Royals You Identify With?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierna23

Heir Apparent, Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Germany
Are there royals - living or of the past - you think about: comes close to my own nature? Because of their character, behaviour, fashion sense, hobbies or interests etc.?

Close to my own nature I suppose would come Prince Philip because of his humour mainly and it seems he always looked at the bright side of life. ;) Nice idea this topic.

For me this person is Grand Duchess Maria.:previous:
Loving history and her country.

Fergie in just one way. I have to keep on top of my weight or I become cuddly.

It's depends...

a) Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg is may favourite becouse when I first time see him, I thought he's my ,,male" version. Lots of common.

b) Charlotte Casiraghi: We're brunette and I love her clothes. If I were more money I would have her clothes.

c) Victoria of Sweden (hair, cheeks and some similarities in character)

d) Kate Middleton (she's not royal yet, but I don't suppose sth change it thas matter) - I saw her photos from university and I thought we have lots of common - but I'm not so tall.

I'm agree with grace marie with prince Guillaume-so much in common!
And I'm agree too with queenofthelight with Grand Duches Maria!

I know it might seem a litte frivolous, but it could say that i identify myself with crown princess mary because of high heels.
I only were high heels.

I identify with Maxima- maybe I feel the need to be more care free and less serious like her?

I can identify myself with princess Grace in her character ,and taste,her fashion tastes,her love for flowers,her sensibility,politeness,sweetness and in some physical characteristics.....and with Princesss Diana,because of her character in the positive way:sensitive,loving,generous,humble,and in her taste for dressing....
But no comparison,of course,they are better:whistling:

The Crown Princesses of: the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway (+ Märta-Louise) and Spain, because they are all in my age and they all have children in the same ages as my children...

H.I.H the Grand Duchess Olga Nicholaievna of Russia - our personalities is frightenly lot alike! :)
H.R.H Princess Iman bint al Hussein of Jordan - we're (almost) at the same age, and I sense that we are a lot alike!

I can identify with Prince Charles, because we both struggle with Maths; with Louis XIV of France because we are both coin collectors .

Identify with....

I would choose 3 Royal Ladies, who after studying their lives, I feel I strongly identify with::)
1. Empress Sissi of Austria;
2. Empress Eugenie of France;
3. Queen Victoria.
I love their Courage, Loyalty, Romance, their Elegance and Fashion taste, also because the Fashions of that time were Beautiful and Regal.
:flowers:

Perhaps Princess Mary...She is Australian, my age, has a husband born in 1968, has brown hair and eyes...And while I don't share her fashion sense (as in I don't dress like her) if I could I probably would and I can't mainly due to financial reasons and being slightly larger than a sample size...

In some ways, I can identify myself with Princess Diana because some of my clothes are modelled on hers but whereas in her later years, she liked slim skirts, I like long, very full ones. Pretty well any colour looked nice on her and the same could be said about me.

In others, I can identify myself with the Queen Mother because she didn't change her style to suit current trends: she knew what suited her and stuck to it. One of her pet hates was wearing trousers - she never did, save for when she put waders on over her skirt when salmon fishing. I never wear trousers. When she went out to meet people, she would wear something eye-catching to make her easy to spot. This is what I do whenever I go to meet my train driver friends.

I like long, very full ones. Pretty well any colour looked nice on her and the same could be said about me.

In others, I can identify myself with the Queen Mother because she didn't change her style to suit current trends: she knew what suited her and stuck to it. One of her pet hates was wearing trousers - she never did, save for when she put waders on over her skirt when salmon fishing. I never wear trousers. When she went out to meet people, she would wear something eye-catching to make her easy to spot. This is what I do whenever I go to meet my train driver friends.

Dear Catherine,:flowers:
I feel exactly the same: I like long and very full skirts, and nearly always wear them; they are simply Divine to wear and they are always beautiful and very elegant. I feel classic elegance does not suffer from the vagaries of fickle fashion and time.
And like you, I admired Her Majesty, the Queen Mother for so clearly being happily Herself and sticking with it. And... I also hate wearing trousers, Ha....Perhaps I can Identify with Her too. :)

I also love trained dresses, especially for evening/wedding wear. The longer the better IMO!!

I also love trained dresses, especially for evening/wedding wear. The longer the better IMO!!

Yes Catherine, me too!:flowers:
Most of my evening Gowns are circular or crinoline and have trains as well; mostly small ones though. And indeed, for Wedding wear, the longer the better! My wedding dress was like that too. I still have it........ :)

All of my dresses and skirts are long and very full so that they form little trains on stairs. My favourite cut of skirt is circular cos I love the way they swirl about with every step I take.

Some 6 or 7 years ago I wore a glove on just my left hand, as the Queen Mother used to, keeping my right one free for waving to my railway friends and shaking hands. Nowadays I stick with my waterproof-interlined, fleece-lined handmuff as it's much more effective than gloves. Having said that, I hate cold weather full stop.

The Queen Mother makes me think of my own grandmother. They both were about the same age (The Queen Mother is two years older) and they both smiled a lot.

I could identify with Sarah Ferguson and any royal who has weight problems as I have them. Royals are human and have difficulties just like anyone else. The difference being often the whole world knows their problems. It made me angry when people would make comments about their weight or make fun of them because they had weight problems.

When Princess Diana talked about being lonely at school, I could identify with that. I didn't go to a boarding school but could identify with her being lonely. I was a rather shy person and found it difficult to open myself up to others.

Last edited:
yes, for me it is Sarah Ferguson, duchess of york too!:flowers:

For me, it would be Crown Princess Victoria. We are both around the same age (I'm two years younger), we both look identical to our respective mothers and our attitudes are the same. We both have an eccentric and extroverted nature and don't mind sharing it with the world!

We both follow our hearts and once we have decided on a course of action, that is it! We both have passion for our careers and causes and we always put 110% in everything we do. We are both comfortable in our own skin, and both have battled weight issues (mine was being overweight and then underweight). Our features are very similar - dark long hair with big brown eyes. I don't know her height, but we share the same build.

But the one thing I have seen, especially over the past year is how similar we speak from the heart. Her manner toward Prince Daniel, her interviews regarding her relationship is exactly how I view mine. There is nothing fake about what she says. Even the way she kisses his hand is what I do to my husband. Their wedding date was also a week before ours! Their relationship is one I can relate to.

Prince Daniel reminds me a lot of my husband: quiet, reserved, same manner, same build, hair and eye colour and height. When you see Prince Daniel around the Crown Princess, his eyes lighten up! My mother-in-law and my mother says that everytime I enter the room, my husband's eyes lit up. Prince Daniel only has eyes for her and he will do anything for her...exactly like my husband. He supports her and her role as the Crown Princess of Sweden without any hesitation. My husband supported me during the final year of my PhD, and I can tell you that is not to be sneezed at. That was within the first six months of our relationship. He stepped up, just like Prince Daniel.

I had to give this one some thought! I actually find myself drawn to CP Masako like her I'm educated and modern but feel stressed by the limelight(mine is nothing compared to her's of course) but my heart goes out to her in her element she does fine but out of her comfort zone she seems to struuggle-I can relate.

A mix between prince Daniel with his glasses for looks and prince carl-philip for beeing undecided about career into late 20ths and a bit shy in the younger years(i didnt avoid cameras like Daniel did, i have been on events and placed myself so the camera could see me:))

Believe it or not Prince Charles because we've both had regrets in life, are environmentalists and like vegie gardening. Cheers Charles!:flowers:

A mix between prince Daniel with his glasses for looks and prince carl-philip for beeing undecided about career into late 20ths and a bit shy in the younger years(i didnt avoid cameras like Daniel did, i have been on events and placed myself so the camera could see me:))

Is Carl-Philip still serious about going into farming? About a year ago I read he was studying agriculture.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can identify with Charlotte Casiraghi, Marie-Chantal, Princess Diana of Wales and Empress Alexandra
Elegant and aristocratic women

Well, Charlotte Casiraghi and Marie Chantal Miller aren't aristocratic. Marie-Chantal is a daughter from a wealthy American (in tax free business if I am not mistaken). Of course, Charlotte is the daughter from princess Caroline, but her father was a commoner.

Marie-Chantal is anything but aristocratic, she's a socialite who managed to snag herself a prince.
She has no artistocratic blood in her body, and no title before she was married. Making her nothing but a commoner.

Of course, Charlotte is the daughter from princess Caroline, but her father was a commoner.

To me Ms Casiraghi would fit the role of aristocratic because her mother is a princess. If Princess Caroline chose to title her children today' Charlotte would have a title of Princess.

Getting back on topic. I am like Diana, Princess of Wales' good side of compassion and stylish and into the arts like Princess Grace and a reader like Princess Caroline.:flowers:

Princess Diana I can identify with when she talked about being lonely or feeling alone at school. I didn't go to a boarding school like she did but when I went to school, I was rather shy and found it difficult to open up to others. Many of my friends opened up to me.

It really surprised me to think that one could have things that others could only dream about or wish for like Diana had and yet feel so alone. I guess I had a perception of what I imagined her life to be and that was not the case. I imagine other people had the same perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom