Favourite Royal Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixFan

Majesty , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
If you had to choose a name from a list of 'Royal Names' which would it be? Would you be an Alexandra, a Beatrix, a Klaus or a Charles? Which names would you choose for yourself that have been the names of past and present royals?

BeatrixFan said:
If you had to choose a name from a list of 'Royal Names' which would it be? Would you be an Alexandra, a Beatrix, a Klaus or a Charles? Which names would you choose for yourself that have been the names of past and present royals?

Well I'm a fan of a few royal names. I like Elizabeth (that one of my confirmation names), Victoria, Alexandra, Irene (thats also my grandmothers name) & Grace (my other grandmothers name). I hope when I have kids & I have daughters I will name them with some of these names. If I had the chance to re-name myself I would be a Elizabeth (with the middle name Anne).

Last edited:
I love the name Máxima!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I also like Mary Elizabeth,Victoria, Emma and Catharina-Amalia

My favourite names are: Mathilde, Victoria, Alexandra, Elizabeth and Theresa (after empress Maria-Theresa):)

Of the Norwegian royal names (old ones like two of the daugthers of King Harald III) I like Haakon, Magnus, Louise, Ingrid, Angelica, Isadora, Leah, Alexandra, Cecilie, Cecilia, Maria and Ingegerd

• Princess Maria, daugther of King Harald III
  • Princess Ingegerd, also daugther of Harald III
  • Princess Cecilie, daugther of King Sverre I and Queen Astrid
  • Queen Cecilia, married ti King Sigurd I
  • Princess Cecilia, daugther of King Sigurd II and Queen Malmfrid
And of other royal names I like Caroline, Elizabeth/Elisabeth, Mathilde, Lusia, William, Laetitia, Gabriël (I love this names!!), Emmanuel (Okay, I have a Belgian royal brothers crush) and Zara....Have I said that I love the name Gabriël?? I just totaly loves when Mathilde says Gabriël with her beautiful voice... Your so lucky Belgium!:rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
I think I would like to be Sebastian, after King Sebastian of Portugal who died in the deserst of Marocco during the battle of the three kings (three kings died there, 1 portuguese and 2 arabs), and I also like the dutch version of Archduke Lorenz/ Prince Laurents name: Laurens. Maybe I can use them for my sons to be.

I also like the names Constantine and Alexander (yes I am fond of Catherine the Great, who named her 2 eldest grandsons this way and had the hope that the first would become emperor of Russia and the second Emperor of the new Byzantine Empire). Like LaMinka, I am fond of the names Phillipe & Mathilde gave to their sons: Emmanuel and Gabriel.

As for girls (and possible future daughters ;)) I like Grand Duchess Vera's name and of course: Catherine. I also like Anna, after Queen Anna Pavlovna of The Netherlands and Sophie, after her daughter-in-law. Maybe I will make a Anna-Marie out of it, and thus naming the greek Queen AND my two grandmothers & my mother. I also like the name Irene.

For myself....I like so many...Mary, Victoria, Elizabeth, Diana, Anne, Madeleine :)

Isabella, Isabelle, Alexis, Alexa, Alexandria, Aleksandra, Olivia, Victoria & Elisabeth

"MII"

charles , caroline, graces, Henry

I've always liked the name Noor, which means light in Arabic.
I'm also quite fond of Letizia, it's an incredibly pretty sounding name.
Nikolai, Madeline, and Elizabeth are nice as well.

Louise, like Louise de Belgique
Pauline, like Pauline Ducruet (because I'm fond of this name)
Constance (Constance de Bourbon-Parme, I'm fond of the name too).
Mathilde

Victoria is a wonderful name for a princess. though I think it's a bit much for a commoner.

Well...I am already named Sofia like the Queen of Spain:) .. But one of my favourites is Mathilde because it is so beautiful!

pollyemma said:
Victoria is a wonderful name for a princess. though I think it's a bit much for a commoner.

It becomes more and more common in France, where it makes very commoner. The noble and royal one in France would be Victoire.

Alexandra, Elizabeth, Desiree, Caroline, Charlotte, Nicholas, Konstantin, Paul

Victoire is lovely.

My name is Emma which is a royal sort of name. i'm very happy with it.

Sofia is great too. you are so lucky to have that as your name. it must make you smile whenever people address you.

pollyemma said:
Victoire is lovely.

My name is Emma which is a royal sort of name. i'm very happy with it.

Sofia is great too. you are so lucky to have that as your name. it must make you smile whenever people address you.

Yes Victoire is a lovely name. I love it very much, it's on my list for babies to come.

My list of babies names includes quite a few Royal choices...I think there's only one that's not royal.

1. Elizabeth Victoria
2. Catherine Alexandra
3. Randall Lucas
4. Nicholas Alexander

Catherine is very royal.

I hope that when little Amalia becomes queen she'll choose to go by her first name "Catharina." it's the perfect name for a monarch.

My favourite names are: Isabel, Alice, Sophie, Louise, Astrid, Thyra, Alexandra...
Richard, Leopold, Christian, Frederik, Guillaume

here are a few i like

swedish Queens
Queen Josefina
Queen Desideria
Queen Sofia Magdalena
Queen Hedvig Eleonora
Queen Katarina Jagellonica

swedish princesses
Princess Desirée
Princess Ingrid
Princess Sibylla
Princess Astrid
Princess Hedvig Sofia

Princess Madeleines middle names
Thérèse
Amelie

Victoria, Alexandra, Elizabeth, Mary, Louisa, Diana
William, Frederik, Hakoon

In a Queen - Victoria
In a Princess - Mathilde
In a King - Frederik
In a Prince - Felipe / Philippe
In babies I love the two names's style like Catharina-Amalia and Louis-Philippe for example.
I just like the way they sound...:)
Regards,
mtbcm

I like tha names Carolina,Constanza,Catalina,Elizabeth,David,Alejandro,Leonardo.

Well, since my name is Alexandra, which is already a royal name, if I could pick, I would like to have the names Gracelyn (Grace, Gracie) or Victoria.

Alexandra is a beautiful name.... I also like Catharina Amalia and Elizabeth..

Ave Maria, gratia plena

The most wonderful royal name is Marie des Neiges which means 'Mary of the Snow' aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... how poetic.

The four sistes-in-law of Princess Irene of the Netherlands (sister of Queen Beatrix) all are named to the Holy Virgin:

Princesse Marie-Françoise de BOURBON-PARME
Princesse Marie-Thérèse de BOURBON-PARME
Princesse Marie-Cécile de BOURBON-PARME
Princesse Marie-des-Neiges de BOURBON-PARME

Josefine said:
Queen Katarina Jagellonica
But you should remember, that "Jagellonica" was her family name. She was from the house of Jagello. So I don't know if a girl, who's not from the house of Jagello, can carry that name.

I like Alexandra and Amelie or Amalia. I think it's beautiful.
If i was a boy, Arthur is great name for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom