The Most Terrible, Part 2: April 2004 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this one. From a mentor reception with Queen Silvia of Sweden.

The pattern is too busy and mixes too many colors together. And, I don't know, I think there's just something about the way that she carries herself that makes the dress look worse. Like, there are some women who could pull that dress off, maybe, but not her.
Queen Silvia's dress isn't too hot, either. The beading and the cut are less than flattering. And what's with that gigantic fur stole? It looks really bad.

Attachments

• MTmentor3.jpg
    MTmentor3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 484
I really didn't like this dress either. Green, in my opinion, is not her color- especially dark green. The neckline was too severe for her. Sorry I don't have a better shot of it.
Also, a rather dorky looking Guillaume is included in the picture. :) But I'll admit, he looks great in that uniform!

Attachments

• 4guillaume.jpg
    4guillaume.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 411
Enough MT bashing, let's move on to MC :p

I'm surprised no one's posted this hideous creation from WA + Maxima's wedding ball. It's a Valentino design. Apparently, that's all the reassurance she needs to wear it. Maybe I should change my name to Valentino and start designing things. I bet I'd make a fortune!

Attachments

• mcroyal16.jpg
    mcroyal16.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,400
The caption under this photo was "Marie-Chantal of Greece wearing a Valentino dress."

Hmmm. I hate the off-the-shoulder thing. The color isn't too great either. It makes her look sallow and washed out.

Attachments

• mc1.jpg
    mc1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,452
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Attachments

• mcpavcostume.jpg
    mcpavcostume.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,292
And one last one....Marina Doria at MC and Pavlos' wedding.

Just....ick. This woman has absolutely no style sense at all.

Attachments

• marina1.jpg
    marina1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 497
Argh!Marina,really, It hurts...hehehehehe.....but I love the design of the blue dress of MC by Valentino...the color...a little too bright...

suturegeisha said:
The caption under this photo was "Marie-Chantal of Greece wearing a Valentino dress."

Hmmm. I hate the off-the-shoulder thing. The color isn't too great either. It makes her look sallow and washed out.

Looks like curtains! Valentino? I don´t think so. Must be from the Scarlett O´Hara collection.

suturegeisha said:

That dress looks like the one Jennifer Lopez wore to the Oscars a few years ago (which itself was an immitation of one Jackie Kennedy Onassis wore). I don't think it's that bad actually.

SpiffyBallerina said:
That dress looks like the one Jennifer Lopez wore to the Oscars a few years ago (which itself was an immitation of one Jackie Kennedy Onassis wore). I don't think it's that bad actually.

I'm surprised no one's posted this hideous creation from WA + Maxima's wedding ball. It's a Valentino design. Apparently, that's all the reassurance she needs to wear it. Maybe I should change my name to Valentino and start designing things. I bet I'd make a fortune!

MC is a perfect example of the fact that money cannot by you taste, style or class!!:eek:

suturegeisha said:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
does this actually count wearing a national custom?it is what it is a and has been from generations

then this with bra less roylas
did not princess Laurentien wear something taht looked really bad due to bad bra or due to lack of bra
was it at the danish weddin`g?

Last edited:
Camilla fashion faux-pas

Some of these are SOOOO funny!

Well, in honour of Camilla's engagement (and the fury of opinions it has unleashed!) I thought I'd post one of her fashion faux-pas. It will be very interesting to watch her future fashion.....

I dont think this one needs much comment! Enjoy.

Eliza

Attachments

• Camilla 2.jpg
    Camilla 2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 392
galuhcandrakirana said:
it is not for woman in her age:eek:

no,
if you want to see an italian princess with real style, see the wife of the late agnelli

azile1710 said:

Well, in honour of Camilla's engagement (and the fury of opinions it has unleashed!) I thought I'd post one of her fashion faux-pas. It will be very interesting to watch her future fashion.....

Eliza

she looks a bit like a depressed person dressed as an egg.
But the man LOVES her and that is the most important thing.

azile1710 said:

Eliza
Ooh, that one looks bad. No offence, but it looks like a maternity top, and I don’t really like the colour on her.

Laurentien from a week ago.

Attachments

• LAURENTIEN-THEATER_gr.jpg
    LAURENTIEN-THEATER_gr.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 601
  • post-69-1107817146.jpg
    post-69-1107817146.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 773
SpiffyBallerina said:
I don't even know where to start with this one...:eek:

Well, I think the outfit is something that works on a catwalk, but not very well in everydaylife.

WHO is the designer? I live in holland and it is not mentioned in the papers.
Perhaps a belgian designer?

i have a question for laurentien-and what were you thinking? just looking at the pic makes me dizzy
and as for camalia-she will keeps us laughing for a long time with the way she dresses

semisquare said:
i have a question for laurentien-and what were you thinking? just looking at the pic makes me dizzy
and as for camalia-she will keeps us laughing for a long time with the way she dresses

i agree that Camila will keep us ALL laughing until maybe the day she die...
well...u can see that from her red see-thru dress from the gala last nite...it's just....BADBADBAD~!!! and UGLY too....

I think most of what she wore in the 1980s was pretty bad. I know there were a few things that were nice - but most of it was horrible. In my opinion, it wasn't until she finally separated from Charles that she started to dress really well (and dress well most of the time).

To be fair to her, though...the 1980s wasn't the most forgiving decade. A lot of the stuff that was *in* then hasn't held up well over time - in hindsight, it doesn't look elegant it just looks dated. It also didn't help her that british fashion didn't really kick into high gear until the 90s (although, of course, there were some good designers in the UK way back when - just not like now). She really tried to wear a lot of british designers to help promote the industry, so her choices were a little limited. Had she stuck to exclusively french designers it might have been different.

I see al this pictures and I can't think of her as gone!!! I really do cry everytime I think of all the pain she failt that horrible night.

...Sarah the Duchess of York...

Attachments

• AADS003312.jpg
    AADS003312.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 406
maryshawn said:
I agree re: wedding dress. It WAS voluminous but it was popular in terms of the styles of the time and presented nicely in the huge cathedral. Whatever the truth was--and here I refer to Mr. Devorik, a designer and friend later in her life--about her "wishing the moths had reduced the volume of the dress. Yuk!" Diana chose the Emmanuels from a host of designers and the designs they presented. She also relied heavily on British Vogue editors for advice so the dress was entirely of her choosing. Quite different from the sleeker ones now--Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's slip dress for example--it fit the times. And I still believe a very sleek little number would have not gone over well.

what surprised/chocked "everyone" when she came out of the carriage was that the material (very thin silk?) was all crumpled.
that was unusual in the eighties and for a bride in particular.

Danielle said:
I have no idea what to say. I guess it was the '80s. Right? :confused:

...:)...My thoughts exactly when I saw this photo for the first time...;)...Yes, I belive it was just before her wedding to Prince Andrew...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom