Beautiful / Best Looking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Current royals
Female: Princess Madeleine
Male: Crownprince Haakon, Prince Harry

Older royals
Female: Queen Elizabeth II, Grandduchess Maria Romanowa, Princess Grace and Queen Sonja
Male: Prince Phillip, King George VI

Taste is in the eye of the beholder. Madeleine is far too Barbie for me. The younger Mette-Marit had a stunning classic Nordic beauty.

Pranter in all fairness I did not include Charlotte Casiraghi, her brother Pierre or her sister in law Beatrice because they are not Royal and it's a good thing they are not as I think they'd blow most of the others out of the water. The Grimaldi/Casiraghis have hit the Beauty Mother Lode imo.

I think Mette-Marit had/has incredible bone structure and good skin, but I have never found her truly beautiful.

ETA: Letizia Ortiz at the time of her wedding to Felipe was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen, ditto Rania of Jordan. But extreme weight loss and (possible)Botox have taken away from their looks rather than enhanced them, imo.

Last edited:
I think Mette has her moments, she can look incredibly stunning, but she can also look not the best some days.
She hasnt aged *that* good.

In no particular order, current:
Queen Rania of Jordan
Queen Jetsun of Bhutan
Beatrice Borromeo
Catherine, duchess of Cambridge
K.Felipe of Spain
P.Nikolai of Denmark

all imo ofcourse ?

thought about but didn't make the cut:
Charlotte Casiraghi wins facial beauty hands down, but for me spoils the total package with her posture
P.Charlene of Monaco used to be one of my favs lookswise, but she often looks desinterested or "tight"

Last edited:
I'm going to include the non-Royals but associated with them anyway.

The women:
1. Charlotte Casiraghi
2. Queen Jetsun
3. Princess Caroline
4. Beatrice Borromeo
5. Queen Rania
6. Princess Ameerah
7. Princess Madeleine
8. Princess Claire
9. Princess Haya
10. Lalla Salma

Not to say other women aren't beautiful. I think Máxima, Mary, Catherine etc. are all really attractive women but alas a list is a list.

The men:
1. Prince Carl-Philip
2. Pierre Casiraghi
3. Andrea Casiraghi
4. Sheikh Hamdan
5. Prince Harry
6. Prince Amadeo
7. Crown Prince Haakon (with a beard)
8. Crown Prince Frederik
9. Prince William when he was younger
10. Prince Felix of Lux

:previous: GREAT list, Empress Merel!;)

I forgot about Amadeo of Belgium. Extremely tall and attractive. William was very handsome when he was 18-20 years old .

I have never found Harry the least bit handsome physically, but his personality and character make up for it.

I completely agree that if you include non Royal but Royal associated women Charlotte Casiraghi wins hands down. I simply cannot think of any female in the Gotha with a more beautiful face than that girl, in spite of bad posture, and clothing choices.

Last edited:
Older/Past:
Male - HRH Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh (greek god)
Female - HSH Princess Grace of Monaco (stunning beauty)

Current:
Male - HRH King Felipe of Spain (tall, dark and handsome with the touch of gray)
Female - HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden

These are my pics only, of course depending on my own opinions. There are some really pretty/handsome royals, CP Mary, CP Mette Marit, Queen Maxima, CP Haakon, Prince Harry, etc. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

:previous: GREAT list, Empress Merel!;)

I forgot about Amadeo of Belgium. Extremely tall and attractive. William was very handsome when he was 18-20 years old .

I have never found Harry the least bit handsome physically, but his personality and character make up for it.

I completely agree that if you include non Royal but Royal associated women Charlotte Casiraghi wins hands down. I simply cannot think of any female in the Gotha with a more beautiful face than that girl, in spite of bad posture, and clothing choices.
Yes, I can look at Charlotte's face over and over and still be in awe. That shot of her in my icon is hands down one of the most stunning profile shots taken of any woman ever.

The Gentlemen:
Emperor Charles I of Austria
King Charles (Carl) XIV John of Sweden
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
Prince Felix of Luxembourg

The Ladies:
Empress Elisabeth of Austria
Queen Alexandra of Great Britain

The Ladies:
Princess Irene of Hesse
Princess Marianne of The Netherlands
Empress Zita of Austria

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can count as 'royal' anyone whose parent is royal, so Charlotte Casiraghi and Zara Tindall etc. They may not have a title, but they are members of their respective royal families. If they appear at their family's important occasions, they're royal enough to me. Your grandmother is the Queen or your uncle the reigning Prince, that's good enough for me.

And we have a new Princess Truly beautiful - Princess Alessandra of Hannover, nee de Osma.

A Duchess-to-be/future Princess Henry of Wales is stunningly beautiful.

Male Royal men in the past:
King Hussein bin Talal of Jordan, Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi.
Also Grand Duchess Maria Theresa of Luxembourg was beautiful in her youth, and Queen Silvia too (I love the Latino type of beauty).

Last edited:
Females

Princess Madeleine
Queen Jetsun Pema
Queen Rania

Males

Prince Haakon
Prince Frederick

Queen letizia were very beautiful once but the weight loss has done nothing to her.

Right now, at this moment I think Jetsun Pema, Queen of Bhutan is so beautiful that she almost puts all the other Royal ladies in the shade. A close second would be Beatrice Borromeo, aristocrat wife of Pierre Casiraghi.

But Princess Alessandra "Sassa" of Hanover is also gorgeous.

I also think Meghan Duchess of Sussex is a beauty, as well as Princess Madeleine of Sweden.(Her brother Carl Philip is the best looking male)

A Royal beauty dark horse-one to watch in the future-is HRH Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant.

Last edited:
Right now, at this moment I think Jetsun Pema, Queen of Bhutan is so beautiful that she almost puts all the other Royal ladies in the shade. A close second would be Beatrice Borromeo, aristocrat wife of Pierre Casiraghi.

But Princess Alessandra "Sassa" of Hanover is also gorgeous.

I also think Meghan Duchess of Sussex is a beauty, as well as Princess Madeleine of Sweden.(Her brother Carl Philip is the best looking male)

A Royal beauty dark horse-one to watch in the future-is HRH Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant.
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway is on my one to watch list.

When I look at the Norwegian Royals, I think of Diana bragging that she bred good looks into the BRF - my response to that is "sure Jan." Queen Sonja, on the other hand, can definitely boast that she bred good looks into the Norewegian Royal Family.

Last edited:
I use to like Grand Duke Henri in his younger days and Prince Charles. These days I like Prince Felix of Lux., Princes Haakon, Frederik and Felipe.

Seems strange that I thought Princess Margaret of GB was lovely when I was younger (showing my age) but Princesses Madeleine and Claire (Lux) for the newer royals. I can't help liking Queen Letizia's all round appearance.

Last edited:
Uh
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway is on my one to watch list.

When I look at the Norwegian Royals, I think of Diana bragging that she bred good looks into the BRF - my response to that is "sure Jan." Queen Sonja, on the other hand, can definitely boast that shr bred good looks into the Norewegian Royal Family.

I have read pretty much everything in print about Diana. This is the first time I heard that she asserted that she " bred good looks into the BRF"...that really does not sound like something she would say at all.:ermm:

Last edited:
Meghan, Madeleine, Charlotte, Alessandra of Hanover

Felix, Felipe, Christian of Hanover

Older: Phillip DOE, GD Henri,

Elizabeth II of the 1950s, Grace de Monaco

For males only, I select Pierre Casiraghi, Carl- Philip of Sweden, King Felipe of Spain, Amadeo of Belgium and Christian of Hanover.;)

Haakon & Frederik have both aged well to this point. Like fine wines.
A young Felipe of Spain.
Prince Felix and his wife Claire of Luxembourg.
Prince William when he was 19 was very good looking.
King Willem Alexanders brothers when they were young men were good looking.
Meghan and Catherine are both very attractive. And Crown Princess Mary.
And The Sheikha Mozah of Qatar. A very attractive Lady.

Uh

I have read pretty much everything in print about Diana. This is the first time I heard that she asserted that she " bred good looks into the BRF"...that really does not sound like something she would say at all.:ermm:
It was from a documentary. In fairness to her, it was not Diana saying it directly, rather someone quoting her. It went something along the lines of someone saying to Diana that she bred height into the royal family, and she responded that she had bred good looks into the family as well.

ETA:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ws-prince-william-prince-harry-royal-news-spt

Last edited:
I forgot to mention Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan. And her husband King Jigme Wangchuk is very goodlooking.

Crown Princess Mette Marit is Lovely

I am surprised Queen Mathiilde didn’t make to any of the previous posters’ lists, She is the best looking royal in my opinion in the 40-5O age bracket. I guess most of the previous lists focused either on younger or older royals.

Thank you Queen Claude and Countessmeout.

Not only was Diana silly for saying that....she was incorrect imo.:cool::ermm:

In the British royal family I'd say that Lady Frederick Windsor is currently the most beautiful member male or female. Sophie is a stunning looking girl.

Back
Top Bottom