Royal predictions for 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope we don't see a dreaded referendum on the monarchy in Spain as I don't hold out much hope for the Borbons!

Belgium
Elisabeth attends a state banquet in tiara (my guess is her birthday present from nobles worn as tiara)
Denmark
-defo a big 3 day event for Queen M's birthday
-Marie and Joachim move to France longer term creating fuss over appanage
-Alex will loose appanage and take on commercial roles in business (think we already know she said she would give it up when Felix turns 18 which is in 2020)
Luxembourg
-Scandal involving MT and Cour's staff (as we saw this year)
-Tessy releases a book containing details of her time in the family
-Baby girl called Charlotte Alix for Gui and Steph
-Serious relationship for Alex
Monaco
-Even fewer appearances by Charlene leads to (even more) intense speculation about marriage
Netherlands
-Some sort of financial scandal / attempt by media to create a scandal
Norway
-ML and her boyfriend create more headlines. Either she will dump him or announce engagement suddenly
Sweden
-Feel its been a bit too quiet for them so I predict a scandal of some sort which Vic's popularity and humbleness is needed to get RF through
-Baby / pregnancy announcement for CP and S
United Kingdom
-we will see the Queen less and less and it will become clearer Charles is taking over in many ways
-Further scandal for Andrew with official investigations into his Pitch@Palace and or use of official travel causing more headaches
-Beatrice marries in a small private service at the Royal Chapel of All Saints in grounds of Royal Lodge with most pics and insight coming from her celeb friends in attendance
-William and Kate continue to do more and eventually take over Apartment 1 as office and official entertaining space whilst expanding their staff
-Anne and Edward/Sophie get greater focus as they are seen as supporting Charles
-Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra scale back as do Gloucesters

Definitely announced, but for whom?

a baby for guillaume and stephanie of luxembourg
another baby for the sussexes
another baby for madeleine and chris
martha louise announces engagement with shaman

As for the latter...I most certainly hope not!!

Twins for Guillaume and Stephanie!

United Kingdom:

- Sussexes announce new pregnancy.
- Eugenie announces expecting her first baby.
- Cambridges are not expecting fourth child at any point.
- Dust has mostly settled around Andrew and he will not appear much anymore. Beatrice's wedding are during last months of 2020 and it is private event.
- The queen transfer more duties to Charles but she doesn't abdicate.

Spain:

- Princess Leonor has more public duties.
- Juan Carlos has more of health problems.

Belgium:

- Elisabeth gets some public duties.

Monaco:

- Prince and princess of Monaco expect their third child.

Norway:

- Märtha Louise announce engagement with her shaman boyfriend (hopefully I am wrong) and Norweigians are not happy.

Sweden:

- Carl-Philip and Sofia announce expecting third child.
- We will see even lesser Madeleine and she visits only on official events (king's and Victoria's birthday, national day and perhaps on Nobel event).

Japan:

- There is some debate over allowing women enter to Chrysanterium Throne or taking collaretal branches back to imperial line of succession but anything will not change.

Last edited:
Definitely announced, but for whom?

I wouldn't be surprised to have multiple BRF babies in 2020. I fully expect Meghan to be pregnant in the next year and wouldn't be shocked if Eugenie had her own special announcement. And of course Cambridge #4 could happen.

That would be quite a year if all three happened but I will predict at least one.

Predictions 2020:

UK
Princes Charles and William carry more of Queen's load.
Wedding and pregnancy announcement for Beatrice.
Eugenie announces a pregnancy.
Son for Thomas and Gabriella.
Pregnancy for Zara
Illness for Duke of Kent
Illness for Duke of York

Greece
Dual wedding in Greece! - Theodora and Philippos.
Pregnancy for Theodora

Luxembourg
Guillaume and Stephanie have twins - a daughter and a son.

Monaco
Engagement for Jazmin
Engagement for Pauline

Denmark
Frederik increases official engagements

Spain
JC suffers health issues

Belgium:
-first tiara event for Elisabeth and maybe some public duty
-Engagement announcement for Maria Laura or Joachim or both
Denmark:
-More engagements on Fred
-Nikolai and Felix will both be adults so maybe Joachim, Marie and children may move to France permanently
Luxembourg
-Baby girl for Guillaume and Stephanie
-Maybe third pregnancy for Claire
-A significant other for Alexandra
Monaco
-Engagement for Jazmin and Ian
-Baby boy for Louis and Marie
Norway
-Engagement for ML and the shaman, Norwegians are understandably unhappy
UK
-Second pregnancy for Meghan
-Baby girl for Eugenie
-Lowkey wedding for Bea and Edo
- Pregnancy for Lady Gabriella
- Charles become regent but HM Is still very alive and well
-Maybe wedding for Flora Ogilvy and Timothy

Last edited:
Predictions for 2020.
Belgium. First Tiara Event for Elisabeh (maybe during Birthday celebrations in denmark? or incoming royal state visit)
Sweden. 3rd pregnancy for CP Victoria.
3rd pregnancy for P Sofia
Spain. more public events for Leonor, Elena & Victoria
JC suffers health issues
UK. Fourth Baby for DoC
2nd pregnancy for Meghan.
Q.Elizabeth II, P.Charles and Camilla will make a state visit abroad
( i hope im wrong!!) a member of royal family will die.
Maybe an event in honour of the 125th birthday anniversary of late K.George VI
Norway. Less events for King Harald and CP MM due health issues (more events for (Haakon)
Luxembourg. A Girl for HGD Stephanie&Guillaume

(as previously mentioned in some posts i think we can expect a few "big events" in 2020 some other will be not celebrated though. 80th birthday of Q.Margrethe, 60th birthday of E.Naruhito,70th birthday of P.Anne, 20th anniversary for GD Henri and Maria Teresa, 15th anniversary for P.Charles and Camilla. 10th anniversary for Victoria and daniel&their foundation)

Belgium
*Definitely a first tiara event for Elisabeth and I suspect we might get to see her in a tiara purchased especially for her as a beautiful coming of age gift.

Sweden
*Third pregnancy announcement for CP and Sofia. Another boy but not until early 2021.
*No more kids for Victoria and Daniel.
*We won't see much of Madeleine and the children and I think we'll hear rumblings about discord between she and Chris.
*I'm thinking we may see some sort of scandal with the Swedish royals...maybe something with regard to Chris and business.

Denmark
*No abdication but definitely Fred and Mary will continue to step up their work.
*Possibly a few more duties and appearances from Christian and Isabella.
*Joachim and Marie will make the move to France permanent and we'll watch the financial issues around that play out in the press.

Spain
*The future of the monarchy will continue to look bleak but no referendum just yet.
*We'll see them really pushing the Princesses and positive publicity out to the public.
*More health woes for Juan Carlos.
*We'll continue to see headlines about the Queen that imply some unpleasant personality traits.

Luxembourg
*A boy for Guillaume and Stephanie.

Monaco
*Continued rumblings of divorce rumors and marital discord after we see even less of Charlene.
*Possible engagement for Jazmin early in the year with much rumor and speculation regarding the part that her father will play in her wedding.

Norway
*Martha Louise and her boyfriend will announce a sudden engagement and the depth of the family's unhappiness about the situation will become starkly clear.
*Haakon performs more solo engagements due to MM's health.

The Netherlands
*WA and Maxima will continue to dazzle on at least two high profile state visits. Not sure where to just yet.
*We won't see much of CA. I suspect we'll hear, though, about the early stages of a plan for her education over the next few years.
*Even though we won't see much of CA, we might get a speech or statement from her once or twice regarding issues that she's personally decided to take a close interest in. A nice stepping stone, if you will, to her future in public roles.
*Rumblings of health issues for Beatrix.

UK
*Fourth pregnancy for the Cambridges, baby due in late 2020 or early 2021. No thoughts on a boy or girl yet. This one will be their last, though.
*Second pregnancy for the Sussexes, another boy later in the year.
*A very quiet wedding for Bea and Edo in late spring or early summer. Very small and with only a few pictures released.
*Pregnancy announcement in the spring for Eugenie and Jack. A boy in late fall.
*A pregnancy announcement in the summer for Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston. Baby arrives early in 2021.
*We won't see Andrew at all.
*No regency quite yet but a definite uptake in duties for Charles/Camilla and William/Kate.
*The DoE's health continues to decline.
*More activities from Anne/Tim and Edward/Sophie as they prepare to step into the supporting roles for Charles.
*I think we'll see the Sussexes take gigantic steps toward breaking away from the monarchy completely. 2021 might be the year it finalizes but 2020 will show the writing on the wall. They'll focus instead of charity work and initiatives and we may see Meghan attempt to blend her previous career with her new direction in some form.
*No more babies for Peter/Autumn or Zara/Mike.
*I think we'll definitely see rumors of marital discord for one or more of the Queen's grandchildren, though not for Zara/Mike, the Cambridges, or Eugenie/Jack.

***I sadly suspect we might witness the funeral of a senior royal from one or possibly two families, though I certainly hope that won't be the case. It does seem rather morbid to speculate on the possibility even though we all know that no one lives forever.

Last edited:
So far the only prediction that I feel comfortable making is in regards to Princess Martha Louise of Norway and Shaman Durek Verrett. They will secretly fly to Iceland and at Langjökull Glacier Cave, have a close and intimate handfasting ceremony which also includes jumping the broom.

They announce afterwards that they're retreating to an undisclosed location for the forseeable future and devote their time to raising penguins. :D

My predictions only relate to the UK:

1. No more babies for William and Catherine

2. An announcement early in the New Year (around the time the Queen returns from Sandringham) that Harry and Meghan are expecting their second child - so about 18 months between babies - a daughter named Doria-Diana (hyphenated)

3. Towards the end of the year an pregnancy announcement for Eugenie to be born early in 2021- a girl - Elizabeth Mary

4. No wedding for Beatrice and Edo in 2020. They delay it until 2021 in the hope that the Andrew situation is resolved, at least in the legal sense.

5. No appearances at any official functions at all for Andrew (no Trooping or Remembrance Day events) and the girls spend those days with their father showing their support for him.

6. Confirmation of the rift between William and Harry - not rumours but actual confirmation via a comment

7. Charles starts to see some the Ambassadors and High Commissioners when they present their credentials to take more of the work of the Queen off her shoulders (she currently sees about 70 of them per year

8. Meghan attends her first State Dinner and so wears a tiara in public for the second time

9. Charles convinces the Queen to not have as many people on the balcony for Trooping the Colour - other than her own descendants and her HRH cousins no one else appears.

10. Both the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra announce they are retiring from public life due to health issues (The Duke of Kent has already had a stroke a few years ago and Alexandra has had health issues as well).

11. Philip is not seen and rumours continue about deteriorating health even though there has been on such announcement, even of him going to hospital (which it seems he last did in 2018 for a hip replacement). Arrangements continue to be made behind the scenes for how to celebrate his 100th birthday in June 2021 - which will be via a church service at St George's at Windsor as he will refuse to attend any event in London itself and a family sit down dinner also at Windsor.

12. The Queen will host a major reception for Anne for her 70th birthday with representatives of all her charities present

13. Zara misses the Olympic team and announces another pregnancy around the time of her mother's 70th birthday - a boy born in 2021 named Philip Michael

14. Rumours swirl about a young royal couple not living in the same house but no confirmation until 2021 of the separation, with the divorce in 2023.

15. I will probably be wrong on all 14 of them ... as I usually am.

Last edited:
Luxembourg/Liechtenstein/Austria

A girl for Guillaume and Stephanie

Relationship of Louis and Scarlett-Lauren Sirgue will deepen, but no engagement this year.
Engagement and wedding for Prince Constantin of Nassau and Kathryn Mechie
Engagement of Prince Carl-Johan of Nassau and Ivana Yamin
Engagement of Princess Marie-Astrid and Rafe Worthington
Wedding of Archduchess Gabriella and Prince Henri of Bpurbon Parma
Wedding of Archduchess Eleonore of Austria & Jérôme d'Ambrosio

Leiningen:
Wedding of Princess Nadia & Ian Baker
A boy for Hereditary Prince Ferdinand & Hereditary Princess Viktoria Luise

Sayn-Wittgenstein
A girl of Prince Casimir & Princess Alana

United Kingdom:
Pregnancy for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (girl)
Pregnancy for Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank (boy)
Pregnancy for Lady Gabriella & Thomas Kingston (boy)
Wedding for Princess Beatrice of York & Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in St. George's Chapel in Windsor
Wedding for Flora Ogilvy and Timothy Vesterberg

Sweden:
Pregnancy for the Duke and Duchess of Varmland (girl)

Norway:
Princess Martha-Louise breaks up with Shaman.

Belgium:
Engagement of Prince Joachim & Victoria Ortiz-Sagrera
Engagement of Princess Maria-Laura & Alexis Warren

Monaco:
Pregnancy for Louis & Marie Ducruet (girl)
Engagement of Jazmin Grimaldi & Ian Mellencamp

Morocco:
Engagements for Both nephews of the King: Moulays Idris Filali & Yazid Bouchentouff
A girl for Moulay Rachid & his wife

Jordan:
Wedding for Princess Rayiah & Fares Ned Donovan
A girl for Prince Rashid bin Hasan & Princess Zeina
A boy for Zein al-Sharaf al-Kurdi & her husband

Egypt:
A boy for Princess Fawzia-Latifa & her husband

Japan:
Wedding of Princess Mako of Akishino & Kei Komuro
Engagement of Princess Tsuguko of Takamado

Tonga:
Wedding of Hon. Fatafehi Sione Ikamafana Ta’anekinga ‘o Tonga Tuita Tuku'aho and Lanu Faletau
A boy for Lupeolo Halaevalu Tuita & her husband
A boy for Frederica Lupe'uluiva Tuita & her husband

Bhutan:
A girl for the King and Queen

Greece:
Wedding of Princess Theodora & Matthew Kumar and pregnancy later this year (a girl)
Engagement of Prince Philippos & Nina Flohr

Last edited:
Ok, so i've got some more predictions for Luxembourg:

Prince Louis will announce his engagement to Scarlett-Lauren Sirgue.
Hereditary Grand Ducal Couple will welcome a daughter.
Prince Felix will be the godfather of Guillaume's baby.
A lovely photograph of Henri, Maria Teresa and their soon-to-be five grandchilden will be released.

I don't have too many predictions for 2020, but here are mine:

1. Harry and Meghan announce that they are expecting their second baby, and their child, another boy, will be born towards the end of the year (October-December) or early 2021.

2. Eugenie and Jack will announce that they are expecting their first child.

3. Beatrice and Edo's wedding will either be postponed until 2021, when things with the Andrew/Epstein scandal have died down a bit, OR it will be a much smaller, much more private affair than originally planned.

4. Andrew will continue to keep a low profile.

5. The Queen will take a step back in some of her duties, with Charles/Camilla, Anne, Edward/Sophie, and the Cambridges stepping up and taking on greater roles.

6. Harry and Meghan will continue to distance themselves from the Royal Family and royal duties, instead focusing on charitable causes. There will be continued rumors of a rift between William and Harry, and Harry/Meghan and the rest of the family. There will also be continued rumors about Harry, Meghan, Archie (plus possibly another baby) leaving the UK for Canada or the US, where they can continue to build their brand and are under less scrutiny from the public and press.

Wedding and a later a wedding party lasts only one day; Kei's studies, investiture and preparations for Olympic Games are not an obstacle.

I hope that love wins!

I hope you are right! :flowers:

Without going as far as a prediction, I would not be surprised by an engagement in the Norwegian royal family in 2020.

The children of Haakon and Martha are still quite Young… do you mean Marius ?

Why not Märtha Louise and her shaman?

I opted not to include a name since neither possibility would come as a shock to me, though I consider Märtha the more probable one in view of Marius and Juliane being younger than the typical age of marriage for European royalty and Norwegians generally.

Engagement of Princess Maria-Laura & Alexis Warren

Are you certain that they are a couple? Rumors apparently began with the circulation of a photograph of Laura and Alexis at the wedding of Princess Alix of Ligne in 2017, but the author of Royalement Blog subsequently wrote on social media that they were not in a relationship and Alexis de Warren was the partner of another guest at the wedding.

My predictions only relate to the UK:

1. No more babies for William and Catherine

2. An announcement early in the New Year (around the time the Queen returns from Sandringham) that Harry and Meghan are expecting their second child - so about 18 months between babies - a daughter named Doria-Diana (hyphenated)

Considering Harry's hypersensitivity concerning his mother and her demise, this might be the stupidest thing they could do.

3. Towards the end of the year an pregnancy announcement for Eugenie to be born early in 2021- a girl - Elizabeth Mary

I also think Eugenie and Jack will become parents, but (already) in 2020.

4. No wedding for Beatrice and Edo in 2020. They delay it until 2021 in the hope that the Andrew situation is resolved, at least in the legal sense.

5. No appearances at any official functions at all for Andrew (no Trooping or Remembrance Day events) and the girls spend those days with their father showing their support for him.

6. Confirmation of the rift between William and Harry - not rumours but actual confirmation via a comment

7. Charles starts to see some the Ambassadors and High Commissioners when they present their credentials to take more of the work of the Queen off her shoulders (she currently sees about 70 of them per year

8. Meghan attends her first State Dinner and so wears a tiara in public for the second time

9. Charles convinces the Queen to not have as many people on the balcony for Trooping the Colour - other than her own descendants and her HRH cousins no one else appears.

10. Both the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra announce they are retiring from public life due to health issues (The Duke of Kent has already had a stroke a few years ago and Alexandra has had health issues as well).

11. Philip is not seen and rumours continue about deteriorating health even though there has been on such announcement, even of him going to hospital (which it seems he last did in 2018 for a hip replacement). Arrangements continue to be made behind the scenes for how to celebrate his 100th birthday in June 2021 - which will be via a church service at St George's at Windsor as he will refuse to attend any event in London itself and a family sit down dinner also at Windsor.

12. The Queen will host a major reception for Anne for her 70th birthday with representatives of all her charities present

13. Zara misses the Olympic team and announces another pregnancy around the time of her mother's 70th birthday - a boy born in 2021 named Philip Michael

14. Rumours swirl about a young royal couple not living in the same house but no confirmation until 2021 of the separation, with the divorce in 2023.

Agree, and it's a couple that evokes mixed reactions.

15. I will probably be wrong on all 14 of them ... as I usually am.

But it's fun to speculate ;)

Last edited:
my prediction for 2020 is all babies -

A baby for Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank
A baby for Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston. I'm hoping they want to start a family soon; Lady Gabriella turns 39 years in 4 months.
Baby #4 for Kate and Prince William.
Later part of the year, an announcement for Baby #2 for Meghan and Prince Harry to be born 2021.

Stories, completely fabricated, about Meghan and Harry not living together at Frogmore Cottage and their being on the verge of separation and divorce, have been around on anti-Meghan websites on the Internet, Tumblr sites etc for months now.
So hardly surprising that they pop up here as 'predictions'.

My predictions for 2021/2022 is that the Sussexes will still be together, with another baby born in 2020 and as happy together as they have always been.

Last edited:
A boy for HGDs Gui/Stephanie and Louis starts dating someone.

Pregnancy announcement late summer/fall for The Sussexes and perhaps The Brooksbanks. Outside odds on a pregnancy for the Cambridges (I think William really had to be talked into #3 so my guess he's not super keen on the idea of 4).

Beatrice/Edo marry in summer ..at St George's.

No new announcements from Sweden...I think all the Royal Couples are finished with having children.

New King of Norway

Nothing new in Denmark

Delphine is finally acknowledged as the biological child of Albert II

Nothing new in Spain, Monaco or the Netherlands.

Stories, completely fabricated, about Meghan and Harry not living together at Frogmore Cottage and their being on the verge of separation and divorce, have been around on anti-Meghan websites on the Internet, Tumblr sites etc for months now.
So hardly surprising that they pop up here as 'predictions'.

My predictions for 2021/2022 is that the Sussexes will still be together, with another baby born in 2020 and as happy together as they have always been.

We'll see about that, but that's not for here. Different people, different predictions ;)

A boy for HGDs Gui/Stephanie and Louis starts dating someone.

Pregnancy announcement late summer/fall for The Sussexes and perhaps The Brooksbanks. Outside odds on a pregnancy for the Cambridges (I think William really had to be talked into #3 so my guess he's not super keen on the idea of 4).

Beatrice/Edo marry in summer ..at St George's.

No new announcements from Sweden...I think all the Royal Couples are finished with having children.

New King of Norway

Nothing new in Denmark

Delphine is finally acknowledged as the biological child of Albert II

Nothing new in Spain, Monaco or the Netherlands.

*That* I would really hope for her.

Also babies for:
Nicolae and Alina-Maria of Romania
Leka and Elia of Albania
Aglae von Baden and Wolf von Trotha

The Royal Bristish Firm will have problems to solve which started already this year .
Not easy for the Prince of Wales.

UK
Second pregnancy for Harry & Meghan - A daughter Elizabeth Doria Frances
Gabriella & Tom announce a pregnancy - A daughter Marina Christina Alexandra
Eugenie & Jack have a son - Phillip Ronald Andrew
Kate & William welcome a second daughter Victoria Elizabeth Diana

UK
> The Queen reduces her workload further, but continues to be well and active.

> C&C, W&K effectively continue to be the 4 main players in "The Firm" as they continue to step up their game.

> No further children for the Cambridges

> The Andrew saga continues to cause pain. Things will get worse before they get better.

> Harry & Meghan continue to have a difficult relationship with the British media, and continue to focus their efforts on the North American media, celebrities and the like. They appear less and less with the BRF, and relations continue to deteriorate. Another pregnancy announcement for Meghan

Denmark
> QM II reduces her work load somewhat, but continues to be very visible

> Joachim and Marie potentially announce intention to stay in France longer term

Monaco
> Charlene is seen even less in public than she currently is

Norway
> Health issues for the King and the Crown Princess continue to worsen. Hakon is effectively a one man army for most of the year.

Japan
> The new Emperor and Empress make a great start to their reign

> There is increasing talk of changing laws of succession to allow a female monarch, but the process ends up taking a few years. The Crown Prince is not happy!

Luxembourg
> A healthy baby in the spring for G&S
> G&S appear happier and more confident in their roles going forward

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom