Best Future European Royal Consort

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will be the best future European Queen Consort or Prince Consort?

• Camilla Duchess of Cornwall (United Kingdom)

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway (Norway)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Letizia, Princess of Asturias (Spain)

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark (Denmark)

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • Sophie, Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland (Sweden)

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Votes: 9 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my distant view, Caroline and Ernst August are as separated as one can possibly get. He is reported (that could be exaggerated, of course) to have behaved abominably in public. It is SO ironic that Princess Grace is said to have wanted him as a son-in-law when Caroline was single. However charming and lovely Grace was, she didn't have discernment in that department, to want this EA as a son-in-law. Maybe he was not as raunchy when he was young, so Grace's very bad discernment can be excused.
In any case, if he's on the list of future consorts, I vote for putting him at the bottom of the list of "good future consorts". When Rainier died, EA was in the hospital with a near fatal liver condition from drinking. What kind of a consort is that? They have a lovely little girl, hope she does better than her father.
I agree that Stephanie is regal and will be a regal grand duchess, not just a pretty little thing.
I think Daniel is a fairybook prince. How much more regal is he, though without descent from royalty, than EA? People say he was not "much" because he was a physical trainer, but his work in PT made him graceful and regal and he helped Victoria to become the same. This shows to me that royal descent is of minor use in making a person royal in looks and behavior.

I completely agree Mariel. Daniel has my vote, he has exceeded expectations and is more "princely" than some of the birth ones!;)

I completely agree Mariel. Daniel has my vote, he has exceeded expectations and is more "princely" than some of the birth ones!;)

I'm wit you in regards to Daniel. He projects friendliness, and his love and support for his wife are very evident. He's a natural, and Sweden is lucky to have him.

My vote is for Daniel, too.
And my second favourite is Mary.

im sure they all do the best they can..

but my vote is for mary,
not only because she is "my" crownprincess but simply because i think she does a fantastic job as crownprincess and as lovely wife and mother. she has my biggest respect for all what she has managed in the only 9 years she has been a crownprincess plus at the same time get used to a new country, culture and language.

Last edited:
My vote is for Mary because she is doing a very good job also princess suits her.

Mary and Daniel! And Máxima who of course is already a Queen Consort. :)

Prince Daniel, I assume, will be a very great and well respected Prince Consort.

Daniel for the win.

(Mary too)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Prince Daniel of Sweden will be an excellent Prince Consort. He has been very helpful to Victoria with her royal duties. He is a very diplomatic gentleman.

Daniel has my vote. Camilla in a close second. Letizia is no longer eligible as she is no longer 'future' she is queen consort now.

Daniel has my vote too. He hasn't put a step wrong as far as I can see since he and Victoria became engaged. He's been a wonderful husband and support to the Crown Princess and I'm sure he'll be an excellent consort.

:previous: Ditto Curryong. Once I read the title of this thread, the first name that came up in my mind was Daniel's. I even would dare and say he has been the perfect royal consort sinc ehe got married. A real role model for inspiration.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I usually don't post in these threads, but I will without a doubt say Camilla. She's kind, down to earth and a champion to her causes. I like Daniel and Mary too, and I don't understand what members here who don't speak/understand the Norwegian languish have against Mette-Marit. She isn't comfortable/good with media, but she is kind, down to earth, good with people and she really care about the young and the week in society. And I think she is going to be a remarkable Queen Consort.

Why does Letizia feature this list??

The best european consort is already out there, MAXIMA!!!

Why does Letizia feature this list??

The best european consort is already out there, MAXIMA!!!

That's your opinion, but not mine. Maxima is nothing compared to Queen Sonja. A kind, caring lady who is not afraid to show her feelings. And I thinks that Camilla will be a much better Consort than Maxima.

That's your opinion, but not mine. Maxima is nothing compared to Queen Sonja. A kind, caring lady who is not afraid to show her feelings. And I thinks that Camilla will be a much better Consort than Maxima.

Does that mean that Queen Máxima is not a kind, caring lady who is not afraid to show her feelings? If there is any Queen in Europe with a connection to people and often simply breaks rules to achieve that, then it is exactly Queen Máxima, in my humble opinion.

Queen Sonja and Queen Máxima in a tête-à-tête

It can only be Mary!

Does that mean that Queen Máxima is not a kind, caring lady who is not afraid to show her feelings? If there is any Queen in Europe with a connection to people and often simply breaks rules to achieve that, then it is exactly Queen Máxima, in my humble opinion.

Queen Sonja and Queen Máxima in a tête-à-tête

No, it doesn't. I just said that to me she is nothing compared with Queen Sonja. She has done so much for Norway when it comes to people with difficulties, culture, tourism etc. This is a lady who cries live on TV while she talks to reporters after visiting people in areas in Norway which are affected by storms, floods etc. She helps ordinary people who have injured themselves in accidents while she is on the country residence Mågerø. And as I said above I thinks Camilla is going to be a better Consort than Maxima. This is just my opinion, and you don't need to post pictures of Sonja and Maxima, because I've already seen them.

For me the best European Queen consorts Letizia, Princess Mary, Prince Daniel of Sweden, Stéphanie of Luxembourg, Queen Maxima, Queen Sonja of Norway and of course Mathilde and Silvia of Sweden, and also the Duke of Edinburgh.

I think Camilla will be a great support to Charles as Princess Consort/Queen. I'm not sure what impact she will have with the people on a personal level though. I think today's younger royals and future or current consorts have a more established relationship with the people.

No, it doesn't. I just said that to me she is nothing compared with Queen Sonja. She has done so much for Norway when it comes to people with difficulties, culture, tourism etc. This is a lady who cries live on TV while she talks to reporters after visiting people in areas in Norway which are affected by storms, floods etc. She helps ordinary people who have injured themselves in accidents while she is on the country residence Mågerø. And as I said above I thinks Camilla is going to be a better Consort than Maxima. This is just my opinion, and you don't need to post pictures of Sonja and Maxima, because I've already seen them.

All what you stated is actually shown by ALL consorts. Máxima in tears when coffin after coffin after coffin after coffin with passengers from the shot-down MH17 was unloaden at Eindhoven Airbase. Or still supporting the deadly victims of that madman whom tried to ram her and the royal family in a bus on Queen's Day 2009.... Mathilde in shock and awe meeting victims and rescuers of the attacks in Brussels. Sonja comforting the affected of the shootings and bombings by madman Breivik. Letizia hugging and and supporting victims of a derailed high-speed train, etc. To see differences in here and then to claim that Sonja is such or Camilla will be so and Máxima is that, is most weird. It is not even needed to be tears and so: what about a royal jumping in Amsterdam's canals and participate in a swim for the awareness of ALS, a disease one of her friends suffered?

Last edited:
One can't really compare a Consort who is Queen sincde 3 years tgo a Consort who is Queen since over 25 years and was before Crown Princess and First Lady for over 20 years.

I apologize for my rudeness beforehand, but I see this poll...This topic more of a popularity contest than anything else. As of right now, they are all doing their jobs and they are doing it well. Technically, it's not fair to vote on one person, when they all really deserve it.

All what you stated is actually shown by ALL consorts. Máxima in tears when coffin after coffin after coffin after coffin with passengers from the shot-down MH17 was unloaden at Eindhoven Airbase. Or still supporting the deadly victims of that madman whom tried to ram her and the royal family in a bus on Queen's Day 2009.... Mathilde in shock and awe meeting victims and rescuers of the attacks in Brussels. Sonja comforting the affected of the shootings and bombings by madman Breivik. Letizia hugging and and supporting victims of a derailed high-speed train, etc. To see differences in here and then to claim that Sonja is such or Camilla will be so and Máxima is that, is most weird. It is not even needed to be tears and so: what about a royal jumping in Amsterdam's canals and participate in a swim for the awareness of ALS, a disease one of her friends suffered?
I know that too. I'm just saying that my choice for best future european royal consort is Camilla.

One can't really compare a Consort who is Queen sincde 3 years tgo a Consort who is Queen since over 25 years and was before Crown Princess and First Lady for over 20 years.

No, you cant. I was just replying to Duke of Marmalade's post when she said that Maxima was the best european consort who is already out there, but maybe she meant out of the young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom