tale Royal Family !! I love them all !

i really like British Royal Family rules the Queen!

Sara Boyce

It is a tie b/t the Monegasque RF and the British RF. The MRF are really ideal in that you have the bachelor, nice, caring big brother. The sis who is always getting into trouble, and the sis that everyone loves and wants to be like. With the BRF I like the tradiotion and I don't mean to be biased, but I think the BRF is the best RF. Everyone knows about them and I absolutely luuuvvv the traditions that are instilled. One RF I would hate being in is that of the Greek RF. It is kind of sad cuz they have to play the part of being a RF, when it is a struggle on many levels

I think the extended Danish Royal Family which includes the Berleburgs and the Greek Royal Family. They seem to be the most normal family there is, esp. the Berleburgs which are my personal favorites. I love them. As I stated on another board, the Berleburg children should be Prince/Princess' of Denmark whether they are in line to the Danish Throne or not. My next favorite is the Royal Family of Belgium, then the Netherlands, then Sweden and Norway.

I have to correct my above posting. Stil the extended Danish Royal Family, then the Royal Family of Belgium, The Netherlands and Spain are tied for 3rd place then Sweden, and last Norway.

Ilike the British Royal Family and The Queen most.They are the ideal family.

luxembourg rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The royal families I think are ideal are that of Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway, and Sweden:) Their not very scandalous lol they just have a good reputation... The royals of Belgium, and the Netherlands I respect as well.

princessvalondra said:
The royal families I think are ideal are that of Denmark [...] :) Their not very scandalous lol
:confused:

I do believe the Spanish Royal Family is the most discreet and down-to-earth of all. I appreciate very much the way they face the job with such professionalism and commitment and how they avoid scandals and most ostentatious signs.

The Spanish Royal Family is the best of all for the proximity to the town, for its human quality and unique charisma of all the members.

It may not be a perfect family, but I like the British.

Stefano

I would have to say that for me the best and most adjusted of the Royal Families seems to be that of the Netherlands; followed closely by the Swedish...tho' there I fear some marital misadventures.

I think the Netherlands, Spanish,Sweden Belgium, and Norwegian Royals because IMO they all seem kind, down to earth, and accessible yet are professional and hard working.

Last edited:
The spanish royal family , i find them modest , simple ...:) down to earth

Elsa M. said:
I do believe the Spanish Royal Family is the most discreet and down-to-earth of all. I appreciate very much the way they face the job with such professionalism and commitment and how they avoid scandals and most ostentatious signs.

Yes, for me the Spanish royal family too because of the same reasons...

i believe luxembourg is a great family. they are close and hang strong. they stand by eachothers' sides and work as a family. they support every member and love eachother unconditionally. they leave england in the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom