Royal Selfies & Photos Taken by the Public

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if its considered a selfie or not but I think my very favorite one was when the DoE walked behind a TV commentator and then just remarked "Are you done yet? or something similar. The look on the commentator's face was simply priceless!

Yeps. the BRF knows to have a good time!

I don't know if its considered a selfie or not but I think my very favorite one was when the DoE walked behind a TV commentator and then just remarked "Are you done yet? or something similar. The look on the commentator's face was simply priceless!

Yeps. the BRF knows to have a good time!

Another fun one was when Crown Princess Mary sneaked up on a tv reporter and when the reporter said "This is as close as I get to Mary" (thinking she was meters behind her) Mary said over her shoulder "No it isn't" then giggled and walked away

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

William and Harry's photobombs are both great but to me, they can't top HM's photobomb :ROFLMAO:

I agree, Philip photobombing the reporter was absolutely priceless :D Especially because the reporter had no clue *who* was behind her till she turned around. One of my absolute favourite Philip moments ever.

Royal Photobombs

In connection with the 'Royal Selfies' thread, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread about royal photobombs. I hope that it's OK to create this - if not then please feel free to move it to the 'Royal Selfies' thread.

I'll start.

HM photobombs a selfie taken at the Commonwealth Games:
Photo

A closer look at her smile:
Photo

Prince Harry photobombed another selfie taken at the Commonwealth Games:
Photo :)rofl:)

There's also a GIF of Prince Philip photobombing a reporter at the Games and asking her if she'd finished, but I can't find it right now.

In connection with the 'Royal Selfies' thread, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread about royal photobombs. I hope that it's OK to create this - if not then please feel free to move it to the 'Royal Selfies' thread.

I'll start.

HM photobombs a selfie taken at the Commonwealth Games:
Photo

A closer look at her smile:
Photo

Prince Harry photobombed another selfie taken at the Commonwealth Games:
Photo :)rofl:)

There's also a GIF of Prince Philip photobombing a reporter at the Games and asking her if she'd finished, but I can't find it right now.

it's in the selfies thread, you could also copy P.William's photobomb at the cwg

:previous: I've found it now:

GIF (with credit to Archduchess Zelia who of course originally posted this in the 'Royal Selfies' thread)

And here is the photo of Prince William's photobomb at the Commonwealth Games (I assume this is the one you mean, although articles have said that he's photobombed three selfies, so I wasn't sure):
Photo

GIF (with credit to Archduchess Zelia who of course originally posted this in the 'Royal Selfies' thread)

And here is the photo of Prince William's photobomb at the Commonwealth Games (I assume this is the one you mean, although articles have said that he's photobombed three selfies, so I wasn't sure):
Photo

Philip!:ROFLMAO::lol:

Thanks! That's exactly the one I was talking about. It never ceases to amuse me.

Royal selfies from Jordan

:jordanflag:

Prince Hamzah Bin Alhussein with his daughter princess Noor:
The Hashemites

Prince Hashim Bin Alhussein with an Internet celebrity/Actor:
Instagram

I debated about where to post this and hope I've made the correct choice rather than opening a thread just for this question. Mods, my apologies if I've chosen poorly.

I need a bit of assistance determining the handsome young boy on the right in this picture. I swear it looks sorta like Bertil but it's not. Cheers to whoever cracks my ignorance on this one.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/69/52/ef/6952ef40fe43f1bfb7fe68eb0992ca5a.jpg

Episcogal, In what year was this photo approximately taken?
If we knew the date, then we could list all the male relatives who were closest in age to the boy in the picture.

The text on the photo says that it's taken in August 1936 at Fridhem in Sweden, the summer home of the duke and duchess of Västergötland, the parents of princesses Margaretha, Märtha (later crown princess of Norway) and Astrid (later queen of the Belgians and prince Carl. There is a possibility that the children are Märtha's and Astrid's children. If so then it could be Astrid, Baudouin, Josephine Charlotte, Albert and Ragnhild, taken the summer after the death of queen Astrid.

Last edited:
Great thread idea, yennie. I really love photos that aren't professional because they do seem more real to me. Wonderful photos, everyone!

Great!!!This is a very wonderful thread with a lot of real photos of Royals taken by members from our Forums,that's really cool!!

Possibly one of the cutest royal selfies so far!
Princess Alexia of the Netherlands and Countesses Zaria and Luana of Orange-Nassau at Sailing Amsterdam 2015, courtesy of @alexiavanoranje (a fan account for Alexia) from Instagram:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...15/11849417_1142064602476495_1809924309_n.jpg

EDIT: Have worked out how to get the photo without using an attachment.

Crown Princess Victoria posing for a selfie during her visit to the Swedish Migration Board on September 24:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yLy8TY63...wOWKPhudR0/s595/Crown-Princess-Victoria-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Máxima posing for a selfie at the opening the Outsider Art Museum at the Hermitage in Amsterdam March 16

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hM0mdsLP...SmiVKXXkxX-jWe-y1JfkQ/s600/Queen-Maxima-8.jpg

Royal selfie for the CP couple of Norway today as they start the annual county trip

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZQ4EkLjiF3/?taken-by=crownprincessmm

Selfie with three high school students and her Majesty Margareta while traveling with the Royal Train on 1 December.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BexHQyAF7T9/?taken-by=familiaregalaaromaniei

Last edited by a moderator:
in a way, i feel sorry for the royals - i wonder for how many selfies they need to pose on any one event! :whistling:

:previous: I tend to agree with you, Carlota.

While it's a very nice touch from especially the younger royals and it endears them to the general public. I think they shouldn't overdo it.
And certainly limit the number of selfies a lot, once some of them become regent couples.

:previous: I tend to agree with you, Carlota.

While it's a very nice touch from especially the younger royals and it endears them to the general public. I think they shouldn't overdo it.
And certainly limit the number of selfies a lot, once some of them become regent couples.

i guess most of the requests for selfies come from the public (when they shake hands with whoever is out waiting for them) and young people they meet at their events. i have seen how people they meet are given very detailed instructions on what to do and what not to do (like not taking pictures of them eating, or how to address them) when meeting a royal so would assume that people are told not to ask for selfies to limit the nuisance...

Probably most of the selfies are just like this guy's with the Royal in the background not even noticing. They are not really stopping to pose that often.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Queen Letizia at the Princess of Girona 2018 prize for Arts and Literature in Merida today:

** Selfie **

Prince Albert enjoying a round of selfies during an ice hockey match on day 8 of the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games in South Korea yesterday, February 17:

** gettyimages gallery **

Thanks for this fun share, Iceflower. PA was at the bobsled this morning and he waved hi to me! And everyone else who was watching on TV. :lol:

Thanks for this fun share, Iceflower. PA was at the bobsled this morning and he waved hi to me! And everyone else who was watching on TV. :lol:

:previous: :D

Princess Beatrix agreed for a selfie during a tree planting event in Utrecht today, March 14:

** Pic **

Back
Top Bottom