Zara & Autumn Phillips' Fashion and Style Part 1: January 2018 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zara has her own perception of not caring about her appearance, possibly inherited from her mum. Remember her engagement announcement and the picture of her ring. Broken nails and not not manicured hands. It is just Zara.

:previous:

Autumn chose a similar look with shirt and short skirt for day 2 of the British Eventing at Gatcombe Park today, August 4:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

I thought royal ladies were supposed to wear stockings when in presence of the queen? I know, she's not *royal* but...

I thought royal ladies were supposed to wear stockings when in presence of the queen? I know, she's not *royal* but...

That's more or less a made up rule by the 'protocol' watchers.

LaRae

Can you tell from these pictures?

Both ladies looked lovely at Eugenie & Jack's wedding. I especially like Zara's pearl gray fascinator & shoes paired with the beautiful royal blue of her dress. And bonus that it ties in nicely with Mike's morning suit.

Peter Phillips is the most handsome member of the BRF IMO. And unlike most of his male relatives (Charles excepted), he seems to get more handsome as he ages.

Zara looks cute in her knitted hat with the pompom!

Stunning. LOVE the colour and the dipped hem.

I wish Zara would dress a little bit less boxy, almost everything she wears makes her looks like a square!

Last edited by a moderator:
Autumn does look lovely. That shade of green really suits her. And I like her hat.

I don't like the hem at all, but aside from that, Autumn looks lovely. It's a great color on her.

Zara looks nice. It's nothing extra spectacular, but very crisp and flattering. I wasn't sure at first if I liked the hat paired with the navy coat, but it's grown on me.

I quite like Zara's look....not a fan of the hem on Autumn's.

LaRae

I wish Zara would dress a little bit less boxy, almost everything she wears makes her looks like a square!

She is kinda a square shape....but when she has worn tailored dresses/coats that nip in at the waist then flare out it is very flattering on her.

LaRae

Love the color on Autumn, she really looks great in this green yet the hem, this makes her coat look so unfinished. I nice clean straight line would of been more chic then a dragging hem.....

l like like both so much.
Zara looks so great with Mike, who knows how he wants to dress and that's an asset. At that coat fits really well, which is a place Zara can let it slide a bit (practical gal that she is).

And I like it a lot that Autumn took a bit of a risk here. That coat would have been very meh without the hem.

EDIT - I just saw the video of Autumn walking and love the lining of that coat in motion. And one kvetch - I am not enjoying Zara's scraped back hair. But, I should not be throwing rocks as I have not yet pulled myself together today. ;)

Last edited:
Yes the hem makes the outfits interesting.

Always adore Autumn, she probably is my favourite in term of fashion in BRF. Love that green.

Quite like the purple and navy combination from Zara.

I love Autumn's coat style & it really suits her.

Zara's coat looks OK but I wish she'd stop wearing little hats as they do nothing for her. She looks amazing in wide brimmed hats - they really emphasise her classic good looks.

I love, love, love Autumn's entire outfit. The only slightly off part was the hem of the coat but other than that she looked absolutely spectacular. The color, the hat, the shoes....she really nailed the whole look.

As for Zara...I love her shoes. I would agree that the tailoring is sorely lacking here. Yes, Zara is shaped differently than some of the other ladies of the BRF and that's entirely fine but when she wears things that are more nipped at the waist and then flair out she looks much, much nicer than the boxy, square items like this particular coat. As for the hat...a previous poster commented that she looks much better in larger hats and I agree 100%. Larger hats, even fedora style hats, with her hair down or half up/half down are much, much more flattering on Zara than the tightly pulled back hair with the tiny hat.

I have always loved Autumn's and Zara's style. I loved the leopard lining in Autumn's coat and I think she looks great in green. I really loved Zara's purple hat.

I loved the color of Zara's hat, although the scale of it was a little on the small side. It would have looked better with the coat if it were a little bit larger. She frequently seems to have issues with fit, so I think she may just be one of those people whose body doesn't match the standard cuts, and who isn't fussed enough about it to do detailed alterations.

Both gorgeous looks from Zara and Autumn. I like how Zara's outfit is mostly dark though she's wearing a brighter fascinator for a bit of colour - if there are going to be dark colours during winter or Christmas, this is how it should be done IMO!

:previous: Zara looks great. It seems as if she's enjoying her time in Australia - must be quite different from Sandringham!

Not a fan of the neckline and bodice area..not flattering on her. The lower part is cute.

LaRae

Zara in a casual outfit for a Land Rover photo shoot in Queensland:

** Full view **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom