The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little more structured type of dress. It was great for that setting.

LaRae

She looks radiant and I for one would like to see her keep some of the baby weight-gives a nice lovely fullness to her face.

I just saw that...has Meghan worn her clothing before? I don't remember that name!

LaRae

I just saw that...has Meghan worn her clothing before? I don't remember that name!

LaRae

She was formally at Dior so perhaps she collaborated with her on some of her Dior outfits?

She was formally at Dior so perhaps she collaborated with her on some of her Dior outfits?

Quite possible I'd say....will be interesting to see if she continues to wear her designs.

LaRae

Was she at Dior or just collaborate with them on the Resort collection? Either way, it doesn't really matter.

I thought it was nice that she had a more structured dress rather than a loose dress with St. George's Hall as backdrop.

Meghan looks lovely, and while it's doubtful we'll ever see this dress again, I am very hopeful that we will see Meghan wear more clothing from this designer. The style certainly suits her, and championing a young, talented British designer is a fantastic choice.

Meghan looks lovely, and while it's doubtful we'll ever see this dress again, I am very hopeful that we will see Meghan wear more clothing from this designer. The style certainly suits her, and championing a young, talented British designer is a fantastic choice.

Could not agree more. It is good to see her support British talent and businesses.

I think the tied bow at the front is a clever addition, without being too fussy it subtly detracts from the usual straight line of a button down dress. She does indeed look radiant.

Apparently Ms. Wales Bonner is also a lecturer at Parsons in NYC (28 and a lecturer at a prestigious school!). Seems like most designers, she's got a rather international connection.

Last edited:
Very nice dress, especially the neckline. However the tie looks very sloppy to me and ruins the look, wish it had been left out.I like the way she appeared groomed but not overly so, her hair didn’t look as though she had a hairdresser. I also like the extra weight on her, her face looks youthful, don’t think either one them looks tired! Very good baby, for now!

I think the colour and style is very forgiving at this stage when she's still carrying her extra pregnancy weight.

She looks great around the face where she has filled out a bit so I'm hoping she won't lose it all

totally love this dress!! and am on board with the privacy they had after the birth. the stair step "appearance" right after giving birth???? HECK NO

I like the dress which seems to fit her usual style. Nice for a new designer too.

I love the dress, but I think it's really irrelevant what she was wearing today. Focus should be fully on the presentation of the baby and that she has just went trough childbirth.

:previous:Well, except this is the fashion thread, so commenting on the clothes is kind of what we do here! There are other threads for the more important stuff ?

I certainly wasn’t wearing a white dress and high heels two days post partum.
I did, however, sport a face as full as the autumn moon.

Not a fan. Although front was much better than back.

I like the dress though agree that from the film footage, the back looked better than the front. The main thing is that it's nice to see Meghan looking so well.

Was she at Dior or just collaborate with them on the Resort collection? Either way, it doesn't really matter.

I thought it was nice that she had a more structured dress rather than a loose dress with St. George's Hall as backdrop.

She simply collaborated with the Marakesh collection. She was one of 2 African heritage designers asked to be a part of it.

She actually started out as a menswear designer. But her coats became sought after by women. She is also an artist and has an exhibit at the Serpentine.

I like the look. Very fresh choice for the event and good choice considering her changing body. I like her new designer she showcased.

The articles I linked earlier give us a great understanding of Wales Bonner's fascinating background, focus and aesthetic in the design industry. I like hearing about up-and-coming designers via bespoke clothing worn by royal ladies.

I think Meghan looked lovely and just right in the dress. I know some people mention not liking the bow and the long slit in the back. I think those are nice touches that make the dress stand-out. Plus Meghan is clearly also showing how comfortable she is and has been with the changes her body has undergone.

I agree that the extra weight in Meghan's face, arms and legs (which is not much there since she has very naturally thin legs) actually looks good on her. She wears it well. Most likely, Meghan will end up losing most of her baby weight via her normal nutrition and exercise routines. She'll surely also lose that slightly dark flush in the skin on her chest, associated with pregnancy.

The most important thing is simply maintaining a healthy weight that you are comfortable with, and not trying to excessively lose weight, but just taking things slow and natural. Right now, Meghan is most likely going to be nursing Archie, which supposedly helps in the mother slowly returning to her pre-pregnancy norm. I wonder if we will see Meghan at Trooping the Colour this year. That decision is probably up-in-the-air right now.

Meanwhile a new outfit that Meghan wore during her pregnancy was revealed in the recent Shout promo video:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/...ction-oscar-winning-actress/story?id=63004679

The coat is pretty, and the skin-tight black leather, ankle-high leggings are fashionable and on-point. Throughout her pregnancy, Meghan managed to remain very stylish. It will be interesting to see what she has in store for Archie's christening, if indeed we see them publicly for the christening.

Of course ignoring the fact that the Australian brands she wore were, shocker here, during her tour of Australia. Pretty common event for royals :whistling:

If we stop being Ignorant of the fact that they represent the queen's realms and not simply the UK, that number goes way up as we can include the Canadian and Australian designers in those numbers.

Or the fact that designers don't design only in their country. Supporting British designers in the global market, like her wedding dress, is part of that as well :ermm:

Crazy I know, to think people actually think outside of the borders of the four GB realms.

But certainly the DM has a point. Royal women like Sophie and Kate would never be caught dead in foreign labels like Givenchy or Prada, Dior, Channel......oh wait.....

If we stop being Ignorant of the fact that they represent the queen's realms and not simply the UK, that number goes way up as we can include the Canadian and Australian designers in those numbers.

British clothes when representing the British Royal Family; Canadian /Aus / NZ clothes when carrying out engagements in or related to Canadian /Aus / NZ respectively would make sense. However, Canadian clothes for a local British engagement don't help the British cause, IMO.

I think it's fine if BRF women recycle Can/Aus/NZ clothes they bought for tours & I don't have any problem with them being worn afterwards for British engagements. The occasional piece by other non-Brit designers is OK too but as I've said before, the balance for all working BRF members (men & women) should be heavily in favour of the British fashion industry. I hope over the next year we see Meghan in more British labels.

I think it's fine if BRF women recycle Can/Aus/NZ clothes they bought for tours & I don't have any problem with them being worn afterwards for British engagements. The occasional piece by other non-Brit designers is OK too but as I've said before, the balance for all working BRF members (men & women) should be heavily in favour of the British fashion industry. I hope over the next year we see Meghan in more British labels.

Very well said, and I agree with your comments entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom