The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2020, 01:06 AM
Majesty

Who does Prince Andrew resemble? I've never been able to see any Mountbatten in his facial features, even when he was young, except perhaps for the sizeable family teeth, but there's very little Windsor there either.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Who does Prince Andrew resemble? I've never been able to see any Mountbatten in his facial features, even when he was young, except perhaps for the sizeable family teeth, but there's very little Windsor there either.
Imo the current Windsor look takes a lot from Q.Mary (Mary of Teck). The distinctive family resemblance that for instance QEII and P.Anne share is very much Q.Mary imo

P.Andrew seems to be the odd one out inasmuch that he has little Teck features. I see more resemblances in the Bowes Lyon family (his grandmothers) and as P.Beatrice is often said to resemble a young Q.Victoria a little, P.Andrew may have some features from that line

But definitely very little of the distinctive Teck look

David Bowes Lyon
https://photos.geni.com/p13/f9/a4/76...2_original.jpg

Younger P.Andrew
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cd/d8...3707433a4a.jpg

Old 08-30-2020, 03:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Imo the current Windsor look takes a lot from Q.Mary (Mary of Teck). The distinctive family resemblance that for instance QEII and P.Anne share is very much Q.Mary imo

P.Andrew seems to be the odd one out inasmuch that he has little Teck features. I see more resemblances in the Bowes Lyon family (his grandmothers) and as P.Beatrice is often said to resemble a young Q.Victoria a little, P.Andrew may have some features from that line

David Bowes Lyon

Younger P.Andrew
I agree on the resemblance to the Bowes Lyon family. Princess Eugenie does look like Prince Andrew. And she definitely does resemble the Queen Mother when they both are in young adulthood.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Nobility

I think Princess Yamin Agha Khan resemble so much her mother Rita Hayworth. Rita was more beautiful than her daughter, but the resemblance is remarkable.

The young Charlotte of Cambridge resemble a lot her grandmother Diana, I think she resemble more Princess Diana than Queen Elizabeth II, her brother George is lookalike her father William, Louis resemble looks like his mother Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

I always thought Anne resembled her mother and great-grandmother Queen Mary very strongly in middle age whilst Charles took the Greek/Danish genes and Edward a mix of Teck and Greece. Prince Andrew looks distinctively Hanoverian as an older man with his jowls and eyes. I can see Hanoverians in William and Peter Phillips too.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post

David Bowes Lyon

Younger P.Andrew

I agree, the Queen inherited a lot of Queen Mary's genes, and has passed them to Anne and Edward in particular.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofitaly View Post
I think Princess Yamin Agha Khan resemble so much her mother Rita Hayworth. Rita was more beautiful than her daughter, but the resemblance is remarkable.

The young Charlotte of Cambridge resemble a lot her grandmother Diana, I think she resemble more Princess Diana than Queen Elizabeth II, her brother George is lookalike her father William, Louis resemble looks like his mother Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge.
I don't think that Charlotte looks much like anyone at present. She's got dark hair and while Diana had brown hair it was a lighter brown.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:20 AM
Nobility

I think Charlotte resemble her grandmother Diana, expecially eyes, lips and smile.
Her hair not so much, but she is very young.

The late Andrew Ali Aga Khan Embiricos resemble a little her grandmother Rita Hayworth, expecially eyes, nose and smile.

Princess Vittoria of Savoy looks much like her mother Princess Clotilde Courau, but the eyes are similar to her father Emanuele Filiberto and great-grandmother Queen Maria José.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:46 AM
Nobility

I think that William takes after Prince Philips Sister - princess Sophie of Greece especially as he’s got older

https://i.ibb.co/6tBNvbY/9-BD1167-F-07-AE-43-F3-8-A98-03-E742-BCA129.jpg https://i.ibb.co/vhvWng9/6-D920-AD7-5792-46-D9-A760-A8-F81-EFE0-FF0.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/GW61DMj/8-E9333-DA-1-DFC-498-D-9990-9-D296-E5-BFFC7.jpg
Old 11-16-2020, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Princess Delphine of Belgium resemble quite to her grandmother Queen Astrid and she resemble to much to her mother Sybille de Selys Longchamps.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old portrait of Astrid of Belgium from Noblesse & Royautes, and I can really see the similarities to Princess Elisabeth and Eleonore!

Astrid de Belgique par Jos Damien et Anna Rutten – Noblesse & Royautés

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-20-2020, 03:56 AM
Majesty

HereditaryPrincess, The old portrait is a magnificent picture of Astrid of Belgium.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Are the Norwegian and Dutch RF’s related?

In Sverre Magnus birthday pictures I see some facial resemblance with Beatrix, Willem-Alexander and Amalia.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Are the Norwegian and Dutch RF’s related?

In Sverre Magnus birthday pictures I see some facial resemblance with Beatrix, Willem-Alexander and Amalia.
They are much closer related to Belgian, Luxembourgian, Danish and Swedish royal families. Nonetheless, there is a connection to the Dutch royals through Harald's great-grandmother who was the daughter of a Dutch princess. King Willem I and his wife Wilhelmine of Prussia are their shared ancestors through this line.

Sverre Magnus - Haakon - Harald V - Olav V/Märtha of Sweden - Haakon VII/Ingeborg of Denmark - Louise of Sweden (queen of Denmark) - Louise of the Netherlands (queen of Sweden and Norway) - Frederick of the Netherlands - Willem I (king of the Netherlands) (9 generations)
Amalia - Willem-Alexander - Beatrix - Juliana - Wilhelmina - Willem III - Willem II - Willem I (8 generations)

In addition, their is the line through one of Harald's other great-grandmothers: princess Sophia of Nassau; with Wilhelm, Duke of Nassau and his wife Pauline of Württemberg as shared ancestors. On the Norwegian side there are fewer generations but on the Dutch side the number of generations is the same.

Sverre Magnus - Haakon - Harald V - Märtha of Sweden - Carl of Sweden - Sophia of Nassau (queen of Sweden and Norway) - Wilhelm, Duke of Nassau & Pauline of Württemberg (7 generations)

Amalia - Willem-Alexander - Beatrix - Juliana - Wilhelmina - Emma of Waldeck-Pyrmont (queen consort/regent of the Netherlands) - Helena of Nassau - Wilhelm, Duke of Nassau & Pauline of Württemberg (8 generations)