Best future European monarch

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the best future European monarch?

• Denmark: Frederik

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Norway: Haakon

Votes: 30 10.1%
  • Sweden: Victoria

Votes: 65 21.8%
  • United Kingdom: Charles

Votes: 43 14.4%
  • Spain: Felipe

Votes: 52 17.4%
  • Belgium: Phillipe

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Luxembourg: Guillaume

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • The Netherlands: Willem-Alexander

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Liechtenstein: Alois

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Monaco: Caroline

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watcher

Courtier
Country
Netherlands
I couldn't find this topic, so I created a new topic. This is not about your favourite crown prince(ss), but about which current crown prince(ss) will be the best monarch in the future (according you) and why.

Heirs:

Denmark: Frederik
Norway: Haakon
Sweden: Victoria
United Kingdom: Charles
Spain: Felipe
Belgium: Phillipe
Luxembourg: Guillaume
The Netherlands: Willem-Alexander
Liechtenstein: Alois
Monaco: Caroline

Ps. Perhaps a moderator could create a poll? :flowers:

I think Frederik will do a great job as king of Denmark, as he seems very down-to-earth and connected with the people.

acdc1 said:
I think Frederik will do a great job as king of Denmark, as he seems very down-to-earth and connected with the people.

Yes, that´s true. And if he would even get his butt up and would show this skills as king, everything would be fine :angel: :lol:

Princess Caroline? She is older than Albert. I guess they would go directly from Albert to Andrea, if Albert wouldn´t get legitimate children.

Uh, I think, I can´t decide. It would be easy to vote for the woman, I know most about. But isn´t that unfair then (?)
And there are many other great choices. Some have potential, but very big shoes to fill. I wonder, if and how they can do that. I remember, that King Carl Gustaf was quite unmotivated, when all this criticism around some unfortunate statements came up. And things just improved, when he got all this praise for his actions around the Tsunami. So I wonder, how some of those would act, if ppl would miss the old dead Monarch so much, that they would all the time compare and complain (?)
I´m seeing this esp. with Frederik, Felipe and Charles. But the latter one already got so much criticism, that I think, that the ppl would be positively surprised...

The current heir to Monaco's throne is Caroline. She has not indicated that she would abdicate. As it currently stands she is the next heir - not Andrea. Her age has nothing to do with her ability to inherit the throne (as shown from The Prince of Wales who will not inherit until he's much older!)

I think CP Victoria has thrown herself wholeheartedly into her role as heir to the throne. After a slight problem when she was fairly young, she seems to have accepted her position and got on with the job. So long as she can have a supportive husband beside her, I think she will make a very good Queen.

My vote goes to Victoria. She seems to carry out her duties well. I see her working more than being at leisure. I love the warmth that comes across in her photos. She would be a warm and caring Queen.

Yes, I agree that with the right Prince Consort she would indeed make a wonderful Queen.

Alison20 said:
I think CP Victoria has thrown herself wholeheartedly into her role as heir to the throne. After a slight problem when she was fairly young, she seems to have accepted her position and got on with the job. So long as she can have a supportive husband beside her, I think she will make a very good Queen.
I totally agree Alison. I think that Victoria takes her job as crownprincess quite seriously and I think she is quite dedicated. She also seems to be a very warm fun person. I believe that she will be a wonderful monarch when the time comes (hopefully she will not ascend anytime soon as I hope Carl-Gustaf will live a long time!)

Victoria and Willem-Alexander
They are the most serious, the most dedicated and the ones who do a lot of important stuff (water issues, diplomacy, etc)

It's a little unfair to compare Charles to the rest because he's from an entire different generation and was raised in a different way

Something I just thought of...Prince Alois is already running the principality as the Regent. He seems to be doing a pretty good job.

crisiñaki said:
They are the most serious, the most dedicated and the ones who do a lot of important stuff (water issues, diplomacy, etc)

I completely agree! Victoria is not only a people person but she has the intelligence and skills not to mention genes to be a great queen. As for WA he is also a people person and gets involved in all the important events and needs of his country. My votes go to them.

It's very, very hard to choose: my shortlist is composed of Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Caroline of Monaco, and Victoria of Sweden.

My final vote went to Victoria. :flowers:

Last edited:
If I had to choose 1, Prince Fellipe of Spain/Austrias. Seems so down to earth...his marriage to Letizia proves that he doesn't let anyone push him around and that he can conform to change + he is a loving husband and father.
The next two that I would have vote for, Prince W-A and Princess Victoria, just something about them. I know Victoria is passionate about her future role and will work very hard to serve her country and will prove all those chauvanistic males in her [large/extended] family/country a thing or to ;) .
I do have concerns for Prince Phillipe of Belgiums reign...:eek:...I don't think that Mathilde and her 'beauty' will define his reign as the 'wonder years of Belgium'.

crisiñaki said:

It's a little unfair to compare Charles to the rest because he's from an entire different generation and was raised in a different way

I totally agree with you crisiñaki. My vote goes for Willem-Alexander:)

When casting my vote for Victoria, I was thinking about the 'young generation'.

I think Prince Charles will also do a very dedicated job - he has spent all his life being involved in matters important to the British people. Also, he is much more settled now he is married to Camilla (who I think is doing a great job!).

In no way was my vote for Victoria a slight to Charles. ;-)

Hard choice for me now that the poll is here. I believe that Victoria possesses all of the intangibles to be a good Queen. However, Prince Alois is already running the principality as he has been for almost 3 years as regent. Hmm...

My vote goes to CP Haakon. I think he has proven he will do things his way and I think that he is a very kind, loving person. After HM, I think Willem-Alexander, then Victoria and Felipe.

Felipe and Victoria would be the best future monarchs. They have a strong educational backgroun d and they are well trained as future monarchs of their country.

My vote goes to Willem-Alexander. He is a promising crown prince with already an impressive career. Haakon, Victoria and Felipe are my no. 2, 3 and 4.

The Prince of Orange

Not surprising: my vote goes to His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange.

He has developed himself into a loved and popular Prince. I like his goodnatured attitude which is combined with an invisible line of distance.

And of course, combined with the Princess, a top-couple.

1. HRH The Prince of Orange
2. HRH The Prince of Wales
3. HRH The Prince of Asturias

:flowers:

flctylu said:
I do have concerns for Prince Phillipe of Belgiums reign...:eek:...I don't think that Mathilde and her 'beauty' will define his reign as the 'wonder years of Belgium'.

My sentiments exactly. Also I have the same feeling with Frederik.

I think the Prince of Wales is going to be a great king one day. If as a King, he will be half as good as he is now a prince of Wales, his reign would be remarkable.
I also have a very high opinion of Crown Princess Victoria, The Prince of Asturias and the Prince of Orange.

Felipe, Victoria, Willem-Alexander, Frederick.

Last edited:
Naut2bGrimaldi said:
The current heir to Monaco's throne is Caroline. She has not indicated that she would abdicate. As it currently stands she is the next heir - not Andrea. Her age has nothing to do with her ability to inherit the throne (as shown from The Prince of Wales who will not inherit until he's much older!)

I think Caroline would be a great Sovreign Princess of Monaco, but I think that it was meant that Caroline may pass away before Albert, since she is older, so Andrea may be the most likely to receive the throne. But Caroline does have a good chance of becomming princess. We'll never know until the day comes.

acdc1 said:

I agree, I have the impression that the Danish people really love him, for his down-to-earth personality and his cute remarks and warm gestures towards the crowds and the people. However, being a monarch is more than that, but I think we will see great things from him in the future, I know he will make a fantastic monarch, it just seems to me as if he hasn't prepared himself that well for the role yet.

UK Charles or Sweden Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom