Best Future European Royal Consort

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will be the best future European Queen Consort or Prince Consort?

• Camilla Duchess of Cornwall (United Kingdom)

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway (Norway)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Letizia, Princess of Asturias (Spain)

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark (Denmark)

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • Sophie, Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland (Sweden)

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Votes: 9 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishRoyalist

Courtier
City
Somewhere
Country
United States
Who does everyone think will make the best or who is the best Future European Queen/Prince Consort? I know they don't have have same role as a regent but Queen consorts can become influential and raise good causes, etc among other things. They will each be good in their own way and all have their weakness. We have a best Future Monarch poll so I thought there should be one for Future consorts.

I am excluding Belgium and the Netherlands because the Heirs in those countries are still minors.

Future Queen/Prince Consorts

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall (United Kingdom)

Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway (Norway)

Letizia, Princess of Asturias (Spain)

Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark (Denmark)

Sophie, Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein)

Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland (Sweden)

Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Please try and stay on topic as much as possible and not turn this into a Diana/Camilla thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they all are already doing a great job in representing.
Prince Daniel wil be a fantastic consort to his wife, when she becomes queen.
While I cannot imagine a world without HM Queen Elisabeth II, I have no doubt that Camilla will be a down-to-earth and classy consort who supports her husband through thick and thin.

Definately The Duke of Vastergotland, he already does a great job supporting his wife, and i have no doubt that he will be a great consort as well, -he is testament that monarchy is there to serve the people.

Prince Daniel will be a very good Prince Consort for Sweden, and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, in my opinion, is the only one of the current Queens-in-wait to have the same "grandeur" of the current Queens.

The Duchess of Cornwall will be a very down-to-earth Queen, and I feel History will remember her as very popular and beloved consort. King Charles III will be a lucky man to have this amazing woman by his side.

Daniel Westling is doing an excellent job as consort of Victoria.
Letizia is also doing a good job and I believe it will be a great Queen and Felipe a good King.
Also I think Mary is going to be a good Queen and is doing a great job with Frederik.
Mette-Marit is also doing a good job and I think it's going to be a good Queen, and Haakon an excellent King.

Prince Daniel will be a very good Prince Consort for Sweden, and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, in my opinion, is the only one of the current Queens-in-wait to have the same "grandeur" of the current Queens.

The Duchess of Cornwall will be a very down-to-earth Queen, and I feel History will remember her as very popular and beloved consort. King Charles III will be a lucky man to have this amazing woman by his side.

I agree :previous:, I think Daniel will be a magnificent prince consort. He already is a huge asset to Victoria. He seems to have positive relationships with all the members of the SRF. I see him as the person who facilitate positive relations and make sure she enjoys family life as he's already proved to be a lovely father.

I really like Camilla. She, like Daniel, projects a warmth and friendliness that will complement Charles when she's consort. I think Charles will be a great king.

I agree with your assessment of Mary she seems to have known what she was in for when she married Frederik. She will be a good queen.

I think Haakon will be a fine king but I think MM has some way to go in terms a workload.

Felipe already is taking the lead as future kings given JC's health issues. Letizia will be an informal queen.

Stephanie will be a good grand duchess. She lacks some of the grandeur of MT (not that I think MT is cold in any way) but she will be warmer and more approachable IMO.

Last edited:

Agree about Daniel and Camilla. Both, in my opinion, personify the most important role of a consort: to be there to support the regent. Both have proved all their lives.

Stephanie will be a good grand duchess. She lacks some of the grandeur of MT (not that I think MT is cold in any way) but she will be warmer and more approachable IMO.

Curiously, I think the opposite about the ladies: Stephanie is more grand than MT, who is warmer and more approachable, two characteritics that I don't really associate with Stephanie (despite Stephanie being a lovely lady)

Curiously, I think the opposite about the ladies: Stephanie is more grand than MT, who is warmer and more approachable, two characteritics that I don't really associate with Stephanie (despite Stephanie being a lovely lady)

Maybe but I don't find Stephanie grand. I see her as sweet and simple but not at all grand. Her family history is impressive but Stephanie seems more just a lovely young lady IMO. I see her as similar to Mathilde.

Last edited:

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie is an aristocrat by birth, she has that kind of "aristocratic stoicism". I think she'll be a great consort for Luxembourg, maybe she'll follow on the footsteps of the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte.

I think she'll be like Queen Sofía of Spain and Empress Michiko of Japan.

Why The Prince of Hanover's name is not on the poll?

He's married to The Hereditary Princess of Monaco. So, he's a potentially future Prince Consort. I know they're separated, but they're still married.

I think Stephanie is not yet very comfortable in his role. She needs to loosen up more.

Why The Prince of Hanover's name is not on the poll? He's married to The Hereditary Princess of Monaco. So, he's a potentially future Prince Consort. I know they're separated, but they're still married.

Will happen was originally when I suggested the poll I had Future Queen consorts with prince of hanover and Warren said he didn't fit the Criteria of future queen consorts. So I decided to add ask Future royal consort with Prince Daniel of Sweden and I forgot to add the prince of hanover as it now fit the question. Maybe Warren can add him.

Why The Prince of Hanover's name is not on the poll?

He's married to The Hereditary Princess of Monaco. So, he's a potentially future Prince Consort. I know they're separated, but they're still married.

Because Albert has a son, Caroline won't be sovereign Princess.

Because Albert has a son, Caroline won't be sovereign Princess.

Albert doesn't have a legitimate son. His heir presumptive right now is Caroline.

Why The Prince of Hanover's name is not on the poll? He's married to The Hereditary Princess of Monaco. So, he's a potentially future Prince Consort. I know they're separated, but they're still married.

I think given as Ernst August and Caroline are separated and Caroline is only the heir presumptive it's not necessary to include him.

I think given as Ernst August and Caroline are separated and Caroline is only the heir presumptive it's not necessary to include him.

I also don't think it's really necessary, but is the right thing to do.

Until The Prince of Monaco father a legitimate heir, Princess Caroline is the Heiress Presumptive to the Monegasque Throne, and Prince Ernst August will be her consort, if they stay married.

Are they officially separated or it that speculation?

Como você é do Brasil vou dizer em Português:

Eu disse que se Albert tiver um filho, Caroline não será sua sucessora.

Sim, agora eu entendi. Obrigado pela explicação.

Guys, Blog Real meant to say "If Albert has a child, Caroline will not be his successor".

Well, we don't know if His Serene Highness will ever have legitimate children. So, as things stand now, Princess Caroline is the next Monegasque Sovereign, and her husband will be the consort.

Last edited:
I doubt that Ernst August will win a poll for "best future consort". I think that he is the opposite of that. JMHO of course.

Are they officially separated or it that speculation?

According to her Wikipedia page it was reported in 2009 that they were separated and she'd returned to living in Monaco.

I doubt that Ernst August will win a poll for "best future consort". I think that he is the opposite of that. JMHO of course.

So, give the man at least the chance of lose it. :lol:

Realistically speaking, the Prince of Hanover doesn't fit this poll. He's the anomaly.

Even though he currently remains legally married to Princess Caroline, if she were to succeed to the throne he certainly wouldn't be officially recognised as the Monagesque Prince Consort. Unless of course the couple reconciled, as "consort" means "together".
Until that unlikely event, HRH Prince Ernst August (V), Prince of Hanover, Prince of Great Britain and Ireland, Duke of Brunswick and Lüneburg, legal spouse or separated spouse of the Sovereign Princess - yes; but HRH The Prince Consort of Monaco - no.

The fact of being the legal husband of the Sovereign Princess would not automatically give him the official position, role or title of Prince Consort.

I voted for Prince Daniel, because he seems to be a hard working royal. He also appears to enjoy the engagements he attends. I believe he'll make a good King/Prince Consort one day.

I believe he'll make a good King/Prince Consort one day.

Is there any chance His Royal Highness become King of Sweden one day? I always thought he would become Prince Consort, like in Denmark.

Personally I don't like the idea of him (or any husband of a reigning Queen) becoming King.

Personally my opinion is Princess Mette Marit

Is there any chance His Royal Highness become King of Sweden one day? I always thought he would become Prince Consort, like in Denmark.

I think there could be a chance, but only if King Carl Gustaf passes a letters patent which states that Daniel can become King of Sweden (I'm not sure if they "do" letters patent in Sweden but I assume so). Although I think that Daniel will be a Prince Consort like the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Henrik, as he's currently "just" Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland and not Crown Prince Daniel.

I wrote "Prince/King" as I wasn't sure what he'd become in the future. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom