Royal Voices & Accents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
I often wonder how the voices of people, that I usually only see pictures of, sound like.
I thought it would be interesting to post links where you can hear the Royals speaking.

For example, I have been very suprised when I first heard Máxima's voice. I didn't expect it to be so deep.

:flowers:

Talking about the voices of the Princes, my favourite is the one of Willem-Alexander. It's sooo deep and charismatic, he could be a theatre actor with such voice.:lol:

Princess Letizia has a very nice voice: strong, femenine, with perfect diction and intonation (but it's surely also the result of the years of her studies and work as a journalist).

Here you have the link to the videos of little parts of her "Telediario":
http://www.letiziaortiz.tk/videos.htm

Letizia's second official speech as a Princess (you tube; she starts speaking around 60. second):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_r5x--rfk&mode=related&search=

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Talking about the voices of the Princes, my favourite is the one of Willem-Alexander. It's sooo deep and charismatic, he could be a theatre actor with such voice.:lol:

Princess Letizia has a very nice voice: strong, femenine, with perfect diction and intonation (but it's surely also the result of the years of her studies and work as a journalist).

Here you have the link to the videos of little parts of her "Telediario":
http://www.letiziaortiz.tk/videos.htm

Letizia's second official speech as a Princess (you tube; she starts speaking around 60. second):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_r5x--rfk&mode=related&search=

Dear LCM i share totally your opinion on the WA's voice, specially when he speak german because I don't understand dutch.

In Youtube, you can heard too (in the video about the Lech hollidays of the Princes of Orange) the voice of Maxima.

Maxima is speaknig an excellent english with a deep voice.
It's a voice of woman who works in international areas at important level.

For the Princess of Asturias I'm sharing too your opinion. It's obvious that Letizia has a professional voice which we can heard when she worked as an anchorwoman. But her voice is also very tender and feminine, as you said, and as we can heard it when she spoke at the issue of the Ruber Clinic after the birth of Leonor.

I heard the voice of Mary Donaldson, which is for me the tipical voice of young woman. I don't find that she has a good prononciation ( by comparaison with Maxima)even if I know that english is her mother tongue.

This fact doesn't mean that because you are english or in this occurrency australian you have to have necessarly a good diction. I want to say that Mary Donaldson has a nice voice of a nice woman... that's all :flowers:

Last edited:
I think Letizia's voice is very nice even though I couldn't understand a word she said. I just like the tone of it.

I didn´t expect Máxima´s voice to be so deep, and I didn´t expect Mette-Marit´s voice to be so soft and feminine, when I first heard them...

Her_Majesty said:
Queen Sonja giving an Interview (in English) to BBC.
Listen to them.
what a shock :ohmy: . I never expected her voice to sound like ..that...
anyway, she speaks english in a nice way.

I really like the voices of Mary, Letizia and Maxima!
Does anyone have a video or a clip of Mathilde, Camilla and Mette?

Princess_Beatrix said:

I really like the voices of Mary, Letizia and Maxima!
Does anyone have a video or a clip of Mathilde, Camilla and Mette?

For Maxima you have in Yootub a video about the hollidays of the Princes of Orange in Lech-Austria- in which you can heard Maxima to speak in english. thr link is the same that for all the videos of Youtub, you have to precise only its for the princes of Orange.

I like P. Caroline voice, it surprised me. I think it´s rather deep but sweet, i like her voice very much, not so much P. Stephanie´s, it´s very, very high-pitched.

I love Queen Silvia and Princess Maxima's voices! I was shocked when I first heard Maxima talk- Her voice didn't seem to fit her (if you get me) :rolleyes:

Letizia sounds very professional-I guess from her days as a journalist. Something I've noticed is that all of the women in the Spanish RF have deeper voices.

Her_Majesty, I can't see the video you posted of Sonja :sad: I would really like to hear what she sounds like!

Princess_Beatrix said:
Why shocked? :lol:

...sOfIa.... said:
Her_Majesty, I can't see the video you posted of Sonja :sad: I would really like to hear what she sounds like!
Here's the link to the site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/gallery/gallery_norwegian_royals.shtml?select=01#gallery
Click on the link under the photo to listen to the interview.
Then you can hear her speaking (first the reporter and Harald talk) ;)

I hope it works now.

The voices of Mette-Marit, Haakon, QEII, Charles the Prince of Wales, Letizia (so professional, so journalist-like), and the late Princess Diana (so soft, so sweet) did not surprise me when I heard them. They seemed to make sense, or just to fit them- when I heard them, I said to myself, 'Yep, that's so-and-so."

I was suprised by the voices of Maxima, W-A, Felipe, Rania, and Mary.
Maxima because I had no idea how deep her voice was!! It was not at all what I imagined. Her laugh isn't quite as infectious as you might think, given her infectious smile.

W-A, I didn't realize how deep and rich his voice was. It is somewhat majestic. I thought his voice would be....more adolescent or something, I think, and not so deep. I like it.

Felipe. I watched part of his wedding on Telemundo, and I was surprised by his voice. I think it was just that his voice wasn't as velvety and deep as I might have thought. I also thought it was funny to hear his lisp, which seemed out of place in someone who is otherwise so very royal in demeanor. (I honestly don't mean any offense to anyone by this- I know from when I was in Spain that this is the norm, and was actually started hundred+ years ago from the royal household. It just isn't the norm here in the US, and politicians and celebs work hard to get rid of the lisp, so please don't be offended)

Rania- with Rania I was very impressed by how well she speaks English, without much of an accent. (I found out later that she when to the American University)

Mary- I don't know what exactly I expected. Maybe a little higher, but I don't know. I just felt a little surprized.

I also was surprised when I heard Máxima speaking spanish - so very southamerican...(naturally of course, but somehow I was totally surprised).

If you cannot open the BBC link: Here's a clip from Seher.no
Video
Harald, Haakon, Mette and Sonja talking.

Wow! I too, like Maxima's voice. She sounds so strong. Another royal I love to hear talk is Guillaume. He sounds so sexy. lol

In what player you guys heard the interview with maxima?
i can't open it :sad:

Her_Majesty thank you very much! :flowers:

I can't hear the on of Beatrix and Claus :sad:

can one of you guys post a link of HGD Guillaume speaking? I've never heard him.

LadyK said:
can one of you guys post a link of HGD Guillaume speaking? I've never heard him.

Here is a something from "Place Royale" where HGD Guillaume is speaking to the American Chamber of Commerce. He starts speaking around the 1min55sec mark.

http://www.rtl.lu/tele/videoarchiv/index.rtl?clip=/300K/82/2006/07/07/82_20060707_300K.wmv&startyear=2001&startmonth=12&startday=1&stopyear=2006&stopmonth=10&stopday=11&rubrique=82&go=yes&limitStart=0

I for one think he has a lovely voice. :)

Paula** said:
In what player you guys heard the interview with maxima?
i can't open it :sad:

When I clicked on it my real player came up so you may need to have that media player to hear the maxima interview.

I like Princess Stephanie voice in french and english

The voice that really surprised me was Queen Sofia's. It was much deeper than I expected...sort of the same thing that people had talked about with Maxima.

Do you have the clip of Harrys 21st B-Day interview with film

Back
Top Bottom