The Royal Hat Gallery: Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Kate's hat at the wedding. Surely Treacy again (I wonder if the British royal family - except the Queen - does have any other milliner :p). I'm not so fond when she wears fascinators, simply because she needs an updo. I wonder if we will ever see her with a nice updo. :neutral:

I think you are right, Dierna23, maybe the hats would look much nicer on her when she would start wearing different hairstyles - I think an updo would look lovely on her.

Considering Kate doesn't style her hair in an updo- then I suppose fascinators work best for her. However, I'd love to see her with an updo and wider brimmed hats. Guess its a personal choice-

hats for royals

I've been watching some videos of royal gatherings and I observed that most women wore hats. whats the significance of wearing hats for royals?

Thank You for the link,I've voted,but the results of voting don't appear on the page

Which hat did you vote for?

(I voted for Carole Middleton's, but I wish we were allowed to vote for more than one, because I really liked Zara's.)

Which hat did you vote for?

(I voted for Carole Middleton's, but I wish we were allowed to vote for more than one, because I really liked Zara's.)
You've guessed my vote,I've voted for Zara's hat,the most original,aristocratic and appropriate in my view

I loved Kate's hat at the wedding. Surely Treacy again (I wonder if the British royal family - except the Queen - does have any other milliner :p). I'm not so fond when she wears fascinators, simply because she needs an updo. I wonder if we will ever see her with a nice updo. :neutral:

I don't think Kate likes having her hair up, that's just the impression I get.

The Queen's milliner is Rachel Trevor-Morgan, but I haven't heard that she makes hats for the rest of the RF.

(There was a clip on the news that shows a journalist at Phillip Treacy's studio, (the woman tried on Zara's wedding hat, although he wouldn't say who the hat was for) and then Beatrice pops in, she looked really at home there and talked about how she loved hats).

I'm in the minority when I say that I actually like the butterfly hat. Beatrice has a great eye for hats/fascinators minus the fascinator worn to William & Kate's wedding.

In a way she and Queen Beatrix have millinery fashion in common. And I love it all!

I'm in the minority when I say that I actually like the butterfly hat.

I though I was the only one who liked it! It is one of my favorite things she's worn but most people seem to hate it!!

Bea and Eug are young women with a sense for "interesting" headgear.

Unlike older ladies, they can get away with it.

There's also the "envy" factor.....

I though I was the only one who liked it! It is one of my favorite things she's worn but most people seem to hate it!!
She looked wonderful in it and I think people are just so used to putting the boot in they actually missed the overall effect.

Her outfit was colour coordinated and it suit her so well but there are those in great danger of falling off their high horses whinging about how inappropriate it is to wear it a to a family wedding! Hell, if there is one place you can be yourself, surely it has to be with your family and friends.

Princess Beatrice ROCKS her butterfly hat! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It is hideous. It is an example of having to be "over the top" to get attention. She is not a great looking girl, through no fault of her own, but she could dress with panache. She dress as a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the hat that HM. wore at Braemar today!
That bright blue rocks!:cool:

Queen Elizabeth hats in UAE

Pic 2

Queen Elizabeth in Oman today:

Pic 1 * Pic 2
Love, love these hats, especially the pink one!;)
Never seen these pics before!:)
I discovered this thread today- love it!:)
I love Diana's hats the most- thanks for all the great pics of them, I would post my favorites, but there are too many!;)

Love, love these! Never seen them before! thanks!

The hats of Princess Diana are beautiful:
http://i32.tinypic.com/25f0w95.jpg:rose:Never seen this pic before! Love the blue and white combo!
http://i31.tinypic.com/300tixc.jpg:rose:
http://i32.tinypic.com/20r30yb.jpg:rose:
http://i29.tinypic.com/2vjvtsn.jpg:rose:

I love Princess Diana´s hats:
:rose2:
http://i34.tinypic.com/ae00au.jpg
:rose:
I love these Di hats! Love the yellow and pink combo in the last one, reminds me, of yellow cake with strawberry frosting!:cool:

This has always been my favorite Diana hat! So stylish, classy, and elegant!:cool:

Maxima's hats by Fabienne Delvigne (Belgian Designer).

Christening of Alexia
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Christening of Amalia
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Christening of Ariane
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
The 2nd and 3rd set not great, but acceptable.Alexia,what was she thinking?!:eek:

1- too large, love the color.
2 and 3 are perfection.
Dislike 4, and the other lady in the photo looks like she has a cinnamon roll on the top of her head.
5 looks like an overturned wastebasket.
Dislike 6 thru 8.
9- 10- perfection.

I love these hats and photos of HM. The pink is also my favorite. What a yummy color for the Queen. It could look very Barbie ish on someone too young but so flattering on her!

There are some lovely hats here. Love the pink/light purple hat HM wore for Ascot. She looks great in pastels.

Dislike 4, and the other lady in the photo looks like she has a cinnamon roll on the top of her head.
The other lady = Queen Beatrix :whistling::ROFLMAO:
But the hat does looks like a cinnamon bun/roll without the icing

The head gear Maxima chose to wear to Alexia's baptism was a total horror. The ones she wore to the baptisms of her other daughters were all right. Not sure if there are any hats of hers that I like at this point.

The head gear Maxima chose to wear to Alexia's baptism was a total horror. The ones she wore to the baptisms of her other daughters were all right. Not sure if there are any hats of hers that I like at this point.
Thanks Daria! You helped me fix a goof, I meant to say the hat worn to Alexia's baptism was horrid, not Amalia's.
All those A names confusing! ;)

The other lady = Queen Beatrix :whistling::ROFLMAO:
But the hat does looks like a cinnamon bun/roll without the icing
Go figure- Beatrix = interesting hats!;):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom