The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Here's a better full view photo of today's look.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sorry; Navy top and black trousers actually.

Thanks Ice; I’m on my phone and gone only link so quick, ha!

Old 09-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Majesty

Can’t say I’m really a fan of this outfit. It would have been a good event to dress down, maybe a little sporty.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I actually like this outfit. Its sleek and elegant and well... it just works for me. It doesn't stand out so as to say "look at my clothes!" but looks good on her without distracting from what she is doing and why she is there.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Courtier

I like this silhouette on her a lot. It does seem a touch fancy for a sporting event, but I do get the distinct impression she purposely does that to underline that she's not going to follow Kate's lead and participate in demonstrations. As someone who is embarassingly bad at traditional sports, I can absolutely get behind creative avoidance of such endeavors.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I like this silhouette on her a lot. It does seem a touch fancy for a sporting event, but I do get the distinct impression she purposely does that to underline that she's not going to follow Kate's lead and participate in demonstrations. As someone who is embarassingly bad at traditional sports, I can absolutely get behind creative avoidance of such endeavors.
It's not just a sporting event, it is also an award ceremony. They are presenting awards later. I would expect those handing out an award as guests of honor at a graduation to be just a tad bit more dressed. Harry is without a tie, but he's not exactly dressed down either. Has nothing to do whether or not she'll participate, they did in fact participate.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:16 AM
Majesty

I think what Meghan is wearing is fine for this event. I very much like that top, especially. I don't know about wearing stilettos on that floor but throwing a ball and looking animated and as if you're enjoying the outing makes for a good photo op. As they are both going to be presenting awards later Meghan's top doesn't look too dressy, IMO.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, yet again, Megan continues to wear foreign designer wear almost exclusively. When will she get it? Does she not get it, or is it a degree of obstinacy that is causing this? Or does she now think of herself as an international celebrity (like the Clooneys ), a citizen of the world, and therefore, not bound to support British business? Thoughts and ideas welcome.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Majesty

The graduates themselves are just wearing white coach core T-shirts. I think a more casual outfit would have looked better.

Has Meghan cut her hair or something, it looks completely different for this event.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, yet again, Megan continues to wear foreign designer wear instead of supporting British brands. When will she get it? Does she not get it, or is it a degree of obstinacy that is causing this? Or does she now think of herself as an international celebrity (like the Clooneys ), a citizen of the world, and therefore, not bound to support British business?
Maybe.... just maybe after consulting with her new family that actually are working royals and with advisors and those that are "in the know", she's come to realize that it really isn't that big of a deal and has been told to wear whatever she is comfortable wearing.

As Charles foots the wardrobe bill, if there were complaints about a lack of British designers and labels, Meghan would comply. I'm sure of that.

JMO of course.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:32 AM
Nobility

I don't like the outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The graduates themselves are just wearing white coach core T-shirts. I think a more casual outfit would have looked better.

Has Meghan cut her hair or something, it looks completely different for this event.
Well, her hair looks different because she is not doing keratin treatments.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Maybe.... just maybe after consulting with her new family that actually are working royals and with advisors and those that are "in the know", she's come to realize that it really isn't that big of a deal and has been told to wear whatever she is comfortable wearing.

As Charles foots the wardrobe bill, if there were complaints about a lack of British designers and labels, Meghan would comply. I'm sure of that.

JMO of course.
Or the bosses at work (ie, the Queen and Charles) are deliberately being quiet, hoping she will work it out for herself.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like the top but not for this outing, it just looks off.
Also the heels look silly at such an event.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I never like the combination of navy blue and black. I don't like it on her either. Both pieces are fine, but in a different color palette it would have stood out a little more.

Don't really care for the way she did her hair either. The front layers and the way it's styled at the roots is not her best look.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

It just morphs into a solid dark mass of an outfit. Perhaps a brighter top and something besides a narrow heel.

The color of the top is nice..but I don't think it goes with the black pant. A lighter blue maybe.

LaRae
Old 09-24-2018, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

On the plus side, the trousers are at least hemmed to an appropriate length, although I agree that stilettos on that floor and the potential for damaging it makes me wince.

The top is fine (I'd like to see it in better photos) the hair is fine, the overall ensemble is dark as per usual, but also fine.

In fact, nothing much to get excited about. She's clothed.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Well, her hair looks different because she is not doing keratin treatments.
Yep....
Old 09-24-2018, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
On the plus side, the trousers are at least hemmed to an appropriate length, although I agree that stilettos on that floor and the potential for damaging it makes me wince.

The top is fine (I'd like to see it in better photos) the hair is fine, the overall ensemble is dark as per usual, but also fine.

In fact, nothing much to get excited about. She's clothed.

Lots of pics on Twitter ...it's a nice enough top although I think all that drapey fabric around her hips is not overly flattering. It's just nothing special.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
Yep....

Ok refresh my memory..these are done to straighten the hair?

How can you tell she's not doing them?

Just recently she was doing something and her hair was very sleek and straight/shiny.

LaRae
Old 09-24-2018, 12:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ok refresh my memory..these are done to straighten the hair?

How can you tell she's not doing them?

Just recently she was doing something and her hair was very sleek and straight/shiny.

LaRae
It's a hair treatment for us curly girls, yes. It's pretty obvious when someone has not been doing them after having been very careful with keeping up the regiment for the better part of the past decade. There are some HQ photos floating around. You have to look to her roots and edges, not the rest of her hair - those can still be sleek and straight - but those baby hairs rarely lie when someone has been skipping treatments. I don't think we should necessarily speculate until there is an official announcement, but let's just say, there are certain 'times' when it is advised against.
So, if my haphazard guess is correct, I reckon we'll be seeing some careful hair manoeuvring and unusual hairstyles until that announcement comes. Or she is just taking a small break for other reasons and the glossy roots will be back in no time. :)

ETA: expanded a bit more for context
Old 09-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
It's a hair treatment for us curly girls, yes. It's very obvious when someone has not been doing them after having been very careful with keeping up the regiment for the better part of the past decade. There are some HQ photos floating around where it's especially obvious at the very top and near her edges. They are at least 4 weeks out, in my estimation(very likely even longer). I don't think we should necessarily speculate until there is an official announcement but there are certain 'times' when it is advised against.

So, I reckon we'll be seeing some careful hair manoeuvring and unusual hairstyles until that announcement comes.
Very interesting context, thank you for explaining.

Closed Thread