Royalty or High Society

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy the royals that are not so much in the news; Denmark, Sweden, Dutch, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Norway and Sweden. I also enjoy the German Royal/Princely Families; to me they are more royal that the Windsors. I know that Royalty was terminated after WWI, but they are still Princes to many as well as theirselves.

I like both.But I have focused and have a greater passion for Royalty obviously.But in recent times I have also found that I am also interested in High Society and even political dynasties.I agree with CaliforniaDreamin,I would rather read or be entertained by the activities of a Rothschild than the Hollywood garbage.I see aristocrats as Royal sattelites at times,mini-Royals.I have always been a big fan of Carolina Herrera,Comtesse Jacqueline de Ribes,Princess Lee Radziwill,Countess Isabelle Ornano,Princess Silvia d'Arenberg,Sao Schlumberger,and Jackie Kennedy Onassis.As for Paris Hilton,I know that she acts,thinks and at times looks like trash.But kudos to her she brought the "Heiress thing" to the table.Unfortunately she also trashed it by her antics.I hate the fact that she made the status of heiress look so bad and that she would rather cavort with Hollywood than set an example of old guard grandeur and class.Well she isn't even full blue blood.Her mum Kathy was from a B-movie family.

I like both.But I have focused and have a greater passion for Royalty obviously.But in recent times I have also found that I am also interested in High Society and even political dynasties.I agree with CaliforniaDreamin,I would rather read or be entertained by the activities of a Rothschild than the Hollywood garbage.I see aristocrats as Royal sattelites at times,mini-Royals.I have always been a big fan of Carolina Herrera,Comtesse Jacqueline de Ribes,Princess Lee Radziwill,Countess Isabelle Ornano,Princess Silvia d'Arenberg,Sao Schlumberger,and Jackie Kennedy Onassis.As for Paris Hilton,I know that she acts,thinks and at times looks like trash.But kudos to her she brought the "Heiress thing" to the table.Unfortunately she also trashed it by her antics.I hate the fact that she made the status of heiress look so bad and that she would rather cavort with Hollywood than set an example of old guard grandeur and class.Well she isn't even full blue blood.Her mum Kathy was from a B-movie family.

We are interested in the same exact people! I am fascinated by Jacqueline Kennedy and her sister, and I think Carolina Herrera is one of the most elegant women alive.

The less said about Paris Hilton the better. I am staggered that anyone given the opportunities that chick was born with could turn out so ignorant and trashy. I keep hoping she changes, because she is a disaster and by the way so are her parents.

We are interested in the same exact people! I am fascinated by Jacqueline Kennedy and her sister, and I think Carolina Herrera is one of the most elegant women alive.

The less said about Paris Hilton the better. I am staggered that anyone given the opportunities that chick was born with could turn out so ignorant and trashy. I keep hoping she changes, because she is a disaster and by the way so are her parents.

These people are so exceptional in American life.They seem to remind us or even give us a slight glimpse of a different America.Almost like a Royal America.I love Jackie Kennedy and her gorgeous group of WASP buddies.Like Jayne Wrightsman and Babe Paley.I like and feel sorry for Babs Hutton.But she had too many issues.Doris Duke in the other hand well...I just wish their parents loved and took care of them more.When I take a break form my Royalty read-a-thon, I read books about the Vanderbilts,the Astors,the Roosevelts etc.It is very inspiring.

I both hate and love Paris.She's leading scions like Brandon Davis,Tinsley Mortimer and Fernanda Berracasa to trashdom by example.One heir-scion ,Cody Franchetti actually admires her and wants to be a male Paris Hilton.My sister thinks Ivanka Trump is the ultimate best heiress.I say Amanda Hearst.

These people are so exceptional in American life.They seem to remind us or even give us a slight glimpse of a different America.Almost like a Royal America.I love Jackie Kennedy and her gorgeous group of WASP buddies.Like Jayne Wrightsman and Babe Paley.I like and feel sorry for Babs Hutton.But she had too many issues.Doris Duke in the other hand well...I just wish their parents loved and took care of them more.When I take a break form my Royalty read-a-thon, I read books about the Vanderbilts,the Astors,the Roosevelts etc.It is very inspiring.

I both hate and love Paris.She's leading scions like Brandon Davis,Tinsley Mortimer and Fernanda Berracasa to trashdom by example.One heir-scion ,Cody Franchetti actually admires her and wants to be a male Paris Hilton.My sister thinks Ivanka Trump is the ultimate best heiress.I say Amanda Hearst.

I agree with your sister about Ivanka Trump. Donald Trump is a piece of work but he has raised intelligent classy children who NEVER seem to get it wrong.
He and Ivana should be commended for that.

Also the Hearst girls are terrific, all of them

I am interested in both since the US has no royalty, but it's hard to find members of high society who you can look up to. Most are such screwups there is nothing to do except tear them down. It's like they're trying to hard to be something they're not or to live up to the public/press/their personal expectations of what they should be.

No, it doesn't. It will accelerate and justify the process of jettisoning the royal families. They will simply be less royal by blood, and add bad behavior, casual dress, etc., and out they go.

I strongly disagree with this. Does it really matter if the job is being done? I think the commoner crown princesses of today are rising very well to the occasion and doing a great job, regardless of their "inferior birth." Let's look at royalty like the Grimaldis. Hmmm. . .seems like they could rival Hollywood "trash" on any given day. All these families started somewhere in history with someone proclaiming himself to be king or being given the title Prince by the Pope. So, their titles might be historical but when it comes down to it, they are rich people with man made titles. I love royalty too, but lets not exalt them so far above the rest of us.

What would we call the antics of Henry VIII? At least Stephanie's indiscretions never killed anyone. We don't consider the Grimaldis royalty, yet all the others are?

I don't care much for HS because they are only trying to emulate royalty.

i love royalty but i also love high society. i like to hear about how they made their money, how they spend it, what their houses look like, where they eat, where they vacation. i just think it's fun.

It doesn't really matter to me...... I just like to study the wonderful jewelry, and the elegant, beautifully cut dress.

I love royalty hands down. However, I love the high society of yersteryear with the likes of the Astors, Kennedys, Vanderbilts, Rockefellers, etc. But the Guilded Age, Camelot, etc., have all withered away.

Does America's Castles still come on A&E ?

I like French high society but can't find out much about them. I think it's because there very aristocratic but slighty more glitzy than the uk. Maybe I just like the French Countesses in books such as Maxine in Lace. I like both Ivana Trump and Jacqueline de Ribes X

I would definitely watch a television channel devoted to royalty/high society! It would be nice if they had shows that featured events, etiquette, fashion, charity work, and family life. I would subscribe immediately to that channel.

Jacqueline de Ribes is a French arisocrat born in 1931 she is marrried to Edward de Ribes who is a count.The have two children and both of them are grown.She has been voted to the best dressed list many times and made into the Hall of fame.
Source wikipedia

I strongly disagree with this. Does it really matter if the job is being done? I think the commoner crown princesses of today are rising very well to the occasion and doing a great job, regardless of their "inferior birth." Let's look at royalty like the Grimaldis. Hmmm. . .seems like they could rival Hollywood "trash" on any given day. All these families started somewhere in history with someone proclaiming himself to be king or being given the title Prince by the Pope. So, their titles might be historical but when it comes down to it, they are rich people with man made titles. I love royalty too, but lets not exalt them so far above the rest of us.

Yeah I totally agree with you. They aren't a different breed of people and to be honest, I think more "commoners" have class than royals nowadays. And history is riddled with awful rulers and monarchs and only about like once every 100-150 years, does a good one come by. Being royal is just a title to be honest. It's just what someone calls someone else, a title. You could argue that being royal involves class and dedication and so on, but ultimately, they are all people and they are born no different from you and I.

Anyway, I'm not interested in high society or too much of royalty either. I just like the Luxembourg royal family, they rock my sox. :)

My prefer always Royalty. Because to be interested in history, historicial periods, life line, royalty family tree and that time all royal families and very important government humans.

Personally, i don't have a preference. Perhaps my fascination with royalty is more of a curiosity on how they deal with the pressures of their position. So much are expected from them. With high society people, well, they live a privileged life and it is fascinating to read about their idiosyncrasies and all that....however, we have to remember they are still human and it really depends also on their upbringing, their influences and how they perceive the world-all these are reflected on how they act and what their personality is....

I like ROYALTY.
Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, is an example of a Royal, who though born a Prince, exemplifies what a Gentleman should be. :crown8:

I like ROYALTY.
Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, is an example of a Royal, who though born a Prince, exemplifies what a Gentleman should be. :crown8:

I totally agree with you on this one. One of my favorite pictures of William is when he greeted his sovereign and Queen at Anglesey RAF base a couple years ago. He presented what I thought was the most perfect bow I've ever seen him do. Funny thing though is that looking at the picture, some mistook it for William leaning down to his much shorter grandmother.

Its not only the presentation of formality that impresses me about William as a gentleman, but also he has a charismatic way of making everyone he's conversing with feel at ease and important to him. Reminds me of the time he was in Australia and NZ before the wedding and was visiting with people that were victimized by the floods. No "sir", no "your highness" business, he just said "call me William". I like that.

Osipi, Thank you extremely!!
His Royal Highness, Prince William is truly an outstanding PRINCE and GENTLEMAN. :crown8:

I like Royalty.
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark said:

"My aim is to be a Danish rallying point to awaken the people's sense of nationality. I want to be a good ambassador for my country. But I will not shut myself away in a castle. I will be myself. I will be a human being.":denmarkstandard:

Royals would want to promote themselves and their family in a positive light if they did a reality show. I tried to imagine what a show would be like. A royal couple attending a charity event to help abused animals, a female royal donating her clothing to an auction to help poor women get an education or a male royal sitting on a bed reading a story to his children or going to a school and reading a story to children who are physically challenged at a school. Something along these lines. Those who are royal watchers would watch such a show. Depending on the country, the ratings would be fairly high.

This would not be you're typical reality show which has drama on it. Sadly if you had a reality show of royals gone wild, you would have a much higher rating because some people love to watch others in constant conflict, people who are fighting with others all the time and people that are mean. This is you're typical reality show.

This would not be you're typical reality show which has drama on it. Sadly if you had a reality show of royals gone wild, you would have a much higher rating because some people love to watch others in constant conflict, people who are fighting with others all the time and people that are mean. This is you're typical reality show.

Speaking of royal reality shows, there is going to be one actually on BBCA. I've not heard nor read too much about it yet but did find the website with information on the show.

About the Show | Almost Royal | BBC America

Interested in both depending on who it is. I Luke the BRF and watch them the but also am interested in Sweden Denmark and Monaco; if their was an Imperial family of Russia I would be obsessed with them.
But I also like watching interesting documentaries on billionaires all over the world; I just finished 2 documentaries discussing rich Russians living in England and rich people in Dubai who are buying and building islands. Plus I've always liked the Rothschild's.

If it's Paris Hilton.. Then no, if it's Nicky Hilton then maybe. If it's the Kardashain's then no... If it's Kylie Jenner then yes.

Sometimes royalty/nobility and high society collide or cross paths. For me, I like a well rounded mix of both. See the gilded age, when some newly wealthy Americans couldn’t be part of East coast old money society they moved to Europe (France, U.K, Italy, Germany, etc) and quite a number of them were well-liked by the Europeans not only for money but because they enjoyed their company. Some married titled Europeans and have descendants to this day. The thing with high society isn’t just about rich people, because money isn’t enough, they sometimes imitate the ways of royalty on a superficial level and sometimes intellectual level.

After WWI, a new breed of aristocrats who didn’t suffer the serious pains of the war and were the complete opposite of the Victorians before them, they were the Bright young things whose ongoings attracted media attention with all the house parties, fashions, jewels, travels, cars, hunting parties, the lavish expenditures, the lavish interiors, the country houses, the London Town houses etc. the debutante balls, marriages and divorces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom