The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Commoner

I think it was a gradual thing for me. The first big event I remember is the death of Diana. I then remember watching Edward and Sophie's wedding at my auntie's a couple of years later. And I think over the last few years I have just enjoyed watching the family grow. I am a similar age to William and Harry so it is has been interesting watching them grow up as I have grown up.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Commoner

I became really interested in royalty after the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. I was 13 at the time. At first I was only really interested in the British royal family, but this forum has cultivated an interest in other European royal families as well.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I was always somewhat interested (reading the royal books of my grandmother and aunt) but the death of king Baudouin was a trigger event (we were on holiday in Belgium at that time).
Old 11-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

That must have been a pretty intense experience...I remember the hot summer of Baudouin's sudden passing. Even though ordinary Americans didn't really react, the story did make the major news outlets here in the States like PEOPLE magazine and the New York Times front page.

It was after reading coverage of his life story in the months following that I became so intrigued by him and his relationship with Queen Fabiola.

It was such an extraordinary yet heartbreaking love story.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968