Most Popular Prince / Princess?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have discussed that before. Generally speaking, specialized media in continental Europe (for example, some French-language magazines) tend to cover even obscure or non-reigning royal families as well as noble families, so people who follow royalty and nobility are likely to be acquainted with them.

B

The British RF, however, is the only one I can think of that has a truly global following, not only because the Anglosphere (the Commonwealth plus the United States) is such a big percentage of the international media market, but also because British royals also get a lot of coverage in other regions too like the Middle East, East Asia (Japan, Korea, China), Latin America, and continental Europe in general. So being a senior British prince or princess will always give one an upper-hand in the popularity contest compared to other royals, at least as far as visibility is concerned.

yes that is my point. Diana had global appeal becuase of her special charm and becuase she was part of the BRF.. and Caroline had some appeal because seh was the daughter of an American film star - so in the English speaking world, she and Grace were well known...

yes that is my point. Diana had global appeal becuase of her special charm and becuase she was part of the BRF.. and Caroline had some appeal because seh was the daughter of an American film star - so in the English speaking world, she and Grace were well known...

I think Grace was more well known on the global stage than Caroline ever will be even during her popular years. In terms of global appeal its hands down Diana and Grace during their time. Now its Kate and Meghan.

I think Grace was more well known on the global stage than Caroline ever will be even during her popular years. In terms of global appeal its hands down Diana and Grace during their time. Now its Kate and Meghan.

obviously Grace was better known as a former actress - and Caroline IMO was mainly known because she (a) was half American and G's daughter (b) she had a bit of a wild love life and (c) was one of the few princesses on the European scene at the time who was known to UK and Americans and generally in the English speaking media.... In hte 80s, Diana was more popular, Grace had died.. so all that there was, was Caroline..
There were a few other royal women at the time, in the 70s and 80s but not many and they had mainly local appeal....

obviously Grace was better known as a former actress - and Caroline IMO was mainly known because she (a) was half American and G's daughter (b) she had a bit of a wild love life and (c) was one of the few princesses on the European scene at the time who was known to UK and Americans and generally in the English speaking media.... In hte 80s, Diana was more popular, Grace had died.. so all that there was, was Caroline..
There were a few other royal women at the time, in the 70s and 80s but not many and they had mainly local appeal....

Yep this is true. Diana really took over in the 80s/90s and even today its crazy but it makes sense since not only her character but she was part of the most famous royal family.

Grace too popular and beloved. Is it me or did her fashion/style really took a hit after she became a princess? Princess Grace is not the style icon but film actress Grace is.

Is it me or did her fashion/style really took a hit after she became a princess? Princess Grace is not the style icon but film actress Grace is.

There's a difference between starring in Hollywood and playing to the crowds versus trying to be the respectable wife of a sovereign, especially when the rest of Europe's royalty have already scorned you for being an actress, and not nearly good enough for them.

I think Princess Grace wanted to be demure and classy. Stylish was further down the list.

Besides, having your wedding dress STILL be iconic has got to count for something.

Quite a few guys I dated in the 80's had a crush on Princess Caroline. Including one I almost married.

None of them...not even a single one...liked Diana or found her sexually alluring.

The reverse was true of my female friends. Caroline was gorgeous and unattainable. They found Diana more relatable due to her personal pathos and unhappy marriage. They also loved her fashion sense as did I.

I found Diana at her most beautiful and appealing at announcement of her engagement and in the leadup to her wedding. Afterwards when she became very thin the "magic" was gone. The size of her nose seemed to be emphasized.:ermm:

I completely agree that Paola of Belgium more than rivaled Grace for beauty and style in the 1960's.

Paola and Grace...along with Jackie Kennedy and Elizabeth Taylor, completely DOMINATED the magazine and tabloid covers of the 1960's.

I agree with the bolded part, her skin was also a bit sun damaged in her later years which made her look older.

There's a difference between starring in Hollywood and playing to the crowds versus trying to be the respectable wife of a sovereign, especially when the rest of Europe's royalty have already scorned you for being an actress, and not nearly good enough for them.

I think Princess Grace wanted to be demure and classy. Stylish was further down the list.

Besides, having your wedding dress STILL be iconic has got to count for something.

Yep that makes sense. She was still elegant and stylish and of course her iconic wedding dress :) Just that even Paola during the 60s looked effortless chic and stylish. Another thing that added to Grace's popularity was she was well- mannered and very kind. I watched videos of her interviews as a princess being mobbed by the press but she was still kind and gracious. It makes me believe all those who have met her say she was very kind.

I remember that from the 1950s to the 1980s, the princesses of the House of Savoy were very popular in Italy. How popular are they in other countries? Are they famous or are they just popular in Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, France and Mexico?

:previous: On the subject of Continental princesses, Beatrice Borromeo Casiraghi is, in my opinion, in her own league for beauty and elegance.

Kate and Meghan can't touch her....not even close.

But there is no doubt in my mind who could sell the most magazine covers in the US or maybe even on the Continent.

Not Beatrice!:whistling:

The same for her husband Pierre. Harry Sussex is a rough edged schoolboy in comparison. But Harry sells.

Last edited:
:previous: On the subject of Continental princesses, Beatrice Borromeo Casiraghi is, in my opinion, in her own league for beauty and elegance.

But there is no doubt in my mind who could sell the most magazine covers in the US or maybe even on the Continent.

The same for her husband Pierre. Harry Sussex is a rough edged schoolboy in comparison. But Harry sells.
Yes to Beatrice! Gorgeous lady and intelligent too! I adore her fashion style its so classy! Armani and Valentino make the bulk of her public outfits. Just saying Beatrice isn't a princess!

:previous: She is a born aristocrat....descended from princes, popes...with a lineage that stretches back to medieval/ Renaissance Italy.

Works for me.

Yep this is true. Diana really took over in the 80s/90s and even today its crazy but it makes sense since not only her character but she was part of the most famous royal family.

Grace too popular and beloved. Is it me or did her fashion/style really took a hit after she became a princess? Princess Grace is not the style icon but film actress Grace is.

I've no idea, since Im not interested in style icons....

Grace style "swag" took a hit after her wedding because she was very conscious, almost painfully so...that she was leaving a Hollywood milieu and entering a very conservative very aristocratic very Catholic one.

In other words she was trying in her own way to fit in to a society that she knew looked down on her.

Grace style "swag" took a hit after her wedding because she was very conscious, almost painfully so...that she was leaving a Hollywood milieu and entering a very conservative very aristocratic very Catholic one.

In other words she was trying in her own way to fit in to a society that she knew looked down on her.

I think that Grace always looked appropriate for her milieu and in hte 1950s Hollywood, she was elegant and ladylike in her dress. was there really so much of a change when she married Rainier?

:previous: I believe so. It was not a dramatic shift...but she did become more a little matronly and less "glam" in her appearance.

:previous: I believe so. It was not a dramatic shift...but she did become more a little matronly and less "glam" in her appearance.

Yeah it changed minimally but at least she was known for her work on behalf of Monaco.

I prefer Kate & Meghan's beauty and elegance than Beatrice.
In my opinion Meghan is the most beautiful of the three, after her Kate and third Beatrice. For me Beatrice is pretty, attractive but not a beauty, in my opinion Meghan is a beauty, not classic beauty, but very beautiful expecially in her acting years and today: beautiful face, beautiful smile, dark eyes, wonderful hair and perfect complexion.
Beatrice is very elegant but she is too cold, she is quite "icy". For popularity I agree. She didn't sell magazine covers too much, because she isn't so popular in any country, also in her country of origin, Italy, she isn't still popular and she is italian!
I think Monaco princely family today isn't so popular like in the past: in my opinion Grimaldi family is at the same level of Royal House of Savoy: popular in local countries (Monaco, France, quite Italy) but not worldwide. British Royal Family is very popular all around the world.

In my opinion Meghan is the most beautiful of the three, after her Kate and third Beatrice. For me Beatrice is pretty, attractive but not a beauty, in my opinion Meghan is a beauty, not classic beauty, but very beautiful expecially in her acting years and today: beautiful face, beautiful smile, dark eyes, wonderful hair and perfect complexion.
Beatrice is very elegant but she is too cold, she is quite "icy". For popularity I agree. She didn't sell magazine covers too much, because she isn't so popular in any country, also in her country of origin, Italy, she isn't still popular and she is italian!
I think Monaco princely family today isn't so popular like in the past: in my opinion Grimaldi family is at the same level of Royal House of Savoy: popular in local countries (Monaco, France, quite Italy) but not worldwide. British Royal Family is very popular all around the world.
Love your opinion! To me Beatrice has the best style of the 3. I agree with Monaco. It was really popular globally and taken seriously during Grace's time but sadly not anymore.

That's interesting and further underscores my conviction that beauty is very subjective.

Beatrice is gorgeous. Meghan is beautiful. Kate is pretty.

But for sophistication, elegance and je ne sais quoi glamour? Beatrice all the way. The other two simply don't even register imo.

Charlotte Casirghi is out of this world. Love her.

:previous: I agree . However, Charlotte seems to have peaked physically between the ages of 18 to about 30.

She has gradually been losing something of her allure...I don't know if it's down to weight loss or environmental factors.

But...she is still striking and is the most beautiful member of an extraordinarily beautiful family...second only to her sister-in-law Beatrice.

:previous: I agree . However, Charlotte seems to have peaked physically between the ages of 18 to about 30.

She has gradually been losing something of her allure...I don't know if it's down to weight loss or environmental factors.

But...she is still striking and is the most beautiful member of an extraordinarily beautiful family...second only to her sister-in-law Beatrice.

Possibly the most beautiful of any European royals? Obviously beauty in the eye of the beholder, but her looks seem to be the text book definition of beauty haha

That's interesting and further underscores my conviction that beauty is very subjective.

Beatrice is gorgeous. Meghan is beautiful. Kate is pretty.

But for sophistication, elegance and je ne sais quoi glamour? Beatrice all the way. The other two simply don't even register imo.

Do you think its because she is Italian? Italian's have style!!

Beatrice is Continental European. She seems to have been born sophisticated and elegant. She doesn't even need to try.

Beatrice is Continental European. She seems to have been born sophisticated and elegant. She doesn't even need to try.

I've been loving her style esp on Monaco National Day. She is always well put. Modern but classic and elegant overall. I need princesses of today to be dressed like her :flowers:

Possibly the most beautiful of any European royals? Obviously beauty in the eye of the beholder, but her looks seem to be the text book definition of beauty haha

Not at all. I find Charlotte quite ordinary.
There are Royals women much more beautiful than Charlotte.

In my lifetime Diana. She was the one who first got me interested in royals back when I watched her wedding.

Back
Top Bottom