Royal Predictions for 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think James MIDDLETON will marry next year, with Eugenie and Jack maybe attending, and Prince Louis as a pageboy.

A baby for Princess Beatrice.
A baby for Princess Sofia of Sweden, possibly?

Some weddings for the SPENCER family, but probably very low-key.

Last edited:
A son for Archduke Imre and Archduchess Kathleen of Austria
A son for Archduke Christoph and Archduchess Adelaide of Austria

A June, 2021 baby for Zara, announced.

Who knows, Kate might even surprise us as well. I think definitely Pippa.

I feel that 2021 will be a fairly quiet royal year and that 2022 will be cluttered with royal festivities with the Winter Olympics; Queen Margrethe's jubilee; Princess Elisabeth's 21st birthday; the centenary of insulin therapy for sugar diabetes; and maybe Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday.

For 2020 I made the following prediction:

13. Zara misses the Olympic team and announces another pregnancy around the time of her mother's 70th birthday - a boy born in 2021 named Philip Michael

Obviously with no Olympics in 2020 the first part became irrelevant but the second part - the pregnancy has now been confirmed. It will, of course, mean she won't be making the British Olympic Team for Tokyo either.

I feel that 2021 will be a fairly quiet royal year and that 2022 will be cluttered with royal festivities with the Winter Olympics; Queen Margrethe's jubilee; Princess Elisabeth's 21st birthday; the centenary of insulin therapy for sugar diabetes; and maybe Crown Princess Mary's 50th birthday.
Yes, I believe that 2021 will be fairly quiet. And that 2022 will be full of royal festivities. Princess Ingrid Alexandra will turn 18 years old in 2022, so maybe some celebrations will happen? I wonder what happened to Haakon when he turned 18 years old.

Sweden
- Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel continue their duties
- Financial and relationship problem rumors for Princess Madeleine
- No more children for the sisters
- Pregnancy annoucement for Prince Car Phillip and Princess Sofia
- Princess Estelle continues to appear in the public eye
- Health problems for King Carl Gustaf
I got one right:flowers: Well, the announcement was in 2020 and not in 2021, but it is a baby for 2021! How lovely :wub:

I didn't predict anything for Zara and Mike. So I didn't got anything right.:ermm:

HIRH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria

Are you thinking of the wife of HRH Prince Amedeo of Belgium? Neither she or her husband use the titles HIRH or Archduchess/Archduke of Austria (though it forms part of Amedeo's full name in his birth registration).

In the statement the Palace sent out to the Belgian media to announce the birth of their son, her title was "Princess Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein".

https://www.lesoir.be/246315/articl...dit-le-prince-amedeo-et-sa-femme-annoncent-la

Last year I predicted that Martha-Louise and Durek would drift apart, due to her spending more time with her daughters. That didn't happen. But I think we will be hearing more From Norway in 2021 due to King Harald's health issues and Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra taking on more duties.

The Covid-19 situation will not be significantly better until the last half of 2021, which will affect state visits, etc.

First child (a son) for Nina and Phillipos Greece around end of May

Second daughter for Gabriella and Henri Bourbon Parma

A boy for Zara and Mike

Third son for CP and Sofia

UK

Princess Eugenie and Jack welcome a boy;

Princess Beatrice and announce pregnancy, delivery in 2022;

The Duchess of Sussex settles her lawsuit out of court;

Megxit is confirmed. They exit the Royal Family and live in California full time. Prince Harry's military appointments are stripped but he returns to the UK for the Diana statue unveiling;

The York princesses take up part time working royal roles;

Fergie and Andrew get married;

Andrew skates the Epstein scandal, but doesn't return to public life;

Prince Philip has a quiet, for royal standards, 100th birthday celebration in Windsor.

Expected Royal Baby Announcements for 2021.

Princess Beatrice
Lady Gabrielle Kingston
Duchess of Sussex.

I had wondered about William and Kate, but I don't think a 4th baby is on the horizon.

I think Monaco may well have some baby announcements (Prince Albert's nephew).

Definitely a wedding for James MIDDLETON.

Last edited:
Shouldn't that be Princess Eugenie not Princess Beatrice?

Shouldn't that be Princess Eugenie not Princess Beatrice?

Since she is grouped with Meghan and Ella who are not pregnant as far as we know, I do think angieuk meant Beatrice.

Worded a bit badly, should likely say pregnancy announcement, not baby (well could be both depending on when the pregnancy is announced).

Do you suggest Nina is already pregnant?

She made the suggestion on the wedding thread that she thought the bride was pregnant already. I guess a 'shot gun wedding' to avoid the scandal, was the thought to why such a small civil wedding and not wait.

First pregnancy and later wedding?
Is it really a scandal in 21st century Europe?

No. Not at all. And not one that would be hidden like it was.

The suggestion she is four months pregnant, and they rushed to the alter to hide her pregnancy, speaks of the old 'shot gun wedding scandal'.

Thank you everyone; rushing out the door to work and trying to type at the same time!

Next Year; is going to be very interesting with the Royals.

Out of interest, would anyone be inclined to predict an engagement for Marius Borg Høiby and Juliane Snekkestad? They are young by the standards of marriage in Norway, but over the last years the family has been treating Juliane as a semi-official member of the royal family.

It seems many here are predicting a scaled-down 100th birthday celebration for the Duke of Edinburgh, but is there any tradition of grandly celebrating 100th birthdays in the British or other royal families?

She made the suggestion on the wedding thread that she thought the bride was pregnant already. I guess a 'shot gun wedding' to avoid the scandal, was the thought to why such a small civil wedding and not wait.

Some couples marry during pregnancy for reasons other than avoiding scandal.

Out of interest, would anyone be inclined to predict an engagement for Marius Borg Høiby and Juliane Snekkestad? They are young by the standards of marriage in Norway, but over the last years the family has been treating Juliane as a semi-official member of the royal family.

It comes to my mind when I saw their recent family photo too. I won't be surprised if they are already engaged or even having private wedding without announcing it in future. (Of course it also could simply be Haakon and M-M are close with Juliane and want to include her in the family picture. After all it isn't an official picture I believe?)

As for now - Reigning Royal Houses of Europe:

UK
Both Princess Eugenie of York and Zara Philipps Tindall will have boys.
Pregnancy announcements for: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (girl), Princess Beatrice of York (girl), Lady Gabriella Kingston (boy), Flora Vesterberg (girl).
Engagements for Edward, Baron Downpatrick and Zenouska Mowatt
Low-key birthdays for the Royal couple.
Finalizations of divorces of Philippses and Snowdons.

Relatives: Philippa Middleton Matthews has a girl.
Wedding for James Middleton & Alizee Thevenet.
Weddings for engaged Spencer sisters with their respective fiances.

Belgium:
Engagement for Prince Joachim & Victoria Ortiz.
Princess Josephine who reaches adulthood decides to meet her maternal family.

Norway:
Engagement for Marius Borg-Hoiby & Juliane Snekkestad
Princess Martha-Louise & Durek will separate.

Sweden:
Prince Carl-Philipp & Princess Sofia will have a girl
Fourth pregnancy for Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, another son (this will be their last child)

Monaco:
Pregnancies for all Prince Albert II's nephews who are married:
Louis & Marie Ducruet - a boy
Princess Caroline's children & their respective spouses - all girls.
Engagement of Jazmin Grimaldi & Ian Mellencamp

Luxemburg:
Third pregnancy for Prince Felix & Princess Claire - a girl
Engagement of Prince Louis & Scarlett Sirgue
Engagement of Prince Carl-Johann of Nassau and Ivana Jamin
Wedding of Prince Constantin of Nassau & Kathryn Mechie

Liechtenstein:
Weddings of Princesses Maria-Annunziata & Emanuele Musini and Marie-Astrid & Rafe Worthington, and soon pregnancies revealed - for Maria-Annunziata - a girl, for Marie-Astrid - a boy.

Non-Reigning Royal Houses of Europe:

Austria:
Second child for Princess Gabriella & Prince Henri of Burbon-Parma (a boy)
Boys for Archduke Imre & Archduchess Kathleen and Archduke Christoph & Archduchess Adelaide
Engagement for Archduke Alexander

Greece:
Wedding of Princess Theodora & Matthew Kumar and soon pregnancy announcement - a boy
If Princess Nina is really pregnant - a girl for her & Prince Philippos

Russia:
Engagement of Grand Duke George & Rebecca Bettarini on George's 40th Birthday.

Serbia:
Second children for Prince Philip & Princess Danica (a girl) and for Prince Michael & Princess Ljubica (a boy)
First child for Prince George & Princess Fallon (a girl)
Engagement for Prince Alexander

Bavaria:
Prince Konstantin & Princess Deniz will have a boy.

Non-European Royals:

Jordan:
Engagment and wedding of Princess Iman bint Hussein
A baby for Princess Rayiah bint Hussein & Fares Ned Donovan (a girl) [both their brothers are done]
Wedding of Prince Nayef bint Asem & Sharifa Farah Alluhaymaq

Morocco:
Second child of Moulay Rashid & Oum Khaltoum (a girl)
Engagement of Moulay Idris Filali

Bhutan:
A baby for Princess Euphelma Choden & Dasho Thinlay Norbu (a girl)

Japan:
Wedding of Princess Kako & Kei Komuro
Engagement of Princess Tsuguko

Brazil:
Engagement for Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans and Braganza
Engagement for Princess Luiza of Orleans and Braganza
Wedding of Princess Maria Cristina of Orleans and Braganza & Gustavo de Arazane
Wedding of Prince Pedro Alberto of Orleans and Braganza & Alessandra Haegler Fragoso Pires
Second child together (her fourth) for Maria Francisca de Orleans e Bragança & Michael Anthony Whyte (a boy)
First child for Princess Maria de Fátima of Orleans and Braganza & João Fontes Soares (a girl)

Last edited:

Not in 21st century Europe necessarily, no. But rare for Royal Europe and for the Greek Royal Family.. .out of the question.

Not in 21st century Europe necessarily, no. But rare for Royal Europe and for the Greek Royal Family.. .out of the question.

Another relatively prominent non-reigning family had such an issue: Jaime and Viktoria announced their engagement in August (on the day Friso died - but that was announced later that day), got married in October and their eldest daughter was born in February the next year. So yes, in royal Europe the idea of getting married while pregnant (especially if a couple is serious about each other and 30+ (compare for example Louis and Tessy; and Henri and Gabriella who were much younger and made a different decision)) would make a lot of sense.

Another relatively prominent non-reigning family had such an issue: Jaime and Viktoria announced their engagement in August (on the day Friso died - but that was announced later that day), got married in October and their eldest daughter was born in February the next year. So yes, in royal Europe the idea of getting married while pregnant (especially if a couple is serious about each other and 30+ (compare for example Louis and Tessy; and Henri and Gabriella who were much younger and made a different decision)) would make a lot of sense.

Also Clotilde Courau was visible pregnant when she married Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy in September 2003 (their older daughter was born 3 months later).

A Sussex baby in the first quarter of the year.

Do you mean pregnancy announcement?

Meghan had a miscarriage some time in July of 2020. Most couples will wait a few months before trying again after a loss.

I am expecting an announcement this year. If they wait until around 4 months, I'd say around an April announcement with a baby in September or so. At earliest maybe a bit later.

I normally wait for the 31st December for this but here is my predictions for 2021.

Monaco
- separation - Albert and Charlene

Denmark
I think we might see an abdication and crowing of King Frederick. Corona allowing.

Spain
I think we might see legal action against the ex- King and growing anger towards the royals in general. Possible appeal for a referendum to abolish the monarchy.

UK
Another children for Meghan and Harry - I expect the child to be born in the US before June 2021.
I expect several shocks to come out of the finalizations of Megxit - embarrassing for both sides. Settling of the court case in the UK as well. PR release will read something like " The Duke and Duchess of Sussex currently expecting their second child, now know that family should be their priority in this life and wish to place all their energy on their family and not occupy their time with hatred and negativity"
I expected that Andrew will talk to the FBI next year, talk - not send an affidavit.
There does appear to be something happening in the rest of the BRF. There is an undertone that many people have picked up on - if this is a ramble of something underfoot. It will either resolve itself or explode. Time will tell. Considering what the family has undergone this year, it can be expected.
I am concerned about the Earl of Wessex - he appears out of sorts for the last year. I am very aware that 2020 hasn't been the year most of us will look back with fondness. But it doesn't look like he is as eager as the royals appears to jump start 2021.

This is supposed to be a light topic, a bit of fun really.

Apparently some posters can not help themselves into turning this into yet another stage for the poisonous & never-ending civil war on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, seeking fault with their fellow posters/ the duke and duchess wherever they can.

This thread has now been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom