The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
So peopleís ignorance matters more than facts? Thatís the argument we are going with now? Iím fine with that definition if thatís the case.
Yep. And people like the DM writers feed the people's ignorance. They gloss over the British design talent. Unfortunately some readers are a bit sheep like, and believe just what they read. They cant be bothered to know that CWK is a British designer (even though she won the British design award).

The design houses are not the only sources of money from the fashion industry. The shops that sell the products employ people in the UK. The schools that train these designers bring a great deal of money into the economy both in tuition as well as the money they spend living there.

I think people will sadly find that Meghan never turns into a country wife they expect her to be. The traditional 'seasonal colors' and styles. This is not an European thing, this is an old tradition that modern fashion certainly has moved away from. Again she dresses no differently then many of the royal ladies on the continent. Kate's style is not 'British style' or even 'royal wardrobe'. It's Kate's style.

I hate Meghan's headpiece. I hate all fascinators. I wish she would wear a proper hat like Camilla one day if she has to wear a headpiece. Doesn't matter the size, I don't like any fascinators.

The navy and white dress looks simple but pretty. The white breaks up the dark blue to make it more day time. Miss it on the balcony.

Unlike Kate Meghan has not had months to get used to dressing her post baby body. She had months after George was born to do so. Charlotte and Louis just as soon as Archie true, but her second and third pregnancy.

She is not alone in the blue and white. Countess of St Andrews is rocking the same color scheme though more white. And both Louise and Zenouska are wearing darker shades of blue (Zenouska lighter in parts).

Old 06-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Majesty

I quite hope she goes back to her whispy hair styling. This severe scrape is not flattering IMO. Great to see them though!

Old 06-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Is there a photo of Meghan standing showing off her outfit. I have only seen in carriage and then only extreme top section on balcony. I know she will wear again someday but I was just curious. TY
Old 06-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Is there a photo of Meghan standing showing off her outfit. I have only seen in carriage and then only extreme top section on balcony. I know she will wear again someday but I was just curious. TY

There isnít no.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Courtier

I like the navy blue but can't see enough of her outfit to say anything about it. I hate the hat just because I don't care for the style and I don't think it flatters anyone. It wouldn't matter who wore it, I would still hate it. I wish Meghan would wear more like the pink hat she wore to the garden party right after the wedding. I also liked the cinnamon beret she wore that first Christmas at Sandringham. She could also go really crazy and go big. Maybe she could get some ideas if QMaxima is at the Garter Service and Ascot.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I'm glad I never had to appear in public a month after having any of my babies.
Plenty of women are still wearing maternity clothes at that stage. Mothers should cut her a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I quite hope she goes back to her whispy hair styling. This severe scrape is not flattering IMO. Great to see them though!
She may be concealing her post-pregnancy hairline for a reason.
How I hope she doesnít read heavy criticism about herself today.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
She may be concealing her post-pregnancy hairline for a reason.
How I hope she doesnít read heavy criticism about herself today.
Are you referencing post pregnancy hair loss? If so, it's a little early, that usually happens around month 4.

I haven't really read any heavy criticism, just a lot of meh reaction to what she wore.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wink

Quote:
I don't like the severe hairstyles either...they don't flatter her truly beautiful face. I also don't like the hat or the dark colors for such a bright sunny late spring day.

But she still has her new mummy face and new mummy glow and that's what is more endearing to me than anything she is wearing.

Go Meghan!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 06-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

It's blah. But, she's sleep deprived and I'm sure still nursing, so whatever works for her at this point. Glad to see her!
Old 06-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Are you referencing post pregnancy hair loss? If so, it's a little early, that usually happens around month 4.

I haven't really read any heavy criticism, just a lot of meh reaction to what she wore.
The hair loss can start as early as 1 month post partum. Every woman is different.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
The hair loss can start as early as 1 month post partum. Every woman is different.
True enough, every woman is different. I hope that Meghan just liked the hat.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I can't see enough of the outfit to have a prooer opinion but i dislike the color,her gar is lovely
Old 06-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

She'll be criticised if she does go back to the whisps, which I liked but which do invite touching, which she would also be criticised for.

I hope she can work out a happy balance between what she wants to wear and what works well for her in her role. I think that as far as possible she should wear the colours and styles that she likes without regard for what anyone else is wearing.

Meghan has recently had a baby. She looked fine to me. She was clean and generally well groomed. What more should be expected of her?
Old 06-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The hat is far too severe, the outfit is quite bland but I didnít expect anything fancy. Itís lovely to see her.
She is lovely, but the hat and the outfit are hideous. They make he look blah. Not elegant. Just blah.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Okay, I agree . . . more wisps or curls around her face looks far more flattering on Meghan and, if she is going to go 'severe' I want a real, honest to gosh, hat with a crown and a brim. I wish I could see her whole dress because I really, really, don't like the sleeves which were obviously hidden under a sort of wrap cover!

Actually, the dress looks like the wide white of the sleeves continues up to the neck and has white epaulettes with large blue buttons on the shoulders.

https://whatmeghanwore.net/wp-conten...M-1024x577.jpg
Old 06-09-2019, 01:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The British Fashion Council disagrees with this definition of British fashion as they take young and upcoming designers to Paris each year. And have awarded Clare Waight Keller and British Designer of the Year for Womenswear last year. Fact of matter is, we live in a globalized world. And French and Italian fashion arenít just renowned because of their Houses, but also what their designers have been able to do overseas.
The point consistently made by some posters and me is that what is expected of the ladies of the BRF is to support the British fashion industry by wearing clothes by British fashion houses and showcasing them at key events that attract national and international attention. IMO, wearing international fashion labels that may or may not employ a British designer does not quite achieve that same objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If you were to ask the average British taxpayer I'm sure they would say Givenchy is throughly french.

I'm also pretty sure they'd have no idea who Clare waight Keller is.

Ask the same taxpayer about McQueen and they'd say it's British.
Quote:
So peopleís ignorance matters more than facts? Thatís the argument we are going with now? Iím fine with that definition if thatís the case.
Very droll.

@jacqui24: Many thanks for bringing your sense of humour to the thread, wel deployed in this case

Quote:
I feel like, for me, Meghan gets half a pass today. She didnít have to attend but she chose to thereby making the decision to be in public less financial 5 weeks after the birth of her son. So you have to take into account both things.
Very well put, Lumutqueen. I think mot people are quite sensitive to the fact that Meghan made the effort to appear a few weeks after giving birth, and any comments about her fashion choices need to be viewed through the prism of the sensitivities of dressing a post-partum body.

Quote:
Purely on her outfit, this is a fashion thread, itís pretty basic and if itís all new Iím slightly disappointed again because I donít see why she couldnít have had a maternity outfit adjusted for this occasion.
Very relevant point. I have always found it odd at how many clothes ladies like Catherine, Meghan, Sophie and the York girls seem to buy, when they could simply reuse some of their existing clothes a lot more.

Quote:
I simply donít like the fact she keeps going to Givenchy for outfits at massive patriotic home events. And the frank, theyíre not great outfits either. Thereís literally no reason for it.
Spot on.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Very relevant point. I have always found it odd at how many clothes ladies like Catherine, Meghan, Sophie and the York girls seem to buy, when they could simply reuse some of their existing clothes a lot more.

The York sisters are not working royals so whatever money they spend on clothes, itís their own hard earned money- they can spend 10k on an outfit no one cares.

Both Camilla and Sophie rewear their outfits time and time again, case in point the outfits they wore yesterday - both were repeats. Also, looking how much some of the things she wear cost, Sophie is probably the least spender of the bunch- second only to Anne most likely, but given her minor royal status that is a very smart strategy.
Catherine also tends to rewear some of her clothes, and she tends to mix up a lot of high street brands.

As mentioned, and as I said earlier: I can think of at least five outfits Meghan wore during her pregnancy that could have been reworked for this event and would have still looked elegant and fitting a new mum who is still carrying some of her baby weight.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Majesty

i liked the dress very much but the coat looks a bit matronly. i think it would have worked better for me with a hairstyle that was less formal, i liked her hair down last year. meghan also looks (understandably) tired this time.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

I’m not keen on how she wore her hair or the style of the top bit of her jacket ....think a collar on her jacket would of suited her better ......apart from that nice to see her out and about and she looks happy
Old 06-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Nobility

She looks like any a new mother
Not fun of what she is wearing but i am not fun of her fashion anyway....Nice to see her with the family though

Closed Thread