The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite hope she goes back to her whispy hair styling. This severe scrape is not flattering IMO. Great to see them though!

Is there a photo of Meghan standing showing off her outfit. I have only seen in carriage and then only extreme top section on balcony. I know she will wear again someday but I was just curious. TY

Is there a photo of Meghan standing showing off her outfit. I have only seen in carriage and then only extreme top section on balcony. I know she will wear again someday but I was just curious. TY

There isn’t no.

I like the navy blue but can't see enough of her outfit to say anything about it. I hate the hat just because I don't care for the style and I don't think it flatters anyone. It wouldn't matter who wore it, I would still hate it. I wish Meghan would wear more like the pink hat she wore to the garden party right after the wedding. I also liked the cinnamon beret she wore that first Christmas at Sandringham. She could also go really crazy and go big. Maybe she could get some ideas if QMaxima is at the Garter Service and Ascot.

I'm glad I never had to appear in public a month after having any of my babies.

Plenty of women are still wearing maternity clothes at that stage. Mothers should cut her a break.

I quite hope she goes back to her whispy hair styling. This severe scrape is not flattering IMO. Great to see them though!

She may be concealing her post-pregnancy hairline for a reason.
How I hope she doesn’t read heavy criticism about herself today.

Last edited by a moderator:
She may be concealing her post-pregnancy hairline for a reason.
How I hope she doesn’t read heavy criticism about herself today.

Are you referencing post pregnancy hair loss? If so, it's a little early, that usually happens around month 4.

I haven't really read any heavy criticism, just a lot of meh reaction to what she wore.

I don't like the severe hairstyles either...they don't flatter her truly beautiful face. I also don't like the hat or the dark colors for such a bright sunny late spring day.

But she still has her new mummy face and new mummy glow and that's what is more endearing to me than anything she is wearing.

Go Meghan!

It's blah. But, she's sleep deprived and I'm sure still nursing, so whatever works for her at this point. Glad to see her! :D

Are you referencing post pregnancy hair loss? If so, it's a little early, that usually happens around month 4.

I haven't really read any heavy criticism, just a lot of meh reaction to what she wore.

The hair loss can start as early as 1 month post partum. Every woman is different.

The hair loss can start as early as 1 month post partum. Every woman is different.

True enough, every woman is different. I hope that Meghan just liked the hat.

I can't see enough of the outfit to have a prooer opinion but i dislike the color,her gar is lovely

She'll be criticised if she does go back to the whisps, which I liked but which do invite touching, which she would also be criticised for.

I hope she can work out a happy balance between what she wants to wear and what works well for her in her role. I think that as far as possible she should wear the colours and styles that she likes without regard for what anyone else is wearing.

Meghan has recently had a baby. She looked fine to me. She was clean and generally well groomed. What more should be expected of her?

The hat is far too severe, the outfit is quite bland but I didn’t expect anything fancy. It’s lovely to see her.

She is lovely, but the hat and the outfit are hideous. They make he look blah. Not elegant. Just blah.

Okay, I agree . . . more wisps or curls around her face looks far more flattering on Meghan and, if she is going to go 'severe' I want a real, honest to gosh, hat with a crown and a brim. I wish I could see her whole dress because I really, really, don't like the sleeves which were obviously hidden under a sort of wrap cover!

Actually, the dress looks like the wide white of the sleeves continues up to the neck and has white epaulettes with large blue buttons on the shoulders.

https://whatmeghanwore.net/wp-conte...y-at-BP-with-Duke-of-York-and-HM-1024x577.jpg

Last edited:
The British Fashion Council disagrees with this definition of British fashion as they take young and upcoming designers to Paris each year. And have awarded Clare Waight Keller and British Designer of the Year for Womenswear last year. Fact of matter is, we live in a globalized world. And French and Italian fashion aren’t just renowned because of their Houses, but also what their designers have been able to do overseas.

The point consistently made by some posters and me is that what is expected of the ladies of the BRF is to support the British fashion industry by wearing clothes by British fashion houses and showcasing them at key events that attract national and international attention. IMO, wearing international fashion labels that may or may not employ a British designer does not quite achieve that same objective.

If you were to ask the average British taxpayer I'm sure they would say Givenchy is throughly french.

I'm also pretty sure they'd have no idea who Clare waight Keller is.

Ask the same taxpayer about McQueen and they'd say it's British.

So people’s ignorance matters more than facts? That’s the argument we are going with now? I’m fine with that definition if that’s the case. :lol:

Very droll.

@jacqui24: Many thanks for bringing your sense of humour to the thread, wel deployed in this case ?

I feel like, for me, Meghan gets half a pass today. She didn’t have to attend but she chose to thereby making the decision to be in public less financial 5 weeks after the birth of her son. So you have to take into account both things.

Very well put, Lumutqueen. I think mot people are quite sensitive to the fact that Meghan made the effort to appear a few weeks after giving birth, and any comments about her fashion choices need to be viewed through the prism of the sensitivities of dressing a post-partum body.

Purely on her outfit, this is a fashion thread, it’s pretty basic and if it’s all new I’m slightly disappointed again because I don’t see why she couldn’t have had a maternity outfit adjusted for this occasion.

Very relevant point. I have always found it odd at how many clothes ladies like Catherine, Meghan, Sophie and the York girls seem to buy, when they could simply reuse some of their existing clothes a lot more.

I simply don’t like the fact she keeps going to Givenchy for outfits at massive patriotic home events. And the frank, they’re not great outfits either. There’s literally no reason for it.

Spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very relevant point. I have always found it odd at how many clothes ladies like Catherine, Meghan, Sophie and the York girls seem to buy, when they could simply reuse some of their existing clothes a lot more.

The York sisters are not working royals so whatever money they spend on clothes, it’s their own hard earned money- they can spend 10k on an outfit no one cares.

Both Camilla and Sophie rewear their outfits time and time again, case in point the outfits they wore yesterday - both were repeats. Also, looking how much some of the things she wear cost, Sophie is probably the least spender of the bunch- second only to Anne most likely, but given her minor royal status that is a very smart strategy.
Catherine also tends to rewear some of her clothes, and she tends to mix up a lot of high street brands.

As mentioned, and as I said earlier: I can think of at least five outfits Meghan wore during her pregnancy that could have been reworked for this event and would have still looked elegant and fitting a new mum who is still carrying some of her baby weight.

i liked the dress very much but the coat looks a bit matronly. i think it would have worked better for me with a hairstyle that was less formal, i liked her hair down last year. meghan also looks (understandably) tired this time.

I’m not keen on how she wore her hair or the style of the top bit of her jacket ....think a collar on her jacket would of suited her better ......apart from that nice to see her out and about and she looks happy

Last edited:
She looks like any a new mother
Not fun of what she is wearing but i am not fun of her fashion anyway....Nice to see her with the family though

The York sisters are not working royals so whatever money they spend on clothes, it’s their own hard earned money- they can spend 10k on an outfit no one cares.

Both Camilla and Sophie rewear their outfits time and time again, case in point the outfits they wore yesterday - both were repeats. Also, looking how much some of the things she wear cost, Sophie is probably the least spender of the bunch- second only to Anne most likely, but given her minor royal status that is a very smart strategy.
Catherine also tends to rewear some of her clothes, and she tends to mix up a lot of high street brands.

As mentioned, and as I said earlier: I can think of at least five outfits Meghan wore during her pregnancy that could have been reworked for this event and would have still looked elegant and fitting a new mum who is still carrying some of her baby weight.

Sophie may not be as 'flashy' as others, but if you look at the labels she wears, she spends a LOT more money then you seem to think. For all the criticism of Meghan, Sophie wears a large amount of foreign brands. And not just foreign but high end like Gucci and so on. She gets away with it without the criticism because she doesn't get much attention due to her role.

Meghan has worn a number of high street and lower budget brands along the way as well. She mixes and matches like the rest of them. Considering she has only been married for a year, and during that time she had an ever changing baby body, its not surprising she hasn't re-worn more then she has.

But if you go back a few pages, you will find lists of things she has re-worn which people conveniently over look. Just like conveniently over looking the lower budget items.

A bit sombre for the occasion... but the hat is on point !

I agree that Meghan looked rather sombre yesterday. She looked more like she was attending a funeral rather than Trooping the Colour. I'd love to see her wear a bit more colour.

A miss from Meghan. The hat and hairstyle did her no favours.
The dress and coat didn’t fit well ( I understand she’s barely 5 weeksish postpartum) and the colour is too dull.
She needs to start wearing brighter, happier colours.
And while an updo is great, it’s doesn’t have to be so severely pulled back

I think it was great that Meghan got dressed up and came to a big public event less than 6 weeks after her first baby.

This was not one of Meghan’s best outfits, however she is still dressing a full figured postpregnancy body. And probably has not spent a lot of time having her hair done, so the scraped back bun was an easier look to put together.

Sophie may not be as 'flashy' as others, but if you look at the labels she wears, she spends a LOT more money then you seem to think. For all the criticism of Meghan, Sophie wears a large amount of foreign brands. And not just foreign but high end like Gucci and so on. She gets away with it without the criticism because she doesn't get much attention due to her role.

Meghan has worn a number of high street and lower budget brands along the way as well. She mixes and matches like the rest of them. Considering she has only been married for a year, and during that time she had an ever changing baby body, its not surprising she hasn't re-worn more then she has.

But if you go back a few pages, you will find lists of things she has re-worn which people conveniently over look. Just like conveniently over looking the lower budget items.
I agree with everything, except that list is in the maternity wear thread.

In terms of repeating, she started repeating as early as during the engagement. And as much as the tabloids like to print things that will jack up numbers both in item and price, we’ve gone through some and determined that a good chunk of the list was also pre-Harry.

its's not that she is not pencil thin. She just had a baby. The hat is awful, looks like a plate fell on her head. And the dress is just unappealing. I, usually, disagree with more color, as it is her choice, but this color and look sucked the life out of her.

I wasn't a fan of the dark color but in this case it made sense as she is clearly nursing. And as she is trying to figure her new body out and this was likely the longest she was away from Archie in weeks, I get the concern of leakage happening. It does happen and dark colors can help mask it.

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom