Romantic Royals?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Haakon and Mette-Marit are the most romantic. Philippe & Mathilde and Felipe & Letizia are very romantic too.

LaMinka said:
I think Haakon and Mette-Marit are the most romantic. Philippe & Mathilde and Felipe & Letizia are very romantic too.

I think all of the Crown Prince/Crown Princess couples are very romantic with each other, but probably Haakon and Mette-Marit seem the most romantic of all.

For me, the most romantic couple are Felipe&Letizia and Infanta Christina with Iñaki Urdangarín.

For me it was Caroline and Stefano

Crown Princess Mary & Crown Prince Frederik :)

Just see how sweet they were at their wedding..
Fred crying.. and that lovely speech he helt ;)
to sweet and romantic for words..

This top 10 is my personal opinion about the most romantic royals

1. TRH Crownprince Frederik & Crownprincess Mary (Denmark)
2. TRH The Prince & Princess of Asturias (Spain)
3. TRH Crownprince Haakon & Crownprincess Mette-Marit (Norway)
4. TRH The Prince of Orange & Princess Maxima (The Netherlands)
5. TRH The Duke & Duchess of Brabant (Belgium)
6. TIRH Prince Lorenz & Princess Astrid (Belgium/Austria)
7. TM King Abdullah II & Queen Rania (Jordan)
8. TRH Prince Laurent & Princess Claire (Belgium)
9. TRH The Prince & Princess of Tirnovo (Bulgaria)
10. TRH Crownprince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah & Crownprincess Sarah (Brunei)

Last edited:
all time favourites:beatrix and claus (after so many years they still looked so much in love)

also:
cristina and inaki
mathilde and philippe
marie therese and henri
marilene and maurits
willem and maxima

Re:

Beatrix and Klaus rank pretty highly with me, but I think the most romantic couple are Frederik and Mary and after them, Charles and Camilla. Maybe it's because they've waited so long but they seem to be so much in love that it really does show whenever they appear together.

Most Romantic Royal Male/Female

Who do you think is 'The' most romantic royal male and female?

I think that is a lot of royal couples very romantics:
Albert and Paola
Margrethe and Henrik
Juan Carlos and Sofia (sometimes.... :p )
Frederik and Mary
Willem-ALexander and Maxima
Felipe and Letizia
Haakon and Mette-Marit

But i don't know who is THE most romantic man and woman...

Juanita, I think it is beautiful that you can't narrow it down to one male and one female. I guess these are very romantic times...:D :D

Freedom said:
Juanita, I think it is beautiful that you can't narrow it down to one male and one female. I guess these are very romantic times...:D :D
It's difficult to choose, you know??
Because all of they are romantics wich one on their way and they love each other but some of them don't show their emotions and their fellings... ;)

...JuAnItA... said:
It's difficult to choose, you know??
Because all of they are romantics wich one on their way and they love each other but some of them don't show their emotions and their fellings... ;)

Juanita, You made a great point!! :)

Therefore, if I may, I'd like to modify this question to say:
"Who do you think is 'The' most outwardly visible romantic royal male and female?"

The most romantic couple to me is : Prince Phillipe and Princess Mathilde , they sooooooo cute toward each other :)

Without hesitation : King Harald of Norway . He fought for ten years to be able to marry Sonja and he said that if he could't get her, he wouldn't ever marry anyone else . That's true romantism ...:rolleyes: :) :) :)

Anita said:
Without hesitation : King Harald of Norway . He fought for ten years to be able to marry Sonja and he said that if he could't get her, he wouldn't ever marry anyone else . That's true romantism ...:rolleyes: :) :) :)

That would make a great movie! :)

Frederik and Mary, Phillipe and Mathilde, Cristina and Iñaki, Felipe and Letizia

Maxima & Willem Alexander
Cristina & Inaqui
Mary & Frederick

I'm going to say Rainier and Grace, not only for their longevity as a couple but also for the glamour factor of a royal marrying a movie star. Also, Rainier really seemed to be completely lost (for lack of a better word) after Grace's death, and I believe he loved her til the day he died.:(

Anita said:
I think it is true love, Love and romance may sometimes not correlate, ie:you can be in love with someone and not be romantic, as it is not always everyones nature to be so, and vice versa, someone can have a really romantic nature, but not be really in love.

i don't think it's that "easy" to claim which is which more romantic.
in the years, looking at pictures of royals,.. i can honestly say there's 2 type : those who likes to show their affections in public, and those who prefer to keep it private.

Frederik & Mary certainly shows how in-love they are with their many many kisses in front of public. yes, they're modern and youthful, and i think that's a good thing.

WA & Maxima certainly on different occasions show how affection they are to one another, not lots of kisses, but their gestures tell all.

I particulary adore Haakon & Mette-Marit. it seems they can adjust themselves to show their affections. sometimes, they're not afraid to kiss in public (like they did in london back in 2002/2003), but lots of time we see them kissing in private but photographed (like when they're holidaying in brazil). Their gestures tells all too.. i like back when MM's pregnant with IA, Haakon sort of just hug her from behind and hold her belly (?). they seems so sincere and not 'over the top', just perfect.

As for those who doesn't show their "romanticness" too often in public, it's certainly not a bad thing. Look at Philippe & Mathilde! yes, they didn't do that big kiss on their wedding balcony, but look at them now. even more in love than they ever been. Philippe's gestures toward Mathilde is so affectionate and sweet.. shy shy but you can see how in love they are.

The same goes for Felipe & Letizia.. i particularly adore them when you see how they seem to manage holding hands or just looking adoringly towards one another, even on official events. Day by day, growing more in love and caring...You can see they're not only loving, but seem to grow respect to each other. Their eyes & looks somewhat describe how they feel.

and that's just some of the crownprincely couples... i'm also fond on how Cristina & Inaki seems so compatible and grew more in love by days (look at how adoringly Inaki kisses Cristina's forehead when they left memorial for madrid bombings), then there's Laurent & Claire (possesive and sincere... that's what i see from them), Pavlos & Marie-Chantal (although lots questions them, but look now, 10 years after their marriage, and grow more 'n'sync' each day), and how about the Dutch couples, talk about Constantijn & Laurentien, Maurits & Marilene, Bernhard & Annette... just wow.. they're clearly romantic.

So, i really don't think, just because couples don't do that public kiss or what-so-ever, that they're not romantic. it's just different for each couples... :) :) ;)

Anita said:

really, anita? wow.. i just heard this...
well, if that's the case, Like Father Like Son.. as i recall Haakon also faught to marry Mette-Marit :) :)

purple_platinum said:
As for those who doesn't show their "romanticness" too often in public, it's certainly not a bad thing. Look at Philippe & Mathilde! yes, they didn't do that big kiss on their wedding balcony, but look at them now. even more in love than they ever been. Philippe's gestures toward Mathilde is so affectionate and sweet.. shy shy but you can see how in love they are.

Spot on. They are my pick too. It's in the eyes. The way they look at each other.

King Harold of Norway and Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands: Both fought long and hard to get their loves accepted.

Wow! I never heard about King Harold waiting ten years to marry Queen Sonja...that's love! Does anyone know their story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom