The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This coat is just divine ! Wonderful colour, wonderful cut !

I’m in love with this coat. I guess I’m partial to blue! Do we know who the designer is?

Meghan looked amazing today!

I just put my order in for those heels. And I really want that coat!

Last edited:
Love the jacket great pop of color. :flowers:

Skirt and shoes are amazing too. Great look.

Her mother looks lovely too. Nice to see her.

I agree, she looked lovely. Must have been hot in that coat, it's 20 degrees C / 70 degrees F in London today - hardly coat weather.

Doria lives in LA, so she is used to warm temperatures. 70 degrees F isn't really that warm for her-LA is in the mid to high 80s this week.

Doria lives in LA, so she is used to warm temperatures. 70 degrees F isn't really that warm for her-LA is in the mid to high 80s this week.
Was talking about Meghan, not Doria.

Last edited:
Meghan looked amazing today!

I just put my order in for those heels. And I really want that coat!

Seriously, who has fingers that quick? I wanted that coat, but was too late.

You know, I think you have a point. I don’t think she has to wear British brands all the time, but hopefully she’ll incorporate them more frequent than she has so far post-wedding. I think it’s important for any Royal of any country to do so. I also think that it’s better to be more sensitive to the fact that she is a British Royal now and some in the British public may not like her wearing so many foreign brands. I think it’s a fair criticism or concern. Not everyone will agree but that’s ok.

I like her outfit today! She wears this particular shade of blue very well.

I agree. As a member of the BRF, I would expect to see her largely wear British fashion brands, with the occasional "foreign" piece thrown in for good measure.

Seriously, who has fingers that quick? I wanted that coat, but was too late.

They are back ordered so I won’t get them until Christmas so I wasn’t quite quick enough lol!

I love the shade of blue for the coat - it really suits her. Also keen on the coat and the skirt combination. A very well judged choice for this engagement. Better still is the obvious pleasure and warmth in the faces of Megan. Mum and Harry.

This was a wonderful occasion where the smiles and genuine warmth of all those present made for a unique situation. Meghan looked wonderful in that coat (I think the breeze was a little nippy in the open) and her top and skirt were not too formal or "royal" to distance her from the people she has spent her time with.

It was quite something to see all of the women wearing their "best" dress for the occasion and Doria really hit that elegant but not "posh" look right on target. But it really was the overall atmosphere that showed through, the smiles, laughs and inclusiveness made everyone look lighter and brighter.

After watching some of the footage of Meghan and Harry's arrival, I think the reason the coat may have been included is because when Meghan was getting out of the car there was an obvious "Marilyn moment" with the skirt flying up. Meghan covered it quickly by turning away and pulling the coat closed, but the addition of that coat may have been for exactly that reason. If so, very smart on her part to avoid a wardrobe malfunction on her first (not actually completely) solo engagement.

Meghan's coat is gorgeous and I like that she added a bit of colour to it. It's clear now that she's not a lover of bright colours and prefers subtle colours like this shade of blue when she wants to liven up outfits. I wasn't a fan of the pleated effect of her skirt at first but now I think it looks good.

We all know that the Queen favors bright colors because, as she's stated, she has to be seen to be believed. Perhaps Meghan is intentionally sticking to subtle and neutral shades and colors so as to create the opposite effect. To be seen as part of what is going around her rather than standing out.

That's my thoughts anyways. ?

Well, here’s to hoping we’ll see a lot of beautiful blue in the future. The Duchess of Sussex said in Queen of The World that her something blue was fabric from the dress she wore on their first date sown into her veil.

I posted a link about that in the 'General' thread for them. It is very sweet. Maybe she can start wearing more color...I'll take blue!

LaRae

After watching some of the footage of Meghan and Harry's arrival, I think the reason the coat may have been included is because when Meghan was getting out of the car there was an obvious "Marilyn moment" with the skirt flying up. Meghan covered it quickly by turning away and pulling the coat closed, but the addition of that coat may have been for exactly that reason. If so, very smart on her part to avoid a wardrobe malfunction on her first (not actually completely) solo engagement.
True, it was a life saver however, I noticed the other ladies serving were wearing coats as the front of the tent but took them off later. Perhaps the wind had a distinct autumnal nip in it.

Sorry; Navy top and black trousers actually.

Thanks Ice; I’m on my phone and gone only link so quick, ha!

Can’t say I’m really a fan of this outfit. It would have been a good event to dress down, maybe a little sporty.

I actually like this outfit. Its sleek and elegant and well... it just works for me. It doesn't stand out so as to say "look at my clothes!" but looks good on her without distracting from what she is doing and why she is there.

I like this silhouette on her a lot. It does seem a touch fancy for a sporting event, but I do get the distinct impression she purposely does that to underline that she's not going to follow Kate's lead and participate in demonstrations. As someone who is embarassingly bad at traditional sports, I can absolutely get behind creative avoidance of such endeavors.

I like this silhouette on her a lot. It does seem a touch fancy for a sporting event, but I do get the distinct impression she purposely does that to underline that she's not going to follow Kate's lead and participate in demonstrations. As someone who is embarassingly bad at traditional sports, I can absolutely get behind creative avoidance of such endeavors.

It's not just a sporting event, it is also an award ceremony. They are presenting awards later. I would expect those handing out an award as guests of honor at a graduation to be just a tad bit more dressed. Harry is without a tie, but he's not exactly dressed down either. Has nothing to do whether or not she'll participate, they did in fact participate.

I think what Meghan is wearing is fine for this event. I very much like that top, especially. I don't know about wearing stilettos on that floor but throwing a ball and looking animated and as if you're enjoying the outing makes for a good photo op. As they are both going to be presenting awards later Meghan's top doesn't look too dressy, IMO.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, yet again, Megan continues to wear foreign designer wear almost exclusively. When will she get it? Does she not get it, or is it a degree of obstinacy that is causing this? Or does she now think of herself as an international celebrity (like the Clooneys ), a citizen of the world, and therefore, not bound to support British business? Thoughts and ideas welcome.

Last edited:
The graduates themselves are just wearing white coach core T-shirts. I think a more casual outfit would have looked better.

Has Meghan cut her hair or something, it looks completely different for this event.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, yet again, Megan continues to wear foreign designer wear instead of supporting British brands. When will she get it? Does she not get it, or is it a degree of obstinacy that is causing this? Or does she now think of herself as an international celebrity (like the Clooneys ), a citizen of the world, and therefore, not bound to support British business?

Maybe.... just maybe after consulting with her new family that actually are working royals and with advisors and those that are "in the know", she's come to realize that it really isn't that big of a deal and has been told to wear whatever she is comfortable wearing.

As Charles foots the wardrobe bill, if there were complaints about a lack of British designers and labels, Meghan would comply. I'm sure of that.

JMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom