The Most Terrible, Part 2: April 2004 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies for using "bashing" thought it was allowed since it was used here previously:

suturegeisha said:
Enough MT bashing, let's move on to MC :p

I'm surprised no one's posted this hideous creation from WA + Maxima's wedding ball. It's a Valentino design. Apparently, that's all the reassurance she needs to wear it. Maybe I should change my name to Valentino and start designing things. I bet I'd make a fortune!

I'll try to keep my prejudices to myself from now on and thanks for the warning Warren :)

Piewi said:
I don´t like it. It´s so...shocking and red. And the hat is awful, it´s so big. It wasn´t a good choise of Maxima. But we all had mistakes;)

LOL Lauretien seems to be the Queen of "bad outfits"!!! She has wore so many "not nice" outfuits

What was this woman thinking in wearing this?? OH MY!!:eek: :eek:

Piewi said:
I don´t like it. It´s so...shocking and red. And the hat is awful, it´s so big. It wasn´t a good choise of Maxima. But we all had mistakes;)
LOL

Well, this outfit was unexpected! I think, however, that Maxima is one of the more vivacious women in royal circles, and her bright personality made her able to try to carry this off..... I don't like the hat either but it's unmistakable- she still wore the hat. It didn't completely wear her!

Here's some of her Latin passion coming out, maybe!!!! I guess we can just smile and shake our heads (and secretly wish we had enough courage to venture out in public with such a production on our heads!!!!!!!!)

LOL!!!!

Eliza

Good point -- her hat in this picture is also not my taste at all either; but ok -- it certainly gets Maxima the attention and maybe that's the point :eek:
[url="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=157338&stc=1&thumb=1"]http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=157338&stc=1&thumb=1

Notice the poor woman in the back seems to be craning her neck to see around that contraption of a hat that Maxima is wearing...

I really like Maxima, but that hat..my goodness....[/url]

Last edited:
poor laurentien. don't know why people sometimes tend to pick on her because of EVERYTHING she does...

I think Letizia is the only crown princess with an innate sense of style. The others--Maxima, Mary, Mette-Marit--seem to have "bought" their elegance, you might say, and without the teams of stylists and beauty professionals they probably have, and the access to designer clothes, they would look quite ordinary.

From Hellomagazine.com, I'm so not liking this hat. Is Maxima going through a big hat phase? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
azile1710 said:
Here is a couple that might need to rethink these outfits;

it's great to see Elena wearing more colour than she usually does, but I'm not sure this is the best look for her! Jaime, however, needs to get a suit jacket that doesn't strain so much to button up.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=165601

Enjoy!

Eliza

He looks like he has put on a great deal of weight. Do you think Laurentien saw this pantsuit and got one for herself? :D

azile1710 said:
Here is a couple that might need to rethink these outfits;

it's great to see Elena wearing more colour than she usually does, but I'm not sure this is the best look for her! Jaime, however, needs to get a suit jacket that doesn't strain so much to button up.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=165601

Enjoy!

Eliza
Oh my.

Well, the colors in her outfit would certainly brighten up the afternoon:p

Errrhhh... wow. Meaning that I'm lost for words, because this recent pic of Infanta Elena and her husband certainly puts them in the same league as Princess Laurentien & husband plus Princess Claire & husband:
They are all doing their best (or rather their most terrible...) to qualify in the competition for the Worst Dressed Royal Couple Of The Year Award!

Has there been any recent outfits from the royals that just make you scream in disbelief? :D

Jaime de Marichalar :eek: always wears the worst pants and I mean always, look at this one:
http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/reportajes/2530_1.html
Elena has a great sense of style, but she has come around, because she started very wrong (again, the 80's were awful in fashion), look at the end of the article:
http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/10minuto/web1/hoja.shtml?dm2627_03

By the way, what do you think of Cristina and Iñaki?, I don't think I ever seen them commiting a fashion crime, but if anyone knows anything:D

On the other hand, Laurentien really REALLY is the worst dressed along with [ed] Marie Chantal (who's not very good looking and sometimes she looks like Pavlos older sister and not his wife).

[ed]

I hope i'm not being offensive to anyone, but that's the way I feel:)

Well, yesterday I searched for some good outfits on Laurentien, today it's time for some recent and very bad ones. I hate to say this, but it hasn't been too difficult to find them. :eek:

(Source: seeger press)

1. Dress worn to the Opening of the Parliament, september 2005. I didn't like it a bit. It was just a weird dress.
2. A pink parade on Alexia's baptism. I do love vibrant colors, but ehm...well . It's especially the hat that I don't like.
3. Laurentien in green. Could be nice as a frog costume too... :(
4. A not so pretty maternity outfit. Hope she does better the next few months then she did with this one when she was expecting Claus-Casimir...

Last edited:
Máxima recently wore some outfits I really don't like:

(Source: seeger press)

1. The lilac matron dress... ieeeee!
2. The same thing, but with pants and in white... argh!
3. The beehive hat, worn on the church wedding of Floris and Aimée. I like the cut of the suit, but that thing on her head was quite awful! :(
4. The 'I'm going to choke in my own coat' outfit, also worn on the wedding of Floris and Aimée. (This was a really bad weekend).
5. Love the hat, love the red jacket, but I really don't like the skirt and the same goes for the scarf. Not a very good combination...

But most of the time (as we all know) Máxima is of course just fabulous... ;)

And last but not least, our very fashionable princess Mabel, who didn't do too well recently... :eek:

(source: seeger press)

1. Very dull, grey outfit at Alexia's baptism. With a really weird neckline.
2. Well, what can one say? Liftboy hat, combined with bathrope... :eek:
3. I don't even want to know what she was thinking...
4. Baggy skirt and jacket with great bow (of course...)
5. Beatrix' engagement dress!!! That was just so stupid! That's the Queen's dress! Don't you touch it! In Holland everybody was joking about it. 'Huh? Doesn't she have any money to spend on clothing?' :rolleyes:

Wait, what do you mean, that's the Queen's dress?

Tinika said:
Wait, what do you mean, that's the Queen's dress?

Yes it was, she wore it on the 28th june 1965 when Queen Juliana announced her engagement to Claus von Amsberg. Here is picture of it from www.eindhovensdagblad.nl. It's not in color, but you can see it's the same dress. I just thought it was weird. I don't think that I will ever wear any dress of my mother in law and surely not an engagement dress... :confused: I don't understand that Beatrix let Mabel borrow it in the first place...

Dennism said:
Has there been any recent outfits from the royals that just make you scream in disbelief? :D

Yes there certainly has.:D

for me, this one - I'm sorry, for me it's too much :eek:

Last edited:
azile1710 said:
it's great to see Elena wearing more colour than she usually does, but I'm not sure this is the best look for her! Enjoy!
Eliza
Enjoy you said? I'm left blind! Did she just stepped out of a Clown Class? :D
The colors are too bright, too blinding. What was she thinking of? She is always so elegant and coordinated.

Toledo said:
Enjoy you said? I'm left blind! Did she just stepped out of a Clown Class? :D
The colors are too bright, too blinding. What was she thinking of? She is always so elegant and coordinated.

Let's hope it's a one time thing and pray she's not being under the influence of her husband's hideous fashion sense:eek:

I am sorry for Princess Laurentien. Seems that no one (including me) likes what she wears.urgh! Some of the stuff she wore, I wouldn't wear it eve if I was promised 1 million $ (though, maybe for 1 million...:) ).
Mabel isn't comforting as well.
I generally like Infanta Elena very much but that colourful dress.. it was too much!

I believe Laurentien won the Award for Worst Dressed Royal of the Year, cheers!!! the crow is going wild :D

Martha's Red & Green Dress

hrhcp said:
Martha pretending to be a tomato ?
:) ;)

Yes, that's great - A tomato with a vine growing up and around her neck:eek:

Queen Of Hearts Dress

cute_girl said:
this is what defines the word terrible:D

This dress is, indeed, awful!!!! Who is the person wearing it?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back