The Most Terrible, Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Undoubtedly one of the worst I've ever seen. Not exactly regal or elegant.
It would have worked on a stick figure on the runway but, on Caroline at a ball? . . . . . Mutton dressed as lamb! :ROFLMAO:

It would have worked on a stick figure on the runway but, on Caroline at a ball? . . . . . Mutton dressed as lamb! :ROFLMAO:

In fact I have seen this very same gown on several 6 feet tall runway models and it looked rather chic. But this is NOT Caroline's style at all and it is even worse than her choice last year, IMO.

I think she is having a mid-life crisis.

Unfortunatelly, Caroline's dress at Rose Ball was one of the worst:sad:

This trend of black transparency has been seen on Nicole Kidman (her dress at the Oscar gala) and on some other celebrity (who I cannot recall). The overall impression is not stylish but cheap.

I think Caroline wasnt herself when putting the dress on or the wrong dress got delivered and had no choice but to wear it since it was Chanel Couture (because it seems she only wear that to such events). In a million years I would never guessed she would wear something like that. Thats not fashion, thats disaster.

I should repost my comments from the rose ball here but I am to lazy All I can say is Lagerfield designed the damn thing without his guide dog ( i assume he wears the shades constantly for his blindness) And she left the house without a friend/family member/mirror/concerned member of the public in her path.

the dots one could join the bow attacks the senses!!!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
princess caroline rose ball dress

I'm sorrry. Not to be prudish or anything, but is her nipple showing? Is that really how a princess of two royal houses and a mother of grown children should dress?
YOU ARE NOT IMAGINING THINGS--I SEE IT TOO!! What was girlfriend thinking? It's slutty at 20 (Paris Hilton) It's pathetic over 40 (my age). She is a beautiful and elegant woman. Fire the stylist.:bang:

Protect your eyes :eek:

Queen Margrethe II - a crazy neon coloured combination... I don't find any words...
Fargerik på fest - SEHER.NO : Danmarks kongehus
:lol:

I really wonder why the Royal Ladys love neon-yellow dresses... Märtha, Sonja, Margrethe...Urgh..
luckily for the designer I am speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay; I really can't see this dress anymore. :glare:

to-bright-to-look-at-it yellow dress

It was quite beautiful when Sonja wore it for the first time. I just thought: Wow, that's a very special dress. Very recognizable and unique... then she recycled it again and again and the yellow color started to hurt in my eyes...
now I just think: Someone has to burn it. ;)
Hey I wore that when I was eleven at my brothers wedding same style/colour only shorter !!:ohmy:

I love this thread people I dont know a lot about fashion but I am smart enough to listen to my friends and have friends that will give an honest opinon thanks for the posts am coming back I think this is my fav thread!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay; I really can't see this dress anymore. :glare:

to-bright-to-look-at-it yellow dress

It was quite beautiful when Sonja wore it for the first time. I just thought: Wow, that's a very special dress. Very recognizable and unique... then she recycled it again and again and the yellow color started to hurt in my eyes...
now I just think: Someone has to burn it. ;)

that is quite a dress :ROFLMAO: unique and impressive :lol:

It looks even brighter in this pic:

Warning:
Take out your sunglasses before opening this picture! :cool:

http://www.media.allerinternett.no/php/obj.phpi?o=2368528&w=450&frame=0

I don't know any other dress that got so many nicknames during the years then this one!
I heard about
- the yellow nightmare (probably the mostly common used one :lol:)
- the Canarian bird
- the yellow one again :glare::glare:
- protect your eyes - dress

Some friendly comments that have been made by our TRF members about this dress :lol::

Marengo:
Please, please King Harald, when your wife is sleeping tonight sneak away to her dressing room, take the yellow dress and burn it in the palace gardens! Sigh ;)
Christinacg and LaMinka:
How many times has Sonja worn that dress?
Well, if you can count that high ... :D
Me:
Why , oh why???
ap3
Loved everyone's gala outfits. Except for Sonja's bright yellow dress, way too yellow.
Well, but there also exist several people who actually love that dress! ;)

Last edited:
YOU ARE NOT IMAGINING THINGS--I SEE IT TOO!! What was girlfriend thinking? It's slutty at 20 (Paris Hilton) It's pathetic over 40 (my age). She is a beautiful and elegant woman. Fire the stylist.:bang:

Well, I just picked up the British Hello! and France's Point de Vue and both mags are raving about Princess Caroline's sense of "chic" and "daring" for wearing that getup. They both thought she was ravishing. I don't get it! Maybe the Princess has sued so successfully in Europe that the mags are just afraid to criticize her!!

ap3Well, but there also exist several people who actually love that dress! ;)

Count me amongst them.

If--and only if--it were in sheer sexy black. The silhouette of that dress is spectacular; the line is beautiful. The colour could work but not on her.

Bright colour but wonderful design and gorgeous material. Sonja looks wonderful in these kind of evening gowns. She's still in wonderful shape for a lady her age (70 years young).

And I don't know if it's mentioned or damned in this thread, but the salmon coloured evening gown is also another favourite of mine. Looks superb on her!

And goodness, what is with that neon yellow and fuchsia thing? It's proof that monarchies--despite my love and respect for them--are not in place by divine right, but rather by right of arms and charms. No God would allow an outfit like that on one of his/her chosen without throwing a few thunderbolts around.

Viewing the dress again it's not that bad. It kind of "grows" on the viewer. Sure the color is a bit, um, bright, but it works on Sonja. Now if someone else wore it... oh dear. I doubt they would be able to get away with it.

Did she steal them from Elton John in 1975? These are horrible!
There is much to admire about Maxima, but her fashion sense is a little to eclectic for me.

And she looks an awfull lot like her mother in law, only without the "helmet"!

When I saw this pic of Maxima I immediately laughed. Maxima's style is so weird. Her large flower earrings but I somehow like it. That's Maxima....
It's true, Maxima reminds me of us in the 70/80 -- but I love it on her -- she can get away with it as she just doesn't care -- that is her style -- love it or leave her alone is probably her attitude. Good for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom