Education and Preparation of the Next Royal Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No separate monarchy, yes.
Have to abide by the British constitution, no. In fact, very much have own separate constitutions.
But only the former matters for the purposes of this question.

I worded that wrong, I sure know those countries have their own constitutions, I only meant that when it comes to the actual monarchical matters.

I think the preparation of Estelle is very good. From a very young age, she has been out and about doing age appropriate events, now that she gets older, the events get more serious. And she is super relaxed, very much used to the public eye.
She's not the CP as yet but will be on top of the list of the best prepared when she gets there.

https://i.imgur.com/KlyiJNL.jpg

Based on the title I was wondering which princes and princesses they would discuss as the younger generation is mostly attending secondary school; and hardly anyone (at least of the more prominent royals) is currently attending college (i.e., university). However, the article is about their schools (both secondary; Spain, Belgium, Denmark, Denmark and The Netherlands; and primary: the UK and Denmark (assuming that the twin's level is considered primary) and Sweden) - only for Elisabeth it is about post-secondary education: the military academy...

And it is clear they have no clue what type of school for example Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet is (within the national system) as they only repeat what is written on the school's website. I guess that's the same for most other paragraphs.

Last edited:
Based on the title I was wondering which princes and princesses they would discuss as the younger generation is mostly attending secondary school; and hardly anyone (at least of the more prominent royals) is currently attending college (i.e., university).

I believe the headline's use of colegio for a primary or secondary school is correct, whereas a university would be universidad. Perhaps the Spanish-speaking members can comment.

In English, while universities are named as colleges in the United States, that is not the case in the United Kingdom. Eton College for instance is a secondary school and not a university.

Last edited:
I believe the headline's use of colegio for a primary or secondary school is correct, whereas a university would be universidad. Perhaps the Spanish-speaking members can comment.

In English, while universities are named as colleges in the United States, that is not the case in the United Kingdom. Eton College for instance is a secondary school and not a university.

The Spanish version is absolutely correct (lived in Spain and walked by the 'colegio' that was attended by the Marichalar children almost daily at that time); my confusion was caused by the English translation.

Looks like my years in the States left its mark as I immediately thought about 'colleges' as 'higher education institutes'. Would speakers of BE think about 'primary and secondary schools' when people refer to colleges?

The Spanish version is absolutely correct (lived in Spain and walked by the 'colegio' that was attended by the Marichalar children almost daily at that time); my confusion was caused by the English translation.

Looks like my years in the States left its mark as I immediately thought about 'colleges' as 'higher education institutes'. Would speakers of BE think about 'primary and secondary schools' when people refer to colleges?
It is the same in Portugal. "Colégio" has the same meaning as "Colegio" in spanish. However, in Portugal "Colégio" is a private institution (some have primary education only, while others have until middle school and high school). Where I live, "Colégio" is the synonym of a school for the weathly since most are not "free" (most have fees per semester).

Which of the heirs is going to an actual boarding school?

:previous: Is it the same one to which Elisabeth of Belgium went?

While I watched the videos posted earlier I was thinking of the ages and stages of each of the different youngsters and I had to place them in their proper context. Princess Elisabeth, being the oldest was wonderfully poised and self possessed, Although her studies for the International Baccalaureate wer cut short by the advent of Covid 19 I am sure there has been remedial action for all those studying in Wales, but she has yet to attend the Military Academy and I should imagine, like her father and his royal contemporaries, there will be stints at diplomatic posts, etc. so she can become familiar with international affairs and probably do several short courses at different Universities around the world to familiarise herself with the world she will be a part of. Her multi-lingual abilities may even be furthered.

All the rest were basically children whose parents are making sure that their heir is not caught unprepared. But each child seemed pretty self confident and at ease in the situation in which they were filmed. Princess Ingrid Alexandra was bubbling happy and exuberant because she knew most of those present and it was a celebration. Because of that it was hard to determine her nature other than that she was a very happy young lady. Time will show as she goes. On the other hand I find Princess Leonor to be a very serious young lady and hope that her spell in Wales studying for the International Baccalaureate will be as fine a "finishing school" as it has been for King WA and Princess Elisabeth.

Princess Catherine Amalia is obviously at ease with the press with her parents present as is Prince Christian, but he has grown a lot since that clip was made:

https://us.hola.com/images/0262-109...-480/prince-christian-of-denmark-turns-15.jpg

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.BJ0MwwGKEYjEDJ5GTK8pwwHaKv?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

As to all the littles, I think they are all charming and like most kids, full of possibilities. I look forward to seeing how they all turn out and the inevitable surprises that lie in store.

:previous: Elisabeth is already at the military academy, she started in September 2020. She will be finishing in a few months, with university next on her plate.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/... from high,Royal Military Academy in Brussels.

And yes Leonor will be attending the same school as Elisabeth went to Wales. It has a royal history as Willem Alexander went there back in the day. As did Princess Raiyah.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2021-02-11/spains-princess-leonor-to-study-in-wales.html

[Mod. note: the discussion below has been moved from the Spanish forum in response to this post.]

-------------

It is of course a part of their training to accompany their parents to such events and that's great, but... ehh... two teenage-girls and a submarine? :lol:

My perception of teenage-girls may be old fashioned, but somehow I don't imagine they jumped out of bed early this morning at the prospect of going to see a submarine. :D

However, considering the obvious affiliation between the Spanish Royal Family and the military, is Leonor in particular expected to do some military service?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is of course a part of their training to accompany their parents to such events and that's great, but... ehh... two teenage-girls and a submarine? :lol:

My perception of teenage-girls may be old fashioned, but somehow I don't imagine they jumped out of bed early this morning at the prospect of going to see a submarine. :D

However, considering the obvious affiliation between the Spanish Royal Family and the military, is Leonor in particular expected to do some military service?

Yes, Leonor is expected to undergo military training in the future.

Yes, Leonor is expected to undergo military training in the future.

Perhaps she will become a submariner? An AFAIK novel thing among royals - and a posting not without risks as we are learning these days in regards to the Indonesian submarine.

She doesn't look at all like someone who would enjoy military training. Hopefully they'll find something that suits her; although I am afraid she might have to go through a rather full program getting to know all branches of the military, just like her father.

Princess Leonor was the godmother of the submarine, so it is obvious that she had to be there :silbido:. It is her first commitment related to the army and since she will be the Supreme Chief of the Spanish Armed Forces, it is logical that she attends an act of the Spanish Navy.
When she returns from Wales, she will start her military training.
It also seems that Sofia will do the same military training as Leonor.

Perhaps she will become a submariner? An AFAIK novel thing among royals - and a posting not without risks as we are learning these days in regards to the Indonesian submarine.

She will be captain general and head of the three Armies which is the highest rank of the Armed Forces

She doesn't look at all like someone who would enjoy military training. Hopefully they'll find something that suits her; although I am afraid she might have to go through a rather full program getting to know all branches of the military, just like her father.

No, unless she grows a more robust physique, which is most doubtful, it may be questionable whether her back, knees and feet can cope with the demands of certainly full service in the army. Almost regardless of army branch. I doubt Leonor will be physically robust enough to routinely hike through rough terrain carrying 30-35 kilos of equipment.
A pilot/airman training in the airforce may be an option too, but they also have to live up to pretty strict physical demands.
Which is why I thought about the navy. While service in the navy also require some physical demands, they are different and may be better suited to Leonor (and perhaps even more to Sofia). And the service is more technical.
So I guess she will go through boot camp (is there conscription in Spain?) and then go through various crash courses getting to know the various branches, the command structure and a basic staff course.
Service, even a (shorter) career in the submarines, may be something for her. It takes a very special mental strength to serve in a submarine!

Princess Leonor was the godmother of the submarine, so it is obvious that she had to be there :silbido:. It is her first commitment related to the army and since she will be the Supreme Chief of the Spanish Armed Forces, it is logical that she attends an act of the Spanish Navy.
When she returns from Wales, she will start her military training.
It also seems that Sofia will do the same military training as Leonor.

It is indeed. I just meant that there are things a 13 and 15 year old may find a little bit more interesting. ;)
I find it interesting that Sofia should go undergo a similar military training. Is there are tradition for Spanish female royals to have some affiliation with the military? Say as a WAC (Women's Auxiliary Corps).

She will be captain general and head of the three Armies which is the highest rank of the Armed Forces

And being seemingly a bright girl, I'm sure she'll do fine.

Some trivia: The rank of general captain is some 5-600 years old. And it's a combined rank, so to speak, stemming from the navy.
The general captain was in overall charge of a whole expedition, often consisting of several ships. He was in charge of what happened on land. Be that fighting, trading, diplomacy, exploring or setting up a colony. But while at sea, the captain of the ship was in charge. Also in battle. The senior captain being the captain of the ship in which the captain general stayed.
Spanish ships of that era carried lots of soldiers! They were drafted from the army for the duration of an expedition. Specialized marine corps came about a little later, after national navies had been established in earnest.
But well into the 1800's it was normal to put army soldiers aboard warships, because there was a constant shortage of marines.

ADDED:

It is of course a problem all the future heirs face.
They are (most of them) required to complete at least some form of military training successfully - but within the physical and mental boundaries they have - without favoritism. And failure will frontpage news.
A 100 years ago a young royal who couldn't march 30 km was simply issued a horse. Nor would he carry his own gear. That's not an option today.
Nor can they quietly bend the most strenuous challenges today, because that could place themselves and others in danger. There is after all a reason why a military pilot has to be physically fit and have physical strength.
Mental robustness is also a factor. It was IMO folly to sign Prince Edward up for the Royal Marines when he in hindsight obviously didn't have the mental and/or physical strength. It was an unnecessary personal defeat.

Last edited:
It is of course a problem all the future heirs face.
They are (most of them) required to complete at least some form of military training successfully - but within the physical and mental boundaries they have - without favoritism. And failure will frontpage news.
A 100 years ago a young royal who couldn't march 30 km was simply issued a horse. Nor would he carry his own gear. That's not an option today.
Nor can they quietly bend the most strenuous challenges today, because that could place themselves and others in danger. There is after all a reason why a military pilot has to be physically fit and have physical strength.
Mental robustness is also a factor. It was IMO folly to sign Prince Edward up for the Royal Marines when he in hindsight obviously didn't have the mental and/or physical strength. It was an unnecessary personal defeat.

The Spanish Armada is the maritime branch of the Spanish Armed Forces. It is one of the oldest active naval forces in the world. Its beginning dates from the last years of the 15th century and the beginning of the 16th century, when the great Hispanic kingdoms of Castile and Aragon were united under the Catholic Monarchs.
Spain was really the one that "invented" the "navy as a military force and it is the oldest in the world.
Being Captain General, involves the three armies: land, sea and air and Leonor will be in command; she will be the supreme commander of the Spanish army.
His father was a very tall young man, and it is almost more difficult for a man with almost 2 meters in height, to fulfill the demands of the army, but that did not prevent him from going through the three armies and being a formidable "fighter" pilot, He was one of the first in his promotion and now he also pilots helicopters
Leonor is a thin 15-year-old girl, she is not an obese person who cannot easily go through the army. I don't understand why you take it for granted that she won't be able to do it.
Anyway, she will pass, and she will surely do so successfully, and surely she will suit one of the three armies more, because she would be a goddess if she had to be the first of her promotion in the three armies. They are challenges that she will surely overcome, because there is no reason to think something different.
Leonor is a very attentive, disciplined girl and she puts all her effort into what she does. She is well aware of her future role.
We still do not know if he will dedicate three years, as his father did, or it will be somewhat shorter since we need the princess to join official activities soon (our royal family consists of only four members and Spain is too large to cover all commitments officers) and after three years of military training, he has a university and surely a master's degree.
It is the only thing we have to wait to know the details, but her father has always commented that her time in the army was one of her best times and that she learned the most from her.

Defense in the Constitution
National defense is based on the full exercise of the rights and public freedoms recognized in the Spanish Constitution of 1978 and in the Charter of the United Nations of 1945.

The Spanish Constitution establishes that Spaniards have the right and the duty to defend Spain.

To the Armed Forces, the Magna Carta assigns the mission of guaranteeing the sovereignty and independence of Spain, defending its territorial integrity and the constitutional order. All public powers will contribute to this end.

These Armed Forces are made up of the Army, the Army and the Navy.

The King, head of State, is responsible for the Supreme Command of the Armed Forces, as well as, with prior authorization from the Cortes Generales, to declare war and make peace

Defense in the Constitution
National defense is based on the full exercise of the rights and public freedoms recognized in the Spanish Constitution of 1978 and in the Charter of the United Nations of 1945.

The Spanish Constitution establishes that Spaniards have the right and the duty to defend Spain.

To the Armed Forces, the Magna Carta assigns the mission of guaranteeing the sovereignty and independence of Spain, defending its territorial integrity and the constitutional order. All public powers will contribute to this end.

These Armed Forces are made up of the Army, the Army and the Navy.

The King, head of State, is responsible for the Supreme Command of the Armed Forces, as well as, with prior authorization from the Cortes Generales, to declare war and make peace

As in some other constitutional monarchies, the Spanish constitution has conflicting statements about the direction of the Armed Forces.

The royal prerogatives are regulated by Art.62 which, as previously mentioned, says that:

It is incumbent upon the King:
a) to approve and promulgate laws;
b) to convoke and dissolve the Parliament and to call elections under the terms provided for in the Constitution;
c) to convoke a referendum in the cases provided for in the Constitution;
d) to propose the candidate for the President of the Government and to appoint him, or when required, to terminate his functions under the terms provided in the Constitution;
e) to appoint and dismiss the members of the Government at the proposal of its President;
f) to issue the decrees approved in the Council of Ministers, confer civilian and military positions, and award honors and distinctions in accordance with the law;
g) to be informed of the affairs of state and for this purpose preside over the sessions of the Council of Ministers when hedeems it appropriate at the request of the President of the Government;
h) to exercise supreme command of the Armed Forces;
i) to exercise the right of clemency pursuant to a law, which cannot authorize general pardons;
j) to be the High Patron of the Royal Academies.
The following Art.63, in addiition, as was also mentioned, says that:

Article 63
(1) The King accredits ambassadors and other diplomatic representatives. Foreign representatives in Spain are accredited before him.
(2) It is incumbent on the King to express the consent of the State to obligate itself internationally through treaties in conformity with the Constitution and the laws.
(3) It is incumbent on the King, after authorization by the Parliament, to declare war and make peace.
However, Art. 97, which defined the role of the government, also says that:

Article 97

The Government directs domestic and foreign policy, civil and military Administration, and the defense of the State. It exercises the executive function and regulatory power in accordance with the Constitution and the laws.
Note also that, unlike in the Netherlands, the King and the government are two separate entiities in the Spanish constitution.

Art 98

(1) The Government is composed of the President, Vice Presidents, and in some cases the ministers and other members the law may establish.
(2) The President directs the actions of the Government and coordinates the functions of the other members of it without prejudice to their competence and direct responsibility in their activity.
(3) The members of the Government may not exercise representative functions other than those of the parliamentary mandate itself, nor any other public function which does not derive from their office, nor any professional or mercantile activity whatsoever.
(4) A law shall regulate the Statute and the incompatibilities of the members of the Government.

So, in summary:

• The King is the Supreme Commander of the Spanish Armed Forces, but the government, rather than the King, directs military administration, as well as foreign and defense policy.
  • It is incumbent upon the King to declare war and make peace, but only when authorized by the Parliament.

Last edited:
I would not like her to become injured.

There is a reason why some people are declared physically unfit for military service and send home.
Even people who are physically fit and have a athletic body-build gets injured.
In the army you have to march with heavy packs on your back. You may have to drag artillery pieces around or change tracks on a tank in the field - manually if need be. Officers will have to lead, when doing that and be able to really pull their weight!
So if you are obese you can't do it. You'll end up half dead.
If you are too frail you can't do it, you'll injure your back and knees.

I mean, you can lose weight if you are obese, but you can't grow bigger bones.

So I think Leonor can complete the boot camp, but having a military career in the army as leader in the front, with a rifle and heavy equipment running, jumping, crawling and climbing in rough terrain?

So I think that if Leonor (and Sofia) is to have a career in the military - in between going to the university and what not, it should be the navy. It would be physically less stressful for her, and with a considerable less risk of physical injury.
And as you point out, Spain has a long and proud naval history.

She can qualify as a basic pilot in the airforce and take a parachute course in the army, to maintain an affiliation to these two branches.

- To illustrate my point: Take a backpack. Put five five kilo sandbags in the backpack. Carry another five kilo sandbag in your hands.
Now, go up a flight of stairs until you reach fifth floor and walk down again - twice.
How do you (or your 18-22 year old daughter) feel?
Leonor will have to do something just as hard on the body many times, in the front, if she is going to have a career in the army. That's why I advocate the navy.
Because I don't see her grow that much bone and muscle in only three or four years. She's not build that way.
I don't want to see her collapse and send home on a medical discharge.

Last edited:
I think I don't understand why the future leader of the armed forces needs to go through physical service when she is a small girl who is likely going to be a very petite woman. (She's not so small that she'd be disqualified from serving in most places, but can't they train her in intelligence? Or... anything else where her physicality isn't going to matter? There's more than combat, even in wars.) That being said, there are some rather small female soldiers with large weapons in a number of countries. I'm sure Spain is one.

I guess I'm just confused- as someone who did serve, I had Leonor's physique at her age and made it through basic training without any problems (other than the normal foot blisters and heat rash). I don't think she has any obvious defect that will prevent her from serving.

Most people do some basic workouts before entering boot camp, and she has many years still to go. I wasn't training for boot camp at 15 by any means. When the time comes, I'm sure Leonor will be prepared.

Bootcamp is tough but it's definitely doable. There are special forces with their own strenuous qualifications, but many, many physically fit men can't pass those quals. I don't hold that against anyone.

In my opinion, the hardest part is mental, not physical. And Leonor will be following in the footsteps of at least two Princesses with military training (who also appear to be slender like her). Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, and Princess Salma of Jordan

I guess I'm just confused- as someone who did serve, I had Leonor's physique at her age and made it through basic training without any problems (other than the normal foot blisters and heat rash). I don't think she has any obvious defect that will prevent her from serving.

Most people do some basic workouts before entering boot camp, and she has many years still to go. I wasn't training for boot camp at 15 by any means. When the time comes, I'm sure Leonor will be prepared.

Bootcamp is tough but it's definitely doable. There are special forces with their own strenuous qualifications, but many, many physically fit men can't pass those quals. I don't hold that against anyone.

In my opinion, the hardest part is mental, not physical. And Leonor will be following in the footsteps of at least two Princesses with military training (who also appear to be slender like her). Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, and Princess Salma of Jordan
Was it your own choice to serve or did you have to? And did you have the whole team look at you as their future 'commander in chief'? This is also where the 'mental aspect' that you rightly mentioned comes in.

Elizabeth was clearly fit and seems to enjoy an active lifestyle. I haven't seen any signs that that applies to Leonor as well. She might but if she doesn't, she still will have to go through with it whether she likes it or not. Of course, previously this expectation was also applied to male heirs but if women need to meet the same requirements as men (not sure whether that is the case but I guess so) that means a much harder effort as because of way a woman's body is made up they are typically about 10% less strong etc than men. And previously it was much more common to make exceptions for royals than it is now. So, I hope it will be a good experience for her but it might be rather though.

Last edited:
I think I don't understand why the future leader of the armed forces needs to go through physical service when she is a small girl who is likely going to be a very petite woman. (She's not so small that she'd be disqualified from serving in most places, but can't they train her in intelligence? Or... anything else where her physicality isn't going to matter? There's more than combat, even in wars.)

That being said, there are some rather small female soldiers with large weapons in a number of countries. I'm sure Spain is one.

I allowed myself to divide your post into two segments.

I actually think it is important for someone who is going to be the head of the armed forced to have a personal connection and personal experience of the military life and the people he/she is head of.
It is IMO a question of showing respect for those who serve in the armed forces. And getting respect in return.
It's also symbolic. A commander of the armed forced who hardly has a clue what military life is and how the whole thing functions? - Come on.

Leonor and other future heirs don't really need to have a military career - that is recruit, cadet, officer, staff officer, general. But they need to know about the life in the military.
Leonor will not have time to have a full professional career in the military. It's unrealistic to expect that. She will have to study all sorts of things at universities and travel and meet people, not least the Spaniards and not least, gain working experience as a royal, both with her parents and alone. - And at some point find a suitable husband to ensure the future of the dynasty.
So no matter what, she will jump in and out of the military until it becomes her turn to take over.
So that will be classes in logistics, intelligence, staff work, basic pilot training, basic medic courses, parachute jumping, service aboard a patrol frigate and that sort of things, that will teach her about military life in all the branches but is not a career.

Then we return to the physical aspects. Oh yes, there are many small women (and men) serving in the military. It depends on their functions and how they are build physically.
A girl who is 1.57 can be a powerhouse of strength, while a girl who is 1.80 can collapse the moment she puts on her backpack. It's physique and will-power. Many recruits have the will-power but they don't have the physique. And vice versa.
And looking at Leonor now, will she grow a soldier's physique in the 3-4 years she has left until she has become a full grown adult?
And if she is to be an officer, she must lead her troops from the front - all the time. She can't lead from the back, half-dead from exhaustion. She will lose the respect of those she commands.

I want her to succeed in the military. I want her experiences there to be something that gives her self-confidence and develops her as a person. Not something she dreads and hates and where she suffer defeats, simply because she is physically unable to keep up.
When looking at her she is a runner, not a weight lifter.
She's agile but not strong.
That's how she is constructed from nature.
So let her service be something that suits her physically. But being a career-officer in the army or airforce (where you as an airman also need physical strength)? - IMO forget it.

She can indeed opt for a more specialized career. Logistics, intelligence, air defense, drones - but that's a more technical position, where she needs constant practice and schooling to be of use. And her career will end around the rank of major or lieutenant-colonel. I.e. short of ending up at a general-staff, because she is not getting direct command experience over combined units.

There is one last factor, the Spanish members here can answer:
The Spanish press can be pretty pity-less! How would the Spanish press react if Leonor is send home from NCO school or the officers academy because she couldn't cope with the physical demands?

I'm sure Leonor, barring injuries, can complete boot camp. That's after all designed so that most reasonably fit average persons can complete it
But there is a difference between being a recruit and then a private and being an officer.

I don't know Salma of Jordan. But I have seen Elisabeth of Belgium and to me she looks athletic. - And the path she has chosen won't be a picnic for her, despite obviously enjoying that lifestyle.

Let me be clear: I will happily post a photo of myself lying prostate in the mud in growling admiration of Leonor, should she make it through the physical ordeals of boot camp, officers academy and serving first lieutenant.
I just fear the odds are against her, physically.

I served in wartime as an officer. I'm telling you, I was really skinny, and I did it. And I know many other women who were similar and did so as well.

The intense training forum members are alluding to is for special forces, which no heir to any throne is going to undergo, regardless of their BMI or sex organs. That is for the elite of the elite to prepare for specific combat engagements. No military will waste a training spot on an heir, even if they could qualify. Also, it's like saying when Prince William was fifteen "He can't pass the training for Special Boat Service right now, so I guess he's going to be a failure at officer training." There is a reason it's called training- you're expected to learn, build muscle, and develop. Also so much can happen in 3 years (and that assumes Leanor starts training at 18, but I'm guessing she won't until she's 21).

I am simply baffled. A thin girl in excellent health is too weak to possibly serve in the military? Actually, her biggest problem will be misogyny. And possibly her height if she wants submarine experience (too tall if she continues growing, not a female issue).

If someone doesn't like Leonor, they are entitled to their opinion, but I believe it would be very damaging and hurtful to imply that thin women aren't good enough to serve. And simply false.

(Last paragraph edited for clarity.)

Last edited:
I saw the long video of Elisabeth at the Royal Military Academy and she was doing so well, and she is thin like Leonor. I don't think thin/chubby is actually an hindrance to military training. I've a friend who is very thin at 45 kilos (99.21 pounds) and she is so good at sports and resistance. I saw her lift weights and climb up a steep hill with such an ease!

It really depends on the person, and not on the body type.

I don't think Muhler dislikes Leonor, at all. He's worried about her, which may or may not be justified, and I'm sure he would do the same if she were a boy who seemed likely to have physical issues.

It's also quite a way in the future. Leonor may be far tougher than she appears. Spain could switch to a civilian-led military. Or make the monarch's role entirely ceremonial. Leonor could be the most brilliant strategic mind of her generation and terrify everyone at GHQ, and it won't matter a bit that she's a small blonde female with whatever frontline experience because CINC is CINC. We just don't know at this point.

I also think it depends more on the person than the body.
If Leonor, when she enters the military, is well prepared physically, there will be no problem.
The Princess of Asturias will still change physically until that time, but she will almost certainly be fit for military life.
We also don't know yet how long her military training will last and how it will be.

I don't think Muhler dislikes Leonor, at all. He's worried about her, which may or may not be justified, and I'm sure he would do the same if she were a boy who seemed likely to have physical issues.

It's also quite a way in the future. Leonor may be far tougher than she appears. Spain could switch to a civilian-led military. Or make the monarch's role entirely ceremonial. Leonor could be the most brilliant strategic mind of her generation and terrify everyone at GHQ, and it won't matter a bit that she's a small blonde female with whatever frontline experience because CINC is CINC. We just don't know at this point.

I did not call out Muhler. My comment did not quote Muhler or name Muhler. I addressed the forum as a whole. If you feel my post applied to a specific forum member, that is your interpretation, but it was not my words or my intent. I will edit my post to make that clear.

Back
Top Bottom