Favourite Danish-Greek Baby Name?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which of the following is your favourite Danish-Greek baby name?

• Christian Valdemar Henri John

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Nikolai William Alexander Frederik

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Friedrich Richard Oscar Jefferson

• Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Maria-Olympia

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Konstantin-Alexios

• Achileas-Andrea

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Odysseas-Kimon

• Aristide-Stavros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arrieta

• Anne-Marie

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Carlos

• Amelia

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikolai William Alexander Frederik &
Arrieta

I like the name Arrieta. It's easy to say and remember for any language, but I think in Spanish, they would add the drum roll of the r's.

I don't necessarily like the name Isabella for a Danish princess. In fact, I don't like the name Isabella for any princess except for possibly a Spanish one. Isabella sounds like it has Spanish (and maybe Italian?) origins. Have the crown prince couple ever said why they chose this name?

I think Mary chose this name because she liked it. And if you think of a nickname for Isabella, it would be Izzy, and isn't the crown prince couple's dog named Ziggy? I think Mary just likes the sound of it.

I like the name Arrieta. It's easy to say and remember for any language, but I think in Spanish, they would add the drum roll of the r's.

I don't necessarily like the name Isabella for a Danish princess. In fact, I don't like the name Isabella for any princess except for possibly a Spanish one. Isabella sounds like it has Spanish (and maybe Italian?) origins. Have the crown prince couple ever said why they chose this name?

I think Mary chose this name because she liked it. And if you think of a nickname for Isabella, it would be Izzy, and isn't the crown prince couple's dog named Ziggy? I think Mary just likes the sound of it.
I think that Frederick and Mary´s daughter is called Isabella for a queen of Denmark, born Infanta of Spain, isn´t it? (I think that she was a Catholics Kings´granddaughter)

My favourite name is Maria-Olimpia -perfect Greek-Spanish combination-. I love it.

Maria-Olympia a "Greek-Spanish combination"?
I think it's a Greek-Greek combination,but I won't insist...it's getting late...lol

I think that Frederick and Mary´s daughter is called Isabella for a queen of Denmark, born Infanta of Spain, isn´t it? (I think that she was a Catholics Kings´granddaughter)

My favourite name is Maria-Olimpia -perfect Greek-Spanish combination-. I love it.

I don't know whether Isabella is named after this former Queen of Denmark, but it is true we once had a Queen named Isabelle though in Denmark she was called Elisabeth.

She was Isabella of Austria, Archduchess of Austria, Infanta of Castile and Princess of Burgundy by birth and became Queen of Denmark, Sweden and Norway by her marriage to King Christian II in August 1515. She was the daughter of Philip I of Spain and Joanna of Castile and the sister of Emperor Charles V. She was born July 1501 and died January 1526.

In 1523 King Christian II was deposed by disloyal noblemen. King Christian fled to the Netherlands. She left Denmark with her husband and their three children. She died at Ghent at just twenty-four years of age.

My all time favourite? Anne Marie.......

I like Nikolai William Alexander Frederik. I think there is a certain ring to it, or it might just be that I like the name Nikolai. :rolleyes:

Nikolai William Alexander Frederik.. each of the names are perfect.. also they sounds good together..
i think Christian is also good name to grown with..
Prince Christian..
Crown Prince Christian..
HM King Christian of Denmark..

Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe. :p

My vote for: Odysseas-Kimon!

I love Isabella and Vincent.

I can`t decide between Isabella and Amelia, I love both of them :)

1 Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe
2 Maria-Olympia
3 Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian

I vote for Nikolai William Alexander Frederik!
This name "Nikolai" is so exotic.
I really like this name.:ROFLMAO:

I voted for Amelia as I think it's a very elegant and pretty name. In the Greek Royal Family, I also like Ana Maria, Arietta and Maria Olympia. Not a fan of the Greek royal boy's names, but if I had to choose then my favourite would be Odysseus.

In the Danish Royal Family, my favourite name is Josephine Sophia Ivalo Matilda. It's pleasing to say IMO. I also like Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe, Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte, Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian and Christian Valdemar Henri John.

Last edited:
I like Christian Valdemar Henri John - i love these names and they sound nice together

Cousin Laurence liked Ingrid Alexandra Irma Astrid Benedikte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom