The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I think it's fine if BRF women recycle Can/Aus/NZ clothes they bought for tours & I don't have any problem with them being worn afterwards for British engagements. The occasional piece by other non-Brit designers is OK too but as I've said before, the balance for all working BRF members (men & women) should be heavily in favour of the British fashion industry. I hope over the next year we see Meghan in more British labels.
Very well said, and I agree with your comments entirely.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:37 AM
Courtier

It seems that the Duchess of Sussex is in Navy Blue today. Haven't got a good look at it yet.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Sussex today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8h8vblXoAY_zdv.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8h-By9XYAAXnZh.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8h9yshXUAUoFjo.jpg
Old 06-08-2019, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

A bit sombre for the occasion... but the hat is on point !
Old 06-08-2019, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the hat 'flatters'.. its very severe across the forehead..
Old 06-08-2019, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The hat is far too severe, the outfit is quite bland but I didn’t expect anything fancy. It’s lovely to see her.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Dress by Claire Waight Keller, hat by Noel Stewart
Old 06-08-2019, 06:32 AM
Majesty

It is lovely to see Meghan back. I don't mind the hat. She doesn't usually go for big hats. Also, I don't think she likes to stand out colour-wise at these things and some of the other royals aren't wearing pastel outfits, either.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Dress by Claire Waight Keller, hat by Noel Stewart
By Clare Waight Keller or Givenchy?

It's hard to judge the dress from these photos, but it looks elegant. The hat is a bit weird and the dark colour doesn't fit the occasion for me, but the smile is on point. It's very nice to see Meghan happy and well, parenthood looks very good on her!
Old 06-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

So far all I've seen is Claire Waight Keller listed.

LaRae
Old 06-08-2019, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
So far all I've seen is Claire Waight Keller listed.

LaRae
That's interesting, thanks!

I know what bothers me about the hat - the thingy looks to me like a golden snitch from Harry Potter and it's totally distracting
Old 06-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

That hat is extremely unflattering, I've liked some of her previous beret-type hats much better. It's hard to give any opinion on the dress, perhaps the balcony pictures will give some additional detail. In any case, it's nice to see her again!
Old 06-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It is lovely to see Meghan back. I don't mind the hat. She doesn't usually go for big hats. Also, I don't think she likes to stand out colour-wise at these things and some of the other royals aren't wearing pastel outfits, either.
Except since most ladies of the royal family wear bright colors most of the time, Meghan use of dark blue and black does the exact opposite and causes her to stand out. So at this point, that is a year in, it’s no longer possible and credible to believe that she is doing this to not draw attention to herself. You’d have to be insanely thick to not get it for it to not be done on purpose.

Even today, besides Lady Louise- who is a mere teenager, every lady was wearing bright colors (FYI Lady Louise: her blue was a couple shades lighter than Meghan’s)... making Meghan actually stand out in the carriage (and in the balcony once she makes it there). A light bright color- why not a lighter shade of blue? Baby blue or Arabian blue, aquamarine or marine, would have actually made her assimilate well in with all the other bright colors.

At first I liked the outfit but closer pictures shows it is once again ill fitted.
A seamstress was needed here, desperately. Or just a different outfit.
I don’t understand paying sooo much for a couture outfit and it not fit you like a glove.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
That hat is extremely unflattering, I've liked some of her previous beret-type hats much better. It's hard to give any opinion on the dress, perhaps the balcony pictures will give some additional detail. In any case, it's nice to see her again!

A miss for the Duchess of Sussex. The whole outfit is unflattering.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The colour is nice but I don't like the hat,we might get a better view on the balcony.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Courtier

She just sticks to these beret/cocktail style (*sigh*). Usual color and design we have seen from her, but I would prefer the hat she wore to Eugenie's wedding.

The outfit is much better without the jacket-thing.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Now that's seen more of the outfit on the balcony, it's really appropriate for a post-pregnancy adjusting body. I love the white on the shoulders of the dress.

The hat is just "ok" in my opinion.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it's a cute hat, but maybe with a different hairstyle?

The dress is just blah. Still, she recently had a baby, so I don't want to be too critical.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah the dress is okay...basic shift style I think..but Archie is only a month old. Not going to really be critical about the choice. The hat is not my favorite.

LaRae
Old 06-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't like the jacket. I dislike the style.

Closed Thread