Fan Art, Wallpaper, Videos, Blingee creations etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure were to post it so I just decided to post it here ;)

One of the dear Doña Irene

1metlogo.jpg

Hello from Estonia(n Kingdom:sorcerer: )
300esto.gif

My avatar & signature for Christmas, to bad, but I can't use pictures in my signature ;) so I decided to share it with you guys like this!

Signature:
Onderschrift2.jpg

Post Your Royal Art

Hello everyone -

This is a thread for you to post your art work in relation to Royals. This means any drawings or paintings that you have personally completed, or that are works in progress.

You may post the drawings directly in the thread as long as you can legally specify that this is your own original work. You should include that statement for each drawing or group of drawings you post.

For drawings that have been copied directly from photos, please host the image elsewhere, and post a link to it in this thread.

Empress - Royal Chit Chat Moderator

Here's Diana's portrait. (WIP and Final)

First WIP (Looks like a clown :ROFLMAO:)

Second WIP

Final

That's a lovely drawing, TheTruth. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have Lee Hammond's books on drawing? Another good book for learning to draw is Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. The last two chapters cover how to draw portraits and it is a must have for anyone who wants to get better at drawing.

I think the hair in your drawing is particularly well done. Do you have a link to the photo you used? There looks like there's something slightly wrong with the eyes, not much but when you added the hair it became more noticeable.

Cheers and happy drawing!

That's a lovely drawing, TheTruth. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have Lee Hammond's books on drawing? Another good book for learning to draw is Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. The last two chapters cover how to draw portraits and it is a must have for anyone who wants to get better at drawing.

I think the hair in your drawing is particularly well done. Do you have a link to the photo you used? There looks like there's something slightly wrong with the eyes, not much but when you added the hair it became more noticeable.

Cheers and happy drawing!

Thanks ysbel and sirhon11234. I really appreciate opinions and critics on my drawings ; helps me to improve :D. I don't have any of these books but I'll look for them. Thanks for the tips :flowers:. Here's the picture with the drawing next to it :

ImageShack - Hosting :: dianaandrefpicbysensibllb2.jpg

I had already noticed some differences and comparing with the pic helped to see what I did wrong. At the time, I was fairly happy with it but I'm much more critic about it now :rolleyes:.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheTruth! That is truly beautiful artwork--you have a wonderful talent. The effect of the entire piece is wonderful--the ears are superb, the hair wonderful, and the earrings--you caught the curvature perfectly (that is tricky for some)---keep drawing! I look forward to more of your work.
You know, I'll bet you could do some wonderful drawings of the various tiaras--in Munn's Bible there are drawings of tiaras and necklaces by the various jewelers that they had submitted for approval before making the piece. I'll bet you can create some fantasy jewels or just draw a nice rendition of some pieces.

Thanks ysbel and sirhon11234. I really appreciate opinions and critics on my drawings ; helps me to improve :D. I don't have any of these books but I'll look for them. Thanks for the tips :flowers:. Here's the picture with the drawing next to it :

ImageShack - Hosting :: dianaandrefpicbysensibllb2.jpg

I had already noticed some differences and comparing with the pic helped to see what I did wrong. At the time, I was fairly happy with it but I'm much more critic about it now :rolleyes:.

Its still very lovely, TheTruth! I took the liberty of replacing the photo with a link so that your post would follow Empress's instructions not to post the original photo here.

Artists are ALWAYS very critical of their drawings after they look at them for awhile. That's how we learn and grow but you already know a lot.

On this particular picture, I noticed that the tilt of the eyes didn't follow the tilt of the head but that is a very common mistake that all artists do at least once!

I look forward to seeing more of your work. Perhaps you can post some work as you're doing it? This way if something looks off in the beginning stages of your drawing you can get feedback in time to make a minor adjustment.

I'm looking for a picture from the Portrait poll to do and post here but I haven't found one that really excites me and I think I can do well. The portrait of Margrethe is lovely but its too small for me to get the detail.

Its still very lovely, TheTruth! I took the liberty of replacing the photo with a link so that your post would follow Empress's instructions not to post the original photo here.

Artists are ALWAYS very critical of their drawings after they look at them for awhile. That's how we learn and grow but you already know a lot.

On this particular picture, I noticed that the tilt of the eyes didn't follow the tilt of the head but that is a very common mistake that all artists do at least once!

I look forward to seeing more of your work. Perhaps you can post some work as you're doing it? This way if something looks off in the beginning stages of your drawing you can get feedback in time to make a minor adjustment.

I'm looking for a picture from the Portrait poll to do and post here but I haven't found one that really excites me and I think I can do well. The portrait of Margrethe is lovely but its too small for me to get the detail.

The choice of the picture is very important to me. Like you, I need to have a picture big enough to get the details right. Thanks alot for your encouragements :flowers:

Here are some works I've already finished :
Lady Diana and her brother : Queen Elizabeth II on Coronation Day : Diana and a homeless : Princess Diana :

Last edited:
TheTruth! That is truly beautiful artwork--you have a wonderful talent. The effect of the entire piece is wonderful--the ears are superb, the hair wonderful, and the earrings--you caught the curvature perfectly (that is tricky for some)---keep drawing! I look forward to more of your work.
You know, I'll bet you could do some wonderful drawings of the various tiaras--in Munn's Bible there are drawings of tiaras and necklaces by the various jewelers that they had submitted for approval before making the piece. I'll bet you can create some fantasy jewels or just draw a nice rendition of some pieces.

Thank you so much for this lovely comment :flowers:. Drawing tiaras is a very good idea. I don't know how it will turn out, though. I'm not a very imaginative person so I'd better try to draw from a picture than creating my own :D. If you have a specific piece in mind, please send me the pic :flowers:.

-SNIPPED-

Is there any particular royal you'd like to draw ? Or from a specific country ?

The choice of the picture is very important to me. Like you, I need to have a picture big enough to get the details right. Thanks alot for your encouragements :flowers:

Here are some works I've already finished :
Lady Diana and her brother : Queen Elizabeth II on Coronation Day : Diana and a homeless : Princess Diana :

TheTruth--these are spectacular. Honestly, the one of Diana and her brother was just beautiful--and it made me very sad for the Earl--regardless of their relationship at her death, they were close as children. It is really a remarkable piece of craftmanship.

TheTruth--these are spectacular. Honestly, the one of Diana and her brother was just beautiful--and it made me very sad for the Earl--regardless of their relationship at her death, they were close as children. It is really a remarkable piece of craftmanship.

Thanks again, jcbcode99 :flowers:. My mother convinced me to send it to Earl Spencer and 2 months later, I got a reply from his private secretary. That really lightened up my day :D.

Last edited:
Here's a video of me, or let's say my hands, drawing the poster of 'The Queen'. Being filmed while drawing is strange, I don't know if I'll do it again ... Anyway, here's the final state :
And there the video :
YouTube - Drawing 'The Queen'

WOW!

Well done, TheTruth, your work is fantastic.:)

Thank you, GlitteringTiaras :flowers:.

Here's a drawing of Prince William's baptism :

I'm very critical on this one. I don't really like how it came out and the shading is so weird.

That piece looks like it would be hard to draw--there is a lot going on in it. I think you did it beautifully, and that you captured the Queen Mother quite well! I always love seeing her--but, in all honesty, TheTruth--you just cannot top the sketch of Diana and her brother. It is still my favorite piece!

But, that made me think--there is a photo portrait of Charles and Diana and the boys outside with a picnic lunch; Charles is in riding gear and Diana is sitting on a bench---it would make a wonderful sketch--let me see if I can find it.

That piece looks like it would be hard to draw--there is a lot going on in it. I think you did it beautifully, and that you captured the Queen Mother quite well! I always love seeing her--but, in all honesty, TheTruth--you just cannot top the sketch of Diana and her brother. It is still my favorite piece!

But, that made me think--there is a photo portrait of Charles and Diana and the boys outside with a picnic lunch; Charles is in riding gear and Diana is sitting on a bench---it would make a wonderful sketch--let me see if I can find it.

Oh, I know this picture. I can try to work on it ;). Although, if you have the same but in a larger version, that would be helpful :flowers:.

Here's a video of me, or let's say my hands, drawing the poster of 'The Queen'. Being filmed while drawing is strange, I don't know if I'll do it again ... Anyway, here's the final state :
And there the video :
YouTube - Drawing 'The Queen'

Great work. Congratulations! How long did it take you to finish the picture? Didn't you stop to relax while you were drawing?

Last edited:
Great work. Congratulations! How long did it take you to finish the picture? Didn't you stop to relax while you were drawing?

Thanks Guido. I can't remember really how long it took me ... I'd say around 3-4 hours. And yes, I stopped a few times to save the footage on the computer :D.

That's wonderful ! Watercolors is, for me, the toughest art medium to manage. You did great :flowers:.

Here is a portrait I draw of Letizia. Later I added some effects at my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom