Careers For The Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wymanda said:
Perhaps now Alexandra may need to earn a living as she is remarrying can we have some more suggestions what she might do?

I can see Alexandra being a high powered businesswoman. I don't know much about her, what was her career before she married into the DRF?

Princess Maxima: air hostess (?)
Princess Laurentien: A fashion designer. Another Vivienne Westwood? :rolleyes:

King Juan Carlos: Businessman, one of those really famous ones :cool:
Queen Sofia: 'A lady who lunches'

Lena said:
This is hard to answer, because you don´t say, if they would be then Royals (like e.g. the Royals without a throne...the Greeks/ the Italians...) or if they would be lower/middle/upper class people...this would then influence their decision as well (lower class kids have less possibilities than upper class!)

But to guess a few professions/careers for our Royals:
Cp Haakon: teacher (primary school or junior high school)
Cp Willem Alexander: Pilot (he already is one, but then he probably would do this full time)
Cp Charles: farmer (the same like Willem Alexander...then full time)
Cp Victoria: keeper in a zoo
Charles is known as the Prince of Wales (POW) not Crown Prince (CP).

Last edited:
Princess Margriet: Member of the board of directors of a big Hospital [departement nursery/social work] . Or maybe just the same thing she is doing now, working for the Red Cross.

Queen Beatrix: I think she could be something big in business. Art Galery owner or have a leading function in a Museum. In despite of her known passion of art I do not see here make a living as a sculptor.

Queen Paola: Ambassadors wife [that is a profession too in my opinion]. Lanscape gardener, something in a museum [renovator perhaps] or in the Art Galery of Queen Beatrix. Or she could be the woman in charge of a big home for children.

King Albert: Fotographer, diplomat.

Mr. Pieter: Public relations officer at a tribunal.

Prince Philip would be a painter.I saw a painting of his wife and it was very good!Elizabeth ii would seem like she would be a housewife.Prince William said when he was little he would be a cop to protect his mother.

CP Victoria:Lawyer
Carl Philip:Race Car Driver
Madeline:Fashion Designer

Haakon:College teacher
Mette Marit:Elementry school teacher

William:Cop
Kate:Fashion designer
Edward:producer/Actor

WA:pilot
Beatrix:Lawyer

Felipe:Journalist

I think Prince Harry would be a soldier (he is!) or would perhaps be a professional polo player - if there are any?

I think William and Catherine would make excellent elementary/primary school teachers. They're good with children and appear like they have patience.

Daria_S said:
I think William and Catherine would make excellent elementary/primary school teachers. They're good with children and appear like they have patience.

I think Catherine would rather not work at all :p William would make a great teacher.

I think Catherine would rather not work at all :p William would make a great teacher.

I was JUST about to say that. I can't picture Catherine as a teacher but I can see William fitting right into place. I want him to become a teacher now....

Although the Countess of Wessex did PR before giving up to do Royal duties, I can see her a teacher of those with learning disabilities. She appears to be very at ease with them and a natural ability with them.

I can see Prince Harry as a business man of sorts, CEO of a company perhaps. Along with Prince Andrew.

Prince Edward I see either presenting historial documentaries, or being an events organiser.

Princess Maxima: air hostess (?)
Why? I would rather think that she would use her degree in Economics and continue with a career in investment banking as she did before her marriage.

Although the Countess of Wessex did PR before giving up to do Royal duties, I can see her a teacher of those with learning disabilities. She appears to be very at ease with them and a natural ability with them.

Prince Edward I see either presenting historial documentaries, or being an events organiser.

I think the Countess of Wessex would be a good teacher for children with any exceptionality. She seems at ease with children who have special needs in general.

Now the Earl of Wessex would be wonderful as a host of historical documentaries. I remember he did a TV program called 'Crown and Country' back in the late '90s. I saw a few episodes, and really liked his commentary.

Queen Elizabeth II - representative of a large corporation (she's very good at PR!)
Prince Philip - military
Prince Charles - environmentalist
Prince William - military
Prince Harry - humanitarian
Duchess Catherine - fashion model
Prince Andrew - military
Princess Beatrice - model, artist or historian
Princess Eugenie - writer?

Crown Princess Victoria - motivational speaker or teacher
Prince Daniel - gym owner/fitness trainer
Princess Madeleine - chairwoman of a charity for children
Prince Carl Philip - pro race car driver
King Carl XVI Gustaf - military
Queen Silvia - chairwoman of World Childhood Foundation

Crown Prince Frederik - military
Crown Princess Mary - a consultant or teacher
Prince Joachim - travel writer
Princess Marie - advertising exec
Queen Margrethe - historian
Prince Henrik - oenologist (wine maker)

CP Maxima - Hedge Fund owner
Princess Charlene - Swim coach

I think she would love to work with something artistic, perhaps in the theatre creating costumes for the actors, that's something she has been doing even as a queen. I can also see her as an actress, she has the personality for that.

Queen Elizabeth II - representative of a large corporation (she's very good at PR!)
Prince Philip - military
Prince Charles - environmentalist
Prince William - military
Prince Harry - humanitarian
Duchess Catherine - fashion model
Prince Andrew - military
Princess Beatrice - model, artist or historian
Princess Eugenie - writer?

Crown Princess Victoria - motivational speaker or teacher
Prince Daniel - gym owner/fitness trainer
Princess Madeleine - chairwoman of a charity for children
Prince Carl Philip - pro race car driver
King Carl XVI Gustaf - military
Queen Silvia - chairwoman of World Childhood Foundation

Crown Prince Frederik - military
Crown Princess Mary - a consultant or teacher
Prince Joachim - travel writer
Princess Marie - advertising exec
Prince Henrik - oenologist (wine maker)
all right , i imagne them like this

Prince Harry said in an interview that if he was not royal he would be safari tour guide in Africa.

I could picture Sonja as a dressmaker as she has a degree in it.

Prince Charles once said that he would have liked to be a teacher.

William could probably have been an actor; he once tried for a role in a play at college, but the director said that, although William gave the best audition, they couldn't cast him because it would create a media circus.
I always thought that was so unfair.

Harry seems to love his military career.

Crown Princess Victoria said in a interview that she would have loved to be a baker, work with animals, or work with plants.

For some reason (I know she's almost 12) I can picture Princess Elisabeth of Belgium as an astronaut. ;)

Last edited:
QMII: An archeologist, historian and writer (writing about historical archeology :p)
Prince Henrik: Wine maker and writer
Crown Prince Frederik: He's really good with children, so perhaps he would be a teacher
Crown Princess Mary: With advertising (which is what she did before meeting Frederik)
Prince Joachim: Working for Mærsk or some big company like that
Princess Marie: Working with fashion, some big French brand
Princess Benedikte: Equestrian.

Last edited:
I think the Countess of Wessex would be a good teacher for children with any exceptionality. She seems at ease with children who have special needs in general.

Now the Earl of Wessex would be wonderful as a host of historical documentaries. I remember he did a TV program called 'Crown and Country' back in the late '90s. I saw a few episodes, and really liked his commentary.

He also did a series called Castle Ghosts hosted by Robert Hardy.;):D
He also produced two programs where Robert Hardy gave a tour of Sandringham, and Balmoral. Yes please!:D

Queen Elizabeth- Dog trainer or veterinarian.
The Duchess of Cornwall- Special education teacher
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge- Speicial education teachers
Countess of Wessex- Special education teacher
If she were here- Diana Princess of Wales- Special education teacher.

He also did a series called Castle Ghosts hosted by Robert Hardy.;):D
He also produced two programs where Robert Hardy gave a tour of Sandringham, and Balmoral. Yes please!:D

Queen Elizabeth- Dog trainer or veterinarian.
The Duchess of Cornwall- Special education teacher
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge- Speicial education teachers
Countess of Wessex- Special education teacher
If she were here- Diana Princess of Wales- Special education teacher.

I agree with you on all your suggestions. In an earlier post, someone said that the Duchess of Cambridge would be a good model, and I have to say, I disagree completely. Sure, she dresses well, and what she wears sells, but that's about it. She is much better suited to work with children. Having said that, if these people were in special ed., I'd want them working in my school. They would be much better than what we have now.

I see you didn't mention the Duke of Edinburgh, and I think that he would do great hosting a program dealing with politics. He would tell it like it is, and that's what's needed.

Interesting Question. Never thought about it.

Prince Philip: Admiral

Queen Elizabeth: I could see her working at a vet or as a Bookkeeper/Secretary, She would make a Good Representative of a large Cooperation as well as someone said also.

Duchess of Cambridge: I could see her being a Teaching. Probably teaching First or Second.

Prince Charles: Environmentalist.

Duchess of Cornwall: Librarian

Prince Harry: Combat Officer

Prince William: Director

Princess Beatrice: A writer

Prince Andrew: Sport Announcer

Duchess of York: Talk Show Host

Prince Edward: Politician

Countess of Wessex: Housewife

Princess Eugene: literacy advocates

Princess Anne: pharologist

I too could see the Duchess of Cornwall as a librarian.
I can see her, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Countess of Wessex, and the Princess of Wales as pediatricians or pediatric physical, occupational or speech therapists.
Or paras.

Last edited:
Countess of Wessex would be a splendid teacher

Let me give it a try ;):

Prince Philip - Journalist
Prince Charles - Archeologist
Prince William - High School teacher
Prince Harry - musician
Duchess Catherine - Hairdresser
Prince Andrew - Driver
Princess Beatrice - Baby sitter
Princess Eugenie - Cat sitter
Crown Princess Victoria - Piano Instructor
Prince Daniel - Restaurant owner
Princess Madeleine - Nail Artist
Prince Carl Philip - Radio broadcaster
King Carl XVI Gustaf - Public relations
Queen Silvia - Office assistant
Crown Prince Frederik - Cobol programmer
Crown Princess Mary - Fashion Designer
Prince Joachim - Architect
Princess Marie - TV news personality (weather)
Queen Margrethe - Bed & Breakfast owner
Prince Henrik - Insurance Broker
Queen Maxima - Bank CEO
King Willem Alexander - Financial consultant

:ohmy:

Last edited:
Let me give it a try ;):

Prince Philip - Journalist
Prince Charles - Archeologist
Prince William - High School teacher
Prince Harry - musician
Duchess Catherine - Hairdresser
Prince Andrew - Driver
Princess Beatrice - Baby sitter
Princess Eugenie - Cat sitter
Crown Princess Victoria - Piano Instructor
Prince Daniel - Restaurant owner
Princess Madeleine - Nail Artist
Prince Carl Philip - Radio broadcaster
King Carl XVI Gustaf - Public relations
Queen Silvia - Office assistant
Crown Prince Frederik - Cobol programmer
Crown Princess Mary - Fashion Designer
Prince Joachim - Architect
Princess Marie - TV news personality (weather)
Queen Margrethe - Bed & Breakfast owner
Prince Henrik - Insurance Broker
Queen Maxima - Bank CEO
King Willem Alexander - Financial consultant

:ohmy:

I LOVE your comment!!! Queen Margarethe as a bed and breakfast owner??!! Can you imagine???:lol::lol:

I too could see the Duchess of Cornwall as a librarian.
I can see her, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Countess of Wessex, and the Princess of Wales as pediatricians or pediatric physical, occupational or speech therapists.
Or paras.

If these individuals were working as physic/occupational/speech therapists, I can guarantee that all the children at my school would be begging to go and 'play' with them.

Interesting thread,I will give it a try with my suggestions:

UK:
Catherine,Duchess of Cambridge: Art-related therapy with children,as many ppl mentioned before she seems to have a good way with children and I am sure she could combine her creative side (history of art-degree) with her female intuiton to help some children or teenagers with difficulties.

Prince William: He would probably do his job at RAF fulltime or become a police officer. He has always said that he wishes to do someting where he can be of use and help to the society and he definitely has a caring side that is needed for working in public service.

Prince Harry:He cares about children and helping the needy,I could imagine he him working for an organisation like Oxfam where he travels around the world and tries to help people in developing nations.

The Queen:Maybe she would own a farm,work with horses or be a professional showjumper? Definitely something where she can spend lots of time outside,work with horses and live a simple country life:)

Prince Philipp: He would be in the military,he seemed very happy to be an officer and be among tough men. If he was not in the military he might do something in showbusiness where he can entertain with his quirky humour! Stand-up-comedy or political satire would be fun...

Princess Anne: Definitely something horse-related...no question!

Belgium:
Queen Mathilde would probably do what she´s been trained for-speech therapy.
K.Philip: Business or politics

Denmark:
Queen Margarethe:Something creative and artistic, maybe she would design stage-outfits for ballet dancers or work in a theater?

CP Mary:A lawyer ,but she could also be professor at a university.
CP Frederik:I could see him in the boy scouts-movement,he likes sports,adventure and knows how to handle a couple of wild kids;-)

Spain:
King Juan Carlos: A hotel owner or some type of Flavio Briatore who has a lot of affairs with models and does not care what people think about him.
Queen Sophia:She could be working in a museum or teaching students at the university about archeology or history.
CP Letizia: A tv presenter or investigative journalist
CP Felipe:Lawyer or diplomat

Last edited:
Career choices

I agree with all of the career choices for the British Royal Family. Definitely military for Philip, Charles, Andrew, William and Harry. If Harry didn't go into the Air Corps, then he would have gone into the SAS. Prince Philip would probably die in uniform as an Admiral of the Fleet, while Charles and Andrew would put twenty-thirty years in the Navy and then Charles become an organic farmer, perhaps making a fortune. Andrew, he'd go into business as a consultant for a defense company. Edward would do into the theater and make the switch to TV making documentaries or teach History with being the drama teacher on the side.
Sorry if this is too British-centric. I'm still learning more other Royal Families.

Back
Top Bottom