Interracial Royal Couples

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hania

Aristocracy
hey guys.how many of the royals have partners of colour.this pic is of lady gabriella windsor and her partner/boyfriend, Aatish Paseer .it is so refreshing to see that so many of them are meeting people outside their circles.i also know that Prince maxmillian of Liechenstein wife is African American(Angela Brown).Prince Joachim of Denmark wife is from Hong Kong,however that union has come to a sad end,unfortunately.

Prince Albert has been reported to have a girlfriend of African Origins.And I am sure Lady Windsor, above has a sister who recently married a native of Austrailian or New Zealand.I am extremely proud of them for being different.In fact there was a article about a month ago that quoted the Princess of windsor declaring that the house of windsor has a order in place that prevent any british royal from marrying a non christian, or something -i am not so sure about it but!

Last edited by a moderator:
hania said:
And I am sure Lady Windsor, above has a sister who recently married a native of Austrailian or New Zealand.
Not her sister; her second cousin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know one of the princes of Lietchenstein married an African American woman. His name escapes me at the moment.

I know one of the princes of Lietchenstein married an African American woman. His name escapes me at the moment.
Is Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein who is marry with Angela Brown, an african-american woman. They have a son: Prince Alfons.

ally_cooper said:
Is Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein who is marry with Angela Brown, an african-american woman. They have a son: Prince Alfons.
what I understand she is from south america, panama or something like that

Josefine said:
what I understand she is from south america, panama or something like that
She is from Panama. There are also

princess maxima

Grand Dutchess Maria Teresa

Crown princess Palvos

I think I mention Princess Maxima, but someone said she didn't count. Go figure.

The Queen's Cousin, Lord Lescelles (something like that) married a black women.

sky said:
She is from Panama. There are also

princess maxima

Grand Dutchess Maria Teresa

Crown princess Palvos
if your ancestors are from south america it is almost impossible not to have a bit of a colourful background.

statistically there is not a dutch person without a bit of spanish blood in them (the spaniards were here for 80 years)

if your ancestors came with the mayflower to america you are sure to have a bit of american indian blood.

My mother is from greece and one particular summer, when there was tension between greece and turky I told astonished relatives that since the turks had been in greece for 400 year there was not a single greek without a bit of turkish blood. (The response was, noo the turks were very strict and did not allow their men to make love to greek women)

Could one clarify which cousin from the lascelles family married a black woman? Merci!

I think that maxima will count becos she herself was quoted as saying that her heritage was latin and most argentians are classified as non whites or mixed hertiages.

Interracial royal couples

i'm doing a project for my social studies class about the acceptance of interracial couples, and i wanted to focus on famous people for one section

could you list any interracial royals/when they got married?

i tried searching online and i found Prince Maximillian and Princess Angela, Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, as well as QEII's cousin Hon. James Lascelles and his Nigerian wife

are there any others, living or dead?

much appreciated!! :)

you might be able to count the crown prince and princess of brunei. the crown princess is half swedish. i know that isn't very sugnificant but it is how much alexandra is chinese.

Actually the crown princess of brunei is half swiss. I would like to know more of this lascelles guy.

Popsicle, Hon. James Lascelles isn't royal he is just the Queen's cousin. If you still want to consider such cases there is also another one of the Queen's distant cousin, Martin David Lascelles he married a Jamaican woman Charmaine Christine Eccleston in 1999.

Depending on your culture you could also technically call the marriage between Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Grand Duke Henri, Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander an interracial marriage.

There are lots of other interracial marriages in non-reigning royal houses.

Alisa.....Isn't interracial a marriage between 2 different races? Maxima and W should be intercultural. Same I think for Maria Teresa

do you have examples and pictures of the other interracial couples?

not too long ago, I was having a conversation with an american about race and the way that in the States, even with one drop of black blood, you are considered black. that's pretty much the only country where we categorize so much people. In any case,....

Cheers

Alisa said:
Prince Albert's cousing Christian de Massy is interracially married

Off the top of my head, there are also two minor Hapsburg royals, one is married to an Asian woman and the other to an African woman.

Unfortunately I have no pictures.

I've found a picture (courtesy of Henri van Oene) of the Count Ferdninand of Hapsburg and his wife Countess Mary Nyanut. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• Count Ferdinand and Countess Maryvonhabsburg.jpg
    Count Ferdinand and Countess Maryvonhabsburg.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 3,433
Princess Sarvath and Prince Hassan
King Hussein and Princess Muna
King Hussein and Queen Noor (tho she is half labenese, so I don't know if this'd be considered interracial, but...anyway)

Is there an age difference here? Can you give more info about this.

Alisa said:
I've found a picture (courtesy of Henri van Oene) of the Count Ferdninand of Hapsburg and his wife Countess Mary Nyanut. I hope that helps.

The Countess is 13 days older.

Their information from an online Gotha:

"[size=-1] Ferdinand Leopold Joseph Gf von Habsburg, b.Geneva 14 Jul 1969; m.Nairobi 28 Aug 1999 Mary Nyanut Ring Machar [Maciar?] (b.Wau, Sudan 1 Jul 1969)[/size]

[size=-1]Children: - Luisa Aluel (b.Nairobi 3 Aug 2000)[/size] [size=-1]- László (b.2002)"[/size]

The last king of Himalaya' Sikkim kingdom used to marry an American woman ( I'll try to find the old article). Sikkim kingdom was took over by Indian state and they abolish the royal kingdom (correct me if I am wrong)

Sikkim

galuhcandrakirana said:
The last king of Himalaya' Sikkim kingdom used to marry an American woman ( I'll try to find the old article). Sikkim kingdom was took over by Indian state and they abolish the royal kingdom (correct me if I am wrong)
HH the Maharaja (or King) Palden Thondup Namgyal of Sikkim married in 1963 Hope Cook, who was American (born in San Francisco). They were divorced in 1978/9.

Sikkim was incorporated into the Indian state in 1975. Indira Gandhi was no friend of traditional rulers, even in nominally independent neighbouring states.

I think that one of the daughters of the Duke of Glouchester is married to someone of different racial origins, I'm not sure.

karima said:
Alisa.....Isn't interracial a marriage between 2 different races? Maxima and W should be intercultural. Same I think for Maria Teresa

do you have examples and pictures of the other interracial couples?
Which is why I think she said "depending on your culture". Formally, Latins are White, but some countries make a sub categories. Haven't ever heard about 'Latin races?'. I know I did.
If British aristocrats count, there is that horrible story of the Earl of Shaftesbury, who made an interracial marriage with Djamilia M'Barek (Dutch-Tunisian)

Attachments

• _40542025_shaftesbury_203x250.jpg
    _40542025_shaftesbury_203x250.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,789
auntie said:
I think that one of the daughters of the Duke of Glouchester is married to someone of different racial origins, I'm not sure.
Her husband is Kiwi.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is a Kiwi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom