The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 10:56 AM
Courtier

They are a tad too expensive for me, but they are cute...

https://www.aquazzura.com/en/boutiqu...0-sue-000.html

Old 07-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
They are a tad too expensive for me, but they are cute...

https://www.aquazzura.com/en/boutiqu...0-sue-000.html
Lovely as they are, ,that really is a quite expensive for a flat pair of shoes, even by designer standards!

Old 07-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

That's pretty normal for a designer flat and actually quite typical. I've seen some that are about $1,000.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 4: June 2019 -

The Duchess of Sussex at Wimbledon this afternoon;

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1...706406912?s=21

Better view of the Blazer:
https://twitter.com/delmody/status/1...615025152?s=21
Old 07-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Seems a bit underdressed for Wimbledon.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

I love Meghan's look! Very cute.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Pinstripe Blazer, jeans and soft top, a lovely and comfortable choice for watching tennis on a hot London day. Meghan looks great.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Meghan exudes elegance even in jeans. She looks really great
Old 07-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Courtier

I feel that the jeans are a bit too casual, but I absolutely love her pinstripe blazer, which is a repeat from the Australian tour.

The blazer helps to balance out the casualness of the jeans just a bit. I would have much preferred tapered pants with this look, but overall, she looks nice and comfortable. This is a typical "Meghan" look even before royalty.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Meghan exudes elegance even in jeans. She looks really great

I know it is not centre court or the royal box, but isn't she underdressed compared to the people around her ?
Old 07-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 4: June 2019 -

I think you have drawn attention to why it is okay that she has ‘dressed down’. She isn’t in the Royal box. I have had the pleasure of attending Wimbledon on quite a few occasions and plenty of people dress casually - especially those who are there for tennis rather than having the opportunity to participate in the corporate hospitality. Meghan would have easily blended in and not drawn particular attention to herself and her friends. That said, from a fashion point of view, I would have liked to see some elegant trousers. But she looks great .
Old 07-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfectly dressed for the occasion and I notice she loses her baby weight beautifully !
Old 07-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Blazer too tight in the shoulders and hair too messy, even for the non royal section.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't see her under dressed simply by wearing jeans. Nothing dressy about the women with her other then dresses. Not all dresses are dressed up either.

If she was in Royal box I may say needed trousers not jeans but she isn't.

Great blazer and cute top. Jeans are great for tennis match.

And for those on her about repeating.....

Jacket is from Australia tour
Hat is old including Wimbledon in the past
Earrings are her Pippa earrings
Old 07-04-2019, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Blazer too tight in the shoulders and hair too messy, even for the non royal section.
What a surprise! Usually you have nothing but nice things to say about the DoS.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-04-2019, 11:04 PM
Majesty

It looks to me as if she went to Wimbledon as "Meghan" and not as "The Duchess of Sussex". I love that she went with her friends to enjoy a game of tennis and have a laugh or two with said friends. Her dress is just Meghan and she's not in the Royal Box.

That is not to say that she was not dressed appropriately, I loved her ensemble, especially her blazer even if it no longer fits as well as it used to and her hat which doesn't seem to fit as well as it used to either which would not be surprising if she is still breastfeeding.

Days like this won't come often for Meghan and seeing her sitting in the 'cheap seats' wearing her signature hat and having a ball with two ghosts is pure gold.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It looks to me as if she went to Wimbledon as "Meghan" and not as "The Duchess of Sussex". I love that she went with her friends to enjoy a game of tennis and have a laugh or two with said friends. Her dress is just Meghan and she's not in the Royal Box.

That is not to say that she was not dressed appropriately, I loved her ensemble, especially her blazer even if it no longer fits as well as it used to and her hat which doesn't seem to fit as well as it used to either which would not be surprising if she is still breastfeeding.

Days like this won't come often for Meghan and seeing her sitting in the 'cheap seats' wearing her signature hat and having a ball with two ghosts is pure gold.
That is how I saw her too. She was just being Meghan. Not the Duchess of Sussex. She looked comfortable to me. The jeans and blazer looked good. I’m glad she got to see Serena win. Think the last 2 times Serena has lost when she was in attendance.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I know it is not centre court or the royal box, but isn't she underdressed compared to the people around her ?
It actually doesn't matter to me. She looks comfortable in that outfit. It would be too much if she opted of a much more formal look when she's surrounded by many people dressing down. And this was not an event in court circular, this was another surprise appearance from her. So I don't think she's underdressed.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Casually elegant i like the whole attire, she dtill have few extra baby weight and that suit her
Old 07-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Pinstripe Blazer, jeans and soft top, a lovely and comfortable choice for watching tennis on a hot London day. Meghan looks great.
Yep, Meghan looks like her California Casual self. Easy, no-fuss casual glamour with a relaxed edge of sophistication. Her casual presentation in jeans and white pin-striped jacket with her trusty Panama hat, I think serves as a reminder that she's on maternity leave.

Meghan seems to have a new ease and confidence in every public appearance that was somewhat missing at this time last year, when she apparently was feeling her way sartorially and going through a bit of a difficult summer, combined with trying to conceive.

Going through pregnancy and giving birth has seemed to completely relax and fulfill her. Stylistically, she seemed to begin hitting her stride in early September in the sense that she stopped trying to adhere to conservative notions of how she should dress, coupled with trying to balance her own sartorial identity. By last September, Meghan appeared to have decided not to worry about pleasing others with how she dresses, but simply to please herself and be herself.

At TTC in her go-to navy, Meghan seemed happy and low-key, but Harry seemed a bit on edge. Yet they were both back to sartorial ease and PDA heaven at the recent ballgame.

Closed Thread