The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

This coat is just divine ! Wonderful colour, wonderful cut !
Old 09-20-2018, 07:57 PM
Gentry

I’m in love with this coat. I guess I’m partial to blue! Do we know who the designer is?
Old 09-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
Do we know who the designer is?
Smythe Peaked Lapel Coat
Tuxe ‘Renegade’ Bodysuit
Misha Nonoo ‘Saturday’ Skirt
Sarah Flint ‘Jay 100’ Pump
Old 09-20-2018, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Meghan looked amazing today!

I just put my order in for those heels. And I really want that coat!
Old 09-20-2018, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Love the jacket great pop of color.

Skirt and shoes are amazing too. Great look.

Her mother looks lovely too. Nice to see her.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Sussex at the charity cookbook launch in London today, September 20:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part without the coat **
She looks wonderful. Love the coat and dress. The colors are beautiful.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, she looked lovely. Must have been hot in that coat, it's 20 degrees C / 70 degrees F in London today - hardly coat weather.
Doria lives in LA, so she is used to warm temperatures. 70 degrees F isn't really that warm for her-LA is in the mid to high 80s this week.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Doria lives in LA, so she is used to warm temperatures. 70 degrees F isn't really that warm for her-LA is in the mid to high 80s this week.
Was talking about Meghan, not Doria.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Meghan looked amazing today!

I just put my order in for those heels. And I really want that coat!
Seriously, who has fingers that quick? I wanted that coat, but was too late.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
You know, I think you have a point. I don’t think she has to wear British brands all the time, but hopefully she’ll incorporate them more frequent than she has so far post-wedding. I think it’s important for any Royal of any country to do so. I also think that it’s better to be more sensitive to the fact that she is a British Royal now and some in the British public may not like her wearing so many foreign brands. I think it’s a fair criticism or concern. Not everyone will agree but that’s ok.

I like her outfit today! She wears this particular shade of blue very well.
I agree. As a member of the BRF, I would expect to see her largely wear British fashion brands, with the occasional "foreign" piece thrown in for good measure.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Seriously, who has fingers that quick? I wanted that coat, but was too late.
They are back ordered so I won’t get them until Christmas so I wasn’t quite quick enough lol!
Old 09-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the shade of blue for the coat - it really suits her. Also keen on the coat and the skirt combination. A very well judged choice for this engagement. Better still is the obvious pleasure and warmth in the faces of Megan. Mum and Harry.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

This was a wonderful occasion where the smiles and genuine warmth of all those present made for a unique situation. Meghan looked wonderful in that coat (I think the breeze was a little nippy in the open) and her top and skirt were not too formal or "royal" to distance her from the people she has spent her time with.

It was quite something to see all of the women wearing their "best" dress for the occasion and Doria really hit that elegant but not "posh" look right on target. But it really was the overall atmosphere that showed through, the smiles, laughs and inclusiveness made everyone look lighter and brighter.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

After watching some of the footage of Meghan and Harry's arrival, I think the reason the coat may have been included is because when Meghan was getting out of the car there was an obvious "Marilyn moment" with the skirt flying up. Meghan covered it quickly by turning away and pulling the coat closed, but the addition of that coat may have been for exactly that reason. If so, very smart on her part to avoid a wardrobe malfunction on her first (not actually completely) solo engagement.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Meghan's coat is gorgeous and I like that she added a bit of colour to it. It's clear now that she's not a lover of bright colours and prefers subtle colours like this shade of blue when she wants to liven up outfits. I wasn't a fan of the pleated effect of her skirt at first but now I think it looks good.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We all know that the Queen favors bright colors because, as she's stated, she has to be seen to be believed. Perhaps Meghan is intentionally sticking to subtle and neutral shades and colors so as to create the opposite effect. To be seen as part of what is going around her rather than standing out.

That's my thoughts anyways.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, here’s to hoping we’ll see a lot of beautiful blue in the future. The Duchess of Sussex said in Queen of The World that her something blue was fabric from the dress she wore on their first date sown into her veil.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I posted a link about that in the 'General' thread for them. It is very sweet. Maybe she can start wearing more color...I'll take blue!

LaRae
Old 09-23-2018, 08:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
After watching some of the footage of Meghan and Harry's arrival, I think the reason the coat may have been included is because when Meghan was getting out of the car there was an obvious "Marilyn moment" with the skirt flying up. Meghan covered it quickly by turning away and pulling the coat closed, but the addition of that coat may have been for exactly that reason. If so, very smart on her part to avoid a wardrobe malfunction on her first (not actually completely) solo engagement.
True, it was a life saver however, I noticed the other ladies serving were wearing coats as the front of the tent but took them off later. Perhaps the wind had a distinct autumnal nip in it.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 -

https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...604185600?s=21

Meghan in black. Oscar De La Renta and Altuzarra.

EDIT: I was wrong, it’s navy blue.
https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...258766848?s=21