Monarchies You Want To Learn More About

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishRoyalist

Courtier
City
Somewhere
Country
United States
What are Three of the Current World Royal Families And Three of the World Former Royal Families You want to learn more about?

I know most about the British Royal Family then any current and former Royal Families. The British Monarch is what got me interested in Monarchy, Royalty, etc. I have read a lot, Researched, and watched a lot of Documentaries and movies on them. After I came to this site Other Royal Families both current and Former have grab my attention .

For me the Three current Royal Families I want to learn about are:
Netherlands
Sweden
Japan

And the Three Former Royal Families that I want to learn more about are:
France
Russia
Germany

The former German and Russian Family I especially want to learn more about in the month ahead because of their History and Family Toes with The British Royal Family.

Until I came unto this site, I had no idea how many royals there are in the world. I've read a lot of books about royalty (mostly British royalty)and have seen a few movies here and there.

I don't know if such a book exist but it would be interesting if there was a book or Encyclopedia of Royalty which would have a brief history of the royal family. There probably are books out there about other royals besides British or Monaco but you don't find them in the US or they are difficult to find.

I know that I was very curious as to what happened to the Russian Royals who survived the Revolution. If you read the history books, you would have assumed that the entire Russian Royalty was wiped out but this was not the case. Some of them escaped. Other lived outside of Russia.

I had the same question about French Royals. Not all of them were killed during the French Revolution but in the history books you would almost think that this was the case (the way it was written).

Royalty forums answered these questions. There is a lot of detail to this. Would probably like to know more about these two royal households as the history is interesting especially the ones that escaped.

The three current monarchies (and principalities) that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Jordanian Royal Family
2. The Princely Family of Liechtenstein
3. The Ruling Family of Dubai

There are other current monarchies that I'd like to learn more about as well; such as the Imperial Family of Japan, the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and the Moroccan Royal Family.

The three former monarchies that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Imperial Family of Russia
2. The Imperial Family of Austria
3. The Greek Royal Family

I would also like to learn more about the Prussian and French Royal Families.

Last edited:
The three current monarchies that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Royal Family of Belgium.

2. The Imperial Family of Japan.

3. The Princely Family of Liechtenstein.

The three former monarchies that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Royal Family of France (the House of Orleans, the legitimate heirs to the Throne).

2. The Imperial Family of Russia (and I regard Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna as the true Head of the Imperial House).

3. The Royal Family of Romania.

I know many things about the Royal Family of Portugal and the Imperial Family of Brazil, but it's always good to learn new things.

Of the current Royal Houses,The Dutch,Danish and Swedish families.

I'd love to read more on the Royal Houses of Navarre,that medieval kingdom really had some interesting monarchs.I'd also love to know more on the Imperial House of Hapsburg and the kingdom of Hungary.

The three current Monarchies I would love to learn about: Danish, Dutch and the Swedish (I hold the most interest in learning about the Swedish mostly).

Past Monarchies:
The Russian Royal family
The house of Hapsburg
The Greek Royal Family

Of current interest me most is Spain, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Japan. But now I'm also interested in from Morocco.

The former I care a lot about the Portugal, Austria and Greece.

Current monarchies :

- United Kingdom
- Denmark
- Morocco

Past monarchies :

- Austria
- Russia
- France ("ancien régime")

Current monarchies:
Sweden
Liechtenstein
The Netherlands

Past monarchies:
Hungary
Portugal
France

As I've been mostly a stick-in-the-mud and only really knew about the British Royal Family before joining TRF, over time I have gradually been drawn to seeking out more information on other monarchies. My top three:

Current

Denmark
Thailand
Sweden

Past

Pharaonic Egypt
Sumer
Assyria

I know nothing about the monarchies and sultanates of my region, such as Thailand, Malaysia etc unfortunately, but hope to learn more.

I have learned so much here about other monarchies, but I have a soft spot for the Scandinavian ones, so they are a focus of interest.

The three current monarchies in the Chittagong Hill Tracts:

Chakma Circle
Bohmong Circle
Mong Circle

The reigning Monarchies that I would want to learn more about would have to be the British, Spanish and Danish monarchies.

As for the non-reigning ones, I'd want to learn more about the Russian and Greek ones.

Current monarchies :
- United Kingdom (Queen, Cambridge, Sussex, etc.)
- Belgium
- Spain

Past monarchies :
- Italy (Savoy House)
- Russia
- France

Not reigning Houses:
- Hesse
- Aga Khan dynasty
- Furstenberg and Hoenhlohe

Status
Not open for further replies.