Heights of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meghan is about 5'7 from what I have read...her mom looks a bit shorter. Her dad is around Harry's height.

LaRae

Meghan looks shorter than 5'7 doesn't she ?

She looks tiny and next to Harry even more tiny !!

Harry is what 6’2/6’3? 5’7 would look fairly short comparatively. And Meghan also is fairly petite so I can see 5’7, although it’s likely more that she is slightly shorter. Actors often embellish height. Meghan has long legs too which seems to be where she gets any of her height from.

Kate at 5'9" looks much taller when standing beside Harry so I would guess that Meghan is 5'4" or 5''5 at the most !

I'd say she's 5'6". She'd look much shorter if she's 5'4". But she is blessed in the legs department.

Harry is 6'2". At the IG when she was wearing flats I think Meghan came up to his shoulder. I'd say she's about 5'6".

Harry is 6'2". At the IG when she was wearing flats I think Meghan came up to his shoulder. I'd say she's about 5'6".

Wiki says she is 5'7

Harry is listed at 6'1

Prince Harry is 6'1" and Meghan is 5'7" Weights 134 pounds, 37-25-34. Dress size 8 (US) or 38 (EU).

William is 6'1" and Catherine is 5'9". I did a goggle search on all four.

I think that's a bit off... an US size 8 would translate to EU size 40 & UK size 12
Wearing EU 38 myself - there is no way Meghan is anywhere near that size, imo. The internet can be quite a bit off on measurements,etc. I'd say UK 6 / EU 34 is probably more realistic.

Ok, we aren't likely to come to any agreement on this. Let's just say they are all proportionate. :lol:

Wiki says she is 5'7

Harry is listed at 6'1

One or the other most likely is off. The difference between them seems to be more than 6 inches/15 cm. As was said before, when wearing flipflops she reaches to his shoulders (or more precisely to his chin). A median male head is between 8-9 inches (22 cm), so my estimate would be that they differ about 8 inches (20 cm) in length.

I wouldn't be surprised if both lenghts are a little off Harry could be an inch taller and/or Meghan 1 or 2 inches shorter.

One or the other most likely is off. The difference between them seems to be more than 6 inches/15 cm. As was said before, when wearing flipflops she reaches to his shoulders (or more precisely to his chin). A median male head is between 8-9 inches (22 cm), so my estimate would be that they differ about 8 inches (20 cm) in length.

I wouldn't be surprised if both lenghts are a little off Harry could be an inch taller and/or Meghan 1 or 2 inches shorter.

Maybe Harry just has a shorter head. ?

Maybe Harry just has a shorter head. ?

An extremely short one (6 inches).

Found this nice chart:
1st percentile - 8.3
5th percentile - 8.6
50th percentile - 9.1
95th percentile - 9.7
99th percentile - 10

Not sure that he would qualify as human if his was only 6 inches (or even 7 inches) :D

Prince Harry is 6'1" and Meghan is 5'7" Weights 134 pounds, 37-25-34. Dress size 8 (US) or 38 (EU).

William is 6'1" and Catherine is 5'9". I did a goggle search on all four.
I agree, something is off with the heights and her sizes. She looks about 5'5" or 5'6" and about a US size 4. There is no way she is a size 8. I am 5'6" and wear a US size 6 and she is definitely smaller than I am.

I think Meghan is 5'6" or a little shorter, and maybe a size 2 US. I know some people have suggested she inflates her height, but there is almost zero upside to being a tall actress, because the taller she is, the fewer leading men she can be paired with without it looking weird or having to make some height adjustments. Men, in my experience, are far more likely to round up. I'd say Harry is 6'2"ish. There are photos of him and Michelle Obama, who is a well-documented 5'11" and often wears kitten heels. Looking at Harry standing next to Barack, Harry is taller than Barack by an inch or so, and Barack is a well-documented 6'1".

Signed,

Looking at Celebrities Side-by-Side is More Fun than Editing My Manuscript

On her IMDb profile it is stated that Meghan is 5'7". She would be a fool to fudge figures on that profile (unless someone else fiddled with the profile but why would they do so?). No actor 'plays games' with their statistics. It would mean wasting producers' time, and worse, misleading her professional contacts. She wouldn't do it. JMO. :flowers:

Does anyone know how tall Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan is as well as Prince Mateen of Brunei? I saw a pic of Prince Hussein and Shinzo Abe aka the PM of Japan who’s 5’10 and they didn’t look thaaat far apart

Tallest monarch?

After reading threads about the "Greatest" monarchs, and being a bit bored due to Covid-isolation, it occured to me we didn't have a thread for "Tallest" monarch yet ;)

So here's a start for some tall monarchs I could find, maybe someone knows taller ones?

History
K.Edward IV (England) 1.94m
Charlemagne - est. between 1.84 and 1.95m

Current
K.Felipe (Spain) 1.97m

Wikipedia reckons that the tallest monarch in history was Maharana Pratap, King of Mewar (now the very lovely city and region of Udaipur) in Rajasthan, and that he was 7' 5". Another site claims that Harald Hardrada was 7' 6" and that King Sancho VII of Navarre was 7' 4".

Sounds like a lot of tall stories to me (sorry!).

7' 5" is 2.26 metres.

King Baudouin was pretty tall....Henry VIII was about 6'2

Wikipedia reckons that the tallest monarch in history was Maharana Pratap, King of Mewar (now the very lovely city and region of Udaipur) in Rajasthan, and that he was 7' 5". Another site claims that Harald Hardrada was 7' 6" and that King Sancho VII of Navarre was 7' 4".

Sounds like a lot of tall stories to me (sorry!).

7' 5" is 2.26 metres.

Wow, that is impressive..am going to wiki them..

P.S. so there already was a thread, so far for trying to be original ?

After reading threads about the "Greatest" monarchs, and being a bit bored due to Covid-isolation, it occured to me we didn't have a thread for "Tallest" monarch yet ;)

So here's a start for some tall monarchs I could find, maybe someone knows taller ones?

History
K.Edward IV (England) 1.94m
Charlemagne - est. between 1.84 and 1.95m

Current
K.Felipe (Spain) 1.97m
I think King Felipe is and will be the tallest monarch for a long time. Even William is shorter than him (1.94 right?).

There was an article about the heigths of royals in Svensk Damtidning some time ago.
According to that the heights of the princesses are:
Victoria 168 cm
Madeleine 170 cm
Mary 172 cm
Marie 162 cm
Maxima 178 cm
Mette Marit 182 cm
Letizia 168 cm
Catherine 178 cm
Charlene Wittstock 178 cm
Also adding Mathilde 179/180 cm (most reports says that she is 175 cm, which is not correct. She is taller than Catherine). Her daughter Elisabeth might be around 170 cm now. Gabriel became so tall, I have a feeling that he is around William's height of 192 cm.

Amalia seems to have surpassed her mother, which means she is probably 180 cm. While Alexia must be 170 cm and Ariene 172 cm (Ariene surpassed Alexia).

Ingrid Alexandra seems short when compared to her tall parents. She is probably 168 cm. Marius is probably 188 cm and Sverre is around his sister height (for now).

Leonor is around 165 cm and Sofia has surpassed Letizia, which means she is around 170 cm.

I've heard that Frederik is 182 cm, and since Christian is taller now, he must be 185/6 cm. Based on the last pictures, Isabella must be around 165 cm since she is a tad shorter than her mother Mary.

I think King Felipe is and will be the tallest monarch for a long time. Even William is shorter than him (1.94 right?).

Christian X of Denmark was a giant man. I want to say 6'7" (the internet says 201 cm, which is just about that). And then every day he rode around on a giant horse! :lol:

It's honestly hard for me to believe Felipe is shorter than that, but I think it's the effect of him always being the tallest person in the room.

Christian X of Denmark was a giant man. I want to say 6'7" (the internet says 201 cm, which is just about that). And then every day he rode around on a giant horse! :lol:

It's honestly hard for me to believe Felipe is shorter than that, but I think it's the effect of him always being the tallest person in the room.
I read that Alexander III of Russia (father of the last Tsar) was quite tall too. Wikipedia says 190.5 cm (six foot three inches) tall. People described him as someone very strong physically too.

I read that Alexander III of Russia (father of the last Tsar) was quite tall too. Wikipedia says 190.5 cm (six foot three inches) tall. People described him as someone very strong physically too.
Missie of Romania wrote about her gigantic, boisterous Romanov uncles so it must've run in the family

Prince Nikolai of Denmark is 6 ft. tall.
I wonder if his coursin Christian has become taller than him. I compared photos between him and Christian at Christian's confirmation (the ones with Queen Margrethe to use her as a reference of height). It looked like Christian is now the tallest grandchild of Queen Margrethe.

Back
Top Bottom