Future Royal Baby Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Victoria and Daniel:
Boy:
Oscar Bertil Gustaf Olof
Gustaf Bertil Oscar Daniel
Carl-Olof Bertil Gustaf
Girl:
Ulrika Silvia Lilian Desirée
Desirée Silvia Christina Lilian
Christina Lilian Ewa Victoria

I should really stop getting my hopes up for a Stephan or an Alexander; this is a couple with the names William and Catherine, so I doubt they will try to push any envelopes no matter how little it needs to be pushed. I think Kate's parents should help with the baby name choices, because they did good with there's and all of them are named after Kings and Queens of England.

I should really stop getting my hopes up for a Stephan or an Alexander; this is a couple with the names William and Catherine, so I doubt they will try to push any envelopes no matter how little it needs to be pushed. I think Kate's parents should help with the baby name choices, because they did good with there's and all of them are named after Kings and Queens of England.

Now that you mention Catherine's siblings, I remembered her brother is called James, so I doubt they'd actually give their child the Christian name of James, but I definitely think it would be a middle name. I like the name Phillipa, and I like that they shortened it to Pippa. Very pretty name. I am with you on the King Alexander idea though. Sounds very Regal. (Really i'd love Edward's little boy to become King just so he could be King Theo I, for the sheer amusement of it, but it is obviously never going to happen.)

I like the name Phillipa, and I like that they shortened it to Pippa. Very pretty name.
I like the name Philippa, but defenitive not the diminutive Pippa, as it's considered a four-letter word in Swedish. If she ever visits Sweden I hope for her own sake that she will call herself Philippa.

I like the name Philippa, but defenitive not the diminutive Pippa, as it's considered a four-letter word in Swedish. If she ever visits Sweden I hope for her own sake that she will call herself Philippa.

Same in Russian. When I heard that diminutive for the first time, I wondered if I heard wrong. Of course when I saw it in writing, I understood that I indeed had no hearing issues. I'm not crazy about the full name at all. It sounds too matronly to me.

I don't like the name Philippa either, but I still applaud her parents for at least being different.

I like Philippa; it sounds distinguished.

But I agree that William and Kate are apt to stick with the traditional.

I expect they'll use both Michael and Charles for middle names, though.

If Will and Kate have a girl I would love to see her have the name of,Mary Elizabeth Anne Victoria,after all the female monarchs of England.

I'd also love them to give their daughter the christian name Victoria, particularly if she is the eldest child/heir apparent, as we would then have another Queen Victoria.

I know the William and Kate's first child will one day be king/queen but I really wish they would infuse the House of Windsor with some new names, or at least find old name that havent been used for a while, I am really tired of all the same names among the English Royals. I just hope they pick better names then Fred and Mary, I am sorry, but I still dont like Josefine or Vincent.

I know the William and Kate's first child will one day be king/queen but I really wish they would infuse the House of Windsor with some new names, or at least find old name that havent been used for a while, I am really tired of all the same names among the English Royals. I just hope they pick better names then Fred and Mary, I am sorry, but I still dont like Josefine or Vincent.

Neither do I! And it seems terrible to say it, but my interest in the twins has diminished because of it.

But as for the same names among the BRF, I think they should uphold tradition. (But with a twist). I would like to see a King James or Stephen. and a Queen Jane (after the Nine-Days Queen) or a Queen Victoria.

For William and Kate, how about Helena? It was the name of a daughter of Queen Victoria but hasn't been used since, though it's one of Eugenie's middle names. Queen Helena?

For William and Kate's children, I wouldn't want to speculate what the first name would be but the middle names will almost gauranteed be the traditional royal name like Albert, Philip, George, Elizabeth, Alexandra, Victoria with a tribute to Charles, Diana, Michael and Carole thrown in. Maybe a siblings name in there as well. If it's a boy I'm thinking Arthur will be a middle name as Philip, Charles and William all have it as a middle name and would be a bit of a tradition he and Kate might like to carry on.

Neither do I! And it seems terrible to say it, but my interest in the twins has diminished because of it.

But as for the same names among the BRF, I think they should uphold tradition. (But with a twist). I would like to see a King James or Stephen. and a Queen Jane (after the Nine-Days Queen) or a Queen Victoria.

I wouldn't mind Jane, but it's related to John, which is considered unlucky, so I doubt it will be chosen.

Last edited:
Catherine & William

Boy : George, Henry
Girl : Diana, Victoria

I would love to see William and Catherine use a different version of the name 'Elizabeth', such as perhaps 'Isabella'. It's regal and traditional, but puts a little variety into the mix. Don't get me wrong, I love the name 'Elizabeth' (my favorite name for a girl), but I'm just trying to think outside the box.

Coming up with a name for W&C's babies will be difficult! Philippa/Philip and James have already been used for William's cousin (James Alexander Philip Theo), but maybe they'll go with something different.

boy:
Edward Francis Arthur William

Edward - family name of the Windsors; honors William's uncle, the Earl of Wessex as well as the eight kings named Edward that came before his grandmother, the Queen.
Francis - Michael Middleton's second name, and is the male equivalent to Diana's second name of Frances. It's also the first name of Diana's mother.
Arthur - one of William's given names (also one of Charles'); it also honor's the prince's great-great-great-grand uncle, Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.
William - after Prince William and it's also James Middleton's second name.

girl:
Cecilia Frances Elizabeth Mary

Cecilia - the given name of William's maternal great-great-great grandmother, Cecilia Gordon-Lennox
Frances - Diana's second name (also the female equivalent to Catherine's father's second name)
Elizabeth - for the Queen, the late Queen Mum, Duchess Catherine's second name as well as her mother's.
Mary - for the late Queen Mary; it is also the given name of several of Catherine's ancestors.

Coming up with a name for W&C's babies will be difficult! Philippa/Philip and James have already been used for William's cousin (James Alexander Philip Theo), but maybe they'll go with something different.

boy:
Edward Francis Arthur William

Edward - family name of the Windsors; honors William's uncle, the Earl of Wessex as well as the eight kings named Edward that came before his grandmother, the Queen.
Francis - Michael Middleton's second name, and is the male equivalent to Diana's second name of Frances. It's also the first name of Diana's mother.
Arthur - one of William's given names (also one of Charles'); it also honor's the prince's great-great-great-grand uncle, Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.
William - after Prince William and it's also James Middleton's second name.

girl:
Cecilia Frances Elizabeth Mary

Cecilia - the given name of William's maternal great-great-great grandmother, Cecilia Gordon-Lennox
Frances - Diana's second name (also the female equivalent to Catherine's father's second name)
Elizabeth - for the Queen, the late Queen Mum, Duchess Catherine's second name as well as her mother's.
Mary - for the late Queen Mary; it is also the given name of several of Catherine's ancestors.

William and Catherine can still use the names James and Philip, whether his cousin has them or not. William and James both have Philip as a middle name. There are two Prince Edward's currently, even though the Duke of Kent is not as well known as the Earl of Wessex, so there could be two James. Besides, once Prince William becomes King, Edward and Sophie's James wont likely be talked about much, so no one will ever really remember the "other James".

I like the idea of using Arthur as a middle name, in keeping with tradition of giving it to the eldest child, but i'd love it much more as a Christian name.

I would love to see Will and Kate name their daughter Alexandrina,the first name of Queen Victoria.It's not been used for a very long time.

For William & Kate's firstborn I'm sure it'll be something traditional. Like George or Edward for a boy & Elizabeth, Mary or Victoria for a girl.
For other kids I could imagine other, more modern names like Alexander or Victor for a boy & Matilda, Rose or Helena for a girl.

I like Stephen... hmm.. King Stephen II ... has a nice ring to it don't you think?

:king3:

More guesses! If William and Catherine have a girl first, I have a feeling Victoria will be in there somewhere.

Victoria Frances Carole Elizabeth

I'm still sticking to Edward for a firstborn boy. Others...

David Henry Theo Alastair
Albert Michael Charles Louis
Christopher Anthony Fergus James

Margaret Aileen Mary Catherine
Amelia Caroline Alexandra Rose
Charlotte Helena Alice Jane

if the first-born is a girl for William and Catherine, i wish for Mary... even if its not called that, i hope for a name of a previous queen, aka: Elizabeth, Jane, Victoria and Anne.

for a boy, i hoped for Richard. its been so long, that we had a King Richard^^

Victoria and Daniel i have high hopes for Desiree or Ulrika for a girl. and maybe Johan, Carl, Oscar for Boy (i LOVE the name Johan)

Last edited:
William & Catherine

Heir: Philip Henry Arthur Charles ( I think honoring Philip by introdcuing his name as a future King of England would be something William would like to do, especially while his grandparents are still alive and since the Mountbatten name has been a bit overshadowed by the House of Windsor). Arthur is a nice legacy to Philip, Charles and William

Spare: William Michael Edward George (with a modern nickname of Liam)

especially if first born.... none of the family have purposely given the first name of Elizabeth; I think it is pretty expected.

1st daughter (heir presumptive): Elizabeth Frances Mary Victoria

2nd daughter: Diana Caroline Alice Louise

William & Catherine:

Arthur Michael Charles William
&
Matilda Carole Diana Catherine

King Arthur would be great. :)

Well I dont know that William and Catherine would name their son but they themselves have mentioned that if they had a girl she would be HRH princess Diana :)

I think Victoria and Daniel will choose traditional names...and there are many.

Wills and Kate? Who knows. If they stick to their desired modernity, we're liable to see Princess Andromeda and/or Prince Dweezel.

Back
Top Bottom