Single Princesses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark has never married. Monaco's Charlotte Cashiragi (Princess .Caroline's elder daughter) and 1st cousin, Pauline Ducruet (P. Stephanie's daughter) are also single

^ The trouble is that many of the eligible princesses of around Harry's age or a bit younger are from devoutly Roman Catholic families. That would include, I guess, those from some defunct German Houses. While Roman Catholicism is no longer a bar in Britain as far as the succession etc is concerned, so that prejudice has been removed, would these girls or their families want a marriage to a Protestant Prince?

^ The trouble is that many of the eligible princesses of around Harry's age or a bit younger are from devoutly Roman Catholic families. That would include, I guess, those from some defunct German Houses. While Roman Catholicism is no longer a bar in Britain as far as the succession etc is concerned, so that prejudice has been removed, would these girls or their families want a marriage to a Protestant Prince?
When it came to Maxima Zorreguieta there was no problem at all, and she became Queen of the Netherlands.

Why on earth would anyone care if Prince Harry married a Roman Catholic?

Has that part been changed that where Harry would be allowed to marry a Catholic without having to give up his place in the line of succession?

LaRae

It's a slim chance that Harry marries a foreign princess anyways.

Yes, you no longer lose your place if you marry a Catholic.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's also a slim chance that Harry becomes King (William has already a heir and a sparess).

Didn't realize we were using a blog to decide single princesses. Netty' Royal page states she includes princesses (or their descendants) who 15 years old or older. If Pauline Ducruet is included, her sister, Camille Gottlieb (17) and cousin Alexandra von Hanover (16) should be included. Charlotte Casiraghi is single by choice, positive should could have married a few times over by now. Raphael is considered illegitimate because his parents are not married, but she is not considered "single" because she lives with Gad. Huh???? Not really that important though, just wanted to point out the irony in that situation. Obviously this topic is only about single, young, pretty princesses. So that leaves out Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, QMII 1st cousin, and Queen Sofia's sister, Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark, out of this topic be a use they too old and ugly to even mention. Wow, how sad that people decide who is pretty enough to be included and who not.

My point was that devoutly Roman Catholic families might not want their daughters to marry a Protestant. I wasn't looking at it from the BRF's perspective.

I don't think so much that the princesses you mentioned are 'old and ugly', notHRH, (and after all Harry might end up marrying an older woman) but simply that judging by what we know of Harry he is likely to want a family. Therefore, sadly, those beyond childbearing years aren't being suggested, for this prince at least.

[...] Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, QMII 1st cousin, and Queen Sofia's sister, Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark, out of this topic be a use they too old and ugly to even mention. Wow, how sad that people decide who is pretty enough to be included and who not.

To be fair, we may assume that it is most unlikely Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark, Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands, Princess Irene of the Netherlands, Princess Christina of the Netherlands, the Infanta Doña Elena of Spain, Princess Marie-Thérèse de Bourbon de Parme, Princess Cécile-Marie de Bourbon de Parme, Princess Marie-des-Neiges de Bourbon de Parme, Princess Blanche d'Orléans, Princess Cornelie-Cécile of Prussia, etc. etc. etc. will ever (re)marry. So they are singe ladies indeed but everyone knows what is meant with that term in this framework: young "marriage-able" ladies.

Didn't realize we were using a blog to decide single princesses. Netty' Royal page states she includes princesses (or their descendants) who 15 years old or older. If Pauline Ducruet is included, her sister, Camille Gottlieb (17) and cousin Alexandra von Hanover (16) should be included. Charlotte Casiraghi is single by choice, positive should could have married a few times over by now. Raphael is considered illegitimate because his parents are not married, but she is not considered "single" because she lives with Gad. Huh???? Not really that important though, just wanted to point out the irony in that situation. Obviously this topic is only about single, young, pretty princesses. So that leaves out Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, QMII 1st cousin, and Queen Sofia's sister, Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark, out of this topic be a use they too old and ugly to even mention. Wow, how sad that people decide who is pretty enough to be included and who not.

Well, Elisabeth of Denmark and Irene of Greece did not live that single.
Elisabeth lived more that twenty years with Claus Hermansen till his death in 1997
Irene of Greece had a long relationship with a married Greek, till he died.

Last edited:
Charlotte Casiraghi in fact has already set a family.

She is not on the Netty Leistra's list of single Princesses:
Netty Royal

Miss Casiraghi is not single? Really???? Quite the opposite - she is single because she has chosen to remain single.

When a child arrives the relationship of his/her parents is not already "on a test"; a vows usually made at the altar/registry office should be applied.

When a child arrives the relationship of his/her parents is not already "on a test"; a vows usually made at the altar/registry office should be applied.

I agree, most people today do not agree. Just because a woman has a child with a man and they are still together and choose not to marry - well means just that. Maybe neither wants to be married for whatever reason. I am taking it too seriously, and understand your point, but you are also deciding their relationship and their vows toward each other. Actions speak louder than words.

To be fair, we may assume that it is most unlikely Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark, Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands, Princess Irene of the Netherlands, Princess Christina of the Netherlands, the Infanta Doña Elena of Spain, Princess Marie-Thérèse de Bourbon de Parme, Princess Cécile-Marie de Bourbon de Parme, Princess Marie-des-Neiges de Bourbon de Parme, Princess Blanche d'Orléans, Princess Cornelie-Cécile of Prussia, etc. etc. etc. will ever (re)marry. So they are singe ladies indeed but everyone knows what is meant with that term in this framework: young "marriage-able" ladies.

Well Princess Elisabeth and Princess Irene (of g&d) have never been married. Did not include the others because they have all married before.

This topic should be titled "Available, Single Princesses" instead of Single Princesses. As I read through the posts, this is what is being discussed. My bad, but the topic title should be more specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did this thread, which originally was in general about "single princesses" i.o.w. not married, engaged or in a committed relationship, suddenly turn into a list that can only include good-looking princesses and not "ugly" ones?

Reactions: eya
Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil, 26 years old.

https://www.facebook.com/CausaImper...0092569363150/908316635874069/?type=3&theater

She's an advertasing professional, living and working in Brussels. Fifth in the line of succesion to the defunct Brazilian Throne.

Princess Alix of Ligne, 31 years old. Still unmarried, but in a serious relationship with Count Guillaume de Dampierre.

https://www.facebook.com/CausaImper...0092569363150/901756866530046/?type=3&theater

She's a jewelry designer, living in Rio de Janeiro and working for H.Stern. Ninth in the line of succesion to the defunct Brazilian Throne.

Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil, 26 years old.

https://www.facebook.com/CausaImper...0092569363150/908316635874069/?type=3&theater

She's an advertasing professional, living and working in Brussels. Fifth in the line of succesion to the defunct Brazilian Throne.

Princess Alix of Ligne, 31 years old. Still unmarried, but in a serious relationship with Count Guillaume de Dampierre.

https://www.facebook.com/CausaImper...0092569363150/901756866530046/?type=3&theater

She's a jewelry designer, living in Rio de Janeiro and working for H.Stern. Ninth in the line of succesion to the defunct Brazilian Throne.

Really???? "Princess of Brazil" - there has not been a Brazilian royal family since the 1850's. Wealthy socialites of royal descent - they are NOT princesses nor are they daughters of any king, queen, prince/princess. There is no reason for them to be included in this topic. Ex-royalty of Europe have a set of rules concerning their retention of their titles, but Brazil is located on the South American continent. These people that still consider themselves the royal family are in extreme denial of their fate. Now a real princess of a European country (Monaco) is not included here - Jazmin Grace Grimaldi. She is not legitimate, but not by any fault of her own. So if P Stephanie's daughter Camille is included in this group, there is no reason to not include her 1st cousin Jazmin.

How did this thread, which originally was in general about "single princesses" i.o.w. not married, engaged or in a committed relationship, suddenly turn into a list that can only include good-looking princesses and not "ugly" ones?

Exactly - old and/or ugly princesses over 15 yo will always be a marriageable age until the day they take their last breath. This entire topic should have more appropriately titled. The qualifications are altered accordingly to each princess, or pretend - princess, such as the princesses of Brazil, when it's been over 150 years since Brazil outlawed royalty of their country. So whomever is moderating this specific topic decides who's on the list and who is not and changes the rules accordingly. Not understanding why that is as this is in no way a serious subject, should have been just a lighthearted discussion.

Really???? "Princess of Brazil" - there has not been a Brazilian royal family since the 1850's. Wealthy socialites of royal descent - they are NOT princesses nor are they daughters of any king, queen, prince/princess. There is no reason for them to be included in this topic. Ex-royalty of Europe have a set of rules concerning their retention of their titles, but Brazil is located on the South American continent. These people that still consider themselves the royal family are in extreme denial of their fate. Now a real princess of a European country (Monaco) is not included here - Jazmin Grace Grimaldi. She is not legitimate, but not by any fault of her own. So if P Stephanie's daughter Camille is included in this group, there is no reason to not include her 1st cousin Jazmin.

There never was a Brazilian Royal family but there was a Brazilian Imperial family. The Imperial family is of the highest European descent possible, still intermarries with European Royal and noble families and are according to rules almost as old as Western civilisation itself definitely Royal by whatever standard you may choose to judge them by.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

There never was a Brazilian Royal family but there was a Brazilian Imperial family. The Imperial family is of the highest European descent possible, still intermarries with European Royal and noble families and are according to rules almost as old as Western civilisation itself definitely Royal by whatever standard you may choose to judge them by.

I stand corrected - there never was a Brazilian royal family, only a Brazilian imperial family. Technically the exact same thing - imperial or royal represent the same concept. Again they are of imperial/royal descent, so we agree on that fact. Matters not, Brazil does NOT have an imperial family according to Brazil. You post only proves my point that only the women included here are the ones whose qualifications are chiseled to fit into the topic category. This should only be a lightweight subject. From your post I believe you are a member of this no longer imperial family. Members of the Portuguese imperial family, a few of them went to Brazil to start the Brazilian imperial family. Two kings later, the family was ran out of Brazil - this was over 150 years ago - and they wanted their Portuguese titles back, but then Portugal did not want a royal family anymore either. Accept your fate in life, wealthy socialite of imperial descent, but no longer royal/imperial for a century and a half. A lightweight subject don't take it so seriously. Not very many people care anyway. It is what it is.

I stand corrected - there never was a Brazilian royal family, only a Brazilian imperial family. Technically the exact same thing - imperial or royal represent the same concept. Again they are of imperial/royal descent, so we agree on that fact. Matters not, Brazil does NOT have an imperial family according to Brazil. You post only proves my point that only the women included here are the ones whose qualifications are chiseled to fit into the topic category. This should only be a lightweight subject. From your post I believe you are a member of this no longer imperial family. Members of the Portuguese imperial family, a few of them went to Brazil to start the Brazilian imperial family. Two kings later, the family was ran out of Brazil - this was over 150 years ago - and they wanted their Portuguese titles back, but then Portugal did not want a royal family anymore either. Accept your fate in life, wealthy socialite of imperial descent, but no longer royal/imperial for a century and a half. A lightweight subject don't take it so seriously. Not very many people care anyway. It is what it is.

In the past days you clearly showed that you are only here to trolling and stir the pot. And it's not up to you to decide who can talked about in this thread. So stop with this nonsense.

And, please, get your facts straight and don't reinforce the stereotypes the rest of the world has about Americans. It's off-topic, but I feel I need to give you some History lessons.

First of all, Brazil was a part of Portugal from 1500 to 1815. But it wasn't a colony (even if many people uses this nomenclature), but a part of the Portuguese Kingdom, with Brazilian deputies at the Portuguese Parliament of the time, the Cortes.

In 1808, fleeing Napoléon, Queen Maria I, her son, the Prince Regent João, and the rest of Court came to Brazil, where they stayed until 1821. From that time period, Brazil was the capital of the vast Portuguese Empire, that reached Africa and Asia. The Prince Regent even considered stay in Brazil permanently, but the circumstances forced him to do otherwise.

In 1815, Brazil was elevated to the position of United Kingdom with Portugal and Algarve. In 1821, the now King João VI was forced to return to Portugal, but left his son and heir, Prince Pedro, as Regent of Brazil, and advised him to proclaim the Brazilian Independence as soon as possible, before any adventure.

And that was what happened: on 7 September 1822, Pedro declared Brazil was independent of Portugal. The next month, he was proclaimed Emperor of Brazil. In 1824, he and a group of jurists and politicians gave the country the best Constitution we ever had. A Constitutional Monarchy was stablished, with the Emperor, with his Moderator Power, as the arbiter of the three other Powers: Executive, Legislative and Judiciary.

In 1831, Emperor Pedro I abdicate in favor of his five years old son (the mother was Archduchess Leopoldina of Austria, daughter of the last Holy Roman Emperor), who become Emperor Pedro II. Pedro I then went to Portugal to fight a war against his younger brother, the usurper King Miguel, in order to restore democracy in Portugal and put his elder daughter, Queen Maria II, back in the Portuguese throne.

From 1831 to 1840, Brazil was ruled by a Regency of politicians, as the Emperor still a minor, but that proved disastrous, with revolts all over the country. The solution was found in 1840, whe the Emperor, age 14, was declared of age and started his personal reign.

The reign of Emperor Pedro II is regarded as the Brazilian Golden Age, with social and technological avances. The Emperor, his wife (born Princess Teresa Cristina of the Two Sicilies, and pre-Italian Unification country) and the rest of the Imperial Family were beloved by the population.

Republic was established in Brazil by means of coup d'état in 15 November 1889, when some members of the Army, supported by farms who were angry because the Princess Regent Isabel (daughter of the Emperor) and with slavery the previous year, banished the Imperial Family.

There was no popular support for the Republic. In fact, in the last general elections held during the Monarchy, less than five months before the coup, the Republican Party managed to elect only two deputies. There was revolt among the population, but the Army massacred them. From 1889 to 1988, Brazilians were constitutionally forbidden to public support Monarchy. The Imperial Family returned to Brazil in 1945 and still lives here. They never wanted Portugues titles, that's one of the many nonsenses you said.

The titles of members of the Brazilian Imperial Family are still recognized by the European Royal Houses (to which the Brazilian royals are closely related), by publications such as the Almanach de Gotha, by the Brazilian Republican Government, the Brazilian media and, most important, by the many supporters they have all over the country.

In short, you may not like to see a young woman being called Princess of Brazil, but it's your problem only.

Oh, and I teach History at a major Brazilian university. My specialization: 19th century Brazil, the time of the Monarchy. So I guess I have more authority than you on this matter.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
The titles of members of the Brazilian Imperial Family are still recognized by the European Royal Houses (to which the Brazilian royals are closely related), by publications such as the Almanach de Gotha, by the Brazilian Republican Government, the Brazilian media and, most important, by the many supporters they have all over the country.

When did the Brazilian republican government begin to recognize imperial titles?

When did the Brazilian republican government begin to recognize imperial titles?

Everytime a member of the Imperial Family is invited to attend a Government event, he or she is addressed by his/her title. It's a sort of recognition, albeit maybe not official.

Some years ago, when Prince Luiz, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, was interviewed by TV Câmara (the official channel of the Brazilian Legislative), he was addressed as Head of the Imperial House.

Dom Luiz de Orleans e Bragança (trineto de Dom Pedro II) - TV - Câmara Notícias - Portal da Câmara dos Deputados

And every year Prince Antonio and Princess Christine are invited to attend a solemn ceremony at Rio de Janeiro City Hall in memory of Princess Regent Isabel, where they are seated in places of high honor and also addressed by their titles.

Of course now we have a communist Government with many dictatorial tendencies and the Imperial Family fiercely opposes the President and her Party, so think may have changed.

Me a Royal? I can guarantee to you that I'm neither a Royal or a Brazilian. You'd only have to watch me try to dance to know at least the latter.

In the past days you clearly showed that you are only here to trolling and stir the pot. And it's not up to you to decide who can talked about in this thread. So stop with this nonsense.

And, please, get your facts straight and don't reinforce the stereotypes the rest of the world has about Americans. It's off-topic, but I feel I need to give you some History lessons.

First of all, Brazil was a part of Portugal from 1500 to 1815. But it wasn't a colony (even if many people uses this nomenclature), but a part of the Portuguese Kingdom, with Brazilian deputies at the Portuguese Parliament of the time, the Cortes.

In 1808, fleeing Napoléon, Queen Maria I, her son, the Prince Regent João, and the rest of Court came to Brazil, where they stayed until 1821. From that time period, Brazil was the capital of the vast Portuguese Empire, that reached Africa and Asia. The Prince Regent even considered stay in Brazil permanently, but the circumstances forced him to do otherwise.

In 1815, Brazil was elevated to the position of United Kingdom with Portugal and Algarve. In 1821, the now King João VI was forced to return to Portugal, but left his son and heir, Prince Pedro, as Regent of Brazil, and advised him to proclaim the Brazilian Independence as soon as possible, before any adventure.

And that was what happened: on 7 September 1822, Pedro declared Brazil was independent of Portugal. The next month, he was proclaimed Emperor of Brazil. In 1824, he and a group of jurists and politicians gave the country the best Constitution we ever had. A Constitutional Monarchy was stablished, with the Emperor, with his Moderator Power, as the arbiter of the three other Powers: Executive, Legislative and Judiciary.

In 1831, Emperor Pedro I abdicate in favor of his five years old son (the mother was Archduchess Leopoldina of Austria, daughter of the last Holy Roman Emperor), who become Emperor Pedro II. Pedro I then went to Portugal to fight a war against his younger brother, the usurper King Miguel, in order to restore democracy in Portugal and put his elder daughter, Queen Maria II, back in the Portuguese throne.

From 1831 to 1840, Brazil was ruled by a Regency of politicians, as the Emperor still a minor, but that proved disastrous, with revolts all over the country. The solution was found in 1840, whe the Emperor, age 14, was declared of age and started his personal reign.

The reign of Emperor Pedro II is regarded as the Brazilian Golden Age, with social and technological avances. The Emperor, his wife (born Princess Teresa Cristina of the Two Sicilies, and pre-Italian Unification country) and the rest of the Imperial Family were beloved by the population.

Republic was established in Brazil by means of coup d'état in 15 November 1889, when some members of the Army, supported by farms who were angry because the Princess Regent Isabel (daughter of the Emperor) and with slavery the previous year, banished the Imperial Family.

There was no popular support for the Republic. In fact, in the last general elections held during the Monarchy, less than five months before the coup, the Republican Party managed to elect only two deputies. There was revolt among the population, but the Army massacred them. From 1889 to 1988, Brazilians were constitutionally forbidden to public support Monarchy. The Imperial Family returned to Brazil in 1945 and still lives here. They never wanted Portugues titles, that's one of the many nonsenses you said.

In short, you may not like to see a young woman being called Princess of Brazil, but it's your problem only.

Oh, and I teach History at a major Brazilian university. My specialization: 19th century Brazil, the time of the Monarchy. So I guess I have more authority than you on this matter.

Have a good day.

Yes, I am not saying I know more than you about 19th century Brazil. I actually did not go into specifics because it is "19th century Brazilian, at the time of the monarchy" and this has nothing to do with the topic of "Single Princesses." I am NOT deciding who is or is not included in this list, just wondering why wealthy socialites of royal descent (i. e. , "Princess of Brazil") are being included, as they are NOT princesses. That's the issue; Brazilian history (and you being an authority on the subject), the fact that you are a professor at a university in Brazil, and me being American is off-topic. The issue is Brazil has no recognized royal family (it is a republic). It's not really a problem to me, you definitely are the one with the problem regarding this situation. One cannot be a princess of a country that has no monarchy It is what it is; there is no need for you to be vile.

Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece was twenty on July 25, 2016.

When it came to Maxima Zorreguieta there was no problem at all, and she became Queen of the Netherlands.

Why on earth would anyone care if Prince Harry married a Roman Catholic?
because it might affect his place in the succession.

:previous: It would have no affect. As of 2013, members of the BRF who marry a catholic, no longer lose their place. And as long as the kids are raised Anglican, they are in line. You only lose your spot if YOU convert.

Marrying a Roman Catholic no longer disqualifies a person from succeeding to the Crown.[17][18] The explanation published when the bill had been introduced mentioned that those who had lost their places in the line of succession by marrying a Roman Catholic would regain their places, but that those "with a realistic prospect of succeeding to the Throne" would not be affected. The first person in the new line of succession to be affected by this change when it came into effect was George Windsor, Earl of St Andrews, who had married a Catholic in 1988, and was restored to the line of succession in 34th place, after the Duke of Kent.[16] The provision of the Act of Settlement requiring the monarch to be a Protestant continues.

Succession to the Crown act.

because it might affect his place in the succession.

Not anymore it won't.

Until the passing of the Succession to the Crown Act marriage to a Roman Catholic took the person out of the line of succession but that Act changed three things:

1. Gender didn't determine line of succession anymore but birth order did for children born after October 2011.

2. Only the first 6 in the line of succession now need permission to marry, whereas the previous Royal Marriage Act has insisted on all descendants of George II other than those descended from British princesses who married into foreign royal houses.

3. Changes to the Act of Settlement meant that any person who married a Roman Catholic was no longer barred from the throne. If a person is a Roman Catholic they are barred but not being married to one. This change brought Prince Michael of Kent and Prince Ernst of Hanover back into the line of succession as they had only lost their place because of their marriages.

If Harry were to marry a Roman Catholic he would remain in the line of succession. If he were to convert to Roman Catholicism then he would lose his place,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom