If You Were A Royal?!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I were royal I would at least try to somehow have a normal life but I would need to obey royal protocol and be graceful and have all the duties that come with being royal but then again I would get nice clothes and beautiful jewels and live in a beautiful palace like amalienborg.

If I were a royal, I'd pick the Swedish or Dutch Royal family- why? The jewels of course!

:writing: If I were a Royal, I would send a little postcard to Tilla.

Well if I were a royal I would probably travel a lot, would do a lot of charities but I would try to stay as underground as possible. I hate it when people take photo's of me and being bothered by others (paparazzi). And to be honest with you yes I would get an own stylist, an hairdresser, someone who does my make up and all those other perks. But I would try to do something back

Well to be truthful I think at first I would flaunt it. That sounds bad but if I became Royal over night that's what I would do. Sorry. I would travel the world. Meeting all the other Royals in the world. I would have a palace built on each coast and in DC. I would have to have Royal jewels and crowns made. Have to have a person to help me dress, because dressing like a royal would be new to me. I don't think shorts, tank and sandles would be "royal" so new wardrobe and new cars, loaded with ever new gadget they have, with chauffeurs, and new palace staff for each palace. My dogs would have dog trainers and care takers. Then after the newness of it all wore off I would find the charity for Newborn ICU in the city's where my palaces are, and help them out as much as possible. I would be on the board of these hospitals to make decisions for these units. Exp the one I work in right now. I would also take up every charity that has to do with dogs. I would have more no kill dog palaces made. I would have vets that can help dogs that parents could not afford a reg vet. I would do it according to income and bill ratio for everyone. Or maybe start up a insurance company like blue cross for animals. $20 co-pays just like ours. This is my dream if I was to become a Royal overnight. Nice to dream..

Cool thread and I like your 'dream' lol.

I'd married Kate Middleton if I were to become a royal overnight :lol: (She is still single in my 'royal world' :p)

Last edited:
I would be sixth in line to the throne if royal primogeniture wasn't in place, and fourth if it was. My dad is the second child and second son of five children. His older brother, who would be king, has two sons, and I have two younger brothers.

Last edited:
I've been fascinated by the royal jewels and palaces... So I'd love to have some of those. Other than that I would start a charity for children in India ensure they have access to healthy food, clean water, education.

I think it would be interesting if an American could be a royal and no one else knew it. A royal in incognito. Living in two different worlds at the same time. Others in Europe know about it but no one in the person's life knew about it. Have the perks of being royal but without being chased down, watched 24/7 or photographed at you're worst moments.

You get to go to all the royal weddings but you are in the background. Since most of the photos would be seen in Europe as opposed to the United States, no one would recognize you. If anyone asked, you would be referred to as the distant American relative Baroness Lucy that people invite to weddings.

In reality this would be hard to do (someone would find out) but it would be interesting to see how long this would last before you were discovered to be a royal.

As someone else said, I wouldn't have to clean. I don't see why a Royal has to cater to other people's opinions on fashion, I'm not cut out to be a fashion plate! I'd make comfortable jeans fashionable! :)

I would use my clout to scold the fashion industry for catering exclusively to tall skinny people. If they want this royal wearing their clothes, they need to have full-on short and curvy lines, and EVERY body shape in between!

And, yes, draw attention to good causes, more women in comp sci is a particular. But I tried to shop today, and yeah. It would be very helpful if someone in a position of power with the designers would take a stand against the thinocracy.

I would never have to cook again. I would clip out menus of meals that I wanted and then have my person chef cook them.

I would have someone to help me shop.

I always wished that the United States had royalty like Europe does. I would love it if I had to go before the Congress and tell them what they should be doing. I could get away with it because they wouldn't dare cut me off or tell me to be quiet. They couldn't. I would put my two cents in regardless of whether they wanted it or not. Since they put their two cents in on things (another word for stating your opinion which may or may not be welcomed) that don't concern them, as a royal, I would have the right to do so.

I love this. It will be so cool.

If I were a royal I would build a house for every homeless person. Then employ them to work in factories that I will build in the country and export the products to build our country. Certainly, some will work in my castle as well. I will have a big Christmas party every year and we'll eat lots of ice cream.

Interesting! If I were a royal I'd would love to have someone do my hair for me and I would also travel more widely and often than the commoner me, I love learning about different cultures and learning new things! I'd also love to have a little bit of that daredevil kind of lifestyle like learning how to operate a helicopter for example!
I would serve several cases that I'm interested in like helping refugees to get higher standards of living and providing better education for those who can't afford it, as well as supporting upcoming designers and artists of the country which I'm a royal member of :D

If I were a royal I'll still buy my clothes in little local brands for help the devlopp. I would fly a lot to poor countries and work hard for them.
I would still go to the village in Provence where I use to go on holiday.
I'll have the most beautiful dressing ever.
I'll have a personal sport coach and I'll have the most beautiful wedding ever! :D

I would have coffee service brought to me in bed each morning with the papers. I would hire a stylist and have access to the newest collections. Oh, and I would have lots and lots of heirs - I adore children!!

Wow I am extremely disappointed in half of the answers on here some people are extremely selfish and all about them selves, as a royal you have a duty to your country and your family to up hold! It's not a easy job yes you are watched every move you make you are a shining example ,now are you talking of a constitutional monarch? Fyi Did you know its vary expensive to be royal between the cleaners, cook,body guard, a assist, nannys, yard care,driver, did you know it cost about $1,200.000 a year for a staff of 30 to run 1 castle of 30,000 sq plus the jewelry and clothes needed for the job!

An interesting question, thankyou SalmaRaul.
When I was young (1950s) I used to read about the Royal Family and was so impressed by the images of dignity, poise, courtesy and attention to duty portrayed.
I used to imagine being Queen and in my daydreams would have used my "power" to assist those who could not otherwise have been helped - for example, by timely letters to relevant authorities; patronage of charities; personal visits to hospitals etc. to cheer the patients; asking penetrating questions of politicians...
Actually, as I read my response I can see that all those things are within my grasp now, if not to a Royal extent!
Thanks again for a most interesting and illuminating question :)

I would no longer have to do any house cleaning and never would again. I would go on a lot of trips and travel but I would be the royal who was the distant one (having all the perks but not being followed, chased or hounded by the press).

I would prefer to be a minor royal, I'm a private person und love quite hours for myself. So I'd try to stay out of the limelight and just doing, the things I love doing. Like: expanding my knowledge of many subjects, history, the arts, architekture, languages, and doing expensive sports, like having horses. I would still follow my profession (advising other people how to bring out the best in oneself) because, that is, what I love doing.

So some of the perks, and some of the responsibilities, would do for me nicely. :)

If I were Heir to the Irish throne (I'm Irish though currently live in London) I would try to connect to the middle and working classes, this is the key to a successful and healthily monarch, and of course an throne which your heir can inherit. As heir I would set up charities to help the unemployed (especially the youth) personally donate food from the royal palaces to the homeless, I would be politically active and be vocal about the continuing immigration of Irish youth, and highlight the failings of the current government.

I would send my son to Blackrock College in Dublin, as an Roman Catholic I believe it is important that the second in line has a good religious education as well as good language skills including being able to speak fluent Irish Gaelic.

I would also be an advocator of LGBT rights, I believe nobody should be put down because if their sexuality.

When I finally become King I will continue to support charities and will advertise Ireland abroad and will continue to point out the failings of the Irish government, I will hand many of my former duties in to my son the Crown Prince.

I like your idea of giving palace food to the homeless.
If I was a Princess I would set up an integrated play group for Royal children and special needs kids at the Palace.

Well, if I was married to a royal, I would be pregnant like right after the wedding so I wouldn't have to work that much :lol:

If You Were a Royal Then....?

If I were royal I would be on the brink of suicide. I am already freaked at the thought of normal people having no privacy, I can't imagine being royal and havig any less. They can't talk on the phone, can't text, can't write a letter or someone might steal it, and how do you know they aren't bugging your house or the restaurant you are eating at.

If you were royal what would your charities be?

If I got to choose my patronages, that would be wonderful. I'm not sure they get a lot of choice. I would be an advocate for research into rare diseases, especially the ones royals have traditionally had. I would be a patron of whatever type of art drew me in at the moment....I haven't looked at art in a long time, so I'd have to take some gallery tours with good professional advisors.
I would never wear heels higher than 2 l/2 inches, and would never wear a skirt shorter than my knees. It would be wonderful fun to have dresses made for me by a designer, of very nice material. I would wear a tiara for formal occasions, but only a lowrise one so as not to be ostentatious, and probably my tiara would have tanzanites and aquamarines in it....oh maybe I need a ruby tiara and a periodot tiara as well, with a few diamonds but nothing too huge.
If I were a royal I would be concerned about my children's future and safety, in these perilous times, and would fuss a lot about them when they were away at school. I'm not sure what school I'd send them to, but I'd have a lot of fun surveying the schools and choosing wisely; if I couldn't find the right one I might even start a new school, one grade at a time as some new schools do, and because I was a teacher I would interview the teachers myself.
The best part of being royal would be access to interesting people. I would be able to arrange a visit with people who had information I wanted, or people I especially admired. I would make frequent visits to hospitals and clinics to cheer people up, and gain knowledge about my country's medical system, which I know would be frustrating as most medical systems are under-funded and run the staff ragged, and I wouldn't be able to change that. So I'd go home and have a glass of merlot with my husband the Prince or Duke, and try to forget the worst I'd seen.
I would go to church occasionally, but I would make a point of supporting spiritual authors I favored such as C.S. Lewis...I would undoubtedly be a patron for whatever foundations support Lewis work, like the theatrical company in America which tours plays by Lewis. People would be happy that Princess Me would always be there when a Lewis play opened, so maybe they would have to alter my itinerary for safety's sake.

I would have a Jin Shin Jyutsu treatment at least once a week, and a preferably even have a personal trainer such as Prince Daniel, the ideal prince charming.

T'was fun reading the things here. I have a dream of being like this so..

If I were born a daughter of a reigning monarch, I'd strengthen the promotion of causes against prostitution (esp. child prostitution), human trafficking, drugs, etc illegal and absolutely immoral even if it would cause my death because I know such things are so controversial.
I'll warn my teachers/profs that they must give me grades according to my performance. They must not overrate/underrate me. They must be fair with me.

I'd not attend formal occasions of other royal families though, even if everyone in my family is invited. I'd make it clear that's not one of my agendas. I'll just have mama or papa explain to uncle and aunt that their stubborn niece can't be dragged to attend.
However, I'll go to my uncles and aunties and ask permission from them to let me go through their royal history archives, and all photo albums past and present! Hehehe!

Like Mariel, I would visit hospitals, most especially hospitals in third world countries to see for myself what they lack. I'll try (and maybe force my papa) to give me money to buy medical equipment/facilities one at a time, or launch a donating campaign for this cause. I will definitely not take even a cent from the donations!! I hate stealing! I will accompany my assistants when they buy so that there'll be no anomaly happening.

If ever there will be cameras following me in my personal outings, I'll not worry. They'll just go away when they realise I went to an ordinary mall and do my groceries, eat somewhere, whatever very ordinary things people do. Those aren't worthy of publishing. With the love life, I'll also just keep cool. Anyway, boyfriend and I will not do something attention-grabbing. We're not into that. And we'll just go to gardens, parks, wherever scenic. If we want souvenirs of our trip, we'll approach one papparazzi and ask him/her "Please take a picture of us. The scenery is so beautiful isn't it?" and hand that prazzi our camera xD

I will be close friends with Prince Harry and introduce him to very nice women who will love him for who he is inside! I'll be his intrusive matchmaker.

If I were born to a reigning monarch's sibling or distant relative, I'll be finer. I'll not attend even family events except those very private-no photographers events ;)

Last edited:
I would strive for world peace and work to end child hunger.

Waitaminute... that's a prewritten answer for when I win the Miss America contest. I think I can scrap that now. Its decades old.

If I was royal, most likely I would have been raised very differently from how I actually was and, for all I know, would be a totally different person than I am now. If I married into royalty, I would have had to adjust to that royal family's criteria and that would have affected my day to day life also.

I am, however, Queen of Belly Achers (what we named our little plot of land in the forest) and it suits me just fine. No worries, no hurries, no fuss, no muss and ordinary days doing ordinary things. That suits me just fine. :D

I would take care more about children in my empire. I would fight against hunger and I would get rid of some overseas department.

Back
Top Bottom