Royal Selfies & Photos Taken by the Public

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday, 18 September 2005. The Prince of Wales's car passes by me, continuing down Hyde Park Corner. The Prince is waving to... well, to me--I was the only one standing there! :)

Camilla is somewhere next to him--her hat was enormous, as far as I saw.

Mapple said:
Yesterday, 18 September 2005. The Prince of Wales's car passes by me, continuing down Hyde Park Corner. The Prince is waving to... well, to me--I was the only one standing there! :)

Wow, mapple, that's really amazing (not to mention cool!). Thanks for sharing your story and your photo. :)

Some more photos of the swedish royal family...

from
- Bibelsällskapet
- Nordiska museet
- Rotary (look, the KIng takes the subway júst like the rest of us :) )
- A visit to Samiska veckan
- www.svenskidrott.se
- The queen visits Kalmar
- www.sok.se

Swedish and danish royals in Athen during the olympics 2004

from svenskakyrkan.se
svenskakyrkan26li.th.jpg

from: ??? (cant remember, sorry. I had written the same as above, but I think its wrong, considering their outfits and the glas in Frederiks hand :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
do photo agencies air brush pictures, too add more colour, to make royals look 'nicer'? Or do they publish them as it is?

I don't know think they airbrush pictures taken at events. However, they do take hundreds (OK, maybe dozens) of pictures of the royal at the event, and they can choose to print more attractive photos or less atractive photos.

"Official" photos, issued by the Royal Family, on the other hand, I can believe may be touched up.

I had a question for those of you who actually live in Europe, unlike me in the US with no access to royalty (except this Board):

I noticed most of the pictures are of the Swedish family. Is that because they are more accessible to the public, ie, fewer bodyguards, less physical distance between them and the public?

Mapple said:

Were you waiting for him there, or was it just a chance encounter?

How funny! And how funny that he waved to only one person, YOU!

ap3 said:
I had a question for those of you who actually live in Europe, unlike me in the US with no access to royalty (except this Board):

I noticed most of the pictures are of the Swedish family. Is that because they are more accessible to the public, ie, fewer bodyguards, less physical distance between them and the public?
could be... I´m swedish so I know most of how it is here in Sweden, but I think that the swedish royal family is one of the most accessible royal families.

But c´mon, lets try to find more photos of the other royals... there must be some out there! Atleast from public events...

iowabelle said:
Were you waiting for him there, or was it just a chance encounter?

How funny! And how funny that he waved to only one person, YOU!
A chance encounter... I was sitting on a bench next to the statue of Wellington. A police motorcyclist drove through the Wellington Arch, in a minute there was another. A Rolls-Royce was next, and I noticed that the car is somehow unusual; I understood that the Rolls-Royce had an elevated roof. 'Must be one of the cars of Buckingham Palace,' I thought. 'And Charles has some official engagements for today--it must be him.'

The people queueing next to the Wellington Arch began to shout, and I saw that my guess was correct. I waited until the cars turned into Hyde Park Corner and photographed his Rolls, even though my camera had a battery that was very-very low by then. :)

The Prince was in a 'waving mood' on that day, I think--he waved to a girl and a pensioner who stood by the Wellington statue, too. :)

Photos from Victorias visit to Högskolan i Borås

taken from their website www.hb.se

Here are some more:

1. The Duke of York at Queen's Park, Toronto. June, 2003.
2. Same Event
3. The Earl of Wessex in Scarborough, Ontario. September 2002.
4. The Countess of Wessex at the same event.
5. The Countess of Wessex with a girl in the crowd who wanted me to take her picture. LOL
5. Me with The Earl of Wessex. Toronto. June, 2005. (I'm the guy with the blue tie third from the right.
6. Me shaking hands with the Countess of Wessex. Toronto. June 2005.

Attachments

• york1.JPG
    york1.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 332
  • york2.JPG
    york2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 406
  • edwardleaving.JPG
    edwardleaving.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 431
  • 5sophie.jpg
    5sophie.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 417
  • 6sophiegloria.JPG
    6sophiegloria.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 500
  • royalvisitedward2.jpg
    royalvisitedward2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,698
  • royalvisitsophie3.jpg
    royalvisitsophie3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 427
Thank you Yennie for this thread. How fun to see royals in "real life". I enjoyed the Princess Maxima pictures especially

I forgot to tell you all that I'm new and I hope that if I should show may ignorance about royals I'm sorry

bweir, those are really good pictures of Sophie. Sophie is a very attractive woman (not as glam as Diana) but still very pretty.

Wow, fantastic photos bwier! Thanks for sharing them...

You are very lucky to have seen the royals that close... How did you get so close to them? Were you invited or something like that?

Photos of princess Madeleine of Sweden from a visit with the foundation "Min stora dag" who helps children that are ill and makes their dreams come true

all photos from their website www.minstoradag.org

Last edited:
thanks for the photos of madeline! she looks just as lovely here as in any of the official photos. she's a true natural beauty.

You´re welcome Pollyemma! Its fun to search the net for photos :)

Here´s some more, this time of Crown Princess Victoria on a visit to Dalarna in May 2005

photos from www.dalarna.se

Last edited:
pollyemma said:
thanks for the photos of madeline! she looks just as lovely here as in any of the official photos. she's a true natural beauty.

I second that, she looks absolutely lovely on these pictures!

Victoria should get rid of the scarf, it is not flattering, the pictures are nice however.

in the above photos of V her glasses are clear and then they're dark.

Does she have those special lenses that adjust to the light or does she use "clip-on" darker lenses?

Yennie, any idea who took this one?

my.php

CasiraghiTrio said:
no I dont know... it was posted on www.gotland.se or something like that so it could be either a photograper working there or it could be someone who sent it to them

pollyemma said:
in the above photos of V her glasses are clear and then they're dark.

Does she have those special lenses that adjust to the light or does she use "clip-on" darker lenses?
she has some special ones that is both "normal glasses" and then when its sunny or bright they turns into sunglasses. IRL they look very normal, but on photographs they often looks like they are dark

Mary looks gr8 just a few days after birth!

some additions to the gallery of "real photos" :)

Victoria of Sweden in Japan 2005

photos taken by Rigmor Pettersson

and here´s some from her visit to Sri Lanka 2005

photos from the websites of the Red Cross and WfP

Last edited:
it's time for Norwegian "real photos"

These photos are courtesy of John Hope Bryant, which he posted at his blog
Haakon is a member of Young Global Leaders, and Bryant is a fellow friend there.
Some of these photos are taken at Oslo on 2005, when Haakon host a meeting there for his fellow YGL friends.

now for, real photos of Haakon, Mette-Marit (pregnant with Sverre Magnus), and Ingrid Alexandra
also from John Hope Bryant's Blog

You are very lucky to take real royal family pictures..I wish I take some photos.. but no luck for me. someday who knows....

Some photos of princess Madeleine and her mother visiting Klara Church in Stockholm last year.

from www.klarakyrka.se

Back
Top Bottom