How / Why did you get interested in royalty?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually became somewhat interested when I was a teenager, right before Princess Diana died. Many magazines showed William as a "hearthrob". I'm also a huge gossip monger, and read People religiously, and they did a great many articles on her - many of which I still have. When she died, I really became interested, but I didn't know about any families other than the British. I had mainly forgotten about it until my first year in college. I had to write a paper on remaining monarchies of the world. That is how I found this site, when TRF was Les Tribunes Royales. I became hooked! I'm pretty much a closet royal fan! No one knows about my hobby. My old roomate at my old college knew, but she's the only one.

Theories on why people follow royalty

Do you have any theories on why people follow royalty? Why are we so interested??

for me: To know more how does this system still work in this modern time. I'm glad to know that still many royal has worked hard for their people and in representing their country, not just only be a symbol.

Diana was the reason....I was 10 years old when I saw her Wedding on TV...and it was like oh God, then I stared to collect all Diana's photos from the Magazine whcih Mama buys....at the same time Queen Noor of Jordan...daily the last 10 minutes from the news of Jordan were spared to cover Queen Noor activities....then came the wedding of Prince Faysel of Jordan....next Queen Rania.....

Still my favorite is Diana....she was a real princess....Now I'm too much interested in Assma Assad news...I like her.

i have two or maybe three reason, one is when charles & diana was married. i woke up at 5:30 am. to watch their wedding i also did the same thing when she was buried-very sad. i currently have no life, since im in school and not working my hubby & i have no money for entertaiment so this is it and lastly i'm courious about their lives, how they not be happy or why couldnt some marrages stay together? or why isn't prince albert married? plus i love history and they are walking,living, talking history

I became interested in royalty when I had to do a serious of papers on governments in my government class. Part of my monarchy paper I had to list every country who still had reigning monarchs and those who were symbolic.

I was interested to see that many "dethroned" monarchies still had quite a bit of publicity and charm to them. While others were fading more and more with the years.

i became interested in royalty since queen rania became a queen

ally_cooper said:
I always was interested in Palaces and Castles, because they seems like ... ok, don't laugh... Cinderella Story. And now I'm just an adolescent and I being interested in royal people with the "New Generation of Princes" I mean, Pierre Casiraghi, William and Henry of England, Imre of Austria and of course my favourite: Amedeo. Also this interest was extended to other royal people like Crown Princess Victoria or Louis Alphonse of Bourbon...
OMG i Swear ...I was just gonna say that,I mean the Cinderella Story,lol
since i was about 4 I loved Cinderella Story ,sleeping beauty and all those fairy-tales...but when i got older (a bit older) I was so much intrested in the things HLM King Hussien and Q. Noor used to do,we didn't know much about KH sons and daughters,I only remember my uncle was crazy about Haya,LOL! a couple of months before KH passed away,there was an article in some newspaper that had Hamzah's picture in... I didn't know who he was so I kept asking till I got the answer,but then when when KH passd away,I was amazed by Prince Hamzah,he amazed me in every way,everything about him was lovable,I just saw KH in him,and that I loved KH & QN I cudn't help but Love Hamzah.I was intrested in Ali and Hashem a lot especially after the Pan Arab games which took place back in 99' in Amman.

Sorry for the "too" much information:eek:

Or maybe people fallow Royalty because they were Kings, Queens, Princesses, Princes in their past lifes.

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Or maybe people fallow Royalty because they were Kings, Queens, Princesses, Princes in their past lifes.

:) You are drawn to others who are similar to you...

Personally I follow Royalty b/c I find them very interesting. I was also a European History Major in University so it goes along w/ my degree. Also reading about Royalty is what really got me interested in reading. Now I have tons of books on Royals.

I find them quite interesting! It's the "Aura of Majesty" that draws me! And when I realized that there were so many like us, who enjoy following royalty, that makes it even more pleasurable.

I think it s couse we would love to have their life: live in palace, have money, buy all the things you want...I mean is like they are living a "dream life"

I will say this. You rather hear about royalty than hear about my life. It would put you to sleep:D :D :D :D :D

Oh please we all just want to get away from our lives. Royalty--even with its flaws--somehow seems more appealing to our ordinary existence, well atleast for me.

apart from the fact some are good looking...i want to buy their palaces ^_________^ hahhaa when i can afford it hehehe

when I was 8 princess stephanie helped me to fix my sandcastle - I fell in love

Having been brought up primarilty by my maternal Grandparents, the 'way things were done' was just so. The ideas and mentality towards the existing establishment was just that it was the right way, and there was no other option in my mind, but for monarchy.

We have a Queen whom I love, and is related to the majority of reigning and non-reigning Royal families, and it was that connection which resulted in me finding out more..

I became interested primarily through my love of history. Throughout my teens, I was obsessed with European history, primarily Byzantine, Spanish, and Austrian history- i.e. the Houses of Hapsburg, Paleologus, Comnenus, Borbon. As I read deeper into history, I became ever more interested in the strange customs and niceities of royalty and more convinced that royal houses were integral in the formation of national identities (the British monarchy, perhaps, foremost). I have since, also, become a more ardent republican than ever before, with a very sincere appreciation for the government and politics of these United States.

I got interested in royalty when I started to read The Royal Diaries (it's a "young adult" book series). I absolutely loved them, though they probably aren't the most historically correct all the time, I still love them. I was a fan of more modern royals such as Prince William and Prince Harry because I though (and still think, hehee) they're handsome. :)(I'll admit, I think the gorgeous castles, clothes, and jewelry are so much fun to look at and find out information on, too!)

i can credit andrea casiraghi! i saw a photo of his on some magazine about six years ago (six years?!! that long? :D) and then i started doing a search on the net. and he was so cool! a prince with long hair...i've never heard of anything like that before! i saved lots of pics of andrea and had them printed and when i went to school the next day, i showed his pics to my friends. it was sooo funny...it was like we'd found a new teen idol--the backstreets boys, brad renfro, everyone else was put in the backseat because we were now only interested in this rebel prince! eventually they got over him and i sort of did too but i got more and more interested in royalty. the idea of crown princes and princesses seems so archaic in this day and age...it's just fascinating to me.

i'm also a history major by the way so...

I got interested in royalty when prince Filip from Belgiuw married Mathilde. She looks so wonderfull and she always smiles. And than princes Elisabeth was born and so I got interested in the rest of the family too, and from the time I became a member of this forum I became interested in other royal families too.

I had a crush on Prince Andrew when I was a teenager, I followed his liaison with Koo Stark,... afterwards came Albert, then Diana, then....

When I read about Queen Victoria, in my history class in like sixth grade. I wanted to know everything about her time period and geneology.

My grandmother was a real royalty watcher, she knew all about royalty. So I kind of grew up with it, watching all the royal events with my mother (which is always great fun, by the way). Nowadays I find it interesting to learn more about other royal families than the Dutch royal family, especially historical facts about long deceased kings, queen, princes and princesses. :)

I became interested in royalty when they told me I looked like Princess Caroline.

It was a long time ago...:D

Back
Top Bottom