Royal predictions for 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
City
Kaunas
Country
Lithuania
It's time for your Royal 2020 predictions! From today this thread will be open and you'll be able to express your minds and share your thoughts or simply wishes for royal families in 2020. I hope you all have lots of fun here!?

Without going as far as a prediction, I would not be surprised by an engagement in the Norwegian royal family in 2020.

While it was announced two years ago that the marriage of Princess Mako and Kei Komuro would be postponed to 2020, I am unfortunately not expecting a wedding in 2020, as the former's father remains unbending, the latter will be studying in America until 2021, and both the Crown Prince's investiture and the Olympics will be held in Japan next year.

Wedding and a later a wedding party lasts only one day; Kei's studies, investiture and preparations for Olympic Games are not an obstacle.

I hope that love wins!

Without going as far as a prediction, I would not be surprised by an engagement in the Norwegian royal family in 2020.

The children of Haakon and Martha are still quite Young… do you mean Marius ?

A baby for the Leiningen couple.
Some weddings: Theodora of Greece, Raiyah of Jordan, Beatrice of York, but that is hardly a prediction

So 2020 will be a kind of a gap year

I guessed at once that Tatiana Maria had Martha-Louise and Durek Verrett in mind.

My predictions are as follows:

United Kingdom:
The Dukes of Cambridge await their fourth son.
The Dukes of Sussex await their second son.
Queen Elizabeth II passes more tasks to the Prince of Wales (but does not abdicate).
Princess Eugenie expects her first child.

Luxembourg:
Engagement announcement from Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien.
Guillaume and Stephanie announce that they are expecting their first child.

Monaco:
Albert and Charlene announce that they are expecting their third child.

Spain:
Princess Leonor participates in even more official acts.
More state visits to the Kings of Spain (possible state visit to Luxembourg and state visit to Denmark).

Belgium:
Princess Elisabeth has her first tiara event and appears in more official acts.

Netherlands:
Princess Catharina Amalia finally has more official acts.

Netherlands:
I believe that the Dutch court have been very clear in that Princess Catharina Amalia won't perform any public engagements of her own before she turns 18.

United Kingdom:
The Dukes of Cambridge await their fourth son.
The Dukes of Sussex await their second son.
Queen Elizabeth II passes more tasks to the Prince of Wales (but does not abdicate).
Princess Eugenie expects her first child.

Luxembourg:
Engagement announcement from Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien.
Guillaume and Stephanie announce that they are expecting their first child.

Monaco:
Albert and Charlene announce that they are expecting their third child.

Spain:
Princess Leonor participates in even more official acts.
More state visits to the Kings of Spain (possible state visit to Luxembourg and state visit to Denmark).

Belgium:
Princess Elisabeth has her first tiara event and appears in more official acts.

Netherlands:

I love all your predictions - they are all such happy thoughts.
:flowers:

Here are my predictions:

United Kingdom:
• The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will undertake more public duties, I also think there will be two completely different tours for them next year.
• The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will get pregnant again. A second son will be born for them.
• Eugenie will announce her first pregnancy.
• Queen Elizabeth II will pass more patronages to Prince Charles and Prince William.
• Princess Beatrice will marry her boyfriend sometime mid-spring/late-summer and Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will serve as pageboys and flowergirl.
• We will see more of the Cambridge kiddos.
• Archie will celebrate his first birthday and we will get the cutest photos of him.

Sweden:
• Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will announce their third and last pregnancy. Another son will be born in the second half of the year.
• Princess Madeleine will completely dissapear from Royal Duties. We will only see her for the celebrations of Victoria's birthday or Nobel Prize.
• Prince Oscar will start going to preschool.
• Nothing new for other members of the Royal Family.

Spain:
• Princess Leonor will make more public appearances with her parents.

Luxembourg:
• Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will host a pompastic gala dinner for their 20th anniversary of accession to the throne. Royal Families from around the world will attend it and will bring their most glittering gowns and tiaras along with them.
• Prince Felix and Princess Claire will announce their third pregnancy. Twins (still hoping for them haha) will be born in the end of the year. If not twins, then a little girl named Liliane will join the family.
• Either Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien will announce engagement following a wedding in 2021.
• All members of the Royal Family will attend National Day celebrations.
• Princess Marie-Gabrielle of Nassau will get pregnant with her second child. She will welcome a baby sister for her son Zeno.
• We will see Prince Louis with his new French girlfriend in a gossip magazine.

Monaco:
• Beatrice Borromeo will get pregnant with a daughter.
• Marie Ducruet will announce her first pregnancy.
• Charlotte Casiraghi will get a third son and will give him a strange name.
• All Monaco cuties will attend National Day celebrations, like every year :D.

Belgium:
• We will get to see Princess Elisabeth with her first tiara.
• The King and Queen will make lots of state visits to other countries.

Hannover:
• Prince Christian and Princess Alessandra will welcome a son in the end of the year.

Habsbourg:
• Kathleen will finally get pregnant with a son. She and Imre will name him Karl.

That's it for now. If anything comes to my mind I will definitely share it. :)

UK

-Eugenie and Jack expect their first child
-The Sussexes spend at least half the year living/traveling aboard
-Zara tries to make the olympic team but is unsuccessful.
-One of the Queen's grandchildren will have marriage problems and by the end of the year a separation will be unofficially confirmed by the media.
-Beatrice doesn't marry until the second half of the year, waiting for the York media furor to die down.
-The Queen has more photo-ops with Andrew in a private setting to show her support to him. Though he will remain MIA from official duties.
-The Yorks wil hype up Andrew-Fergie romance rumors to counterattack the view that he is attracted to teen girls.
- The royal family will work hard to put a spotlight on the good work of Anne and the Wessexes to show their worth and value. And to distinguish them as a separate entity from Andrew, show that some younger sibs can be helpful to the BRF.

Monaco

-pregnancy for Beatrice and Pierre
-pregnancy for Louis and Marie
-engagement for Jazmin and Ian.
-The media will start speculating engagement rumors for Alexandra. But she and her boyfriend won't get engaged in 2020.

Last edited:
Hmm. This double posted for some reason...

So with this extra post I'll say I hope AmaliaCharlotte is right about Luxembourg.

Last edited:
My 2cts (I'm notoriously bad at predictions though ? )

Belgium
- P.Elisabeth joins in one or two official representations
- During the year it seems a statement will be issued in the Delphine Boël case, but the statement does not answer any questions and the matter only drags on

GB
- P.Eugenie announces pregnancy
- (well and P.Beatrice gets married but that's not much of prediction ;) )
- Downfall of P.Andrew continues and eventually leads to him laying down all official ranks and representation and in the end virtually ends up a private citizen, this turns out to have a positive side as well, at the end of the year it turns out that Fergie and him have remarried in a private ceremony with just the two of them and their daughters
- Sussexes announce another pregnancy

NL
- no noteworthy change whatsoever
- somewhere during the year an article surfaces in the media trying to stir up discussions about the royal family's wealth and spending; it has no effect (this is pretty much a tradition :lol: )

Monaco
- No Casiraghi pregnancies this year
- P.Stephanie and Caroline and their children continue to support P.Albert and join in a couple of engagements each
- Dynamic between P.Albert and P.Charlene does not change but P.Charlene has a bit more free time on her hands with the twins growing up and going to school to spend on her foundation and causes

Norway
- Relationship between P.Märthe-Louise and Shaman Durek leads to rumours they are going to get married or already are, these are be countered with instagram posts that they are 'spiritually married', everything else is left to the imagination, leading to more speculations

Last edited:
Monaco
P.Charlene does not change but P.Charlene has a bit more free time on her hands

Princess Charlene having even more free time is my favourite prediction so far ;)

^I predict Prince Albert concludes a divorce is in order [having all the legitimate heirs he might need].

The UK
HM The Queen will announce a regency with HRH The Prince of Wales acting as The Prince-Regent

Luxembourg
TRH The Hereditary Grand-Duke and - Duchess will announce to be in blessed circumstances

Monaco
HSH The Princess will temporarily retire from public life

The Netherlands
HRH The Princess of Orange will perform her first official duty

Prussia/Russia
HRH Prince Georg of Prussia ("Georgy Mikhailovich Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia") will announce his engagement to Donna Rebecca Bettarini.

Romania
Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills and his mother HRH Princess Elena take the first steps to a normalisation of their strained relationship. This makes his aunt HRH Princess Margareta happy to re-warm the ties with her nephew.

Norway
Princess Märtha Louise will end her relationship with the "shaman"

Last edited:
I believe that the Dutch court have been very clear in that Princess Catharina Amalia won't perform any public engagements of her own before she turns 18.

Not on her own, but I can see her baptizing a ship or opening a new building in the presence of her parents. Her father did the same before he became 18.

"I baptize you 'The Princess of Orange' and wish you Godspeed and fair winds!"

Bam! (champagne smashing)

Last edited:
I predict both Duchess Kate and Duchess Meghan will announce pregnancies. Beyond that I don't know.

a baby for guillaume and stephanie of luxembourg
another baby for the sussexes
another baby for madeleine and chris
martha louise announces engagement with shaman

Great Britain:
Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston announce they are expecting a baby.

Now we DON'T HAVE TO WAIT TILL 2020 for the happy announcement from the Grand Ducal Court of Luxemburg!

A son for Stephanie and Guillaume.

A daughter for Lady Gabriella Kingston.

Norway: a pair of new shoes for Haakon.

You wish! ?

Haakon immediately passes on to others any footwear that he receives as gifts for Xmas and birthdays. He is a generous man!

Belgium
No tiara appearance for Elisabeth

Denmark
Voices of abdication, but Margrethe finishes her New Year's speech singing
They tried to make me go into retirement
but I said, "no, no, no"

:D

Luxembourg
Girl for Guillaume and Stéphanie

Monaco
Pregnancy for Louis and Marie

Norway
Hakkon takes on regency again after his father goes on a minor medical leave

Spain
Talks of a monarchy/republic referendum will be on the table during negotiations with Catalan separatists
Leonor surprises everyone and speaks in fluent euskara too

Sweden
Madeleine moves back to Sweden

UK
No pregnancy in the main line, yes for Lady Gabriella
Regency announcement
DoE keeps sailing towards 100 years

TBH I also think we will witness a major royal funeral but it's a bit creepy to write it down next to a real person name

Denmark
Voices of abdication, but Margrethe finishes her New Year's speech singing
They tried to make me go into retirement
but I said, "no, no, no"

:D
LOL I love that.

Anyway, to stay on topic, here are my predictions.

Reigning
Britain
  • Beatrice and Edoardo get married
  • A boy for Eugenie and Jack
  • Andrew appears significantly less, if not at all
  • Pregnancy announcement for Harry and Meghan

Japan
  • Kei Komuro finally gets his financial issues sorted out as one step forward to marrying Princess Mako
  • Debate on allowing women in the line of succession and head their own imperial family branches intensifies

Luxembourg
  • A girl for Guillaume and Stephanie (What if they name her Alix after Steph's late mother?)
  • Alexandra enters a relationship, if she doesn't have one yet
  • Sébastien enters a relationship

Monaco
  • Pregnancy announcement for Louis and Marie
  • Pauline enters a relationship
  • Engagement announcement for Jazmin and Ian

Norway
  • Engagement announcement for Märtha Louise and Shaman Durek

Spain
  • Leonor makes more appearances as she prepares her role as future queen
  • Felipe tries to increase support for the monarchy amid a dreaded referendum on the monarchy

UAE (Dubai)
  • Pregnancy announcement for Hamdan and Shaikha

Non-reigning
Albania
  • Pregnancy announcement for Leka and Elia

Brazil
  • Rafael enters a relationship (my money's on a Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen princess)

Greece
  • Theodora and Matthew announce wedding date
  • Philippos and Nina announce wedding date
  • Maria Olympia enters a relationship

Iran
  • Reza encourages more monarchist demonstrations in Iran

Romania
  • Elisabeta Karina enters a relationship

Serbia
  • Peter and Alexander enter relationships
  • Pregnancy announcement for Philip and Danica

Sweden -
Incoming State Visits from Spain, Netherlands and Belgium with lot’s of State Banquets and Tiara appearances after a 2019 almost without any sparkle.

Even more focus on Victorias Family while Carl Philip and Sofia continues with their charity.

Princess Madeleine will only turn up for family celebrations and the Nobel Festivities from now on.

Norway -
Princess Ingrid Alexandra takes on more official duties.

Princess Märtha Louise meets a new boyfriend with a ”normal” job and (finally) ends her controversial relationship with the shaman.

Denmark -
Queen Margrethe celebrates her 80:th Birthday in the typical ”Margrethe-way” with a 3-day Gala.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie decides to settle permanently in France and only goes to Denmark occassionally.

UK -
Charles takes over even more work from The Queen.

The Queen announces a date for when she will trigger the Regency Act and make Charles ”Prince Regent” and in charge of everything while she remains the symbolic Head of State for the rest of her life.

Prince Andrew is forced to stop as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards after the regiment makes it clear for The Queen that they will under no circumstances accept being represented by him.

More focus on Anne, Edward and Sophie to show that they will be in Charles and Camilla’s ”support group”, replacing The Gloucester’s and Kent’s.

Belgium -
King Philippe celebrates his 60:th Birthday low key as usual.

Princess Elisabeth attends her first State Banquet, wearing a tiara we haven’t seen before.

Monaco -
Albert and Charlene appears more together to stop rumours of a divorce.

Thailand -
The King and Queen makes outgoing state visits.

Japan -
The Imperial Couple makes outgoing State visits. Masako feels better and more secure in herself as she is now ”in charge” of the female court.

The troublesome small line of sucession continues to be discussed but without anything of significance happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom