Best Future European Royal Consort

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will be the best future European Queen Consort or Prince Consort?

• Camilla Duchess of Cornwall (United Kingdom)

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway (Norway)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Letizia, Princess of Asturias (Spain)

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark (Denmark)

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • Sophie, Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland (Sweden)

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Votes: 9 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that too. I'm just saying that my choice for best future european royal consort is Camilla.

No, you cant. I was just replying to Duke of Marmalade's post when she said that Maxima was the best european consort who is already out there, but maybe she meant out of the young.

Yes, I was saying that because the voting is strange, Letizia is a Queen as well but listed, and I think it's a generation thing, the young Queens and still-princesses belong together, can never be compared to the likes of Sonja or Silvia.

Technically Leonor of Spain or Amalia is a future European Consort, but they are the next generation of Queens. Until Mary, Daniel etc become Queen or Prince Consort it will only take a few more years.

Well, this poll started in 2013 so probably was accurate with the listing at the time

I'm not really sure what makes someone a "best" partner and as they all basically all already are "royal consorts" it is indeed somewhat of a popularity contest.

From the ones mentioned imo they're all doing a good job (in their own different way)..

I voted for prince Daniel. Maybe it's because I'm swedish, but I also think that he truly has all the qualities you would wish to see in a royal consort. But after reading the thread I would have wanted to also vote for Camilla. Without her, I think that Charles would be lost. She has enormous qualities, and among them is to bring out the best in her partner. So I think that she will be - and already is - excellent in her role, if people just give her a chance.

I agree on the Duchess of Cornwall. She comes over as the most grounded and natural acting one in the British royal family.

I f Letizia is in the poll why not Maxima?

I f Letizia is in the poll why not Maxima?

Because the poll was started in april 2013 and Maxima was (about to) be the queen then, so the original poster didn't add her to the poll...

if you read the first post of this thread poster states "i didn't include Belgium and the Netherlands because their heirs are minors"

I'm genuine pleased to see Crown Princess Mary leads this poll. Crown Prince Frederik could not have chosen better. Mary has from Day 1 did it impeccably. It must undoubtedly have required blood, sweat and tears to leave your homeland, your family, your friends and everything you know, and move to the other side of the world and be presented as the future Queen of a foreign country. Learn a new language, a new culture, a new world. But Mary has been fortunately: She has had the love and support from her husband, her in-laws family and the Danes all the way, and most importantly, she seems to has had hold on to herself all the way. And she seems genuine happy.

She's always hardworking with official duties and successful with the Mary Foundation, and she has from day 1 taken her role as Crown Princess with respect and humility. She is brought up to do her best and I think we owe a certain John Donaldson for part of Mary's success :) She knows that a yearly royal apanage is something you have to make you earn to.

She makes our Crown Prince Frederik to a obvious happy, confident and proud man. And she has borne him four bubbly, natural and happy children. And they come across as, not just a loving couple, but also a super good working team. They are proud of each other. We can see it especially during their uncountable official visits abroad.

In addition, she win hearts with her charming down-to-earth nature. Or, as an Australian reporter said during a live coverage on Danish TV2 news during the Danish Crown Prince couple's last official visit to Australia:

"Dear Denmark. You gave us the most beautiful gift in shape of the Opera House here in Sydney. In 2004, we when gave you our most beautiful gift back to you. Mary."

I know they are Queens now, but I also think Queen Maxima and Queen Letizia has maked it super well. I know Letizia have met and still meets much resistance on her way for her personality, but she seems to be a really hard working royal all year around and that she should has credit for.

Last edited:
Stephanie will be a marvelous Grand Duchess for Luxembourg. Look how happy she and Prince Guillaume are with their son Prince Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom